1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] KH: Hard Day's Knight 1.2

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by AndrewJTalon, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Valiant

Valiant Having a lookaround

He had no idea how to deal with that, he also just thought she did those purple shields. "Ah, heh, siblings, right? Always with the... everything."

"Hi Jefferson, it's good to meet you." Dipper was largely listening to the conversation as it worked on, but he did spare a wave to the new arrival.

Relyt33 and AndrewJTalon like this.
  2. AndrewJTalon

AndrewJTalon Versed in the lewd.

"Wow," Helen Parr exhaled. Jack-Jack just giggled, and turned himself into metal, which Helen struggled to hold up. "Ah!"

"Your world sounds... Pretty interesting," Bob Parr admitted, with a little grin.

"No less than yours," Jefferson said. He held up a tablet. "As it turns out, this world's tech level is a lot higher than we suspected."

"Worlds with superheroes tend to be that way," Gosalyn commented with a grin.

"And they have an Internet... They just call it the Omninet," he explained, holding up the tablet. "So finding what we need? Probably not too hard."

"Ohhh," Dash said with a nod. "That's what you meant!"

Relyt33 and Zaravan like this.
  3. Zaravan

Zaravan Know what you're doing yet?

...Huh.

"Well, there's one problem solved handily." He observed, nodding. He didn't know much about this 'Internet' stuff, but if it helped find Henry and Mabel, then all the better.

4. dwennon

dwennon Versed in the lewd.

"Though being invaded by monsters in a seemingly endless swarm and coming into contact with other worlds can do that too. Although the whole being kidnapped by space pirates was very much not a fun part of it. " Paul said with a sigh, which Jefferson joined in on, when he thought back to the initial thing that started him on the path that led him here.
    "Ah yes, the fun of wildly varying terminology. Still, that should help make things much easier." Paul said with a nod, feeling glad they didn't need to set up much in the way of equipment to get into contact with anyone here.

5. AndrewJTalon

dwennon Valiant Zaravan

There was good news and bad news from the Agency that managed not just the Supers but also a lot of other strange things. Good news, Syndrome had not been able to get out of the Metroville area: They were certain of this and an APB had been set out on him. The bad news was, that was still a massive amount of area to search.

That said.. They did have one ace in the hole.

"Keybearers tend to be attracted to Heartless outbreaks," Roxanne explained to Mister Incredible, as they drove down the road in what he was already calling "The Incredicar 2": A nice, long black sedan with a powerful gas turbine motor and a few gadgets. It was something left over in the cargo bays of the Joyeuxe and frankly, Jefferson had wanted to get rid of it for a while. Paul couldn't even remember where they'd gotten it. So it was given to Mister Incredible. Only fair, given their antics had helped wreck not only his house but his car.

Relyt33, Spectrum2700 and Zaravan like this.
  6. Zaravan

"...We never did apologize for wrecking your home, did we?" Konstantin spoke up apologetically from the back. "...I formally apologize and am willing to offer compensation out of my personal funds." He didn't have much... But he still had a handful of gold on him...

Relyt33 and Spectrum2700 like this.
  7. dwennon

"Yeah, I've got to join in with the apologies. If nothing else I'm perfectly fine with giving you guys a place to stay while we're on this world...we might even be able to get started on building a replacement house for you, depending on some of the legalities of things...and what we're allowed to use." Paul said, feeling the need to apologize again.

8. AndrewJTalon

"Don't worry," Mrs. Parr soothed him, patting the big paladin on the shoulder. "We were insured."

"Not sure it still covers super attacks, dear," Mr. Parr commented. Elasti-Girl grimaced.

"You're not serious... You did get that option though, right?"

"Of course I did, but given it was connected to the company insurance we had, I'm not sure if it still applies," Mr. Parr admitted, easily slapping away Dash's hands as he tried to mess with the buttons on the dash. "Dash, don't."

"Awww... But cars are so slow. I need to be not bored," Dash grumbled.

"Well find out, please?" Elasti-Girl said urgently. Mr. Incredible nodded, waving reassuringly at her.

"Yes dear, I will. Hang on..." He hit the turbo on the car, and grinned as it immediately accelerate. "Woo! Now that's some power!"

9. Zaravan

"The offer still stands either way." He insisted pridefully as he felt them accelerate, focusing his mind for the fight ahead. Retribution must be extracted for Syndrome's attempted kidnapping.

And he was going to deliver it with the face of his Hammer.

Relyt33 likes this.
  10. Valiant

"Yeah they... kinda go right for us, without something masking where we are, or keeping them out of an area."

Dipper peered between the front seats, fingers tapping at the hilt of his keyblade as he attempted to recapture that feeling he'd had when he'd been tracking down Mabel the other day.

And rocked back in his seat as the superhero gunned in, "Whoa... well, if any of the smaller ships are available, we could pull an asteroid down and sell it to a space program, but that's probably not going to work in lower tech worlds."

Relyt33 likes this.
  11. dwennon

"I mean, we have some stores of ores and gems on the Joyeux. So if nothing else we can supplement with a bit of that if there's a need to pad things out a bit. But not too much, some of that is for emergency funds...or for production and repairs in the field." Paul said, making the offer at least "Though I have done some asteroid mining on one world that was lower tech. Just the potential of having star metal items can sometimes be worth it to some places and people."

Relyt33 likes this.
  12. Valiant

Dipper looked thoughtful at that, mind getting distracted from trying to track down Mabel for a half moment, "How do you deal with the Stellar Radiation by the way? It was how I was thinking to prove we'd gotten them from off planet, is it more Magic?"

13. dwennon

"For the most part, yeah. There's also some weird combination of alloys and chemicals I've found that can absorb a bit of radiation. But those are less reliable right now than just using some magic spells and items and enchantments to get the job done. As well on some worlds with higher levels of magic, the radiation acts more like a type of magic aura than normal radiation...there's been weird stuff I've come across." Paul said with a sigh, thinking back on things. And not wanting to remember the radioactive ooze he'd dealt with a couple of times.

14. AndrewJTalon

"Reminds me of Professor Voltaic," Mister Incredible commented. Elasti-Girl groaned.

"Oh, that guy," she moaned.

"You mean the guy who tried to pull a platinum asteroid down to crush Fort Knox to rob it?" Dash asked eagerly. "I remember that story!"

"Yeah," Mr. Incredible sighed. He chuckled. "Remember when we told him that the price of the platinum in that asteroid was, what, 1000 times more valuable than Fort Knox's gold?"

"I think his degree was in Russian Folklore before he got his superpowers, so it's not a big surprise he didn't figure it out until we told him," Elasi-Girl replied with a wry smile.

All around them was a strange mix of a modern Earth with a 1950s to early 1960s Earth: The design and aesthetics of the cars, buildings, and advertizements all spoke of that time of American prosperity, but presented with high definition screens. Everyone had a cellphone or laptop. It was all just told in a strange, almost "retro" style. It was actually incredible to behold.

15. dwennon

"Well, if nothing else it's good to know that platinum and gold should have the same kinds of valuing here as they do in most worlds I've been to...certainly better than the world where they were worth less than scrap iron, and the top valuable metals were Aluminum and Tin."

Relyt33 and Spectrum2700 like this.
  16. Valiant

"If I had the time, I'd love to go through your history books and see the tech progression...." Dipper said before he caught himself remembering what he should be doing and turning his focus inward again.

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. Zaravan

He had to admit, there was something... Aesthetically pleasing about the surroundings of this world. As they passed, Konstantin took in all this strange world had to offer, visually.

Relyt33 likes this.
  18. AndrewJTalon

"Oh, um, you like history and technology?" Violet asked with a smile, again playing with her hair. She was right next to Dipper in the enlarged rear seat-Apparently the car itself was spatially transcendent, allowing for a lot more room.

"It's probably necessary in most alternate Earths for the basic chemical make up of the planet to be the same, otherwise evolution might have changed entirely at the onset," Elasti-Girl commented. "But I'm not a scientist myself. I just dabble."

"You tend to do a LOT of dabbling when you superhero," Mister Incredible commented.

19. dwennon

"Yeah, being forced into having to adventure quite against my will at first with places where tech and magic varies wildly has really forced me to advance my awareness of things like chemistry and metallurgy and engineering by quite a bit. But yeah, that's about what most others I've talked have thought on the matter of chemical make up. Outside of places with very high magic, which can sometimes bypass or alter how things can operate. Even causing some metals that wouldn't normally exist to be around, like mythril for one example." Paul nodded, agreeing with both points.

20. Valiant

"Yeah the apparent tech level along with the current style in comparison to the way it occurred back home is pretty interesting."

Dipper replied absently, closing his eyes to recapture the feeling of his connection with Mabel, trying to go over the memories as well, but he wasn't getting too much so far.

21. AndrewJTalon

He got a flicker... And impressions. Of... A mine? Some kind of hot, arid place with wooden and metal buildings over a small river in a canyon. A bridge went over it...

Relyt33, Valiant and Zaravan like this.
  22. Zaravan

"Feel anything, Dipper?" Konstantin asked quietly, having noticed him concentrating.

Relyt33 likes this.
  23. Valiant

Dipper started out of his fugue, nearly letting the hilt drop before he grabbed it again. "Yeah... something."

He leaned forward, putting a hand on one of the front seats to steady himself, "Is there anywhere dry with a canyon and bridges, a small river too? There were some buildings as well, in reds and blues."

24. AndrewJTalon

Both of the superheroes shook their heads, though Elasti-Girl looked thoughtful.

"Maybe we can see if Syndrome had any properties like that," Mister Incredible observed. "But first? We're going to find your sister."

They pulled up to a high school, where numerous children were out and about.

Relyt33, Zaravan and Valiant like this.
  25. Zaravan

"....I believe I should wait here." He stated evenly. Konstantin did not suppose that he would be seen favorably marching around a place of learning. The others were far subtler than he.

Relyt33 likes this.
  26. Valiant

"Right, we could find out something about where she is."
    Dipper didn't know if she was here anymore if the Keyblade showed him that, but it couldn't hurt to look for information either. He let Truthseeker drop and vanish back to wherever it went to when he wasn't using it pit pf sight from the populace.

Popping the door open to step out onto the curb he held out a hand to help Violet out without really thinking about it, his eyes largely scanning the crowd of milling students.

"Should we at least leave some music on for you Konstantin?" He frowned inside the car at the Paladin, he was being sensible but...

27. dwennon

"Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same unless you've got some idea how I can help here." Paul said, checking which creature should he had on hand real quick. Morphing may not have been something he focused on all too much, but as long as he had a focus he could take the form of a variety of creatures from Ivalice.

Relyt33 likes this.
  28. Zaravan

"I have my Hymns and prayers to occupy my time." He assures simply.

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. AndrewJTalon

"Guys, don't worry," Roxanne said. "Incognito!"

She waved her staff, and everyone felt the tingle of magic over their skin. She beamed.

"Unless anyone is magically sensitive, we'll just look like perfectly ordinary people," she said. "You too, Konstantin!"

"You can go around and ask people if they've seen this girl?" Gosalyn asked dryly, holding up a poster with Mabel's face on it.

30. Zaravan

". . ."

"Convenient. Thank you kindly, Roxanne." Is all the Cleric says, before he gets out of the car, not wanting to waste any more time. "Let us proceed."

Relyt33 likes this.