1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bool1989

Bool1989 The Cat that was Promised

Still not as bad as renesmee

tordg likes this.
  2. rooster

rooster Succ

Haha what's going on? I don't know anymore, I got like 30% of everything. The rest makes me go "What? Is this how everyone feels when they watch them look at each other and do the thinker speak?".

It's like a feeling that they have an entire conversation with just gestures and you're absolutely excluded.

Hmmm... I swear I've seen couples in love do the exact same thing.

Lisa/Rebecca totally confirmed as Best Ship Ever.

This sentence is hilarious, because Lisa doesn't realize that she fucked up in a similar way. Way back when Taylor commited suicide.

3. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Either remove the "he", or make it "he can".
    Italics.
    They have Trump/Thinkers now!? PRT protocols are throwing their hands up in the air and walking out. Hey, when does Gemini get access to The Clairvoyant (omniscience, sure, but dat power sharing effect)? Or Number Man? How many completely OP Thinkers does GU have? How many completely OP Tinkers does GU have?

Oh, and can Seeker seek out weak points? Not that that's not kinda redundant in Pantheon, but it would be a nice effect in an otherwise lacklustre power. Oooor, are you planning on using her to find where the Shards are? She does have a broken Taboo, right?
    FTFY

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  4. Beyogi

Beyogi I trust you know where the happy button is?

Tattletandria

5. kenhikaru

kenhikaru Not too sore, are you?

Alexva, imo.

6. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

there's a bunch of words could be used here but you probably only want one at a time

ok, that's gotta be based on names. one is Alexandria, obviously. the other... Sveta?

TanaNari likes this.
  7. SirTinal

SirTinal Verified TinFoilHat

Minerva

EDIT: Well since I'm posting might as well say how awesome these Lisa/Rebecca chapters are and that I love them. They progress the story along at a brisk pace, give insight into other characters and develop the Lisa/Rebecca plotline so it's always nice to see them :D

Divabot, pepperjack and TanaNari like this.
  8. NeverTooOld

NeverTooOld Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Yet another good chapter with Lisa/Rebecca. A problem that has popped up is that the chapter index hasn't been updated since Ch. 328 Ciara -- is there a problem with the site or just a lack of time?

9. DbDRAKE

DbDRAKE Possibly some sort of Actual Dragon?

ALEXANDRIA AND TATTLETALE ARE MY FAVORITE COUPLE NOW

THEY ARE SO

DAMN

ADORABLE

This is a problem dude, they are being all adult and responsible and emotionally close without being dependant and shit, its weirding me out

How did THEY get the healthy relationship?

10. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

No, the problem is that she is extremely aware of her role in that fiasco. The reason she was so against Taylia is because of exactly what happened.

Taylor became so dependent on the bond that the second it was removed she instantly closed up and considered her own life pointless because she had lost the only thing she had been using to keep herself going. That's the entire reason Lisa tried so hard in the beginning to get them to break the bond in the hopes that Taylor wasn't already to that point. She succeeded in getting the bond to be broken only to find out that she was too late and her fears were completely correct.

That whole thing was Lisa trying to do her best to help Taylor. When you notice a friend getting addicted to something to the point that it is becoming their sole reason for living, you don't just shrug and say "well, at least they're happy", you damn well try to get them off the addiction before it really does become their sole reason for living. She failed in that regard and the only consolation she has is that they had resurrection tech before she managed to discover the end result of her success at step 1.

Emma just went nuts and used the elation of tearing down Taylor as a patch on her own trauma.

11. pepperjack

pepperjack A Variety of Cheese

I think Minervandria works better if you're looking to combine those two. Still awkward, though.

evildice and TanaNari like this.
  12. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Mindria?

... That might actually work...

I'm lazy.

13. pepperjack

's better than Alexervia.

14. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I honestly still prefer "flirtn' with Disaster" because they are a one waiting to happen.

TanaNari likes this.
  15. Ampersandwich

Ampersandwich Outl&ish Gr& Panj&rum

Clearly, Tattletale + Alexandria = Taaltetxlaentdarliea. Or Atlaetxtalnedtrailae.

(The 'x' is pronounced 'sh', just like in Yum Kaax.)

16. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Actually they're the most stable and healthy pairing in the entire fic.

All the other ones have a massive lack of communication for one reason or another, theirs is nothing but communication. They know more about each other than even their teammates do, thus includes Cauldron and the Triumvirate for Alexandria.

The only way things will go bad for them is from an outside source. If they have issues the other knows about it within microseconds, analyzes the problems, figures out a possible solution, then communicates the potential solution before they even finish their cover sentence.

The only way to match that would be for Taylia to upgrade to sharing thoughts outright instead of emotions, irritating Lisandria for horning in on their niche. Lisandria works on a way to communicate actual emotions as well, coming from the other direction to end up at the same place Taylia has.

The combined bonds of Taylia and Lisandria will then pair off with each other, create a new Entity that figures out time travel, then goes back in time to slam into Eden and close the loop. They then spend the next 30+ years bitching about how stupid their younger selves are while watching the whole thing, hiding from Scion using Mantallum's power until they can re-integrate after their younger selves go back.

17. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

y'know what? I honestly want one of those to become the official name for the pairing.

TanaNari likes this.
  18. pepperjack

Definitely this one. There are far too few 'tl' blends in the world.

Is it just me, or does it sort of start out Aztec and end up kinda Latin?

GiftofLove and TanaNari like this.
  19. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

Alexandria + Minerva = Alerva
    Problem solved

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  20. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Comes with a free pet name! Minnie.

21. pepperjack

As in "I lurv a good ship"?

Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  22. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

MindRIA = Mind Rape In Action.

Where's my HUGS button?

23. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

This transition from power to thought is confusing.
    italics

I dislike the Minerva/Alexandria ship on the sole basis that there isn't a good name for it. Bring back GaeaxNilbog. Everyone wants more Jamelia.

Or have Alexandria join Pantheon under a name that fits well with Minerva. Either way works.

24. pepperjack

Searched for "goddess of libraries." First hit was Minerva. Second hit was Seshat, which ... let's just say it doesn't combine well.

25. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Mine Hat?

26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Just call the ship Library Girls.

cosoco likes this.
  27. kenhikaru

kenhikaru Not too sore, are you?

Mishat. Best name. Also, Shiva. So people are left wondering who the new Pantheon cape is and why they haven't been seen yet.

28. pepperjack

Inter-Library Loan?

doomlord9, cosoco and GiftofLove like this.
  29. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Why not call her Athena,now that they're two peas in a pod together.Becky gets the war goddess aspect while Lisa is wisdom.

dasstan and GiftofLove like this.
  30. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Are we still brainstorming ship names?

Naughty Librarians

Dewey Digits

Between the Lines

Papyrus Sheets

Mesektet (the vessel on which Thoth sailed the underworld; literally the name of a ship)

Mayflower (carried pilgrims to a new world; reference to the fact that they're non-physical but their love "may flower"; also literally the name of a ship)