1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

You know that quote, about imagining a boot stomping on a human face forever?
    It's her boot. That's what she's the New God of.

2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

That's less haha.

Prince Charon, Bramble Thorn and Ardy like this.
  3. alid610

alid610 Light of the Revolution

Wait are so are New gods even related to the other gods like zeus and odin. They seem incredibly weaker excluding darksieds omega stuff. They dont seem powerful enough to be called gods in any way. Even most of gavyerns power seems to be from his rings and the modified venom buster.

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

He reached through dimensional walls by accident. I wouldn't call that weak.

5. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

I was going to provide a spelling correction, but it seems that DC Comics writers are the ones that made this mistake. Carry on.

Missing closing quote.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  6. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

From what I gather, a God or New God is strong depending on what they're God of. Hephaestus doesn't look that tough or powerful, for example, but the guy is damn useful, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure most of us here could knock out Granny Goodness with a crowbar and good old fashioned determination (I bet Maxx could do it without the crowbar, even), but most of Darkseid's elite warriors have gone through her "tender care" and she has traumatized enough people as to gain respect from actual demons.

Besides that, Gods and New Gods are two totally different things. Gods are magic-based lifeforms, probably arisen from the Dream, with natural or learned magical abilities associated with myth, context or culture. New Gods are dual part real humanoids/concepts, with a natural link to the Source that fuels their magically based abilities and talents. If none of that makes sense, then I guess I don't understand them as well as I think.

Wheenesss, RGFJ, Ngamer11 and 3 others like this.
  7. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

He went arrogant again.

He should honesty get a sudekick that slaps him any time he does stupid shit like this.

Oglymogly and infinityDivided like this.
  8. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

i mean- as a god of the forge/smithing, i would NOT want to armwrestle/get into a brawl with him- he might not have war/battle as a aspect, but given how strong the average Smith is- and the likely quality of the Armour/weaponry he kept for himself...

RGFJ and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Because DC was using god as a race, not a power level.

Darkseid is a god, so is Lashina, who I can remember once being defeated by Catwoman in hand to hand combat, so are the pathetic schmucks that get whipped while doing slave labor.

Earth deities also have the advantage over New Gods in that Earth deities use magic, while New Gods use their technology.

So Zeus can just go bippity boppity boo and make whatever shit he wants to happen happen, a New God is going to need devices to do the same.

So I don't know if you are expecting more from them because of Abrahamic equating divinity with omnipotence, or were confused by the hype DC has given New Gods, and Darkseid especially, over the years to justify their turning characters whose stories were supposed to end in the eighties into a franchise zombie.

Because hey, why make an original character when you can use Darkseid ad nauseam? And then they felt the need to hype up Darkseid to distract people from him being the loser ruler of a shithole populated by C-listers.

In the comics, they are related, The New Gods evolved in the presence of the Source while the other gods were created by the Godwave which emanated from the Source.

Here, where Zoat made the gods elemental beings? They seem more like convergent evolution than anything else. The fact that Alan's turning into an elemental being blocked his new god apotheosis Renegade side doesn't suggest to me that they are the same thing.

11. IndigoAbyss

IndigoAbyss Isaac of the Abyss

I know right? What's up with that? She was like my first real crush
    Thanks to her I discovered a lot of....interesting things..

12. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

Imagine what it's like to be the god of Stomping.

I mean, you have a niche. No one can say you don't have a niche. Yes, it's not one of the cool broad concept like Freedom or Tyranny or Conquest or whatever the fuck Highfather's godhood is about... but still. You Stomp good. You are conceptually the master of crushing things underneath your large feet; maybe you can even expand it out a little to shaking the ground from the sheer force of your foot impacts. You Stomp good.

Every day you get up, break your fast, and go out for a glorious day of stomping. And sure, there may be those who say unkind things, but you don't care. You Stomp. That is your Way, that is your Reason. It's all about picking up a foot and putting it down, baby.

Stomp.

13. Threadmarks: Conqueror's Moon (part 12)
    Mr Zoat

27th December 2004
    02:02 GMT -6

Owfuckingfuck!

Stompa raises her boot again and takes a look at me.

"Huh. Think I'm losing my touch." She lifts it a little higher. "Oh well."

I brace with my feet and thrust my arms upward out of the parademon huddle, some losing their grip while others frantically try to hold on. I grab her foot and twist, causing her to lose her footing and fall on her arse.

None May Conquer Conquest.

Then I shove my arms out to the sides, yellow light thrusting the parademons off me! I trigger my aero-discs as the two Furies scrabble back. Now that the parademons are in one convenient location and appropriately fearful, I hold my hands out to either side and project cutting beams into the parademon pile. Parademons dead or cringing, I calmly fold my arms behind my back.

"Where's Granny?"

Lashina readies her ribbon-whip while Stompa gets her feet back under her-.

"And where's the other-?"

Surprise!

Claws! Claws scraping my cheeks as a weight lands on my shoulders! I feel them bite in as I form manacles and clamp them around Mad Harriet's arms before lifting her off me and dangling her before me. My facial wounds… Aren't healing particularly quickly. They're shallow enough that they should close up almost-.

Mad Harriet bends, kicking out at me with both feet. She.. really doesn't know when to stop. I wonder how Granny keeps her under control? I idly lean back slightly, catch her ankles at the apogee of their swing and then gently push them back down.

Then I float forward and backhand her across the face hard enough to break my own construct and send her flying to the feet of her colleagues.

"Is that it?" I look around, my face a pantomime of sadness. "Is this what Apokolips has been reduced to? Mindless, aimless charges into prepared positions?"

Shayera swoops down and floats just behind me, the head of her mace covered in off-purple scabs where she struck before its disruption field could fully re-establish itself.

"Even my gordanians could manage better than-."

Something hits me in the chin, snapping my head backwards as I feel another impact to my abdomen. Environmental shield and armour soaks most of it, but I'm still sent flying upwards before-

Two red dots.

-a series of impacts focusing on my face and chest. Fuckingfah! Construct armour!

It forms, and I see a half-second of black-red blur before it shatters and -I raise my arms to protect my face- the strikes start again. Alright -agh- it's kinetic impacts, create a kinetic barrier-.

There's another strike and the barrier triggers-. It's supposed to appear for a moment and then fail, but for some reason it's staying active. My attacker's right fist appears to be… Stuck..? In it. Said attacker is dressed in black, red and silver armour of Apokoliptian design not too dissimilar from my own. Silver boots, silver gauntlets, shoulder and neck guards and a silver helmet with a t-shaped visor. The rest is black but for the red tron lines. They're also short-. No, young. Assuming standard pattern humanoid development I'd say that they're younger than Lynne.

A boy or girl this strong and fast? I can't think of any-.

Two red lights appear behind the visor, then I get to see the construct generating my kinetic barrier melt for an instant before failing completely as the kryptonian child turns his eyes towards my bruised and bleeding face!

"Good, child! Kill this disobedient boy for Granny!" Pain Begets Loyalty.

AAAAAAGHHgold kryptonite radiation!

…

Graaaghh! Mirror!

The stealth heat beams coming from his face hit my construct and are deflected-

"Agh!"

-back into his eyes, causing him to drift back slightly in the air and cover his face with his hands before he recovers and returns his attention to me. Alright, fine, radiation didn't work on Kara last time, bit silly for me to think it would work through fully enclosed Apokoliptian armour.

"Finish him!" Remember the Lash!

Okay, problem. His armour protects him from kryptonite radiation. Red sunlight might work, but his armour is fully enclosed. And I'd rather not kill a child if I can help-.

There's a blur, and small legs wrap around my neck and strong arms grip my head and I feel the pressure constricting and turning! Okay, actually in danger now. Open fire!

Six drone weapons drop back into phase and open fire, death rays and blasters hitting my assailant in the back-.

And he's gone, and-. Two of the drones vanish from my awareness as he moves faster than they can track. Ugh, Apokolips: this child won't be a part-timer like Superman, he'll have been trained in his powers since birth. Constant exposure to pain and Granny's conditioning-. Where is the old hag? The Champion's Challenge.

Mad Harriet might be crazy, but that doesn't let her just ignore a concussive head trauma. She's down for now. Stompa isn't fast or agile enough to hit Shayera in an open environment and is punch-drunk from repeated Nth metal mace strikes and Lashina-.

I block her whip strike with a buckler construct and then hit her in the chest with a full-.

"No!"

Jghh! I feel my armour crack, and my spine with it! I'm knocked flying across the Apokoliptian landscape by the force of the strike! But at least I can feel this injury healing. I take control of my flight and warp back towards my opponent, feeling slowly returning to the lower part of my body. He's stopped to check on the staggered Lashina, curious. Now, what else works on kryptonians?

Ultrasonic blast.

The air shimmers with the force I'm putting into it, and I have to grab Shayera and shield her to prevent her falling out of the air.

"Aaarghh."

The kryptonian boy grips the side of his helmet, knocking the weird panel ornaments off as he does so.

"Did you know they had a kryptonian?"

Shayera shakes her head. "Where did they get a kryptonian from?"

"Kal-El was here for weeks. They might have cloned-" Lashina looks at him with genuine concern. "-him. Though I'm not sure why he's not an adult."

Still, we've done what we came here for. Granny will now think that Grayven 50 is gunning for her. Mother Box?

Ping.
    I Stand Triumphant.
    How about now?

Ping.

Good show.

"Vulture, we're leaving." Shayera nods. "I see that Apokolips isn't even worth my time."

Boom!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

*readies

Mr Zoat likes this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Given Darkseid didn't fall for "Grayven's" little pretend the only way Granny would is if Zoat writes her with the idiot ball.

16. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

DAT_NOOB Called it, he tanked the hit!

He's like a blender!

Lashina readies her ribbon-whip while Stompa gets her feet back under her-.

Are there only three Furies? Otherwise, this ought to be where're (as in 'where are'.)

Apparently, Harriet's godly power lets her cuts things that ought to be invulnerable, and makes sure they stay cut once they are.

Control her? Probably ingrained fears.

Again, that's a Parademon's job. But this was just wasteful...

Super-speed. Yay.

Alas, I guess punching things is the limit of a young kryptonian-apokalyptian hybrid...

Think back on your meta-knowledge, Grayven...

Oh, dear. Immune to gold K radiation? Or simply shielded by his armor...

Welp, time to bust out the fists.

Well, at least they trained him in tactics.

Yeah, don't mess with his mommy. Even bad boys love their mommas.

Oblivious, isn't he?

Heh. That'll surely get their goat.

Well, that went about as well as could be expected... Useful intel, if nothing else.

Lots of godspeech!

17. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Huh. I'd actually looked up the Furies after the last chapter, and saw under Lashina's wiki entry of how this kid was originally planned for the DCAU but the plotline eventually scrapped. Did not expect to see him here.

On the other hand, that's Darkseid. Neither Granny, nor any other of the Apokolips elite, have been shown to have similar knowledge/awareness of his status/nature. And that's in his native reality, let alone this one where they probably haven't seen the 'real' Grayven in who knows how long.

Gilhelmi, Norgarth, LawWilk and 11 others like this.
  18. Lord Ernest

I was expecting the little guy, but not right away. Still, feeling real sorry for Kal-El's kid, and it seems his mother really loves him. Wonder what his name is and if he could develop New God abilities later on?

I'm hoping this is just a strategic withdraw on Grayven's part and he comes back, if only because the kid doesn't deserve Granny, nobody does, let alone Apokolips, and also because an Apokolips with a properly indoctrinated Kryptonian with the possibility of future New God abilities is too dangerous to let him in Granny's disgusting hands. That could tip the scale in the Apokoliptian civil war or be a future danger.

Arghonn, Vorian, DrThoth and 7 others like this.
  19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn and AngelicKnight. like this.
  20. russellmopar

russellmopar Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

"Vulture, we're leaving." Shayera nods. "I see that Apokolips isn't even worth my time."

Hell's Razer and Mr Zoat like this.
  21. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Poor boy. Kal-El is going to go ballistic whe he finds out.

Does this kid also exist in Grayvens and Pauls dimensions?

Prince Charon likes this.
  22. Lord Ernest

If you refer to Earth 16 then it wouldn't be possible. Kal-El has never been brainwashed by Apokolips and as such has never been involved with Lashina. The closest individuals are Kon and Match, and Superman already knows of them, for obvious reasons.

BBJimmy, Vorian, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  23. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

You can't say Granny would be holding the idiot ball for being fooled without knowing why Darkseid wasn't fooled. And we have obvious guesses about why Darkseid wasn't fooled, namely that he had a loyal Fatherbox reporting back to him. If Darkseid was keeping tabs on the real Grayven, then that's another easy explanation. These both involve information and resources Granny Goodness likely doesn't have.

What I predict to happen next...I think Granny Goodness will retaliate against Grayven 50 faster than the Renegade expects, maybe when he's in the middle of rescuing Scott. Granny realizes the ruse, and she and Grayven 50 team up, with the Renegade having Stormwatch and more of the Justice Lords on his side to keep it even. That would be a good way to keep the kryptonian kid in the story, rather than letting him appear and then immediately disappear.

It would also be slightly amusing to have Captain Marvel fight someone younger than him for once.

Vorian, Ardy, infinityDivided and 9 others like this.
  24. helios

helios Praise the Sun!

Getting some real Brightburn vibes from the Kryptonian child.

25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

What do I win?
    Unfortunately it appears we will not be getting a discussion between renegrayven and granny goodness yet

27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You're both forgetting something rather important.

The real Grayven was one of Granny's "children", which means like "Grayven" has a connection to his minions Granny has a connection to the Grayven she raised.

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Grayven 16 was explicitly mentioned not to have been involved with Granny, we have no reason to assume that Grayven 12 would be different, especially since we dont even know if any canon versions of Darksides real sons were taken care of by Granny.

Cuchulin, Vorian, thebishop8 and 7 others like this.
  29. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Now Superman is a deadbeat dad in 2 universes.

Sceptic, Cuchulin, RGFJ and 5 others like this.
  30. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, good to know that Grayven is still Paul under all that muscle. Only he could be this clueless when it comes to relationships, after all.