1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

The spell was nearing completion, and as Paul was working on that the others with him were attacking. Moogles striking out with their swords or various abilities, Hraz was using her fire whip and sword to take care of any Heartless she could. And the driver kept shooting at any Heartless that got near her and the jeep.

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  2. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

Dice Roll: 7, 1, 19

Hraz was struck head on by the bulk of the Heartless Swarm, and she was sent flying from the force into the ground, hard. They reared up to try and strike again...

Only to hit the Barrier, bouncing off the magical forcefield and staggering back, small Heartless falling from the mass.

3. AndrewJTalon

Dice Roll: 20!

The swarm of Heartless were repulsed, many turning to dust while the rest fell in a rain! They seemed stunned!

4. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

"Praise the Light." He bellowed. "Paul! Finish the Incantation and Smite these friends!"

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. dwennon

"Well guess who timed it right. Because it's ready." Paul said, a shining ball of light forming in his hands. Raising it up he began slowly moving his hands apart from one another. "Star Cross." Saying the name of the spell being part of the last step, the Illusionist spell lashed out. Striking every Heartless in this fight with a blast of holy magic at once.

6. AndrewJTalon

Dice Roll: 13 + 6 = 19

The Holy Blast reduced the Heartless to dust, a veritable flock of hearts erupting from them. If there were any Heartless left, the combatants couldn't see them. The sense of Darkness was still there, but weaker around here.

7. Zaravan

Taking a moment to look around, he slowly lowered his shield.

"...I believe we have purified this area. But unless we find the source of that Darkness, it will not stay that way for long."

Relyt33 likes this.
  8. dwennon

Slumping a bit after that, Paul let out a breath of air. "Yeah, though at the least. Do not touch the barrier. I don't know if more might show up if you touch it right now, but I'd rather not risk it. For now, we need to get the word out and seek out any other Heartless that showed up. I think some headed towards the town, so unless we've got any other leads. We should probably head that way."

Having strapped Hraz in with her head held up, the jeep pulled up to where Paul was for him to get in. The Moogles hopping in too.

9. Zaravan

"Agreed." He says simply, before getting into the Jeep once more (and causing it to list to the side again).

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. dwennon

Once more the Moogles shifted in the Jeep to try and balance out the weight, everyone who could buckled up. And the jeep shot off once more back to the town proper. Paul sending out messages about what just happened to everyone he could think needed to see the message.

11. Jesse K the Bubba

Jesse K the Bubba They call me...Bubba

"They just left without me," Flare griped. True, he could have flown faster than that vehicle moved, but it was the thought that counts and the principle of the matter. As he fluttered in place, he noticed how some of the pixies had begun dispersing, heading back towards their forest home, though a few still stuck close to him.

'I was going to warn that rabbit woman person about that couple in her hair, but now I have half a mind to just watch as they build a nest and stay there forever.' It was quite a vindictive thought on his part, but it wasn't like she couldn't deal with it. Some honey or sweets and a bit of bargaining could get her out of that sort of predicament.

Suddenly, from the direction the group of travelers had gone, something dark emerged. He had felt dark things before. A few Carabosse here and there, including that one that seemed to radiate darkness, a number of Unseelie. Yet this darkness felt like a great chasm of emptiness, like something that could feel nothing but the negativity of the world, and only give such back.

The few pixies still around shuddered and hid around him while the High Fairy watched and waited. Now, it felt like some of that heartless darkness was coming right towards them.

"Oberyn give me strength," he muttered as one hand gripped his wand and another grasped the hilt of his sword.

Relyt33, Zaravan and Lawbringer like this.
  12. AndrewJTalon

From Flare's perspective, the Heartless was huge-Towering over him. And it was soon joined by two others, twitching and shaking like pixie dust junkies.

13. Jesse K the Bubba

He could feel the killing intent rolling off of these things. Flare didn't hesitate.

"Haste!" he called out, casting the spell upon himself. "Firaga!" he directed towards the dark creatures. "Pixies, focus your strongest attacks on the one on the right." As the Haste spell took hold, he launched into an attack with his cutlass against the beast he picked out.

Dice Roll: 4+1, 6+1,

14. AndrewJTalon

One of the hulking Heartless took the blow, but barely budged as the attack wasn't very effective. Nor was the follow up cutlass strike. The Heartless lashed out with claws, trying to slash him to ribbons!

15. Jesse K the Bubba

Cursing his laziness at spell practice, Flare tried to dash back away from the beast's claws, suceeding for the most part, but getting a set of three scratches across his chest with its last attempt. The wounds stung, and a pixie or two screamed in horror, but Flare just winced and readied himself to go further on the attack.

16. AndrewJTalon

Pixies Dice Roll: 9, 14, and 5 + 1 = 10, 15, and 6.

The nearest Heartless took the brunt of the strikes, falling back and dissolving as its Heart burst into freedom. The furthest one staggered back, stunned for a moment by the magical attack.

17. Jesse K the Bubba

As the pixies cheered their success, Flare felt the mana within him rise up at his command.

"Haste!" he shouted again, this time feeling the magic coursing through him and felt his wings and mind speed up.

"Blizzaga!"

One of the remaining beasts was hit with the spell, the ice shattering around it and cracking it apart. The icy spell instantly sought its other target. This one froze solid and shattered into pieces a moment later, leaving the fairies to themselves.

"Titania's mercy, what were those?" he thought aloud as one pixie flew over and tried to heal his wounds. "I think we need to find those others."

"What would they know?" the green-haired female pixie asked.

"No clue. But if anyone knows something, I think Konstantin might. He was saying something about fighting the darkness. Did any of you pay attention to that part?" At the sight of a dozen shaking heads, Flare sighed. "Well, at least I'm not alone there. I recall the basics, but not much beyond. Well, let's see if we can find them, and try to keep these dark creatures from doing too much damage, should there be more."

With his wounds mostly shut, the High Fairy led the cluster of pixies onward.

Relyt33, Zaravan, Faces and 2 others like this.
  18. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

Meanwhile back at the ranch shack.

Mats were splayed out outside of the Mystery Shack, and all three of the Twins Knight team were in full kit.

“As we don’t have any of our swordsmen here for forms, so we’re going to start on some basics before we get to a little practical sparring.”

Roxanne began reasonably with a bright smile, it was not nearly mirrored by the small evil grin the Gosalyn was trying not to show.

“We’ll start with how to fall first.”

And just like that the Duck girls immediate plans were dashed, and she narrowed her eyes at the team leader. “Not dodge training?”

Despite herself Roxanne seemed amused, “That’s on the agenda.”

Mollified, for the moment the Archer nodded, and the caster continued, “And at least one of us will always be in the exercises with you of course.”

That got Henry’s head to turn because he certainly hadn't heard about that, “We will?”

Roxanne nodded firmly, “We will.”

19. AndrewJTalon

"Falling practice? Come on! I know how to fall! I'm an expert on it!" Mabel laughed. She fell backwards... And onto Waddles, who had tromped up behind her. Dipper rolled his eyes and across his arms over his chest.

"Shouldn't we be learning... You know, combat?" Dipper asked. He winced a bit at Gosalyn's evil smirk, but he remained determined.

Relyt33, Zaravan, Faces and 1 other person like this.
  20. Valiant

Roxanne didn’t seem at all concerned with whatever thoughts were whirling through the duckgirls head, or she wasn’t aware of them?

“It’s about falling properly Mabel, making sure if you do get knocked down by accident or design, you aren’t hurt and can pop right back up. It’s the very basics of the basics and an exceptionally important foundation, Dipper.”

The dog girl motioned to the Bunny, “Henry, when you started pre-training what was that like?”

Henry’s fur fluffed out at being put on the spot like that but he did nod along after a moment.

“My cousin Judy started my training, she actually started with a lot of jogging, but the first actual structured exercises were falling and withdrawing safely. It was only after I had those that I got to gun safety, shooting and starting staff training.”

21. AndrewJTalon

Mabel blinked. "Wait... We can shoot our Keyblades like guns?!" She gasped in amazement. Dipper nodded.

"I get it. You want us to learn the basics. How to walk, before we run," he said. Mabel coughed.

"Right! That's what I meant!"

22. Valiant

"There are spells for the Mabel, but not our focus for the moment." Roxanne smiled broadly as the brother got it, "Yes exactly, Dipper."

Again Roxanne sought to bring her quietest teammate into the the conversation. "Henry, what were the rules of falling as you were taught?"

Ignoring the way Gosalyn was preparing a few punching bag arrows Henry did step up to the mat, thinking to demonstrate a little bit.

"Well first thing to keep in mind is that you want your limbs to bend, don't go rigid, that's probably the hardest part to get past at first, it happens when you panic."

As he spoke Henry kept his limbs bent slightly, "You also want to protect your head, and do your best not to fall on your bones. The muscles in your back butt and thighs are gonna take a heavy fall much better then your elbows or hands."

Demonstrating now, Henry let himself tumble to the mats, looking up at the two from his back. "Also keep falling. Instinct is to stop yourself as fast as you can, but the safer thing is to spread the impact out."

23. AndrewJTalon

Dipper nodded. He took a deep breath, and turned to stand in front of the mat.

"All right. Just give me a second-"

"BOO!" Mabel shouted, popping up in front of Dipper. Dipper yelped and fell back onto the mat, as Mabel laughed.

24. Valiant

"Henry, if you could help Mabel with the exercise?"

The bunny didn't sigh, but he did wave to the human girl to draw her attention, "Come on let's get this down and maybe something more... amusing, will be next?" ...Okay that was bad and he felt bad. "Like, rolling up to standing from getting knocked down."

Roxanne on the other hand had set her staff aside and was offering Dipper a hand up.

25. AndrewJTalon

Dipper accepted the hand, glaring at Mabel. She smiled apologetically, and walked over to the mat. She beamed at Henry... And fell backwards, cheering.

"Whee!"

26. Valiant

Roxanne brought Dipper to the other end of the mats, "Another try?"

And meanwhile Henry had an unenviable task to trying to get Mabel on track, something the Farm bunny was grasping at straws on how to do as he tugged her sleeve lightly to get her attention and perhaps get her standing again.

"Hey Mabel uhm... how about... synchronized falling side rolls, like a gymnastics game?" If this didn't work he might have to resort to bribery of some kind.

Relyt33 likes this.
  27. AndrewJTalon

Dipper nodded, and took a deep breath.

"Just try to imagine Pacifica hugging and kissing you! That's relaxing!" Mabel chirped, bouncing up and down. Dipper scowled at her.

"Mabel!"

"Won't it help?" She asked innocently. She beamed at him. Dipper sighed. He closed his eyes... A small smile came to his face, as he fell back limp as a noodle. Mabel clapped.

"See? You can do it!" She squealed. She looked at Henry. "Sure, if you'd like! I'm not great at gymnastics though. Too top heavy," she said, pointing at her bust.

Relyt33, Zaravan and Valiant like this.
  28. Valiant

"Well the point's just to get your body remembering how to do this, then we get to move on to interesting stuff, like magic and things." Henry demonstrated a rolling side fall, then popped back up to his feet, "Like that, on three."

Roxanne's mouth twitched upward, not that Dipper could see it with his eyes closed, "Good first fall, now we start turning it into muscle memory."

29. AndrewJTalon

Mabel went loose, fell and rolled on her shoulders, popping back up to her feet. She posed. "Ta da~!"

Dipper stood up, nodded, kept his eyes open... And fell again, just as limp as before.

30. Valiant

"All right Dipper, let's turn the end of the of the fall into something you can get out of readily, hopefully before Gosalyn fills her quiver with too many of those stun arrows."

And Henry just deadpanned, "You've done this before."

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019