1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No to the idea that they are themselves colorless, but yes to the idea that their colors can be changed by giving them different energies.

In the War of Light, the Star Sapphires could convert lanterns into new star sapphires, which included changing the color of their rings.

When Kyle recharged off of the Cosmic Cube in JLA/Avengers, his ring became cosmic cube colored.

In Blackest Night, before a black ring blows up by being emotionally charged, they change color to match the emotion overloading them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Post Flashpoint, Kyle's ring was changed to white, and the Lightsmith's beams changed the color of lanterns hit by them.

2. Doc Sithicus

Doc Sithicus Not too sore, are you?

Moments like this are the reason Grayven is my favourite character.

3. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Radion isn't the only way to bypass that divine resilience apparently.

4. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

This is what happens when you use mind control powers to make people self-determinate. They start demanding promotions.

5. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Fortunate?
    Your?

Nothing special, just some typos and one link

6. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

I wish thats all my minions did when I used my mind control powers to make people self determinate :D

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  7. inq101

inq101 Lazy mad genius

They called the kid King Graven?

8. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

Technically, yes.
    Which local-Grayven may take really well, or really poorly.

9. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Bah! Bah, I say! She shouldn't have had to apologize for anything. The only thing the Justice Lords did wrong was try to expand into other universes.

Authoritarian Leagues really need to stick to their own universe. It always bites them in the ass when they don't.

10. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Huh. Fun fact: a cape reduces air resistance at subsonic speeds.

11. Korfayron

Korfayron Making the rounds.

I want to see what Grayven's kid reacts like to this tiny adorable human.

boo600, DAT_NOOB and DrThoth like this.
  12. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

Where did this come from?

Gilhelmi likes this.
  13. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I imagine Divine Awakening wouldn’t work on Rex since he’s half-Thanagarian, unless Renegade gains access to ancient Thanagarian mystical knowledge (even then it would probably be a long-term research project).
    Earth-50 Thanagarians probably worshipped the Old Ones like in Earth-12; it would be interesting to see if there’s a parallel between the latter and the Seven Devils that Zoat and the comics use.

Has Renegade tried reverse-engineering Nth Metal too? I wonder if it would be conducive to making New God tech (which I also wonder about in regards to mithril and oricalchum). He hasn’t interacted with the Thanagarian Empire, which could be a fun parallel to Paragon in the future; maybe Renegade would ally with the Seven Devil cultists as a tool to influence the Empire.

On a tangential note, while Earth still has its problems here, at least the Lords Universe (probably) won’t have to worry about Darkseid.

14. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Mentioned when Awakening Mr Tawney, the process isn't limited to species, so much as soul structures. The Earth-based arcane energies seem to produce soul structures comparable with DeSaads Divine Awakening research.

So if Rex is Earth (orbit) born and raised, his soul should develop from from the same arcane energies. Which is discounting him getting a reincarnated soul, in which case, it would almost certainly have been human in a past life.

... of course, all this is discounting that Thanagarians (along with Kryptonians & Rannians) are descendants of pre-flood Atlantis colonists in some DC continuities. So I have no idea if that would play a part.

15. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Grayven mentioned that he couldn't Awaken Kon when he was making him full Kryptonian, so I think the species has to be Earth native. He also didn't Awaken MM which supports the idea.

infinityDivided, DAT_NOOB and DrThoth like this.
  16. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I also asked Mr. Zoat a while ago whether Renegade could Awaken Genomorphs, which have alien DNA but were created on Earth (and while individually they may have weak souls, the Genomorph Entire would be very interesting if Awakened), but he said it wasn't possible, if I remember correctly.
    This just made me think of Genomorphs encountering Tyranids (Zoat's profile name probably played a part)- does anyone know if someone's written a fic with that premise? Not a lot of good Tyranid crossover fanfiction out there (though I have read Hive Daughter and a couple others).

Edit: I also want to say I really enjoy your 40k/Star Wars Sorcerer fic Breadnaught, so thanks for that.

NightmareWarden likes this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, he's talking about the Prime Universe.
    Pass.
    Corrected.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Isn't that a theory rather than something that was ever established?

Anyway, in New Earth continuity, thanks to Brightest Day, it was established that Thanagar was colonized by refugees from Hawkworld, populated by humans from Earth and animal people (lion-manes, Lizarkons, Manhawks) with copious Nth Metal.

Humans mated with Manhawks, and that opened the portal to Thanagar, so Thanagarians would be human/manhawk hybrids.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  19. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

Superman, as usual, gets no respect or redemption in this story. Ever. Any version of Superman.

I think Mr Zoat just doesn't like Superman or something.

20. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

You know, it's actually kind of satisfying that when I post typos and stuff Zoat actually corrects them. It's like when you see that one kitchen tile that's misaligned from the others and you know it's gonna bother you every time you see it, but in this case I can point it out to the guy who controls all the kitchen tiles and he actually fixes it.

Zoat, you have no idea how much typos bother me. Thank you for being a good sport about it, even when I'm an arse and accidentally post redundant stuff at you.

21. narukaze132

narukaze132 Getting some practice in, huh?

I think it's more Paul/Grayven, personally. His treatment of Kon pissed both off, and their perspective is colored by that. And since the story is from their POV, that's what we see.

Vorian and DrThoth like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

[Briefly considers just copying and pasting his response to last time this came up]

The Renegade hasn't had any contact with Superman 50 since dosing his with gold kryptonite. Neither he nor you know anything about what he's thinking or doing now, or what he's been doing since the Renegade left. So I have no idea how you can draw any conclusions about how I feel about him.
    I remember spotting a spelling error in Fallout: Equestria, posting it and being told that the author had no interest in making corrections. Irritated me a bit.

Some things I didn't change. 'pooosibly' was entirely intentional.

boo600, Bramble Thorn, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  23. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Hey, your story mate. If it's intentional, it's intentional, I'm happy just to be able to point it out in case it isn't

boo600 and Cuchulin like this.
  24. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Once Wonder Woman showed up, all re-empowered and redeemed, I was going to say that. But there didn't seem to be any point in bothering.

RagnarokAscendant and Cuchulin like this.
  25. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

Wonder woman has boobs, sooo

26. Maxx Crowley

Sorry. I picked the "Homosexual" perk.

Gives me added defense to sacks of chest fat.

27. Breadnaught

Breadnaught Experienced.

Fool, you are powerless against my bulging chest!

Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Maxx Crowley

Meh, face doesn't do it for me. Also, you call that bulging?

29. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

You people have terrible memories.

Its probably how the Batman of the future universe IS the Justice lords verse, also this superman was brainwashed by Darkseid made a general "son" and then ordered to gleefully commit genocide on dozens of worlds before being sent to earth, where he recovered his original memories and then returned to murder Darkseid.

So Grayven knows this superman turns into a bad guy if left alone. He also knows this superman has killed a gigaton of people, then killed Darkseid in revenge and finally returned to earth where he eventually became earths Darkseid...

Nope, I don't see any problems. Kal is probably carrying a nasty co pilot in his soul, so the best that can be done with him is to keep him as a powerless farm owner.

30. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Point of clarification, even if they were bulging, those aren't "sacks of chest fat" (beautiful things that most of those are), instead what that guy has is more muscle than fat so no need to compare.

On Superman, though, I honestly expect Kal-El to be redeemable as well, the guy's just stubborn, Superman probably has some strong guilt from his time with Darkseid and who knows if he properly managed to process that (DC doesn't have therapists for Superheroes), and then one of the sweetest and most good guys ever dies because Lex is being a dick for the Zth time; I would have snapped as well. And then when he felt they were properly fixing the planet the stupid idea to go to another Earth comes about and that fucks up all the work. Grayven is definitely biased against him, nonetheless, so he didn't give Kal his version of tough love like he gave Diana, but I'm sure a few more visits from Kara (maybe a satellite call to Kansas?) and he will reflect properly on what happened.

In any case, I don't like the character either way (never have, couldn't even manage to see the TAS), so he can stay in his golden bus or hang himself with his cape, far as I'm concerned.

Senevri likes this.