1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Because the original song wasn't enough of a masterpiece, of course. :rolleyes::D

2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

But it's still hard to ignore your heart...

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  3. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Also, that art style is fucking incredible. I can feel my glucose level increasing when I look at it.

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  4. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

*shrugs* It's your money. Personally, this particular bit of nostalgia-splotation doesn't do much for me. Link's Awakening is good and all but, I'm not gonna shell out sixty bucks for it.

Imabot likes this.
  5. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

Here's the full animated opening of Indivisible, animated by Studio TRIGGER and Titmouse.

Coming to Steam, GOG, PS4 and Xbox One on October 8th, 2019.

6. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

It's sad that my first thought was that the MC is probably going to get rule34d fucking/being raped by every single monster that appeared in that.

7. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

It's already happening.

8. Mistodon

Yup, actually I think it already has happened. Hasn't Indivisible been a thing since 2015? There was a demo and everything.

9. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

I mean, some of those enemies would have fit right in in a hentai game so it's not that surprising tbh.

Deathwings likes this.
  10. Mistodon

Assuming I remember correctly, it's pretty much going to be a thing in the game that Ajna, the MC, can absorb her party members into herself, like she did in the opening, and that they all live in this Inner Realm inside her... which means it's only a matter of time until someone writes a fic about them all having an orgy inside her head.

Least Devotee and Derek58 like this.
  11. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Failed Kickstarter, gathered money on its own to try to do it anyway.

That you failed a kickstarter at the time means people really weren't interested much, I believe.

Least Devotee likes this.
  12. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

Gives a whole new meaning to the term mind fuck :D

13. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Or that it wasn't advertised enough. People can't back a Kickstarter they have never heard of after all, and not like a lot of people look around Kickstarters website for things to back.

14. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I never heard of the game.

15. aquinas

aquinas I trust you know where the happy button is?

Having followed and funded that one, their whole thing was they didn't bother with Kickstarter because of shit experiences with Skull Girls. Ended up getting a couple million through Indigogo though.

16. OverReactionGuy

Well, odds are because of epic kickstarter would be a scam anyway.

wayne82444 likes this.
  17. 3man75

3man75 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I just saw the cinematics today for WoW and I feel incredibly let down. I'm a brand new player and started in BFA so I have very little if any nostalgia or knowledge of older wow. But one thing that I found about WoW that instantly drew me in was Sylvanas. I know this sounds super cringey but she drew me in. An Undead Elven Ranger with Necro powers? That's just cool sounding to me and made me want to learn more about her, the forsaken, horde, why she became who she was, and learn other things about world of warcraft.

I liked the character so much I got a funkle pop of her, a statue, and I commisioned an Elven Ranger minituire for D&D in her likeness (Ranger-General).

Today I went to work motivated as the time slowly dragged down that after work I would be putting on my Horde/Sylvanas shirt and diving in straight away into the story. So yeah, fucking high expectations with how the Game says that the end of the war is now and wondering what there going to do...

And then it just broke down. The way the cut scene played out made me cringe a lot and I felt as a fan of the character to be just left in the Altar praying for a big satisfying reveal. All I got was being called weak as a Hordie, see her Kill a Traitor in a simple manner that should have been done sooner, and then literally flying away. I'm so unsatisfied with the whole thing even though it makes sense but still its just so dumb. I can't tell if i'm more mad at the execution of her reveal, the idea that I engrained in myself that she had greater good intentions, or that she's just petty/aggresive like Garrosh. I can't respect her and feel nothing but contempt for something I loved.

If there are any WoW fans/Players that can help maybe explain things to me that would be great. I feel like I just need someone to explain how WoW works before I just throw away the game( or delete it...lol). I know she's been doing evil shit for a long time but again I expected a greater good reason from it. Ehh.

*rant over*

18. OverReactionGuy

Actually she's been doing evil for a very long time to get revenge on Arthas and then continued to do evil for a very long time after he was dead.

She's not a very sympathetic character ever since she was turned into an undead banshee. The best that can happen to her is someone puts her still walking corpse out of it's misery.

I haven't watched the trailer for wow since I stopped caring for it. But that's the basic jist of the undead queen's lore.

She basically was left hollow after her revenge was completed and now fears death because she going to hell or someplace worse when she dies.

Garrosh got the short end of the stick since he was hated for being the replacement of thrall, then he made a badass speach and people were like "This is our warchief!" and then blizzard turned him evil because he wasn't popular and he died. Then a troll became warchief for like 2 seconds before he died all to make way for the elven waifu.

19. 3man75

That troll warchief was qctive for 1 whole expansion. Sylvanas too was active for one expansion.

Now i think we'll get Baine or w.e.

I know she's been evil but I always thought it was to get results for something good like creating her own version of heaven for herself amd loyalist or something.

Im less pissed but as a loyalist I feel kinda mffed that she just gave up the charade like that. Like how dumb does she have to be?

You'll have to see the trailer to know what i meam.

20. OverReactionGuy

Considering she's likely going to be a big bad, blizzard has to make her cartoonishly evil and stupid so people can understand she's evil and bad.

Since obviously only 5 years old play WoW anymore.

I kinda don't want to see the trailer.

-edit-

This seems to be like the same problem I had with the diablo 3 bosses except for the aspect of death. He's the only one that wasn't played as stupid.

3man75 and Derek58 like this.
  21. 3man75

Honestly it was being okay with following a mob boss only for said mob boss to decide to openly talk about the crimes the group did for bragging rights.

She's written so stupid even for a villain.

All in all. Im done following her and the plot.

Edit: Also I know it may not have been implied but I was that 5 y.o who felt that she could have been a good guy due to some reason with greater good. Oh well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  22. OverReactionGuy

I was talking about actual 5 years olds that don't know right and wrong yet because their parents didn't teach them or let them watch sesame street.

I wasn't calling you a 5 year old for believing she could be good. I was explaining that the blizzard writers are generally shit for their games who think that villains need to act like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

And when they actually improve leaps and bounds as in the diablo 3 reaper of souls expansion activation cuts out support for the game further because it doesn't meet "expected" sales.

23. 3man75

So first off I upchucked at reading this bit. Thank you Over :)

And yeah its very...simple? People on the reddit are talking about how this makes sense and i'm here like 'but it was dumb'. There's a lot of hate for Sylv and then there's youtubers who like Sylvanas no matter what. Even still they like her and its pretty unbelievable actually.

I'm thinking about staying around until the last patch before dipping. Maybe finally start a real raid.

24. Vague Wanderer

Vague Wanderer Well worn.

So, after reading about this, I felt the need to share the over the top absurdity that is the Acer Thronos:

[​IMG]

It combines a gaming chair, three 144 Hz monitors and a high end gaming rig all for the low, low price of $30,000. RPS describes it as "an envoy from a hellish future where gaming chairs have enslaved humanity" which is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. Seriously, this thing is ridiculous. But it's apparently the sort of ridiculous that has a market, because some (very rich) people are actually buying it. I'm a little unsure how I feel about that.

25. OverReactionGuy

If I was rich I'd buy it then die in it. Or at least until the new model comes out with only a 1% increase in performance and double the price. ;)

26. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I would buy it! If I had the money and place for it...

27. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Not too hot on it. Oh, the hardware is probably pretty good, but the ergonomics is what I'm iffy on.
    The chair itself, you could probably do something more comfortable than that for that budget
    The angle of the chair is nice... for a while. It's both healthy and more comfortable to be able to change positions once in a while, but that chair design (I mean, the bucket seat that restricts how you can sit) means you can sit only in one way.
    The tiny desk and that type of mouse would drive me nuts

28. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

At this size, I would expect it to be more like a simulator to pilot something.

29. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Right, I compeltely forgot, but Dragon Star Varnir IS out on Steam now.

For those that forgot, it's the setting where you are absoltuely screwed if you're a witch. Go mad if you don't eat dragons, die if you do (by birthing a dragon and thus exploding when it burst out from inside you).

Jiven likes this.
  30. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, trying to put my Christmas list together, got 5 Switch games on it, but only Fallen Order and GTA 5 for PS4. I have Spidey and Batman, Persona 5, and some others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Any reccs? I'd like to give them some options.