1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

"..."

He was quiet, and slowly, both hands came up and began slowly pulling back his Hood, revealing...

His face. Weathered, scarred and worn by battle. He looked far older than he really was. But his eyes...

He looked so... Tired. So, so tired.

"... Satisfied?" He asks quietly, his gaze unable to meet theirs.

Relyt33 and Jesse K the Bubba like this.
  2. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

Seeing Henry's ears perking, Paul just nods his head towards the rabbit lad. Not wanting to disturb him hearing something that could be important...or catching radio signals if what Hraz had told him one time while she got drunk was accurate about literal rabbit ears. Still, while waiting for Henry to respond Paul tried pulling out a few more things from the interior pockets. A few small bags of sweets from various places, more pieces of paper with various information on them...mostly useful, in addition to a number of small and slim throwing knives. Enough was pulled out with one hand the first time to fill the mouth of a golden retriever.

Relyt33 and Valiant like this.
  3. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

Stanford nodded. "Yes," he said. He sighed. "I'm sorry. But please understand: Bill is such a threat he could destroy everything. I mean everything."

Mabel's hand trembled. Her grip tightened. She lowered her face, holding her head.

"Mabel? Mabel, what's wrong?" Dipper asked.

"I... I don't know... I...!" She trembled all over.

4. Zaravan

He said nothing, and simply pulled his Hood back up to cover his eyes once more, before turning to Mabel.

"...?" Was she getting some sort of premonition, he wondered.

Relyt33 likes this.
  5. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

"Yes, sorry Konstantin." Roxanne said, but her attention was quickly diverted.

Without a word the Bunny quickly trotted through the door to check on his charge, and no matter what he might say or feel about it, Mabel was his specific charge, just as Gosalyn looked after Dipper.

"Mabel?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  6. AndrewJTalon

Mabel twitched violently, one eye looking everywhere while her other eye was wide with fear.

"I... I... I..." She shuddered, and her Keyblade began to distort.

"MABEL!" Dipper gasped. He grabbed her and laid her down onto the floor. "She's having a seizure!"

"Get the first aid kit, NOW!" Dipper barked.

Stanford's eyes widened in a terrible realization. "Dipper, wait-!"

Dipper was whacked across the face with a Keyblade, and slammed through the door into the stairwell, the concrete cracking under his impact. Despite the force, he was only groaning. Still alive.

Relyt33, Valiant and Zaravan like this.
  7. dwennon

Leaning in to see what was going on, Paul was just barely able to dodge out of the way of a flying Dipper. Seeing what was going on...much as he could, Paul pulled out a pocket first aid kit and put a hand on the hilt of one of his swords. "Hey, what's going on?" He asked, trying to see what the heck was going on. And not being sure if he should go help Dipper first or be at the ready to help with Mabel...even more so with what was going on with her Keyblade.

Relyt33 likes this.
  8. Zaravan

Within a moment of Dipper getting smacked the fuck out, Konstantin was on his feet, Shield and Warhammer in hand.

"What is the meaning of this?" He asked as the candles on his shield flared to life.

Relyt33 likes this.
  9. Valiant

Training took over and Henry found his spear in his hands and standing between Dipper and the assailant, blinking confusedly.

Roxanne was just behind and to the side of him, and Gosalyn had drawn her bow and was taking up a shooting stance to the side of the door, but even she was hesitating.

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. AndrewJTalon

Stanley broke in, first aid kit in hand. Despite his ragged appearance, he helped hold down Mabel. Stanford immediately pulled out a syringe.

"Hold her down!" Stanford shouted. "Hold her still!"

Dipper turned to Roxanne. "Quick! Use the Sleep spell!" He shouted.

11. dwennon

Hearing the ask for a sleep spell and feeling things being a combat situation, Paul made a few hand motions and said a few words. Quickly making a basic sleep spell, and shot it at Mabel with one of the playing cards as a medium. Letting instincts take over more than conscious thought.

12. AndrewJTalon

Mabel slowed, and stopped struggling. She fell asleep, limp as a bone. Stanford pulled the syringe back, and Stanley glared up accusingly at Konstantin.

"Just what in the hell did you do to my granddaughter?!"

"Stanley, we don't know if he caused it-" Stanford tried.

"HE COMES AND THE HEARTLESS ATTACK?! What are you trying to pull, Tiny?!" Stanley snarled, enraged almost beyond reason.

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  13. Zaravan

Konstantin simply stood back, letting them take care of it. He didn't know if his own healing would make things worse.

But... Something still felt very wrong...

Relyt33 likes this.
  14. dwennon

"He kind of is seeming more like an unwitting pawn to me." Paul said at the reaction Stanley had to this all. "Kind of like he might be a distraction or a trigger."

Relyt33 likes this.
  15. AndrewJTalon

That made them all stop. Stanford shook his head.

"... Dipper, take Mabel to the attic. Let her get some rest," Stanford said. Dipper looked questioningly at his great uncle, but Stanford just stared. Stanley caught his brother's eyes... And nodded in turn.

"Yeah. Go on, everyone," he said. "Nothing to see here..."

Relyt33 likes this.
  16. Valiant

"Sleep."

At about the same time Roxanne flung one of her own sleep spells, a paff of feathers manifesting above Mable, and if it took hold, a small trail of silently bursting bubble floating away from her head.

Henry didn't really have any input here, they weren't supposed to interfere much at all with the keybearers' families.
    Roxanne however,

"We don't know enough to even begin to say he did it intentionally. Starting to throw punches isn't going to help any of us."

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. Zaravan

Konstantin let out a huff and stormed out of the Shack, Stanley's accusations putting him in a terrible mood.

He needed air, and he was starting to think that asking for help from them was a mistake. First they think he's possessed, then one of the old men blames him for something he hardly even understands.

His footfalls left cracks in the floorboards, and as he closed the door on the way out, it nearly cracked in two, with how hard he slammed it. Alas, he didn't care at the moment, and simply stomped off to a reasonable distance to sit on a stump.

Relyt33 likes this.
  18. dwennon

Paul just shrugged, and moved to get out of the way of everyone else from exiting. Though not getting out of range of being able to hear and see what was going on.
    Seeing Konstantin stomp off like that and no one else really trying to do all that much, Paul sighed. Thinking that someone should try and make sure the guy was alright. Walking up to him and the stump he found for himself, making sure to keep a good eye on where the Mystery Shack was as well as taking one of the Moogle knights with him just in case. He stepped up, and let things be for a bit.

"I take it you aren't feeling too good. Want a Gummy Berry?" Paul asked, holding out a hand full of preserved by drying Gummy Berries.

19. Zaravan

"Bah." He grumbled quietly, waving a mailed hand.

"...Damned if I can't find a way to help." He sighed. "Usually, I'd just have to give a sermon or smite some horrid creature, or heal some poor unfortunate... But here I'm being blamed for things out of my control."

"... It's infuriating." He smacked the pommel of his Warhammer on the ground to accentuate his point, the dirt cracking from the force. "And there isn't even anything in range for me to Smite that deserves it, either. Unless that 'Bill' Demon is actually around." He scoffed. "What a stupid name for a Demon."

Relyt33 likes this.
  20. dwennon

"Yeah, I get what you mean. While I was away from here, this world...or land, however you want to view it, I had to deal with something similar. Just because I could make some metal with a nice looking pattern." Paul said, pulling out a Damascus patterned knife. "And I happened to do it around some bad stuff going on. I was accused of being in league or possessed by something evil. Didn't help that one of the names I guessed was one of the old legends from this world Ba'al. Anyway, they tried to torture me and leave me with scars to get me to confess. Turns out, that didn't work because the real cultists showed up because they wanted the credit...it was, not a fun time." Paul sighed at the memory. "But yeah, this sort of shit happens. The biggest problem is you probably showed up here when you did as...well, an unwitting pawn or by sheer coincidence. So, to me you haven't actually done anything beyond maybe without choice or will in the matter acted as a possible distraction or way to cause things to go into motion."

With another sigh, Paul pulled out a fistful of flasks. Blinking owlishly, not having realized he had so many in his coat. shrugging, he opened one up to take a wife. Nodding, he offered it to Konstantin. "Want a bit of honey wine?"

Relyt33 likes this.
  21. Zaravan

He shook his head. "Let not indulgences cloud the mind of ye faithful." He paused. "Verse IXXVI. Forgive me, but... I'd rather not imbibe. Though I won't judge you for your vices, certainly."

Relyt33 likes this.
  22. dwennon

"Eh, more so I just like to have stuff on hand. Especially if I need to sanitize something pretty quick. Though I do have some stuff without alcohol." Paul said, sealing up the flask of honey wine. Opening another and taking a wife, he nodded. "Here, how about some nice alcohol free grape cider." He said, offering another flask to the wayward knight.

23. Zaravan

"Persistent, aren't you?" He chuckled, accepting the drink and taking a long draw from it. "You usually offer a flask so freely?"

24. dwennon

"Mostly if they're friends, or someone who I think needs to feel a little less down." Paul says with a chuckle. Taking a flask from another pocket, and drawing a short sip from the fruit punch inside.

25. AndrewJTalon

In the land of dreams, Mabel Pines wandered aimlessly. This was not like her normal dreams, full of bright rainbows and beautiful unicorns and kitties...

Everything was gray. Everything was dull. And in the sky... A jagged X had been cut, like someone had stabbed the sky and let it hang open like a rotting wound.

Mabel shivered. She knew where this was. She knew what this was.

"I... I want to wake up now, please..."

"You're afraid," a female voice spoke, her voice seemingly everywhere. She looked around frantically, summoning her Keyblade. She swung around, ready to fight yet she was shaking.

"Who's there?!" She demanded. "Come out! I... I have kittens!"

"What are you afraid of?" The female voice asked, the wind swirling around Mabel. She trembled, and pointed the Keyblade up at the sky, trying to be defiant.

"I'm not afraid! YOU'RE AFRAID!"

Out of the maelstrom, a familiar shape appeared. A familiar laugh pierced her brain, and her eyes widened in horror as her heart pounded in her chest.

"Shooting Star... Always the weak link... Always carried by everyone else..."

It was Bill. He loomed over her, laughing at her. Mabel gritted her teeth.

"You're not real... You're dead! YOU'RE DEAD!" She felt her Keyblade push and tug on her soul, and she LEAPED! Swinging her Keyblade to strike across his eye. He reeled back, howling in pain.

"OHHHH! THE AGONY! THE AGONY! YOU'RE SO... SO... PATHETIC!"
    His massive hands slammed down, and Mabel was blown off her feet. She tumbled along the ground, groaning as she came to a stop. She sat up, and saw her friends... She reached for them.

"DIPPER! WENDY! PACIFICA! GRUNKLE STAN!"

She reached for them... But they just stared, emotionless. Mabel's hand trembled and she reached out harder as Bill towered above her.

"HELP ME! HELP!"

"Never can do anything on your own, can you Shooting Star?" Bill laughed. He flicked Mabel in the side with his fingers, and she screamed as she fell into a bottomless pit. Deeper, deeper into darkness. She tried to jab her Keyblade into any kind of purchase, but it wasn't responding! It wasn't answering her! It-It vanished out of her hands!

"NO! PLEASE! HELP ME! SOMEONE! ANYONE!" She shrieked and screamed as loud as she could. Bill kept laughing, glowing a deadly read overhead...

A person in a dark cloak caught her. Mabel stopped screaming, and looked at the person. Their face was concealed by a hood, and in their other hand...

"My... My Keyblade," she murmured weakly. "Why do you have it...?"

The cloaked person was silent. She (Mabel could tell by the boobs) leaped, higher, and higher, bouncing off the sides of the bottomless pit so fast she couldn't see anything but a blur.

She could hear Bill cry out in surprise as they landed on the ground. She then heard Bill scream in agony, and Mabel looked up to see the strange woman had thrust her Keyblade right through Bill's hateful eye. She yanked it out, and proceeded to strike Bill Cipher like a goddess of war, an avenging angel-Calling down holy magic, making her Keyblade expand to strike him and pound the demon into the ground. At last, Bill was left on the ground, a trembling pile of Jell-O.

"Who... Who are you... What...?"

The woman jumped up, high, higher... And then dove like lightning. She thrust the Keyblade right into Bill, and the demon shrieked. It was so loud, so terrible, Mabel covered her ears and shut her eyes. She waited... Cautiously opened her eyes and uncovered her ears. She looked up... And the woman was standing in front of her, Mabel's Keyblade shining in her grip.

"Who... Who are you? What did you... How are you so cool?!" Mabel gasped. The woman pulled her hood off... And Mabel gasped.

"I'm you," the other Mabel said. "I'm what you can be. I'm what you want to be. Not weak. Not helpless. Not afraid. Not a burden. Someone who can protect her family, her world, everything."

Mabel shivered. She was still afraid. But this... She wanted this. More than anything else.

"... How?" Mabel asked.

The Other Mabel smiled, and reached out her hand. "Come with me," she said. "And I'll show you."

Mabel took the other Mabel's hand...

In the real world, Mabel awoke. She looked around carefully. Then, she summoned her Keyblade, opened the window, and jumped out into the night.

Dipper, pretending to be asleep in the bed next to hers, woke up with a grim expression. He pulled up his walkie talkie.

"Guys? She's moving."

- - -

Relyt33, Valiant and Zaravan like this.
  26. dwennon

Zaravan

Keeping an ear open, Paul heard -just barely- the announcement Mabel was awake. Sealing up the flask, he nudged Zaravan and let him know what was going on. "Seems like Mabel is awake. I'm going to head inside. If you feel like staying out here, that's fine. But I'd suggest not going too far."Paul said, before heading back to the Mystery Shack.

Relyt33 likes this.
  27. Valiant

There wasn’t a direct reply, merely a double click from another walkie talkie.

Gosalyn decked out in dark greens and purples, with a tied mask around her eyes waited until Mabel breached the treeline before she started after her, Henry’s ears peeking over one of her shoulders from the backpack he’d been situated in next to her quiver.

A few Q’s, a feather capped hat and she’d have a very close version of her Quiverwing Quack uniform sans cape.

She and Grimmy would be the best trackers while still remaining hidden in the group, but the Bunny was insurance if Mabel managed to cover her trail, she wasn’t completely sure if the Gummi bear had already started after the girl or not.

The others would be following after them as far as she knew.

@AndrewJTalon

Relyt33 likes this.
  28. Zaravan

"Mhm, yes, of course..." Konstantin replied softly, seeing a female figure dash away out into the dark from the corner of his eye. He'd only just caught it, but hearing how apparently Mabel had awakened...

Well, best he checked it out.

He got to his feet, and began to follow in the general direction she seemed to have gone.

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. AndrewJTalon

Mabel kept going fast, leaping from tree to tree like a ninja in that weird cartoon she'd shown Gosalyn. Dipper soon joined the chase, keeping behind and quiet with Roxanne.

It took some time, but eventually Mabel reached a deeper part of the forest. He held up his walkie talkie.

"Ford? You have anything?"

"I'm not sure... She's not possessed," Ford said, "but I don't know what she's doing, either."

30. Valiant

"Dipper," Roxanne's voice was quiet, but not too much, speaking with the distant sounds of Mable rushing through the foliage, "Do you know where she might be going, or doing?"

---

Further ahead of them Gosalyn was quick and quiet as she followed Mable from lower down in the branches, Henry barely daring to breath as he was bounced around in the backpack.

Relyt33 likes this.