1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Even with a power ring? Recharging it would be the main problem. Maybe a wish to Shenron?

Also, bit of a non-sequitur, but Paul had trouble finding jobs for the Terror Twins right? Because they liked breaking stuff?

What about tunnels or general underground construction? That's still super expensive. But villains able to destroy things quickly could maybe be employed there.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  2. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

Meh, It doesn’t mean much in Dragon Ball they nearly all died at least once.

Lord Ernest, topin89, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  3. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

something about not knowing about martial arts or the setting of dragon ball leading to him trying to hide from all the screaming madmen before being found and killed

infinityDivided likes this.
  4. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Sure, it's probably just trolling, but I can't help but wonder about Komand'r. Didn't Grayven decide to start courting her after the relationship with Jade shit the bed?

Also not really sure why Kara has a stick up her ass about Pir-El. He didn't start the war, he merely finished it. And the other side was just as willing to obliterate cities.

Lord Ernest and DAT_NOOB like this.
  5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

She's doing the equivalent of using a basketball shirt as her costume. It would be funny if the public copies her outfit without knowing that.

Is Grayven going to do this a lot with powerful female acquaintances? First time was Circe and Le Faye, now it's Kara 50.

You gave an explanation on this thread once. I put it in the TV Tropes characters page, indigo lanterns, for anyone who wants to know as well as a direct link.

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I don't either.

7. Norgarth

Norgarth Making the rounds.

It still might, local Grayven might have taken possession of the War World.

8. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

9. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Because that's when he last showed up?

10. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

He could have at least used more words. Like "the January incident". Is funny him saying he has the wisdom of Solomon and talking like tarzan.

11. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I was under the impression that Indigo Lanterns literally absorb the light from the other lanterns, It certainly looked like that when John Stewart channeled the the black light inside Mogo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Or when Indigo channeled the Green and Yellow Light
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  12. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

With all due respect and no offense intended... Your English language skills are quite good, but you're not a native speaker. Using "from" with a time sounds perfectly natural.

13. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

That's what made me wonder, but to be fair it's been a couple years since I read blackest night/brightest day

14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Works for me.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, that's fine.
    Since I have no idea what this was, I'll take it out.
    Distain is a word, but it means something else.
    I fixed this last time you pointed it out.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Somehow, this clip has vanished from the internet.
    Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  15. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Oh, huh. I'm not sure how that ended up in my quotes a second time, then. Sorry about that.

Bramble Thorn and DAT_NOOB like this.
  16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I sit corrected.

I had forgotten about the black lanterns still being in Mogo's core.

17. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I pointed that one out actually, Mr Zoat mixed up his two old correcters.

Speaking of old corrections, the ones I posted a few days ago have gone unnoticed again. Maybe I just shouldn't post them on the weekends.

18. Mr Zoat

Ah. Sorry about that. I'll get those done tomorrow.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  19. Threadmarks: Conqueror's Moon (part 8)
    Mr Zoat

26th December 2004
    21:35 GMT -6

Boom!

"Don't those things come with a suppressor?"

Shayera swoops through the boom tube and lands in the empty hangar, myself and Diana walking through at a more sedate pace behind her. She's not wearing either the traditional leotard of the Wonder Woman nor the old body stocking thing. Rather, she's just wearing normal Themysciran guard armour in what I'm assuming is an attempt to visually separate her new self from her former self. Or maybe not; it does cover more of her skin than the leotard. Maybe it provides better protection.

"I can build quieter ones, but not at a man-portable size."

Diana… Has been avoiding my eyes. A radically out of character development, both in Universe 50 and Universe 16. I should probably sort that out.

"Ah, Shayera, why don't-" She looks around. "-you go and tell Batman that you wrecked his ride. I need a quick word with Diana."

Diana tenses, and Shayera's eyes narrow slightly. "Alright, but if I hear fighting I'm coming right back."

"Of course."

She regards first me and then Diana for a moment, then flaps her wings and heads for the hangar door. I wait for her to pass through it and for it to close behind her before turning to Diana.

"So. You appear to have regained your divine abilities."

"I-. Yes." She meets my eyes, showing a little of the resolve I was expecting.

"Did you apologise to your sponsors?"

"Not.. at first. After you-. Even after you left, I still couldn't.. bring myself to accept that I'd made a mistake. But I couldn't keep living like that. So I went to the shrine where the Wonder Woman's equipment is kept and bound myself in the Lasso of Truth."

Ooooooooooh. Not only would that compel total self-honesty, but it's… Basically re-enacting what Herakles did to Hippolyta.

She sees my expression and nods solemnly. "It is no easy thing to confront all of your assumptions about the way things are and have your self-deceits torn away. You were right. Batman.. was right. And I am ashamed that I let my pride prevent me from seeing it sooner."

"And your powers came back afterwards?"

"No. My powers came back after I apologised. To my mother, to Captain Philippus… I asked Batman to let me use the Watchtower's communications systems to let me apologise to the world."

I nod, then step forward and lay my right hand on her left shoulder. She.. doesn't really respond.

"While I doubt that anyone else really cared, I respect the level of humility that shows, and your determination to do better."

Her eyes flick up to meet mine for a moment, then return to facing downwards. Yes, I suppose… Something like that, you don't just return to the status quo ante bellum. Still, it's a good sign that she's here. Depending on what my alter-ego's gotten together, we may well need her strength.

I lift my hand off her shoulder. Now is probably the time to pick up Sunset.

Diana takes a step in the direction of the exit. "Batman should be in the command centre. I can show you up."

"Would you please excuse me for just a moment first? I need to pick something up from my own base of operations."

"Ah. Yes?"

"Mother Box, open up a tube to the Mountain."

"Ping."

Boom!

I step through.

10th February
    09:02 GMT -7

"Hey, Sunset-."

"Hah!" The door between the parallel universe portal and the rest of the Mountain… Opens, and Sunset punches the air, pale blue light glowing around her hands. "Got it!"

"Um."

She turns around to face me, smugness fighting with irritation in her expression. "Did you lock me in on purpose, or did you just forget that you reengaged the lock?"

"Oh, that was totally intentional. Good work." She inclines her head slightly and raises her eyebrows. "Come on through and I'll introduce you to people."

"I'll need my equipment."

"You can get it after I've introduced you. You can't know what you need until you've gotten a feel for the magics of the place."

"I.. suppose." She walks past me through the tube. "Just don't lock me in a parallel universe for half an hour."

26th December 2004
    21:38 GMT -6

"Sunset, this is Princess Diana of Themyscira. Diana, this is Sunset Shimmer, my magical minion-."

"Not his minion."

I look at her sceptically. "You are literally my minion. I pay you, you do work for me. That's pretty much the definition of minion."

"No, minions are entry level labourers and thugs." She crosses her arms across her chest. "I'm a skilled professional heading my own department. That makes me a lieutenant. At least."

I turn back to Diana. "This is Sunset Shimmer. She's a lieutenant. At least."

"Hello, Sunset Shimmer."

"Are you a demigoddess like our Diana? Can I study you?"

"I.. suppose that I am. And… What do you mean by 'study'?"

"I'll let you two get acquainted. Mother Box, boom tube to command."

Ping.

Boom!

I stride through, arms held wide.

"Let joy be unbound, for I have-."

"Grayven!"

John glares at me as he keeps rocking a construct cradle, in which lies…

I amble closer as the infant looks up at me.

"Three hours, getting him to sleep."

"I am most terribly sorry." I make eye contact with the baby. "Hello, tiny human."

"Nmmrarmarn."

The baby wiggles its arms in my general direction and closes its eyes again. I crane my neck in John's direction.

"Yours?"

"Mine and Shayera's."

Hm, not seeing any wings. Not that I know enough about human-thanagarian hybrids to know whether that's typical or not.

"What's his name?"

"Rex Stewart. Rex Grayven Stewart."

"I can be available to babysit at very short notice."

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  20. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

... that, right there, is probably one of the safest kids in this neck of the multiverse

21. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Huh. Is there any support for the idea that power rings are by themself colorless and only gain color from the lantern?

22. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Ahem.

Dddddddddddaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

23. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

*an hour

This must be Warhawk, I checked the wiki and Rex is his name.

24. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Okay, from the Sunset Leutenant quip to baby Grayven that was probably one of the most adorable updates so far.

boo600, Sojiko, Vorian and 24 others like this.
  25. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I wonder if one of Stewart's military buddies was named Rex. He had life before the Corps after all.

26. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Oh Eris, that's the best laugh I've had in days.

27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Yes.

Vorian, BBJimmy, DrThoth and 10 others like this.
  28. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I'm picturing a traditional hoplite breastplate and skirt...

I don't envy her.

Diana tenses, and Shayera's eyes narrow slightly.

Oh, boy. That's gotta be intense.

At least she's properly regretful now.

That must have been quite the broadcast.

An extra tank is always handy, especially when she's also DPS.

I'm impressed she got it so quickly.

[X] Doubt.

"Just don't lock me in a parallel universe for half an hour."

Ah, Grayven, trollish as ever.

I picture her giving a panicked glance around for the nearest exits...

"You married Hawkgirl... And got Bizzay!"

Evidently, babies like Grayven.

Needs an apostrophe, I think?

Because of course Humans can breed with anything. No need to even question that.

"Sorry, Batman already called dibs on Godfather."

Ha, nice to see life moves on. And damn, John is gonna be one hell of a tough dad, isn't he, marinated in Will as he is?

29. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Goodness, one of the best executed superhero origins I've seen animated and I forgot his first name.

30. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

That's not Warhawk, that's gonna be Conquesthawk and he will be awesome. I don't know if it's true but I heard if a friend's baby is named after you that gives honorary Godparent status, even if it's not official; I would definitely want Grayven as Godparent, that's Awakening coming and who knows how many "this is how you murder your enemies" presents.

I'm happy for Diana, I hope J'onn manages to overcome his affliction as well, I think he's the one that's suffering more, really; Diana at least was in her island and with her family, even if she was pushing people away. J'onn is alone on dead planet, stuck in an unnatural form, practically mute even if there's no one to talk to; that's just too damn sad.

Alexandercctv, DrThoth, Ardy and 6 others like this.