1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General Fic Discussion & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Master of Squirrel-fu, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

I felt we needed more variety in fics so here's a place for all your non-worm fic ideas.

I'll go first

I had an idea for a Skyrim fic, Here There Be Dragonborn. It'd follow the misadventures of the last two dragonborn. Nord, a young nord girl who's not too terribly bright with her heart in the right place most of the time. And Medea an Imperial witch who is a megalomaniac with a mile wide vindictive streak. They tend to journey apart but often times meet up when quest lines intersect, usually on opposing sides.

killgore444 and daimahou like this.
  2. tighearnach

tighearnach melancholy

Hmm. The concept is interesting, although the character ideas seem a bit eeh without any backstory to build upon the base concepts. What do you mean by witch? Would one be an Imp, and the other a Stormcloak? How would you handle magic, and the changes in magic from the Third to Fourth Age? How about Daedra/Aedra? Would the fic be comedic, with the characters acting pretty much like they do in game (a bunch of morons), or would you aim for a bit more realism?

MadKeyboard likes this.
  3. JustForLurking

JustForLurking You're out of cookies.

Wow, not much attention outside of Worm, huh?

Anyway, the other day I was speaking with my sister (we live, like, waay apart), and I got her to agree to get her to an SI thing with me. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's essentially a roleplay in which you GM a self insert of somebody else into a setting of your choice, preferably one the other person is not familiar with. She's a bit iffy on it, but I'm convinced it'll be good fun. At the moment I'm still undecided as to which setting to use. I'm considering Worm and FoZ at the moment, but I'm open to ideas. And once I pick a setting, I would also like you guys' input for shit I can throw at her.

One important note that I'll like for you to know: I know what forum this is, but keep the sex out of it. I'm willing to throw in some ecchi for the sake of lulz, but anything more than that is too much. She is my sister. I'll ask her at a later date if she's okay with spicier stuff, but before that, keep it PG-13. I'm well aware that this is not the best forum for this, but I'm not signing up for either SB or SV unless there's major changes to the way they moderate.

Snake/Eater and tighearnach like this.
  4. Master of Squirrel-fu

I'd say FoZ, haven't seen a good one in a while and it's a more lighthearted series. Rather than having her summoned which is the cliche you could probably do something else, maybe getting dropped through one of those space holes that randomly show up and then start working as a maid at the academy. Time skip a few months and you get to the start of canon and her meeting someone from her world. Also you should probably determine if she knows the series well and if she's able to keep that metaknowledge in character.

I'd personally suggest Puella Magica. She appears for mysterious reasons and Kyuubey takes an interest. She'd be stuck homeless on the streets of Mitakihara with Kyuubey to keep her company. It might even be possible that Kyubey might even fabricate a situation to force her into a contract.

MissingJimbo and tighearnach like this.
  5. tighearnach

tighearnach melancholy

On the topic of FoZ, I've been thinking for ages about how one would do a good crossover with L5R. The Legend of the Five Rings has one of my favourite fictional settings (and is also tons of fun to play), and it has a great many very interesting parallels with Familiar of Zero.
    Interesting. What kind of series does your sister enjoy?

6. JustForLurking

Hmm. I'm... Not sure. I know that she's into some pretty standard fare, like HP and GoT. I know she also read Twilight and liked it once upon a time, but I think she's gotten some better taste since then. I also know she tends to avoid anything that isn't live action, so no recent cartoons and very little anime. I'm gonna ask her next time I have a chance.

I have yet to actually watch PMMM believe it or not. The stuff I know is through osmosis and that alone makes me iffy to watch the entire thing. And even then, I have a hard time thinking of ways to work with the setting. And I'm leaning more towards FoZ if I'm honest. I'm a fan of high fantasy.

7. Master of Squirrel-fu

PMMM is only really so bad because it's Magical Girls without the plot protecting them from dying to monsters, and the fact Kyuubey's plan requires him screwing over pubescent girls, already overdramatic, to get the biggest (negative) emotional response. Other than that a level headed character pretty much OP.

For FOZ, if you just want fantasy land I'd suggest something else, FoZ has 3 settings to the plot: harem fanservice, boring political stuff, Elf=good Human=bad, all with a bit of action sprinkled in. I'd suggest something like something like Legend of the Shield Hero for it's interesting way of fusing in game mechanics, or SAO since it's kinda fantasyish and allows her to get believably strong.

tighearnach likes this.
  8. tighearnach

tighearnach melancholy

Yeah, the only real reason FoZ is so popular with fanfiction is because it has a setup which allows you to easily insert any character or person in the place of Saito, as there isn't any real justification for him being chosen in the first place,a nd he doesn't have much of a personality.
    JustForLurking
    What "high fantasy" series do you enjoy?

9. JustForLurking

Not familiar with that one. Give me a [unspecified amount of time] to look it over. I'm liking what I'm seeing though. As for PMMM, I'll give it a shot. I also had forgotten about SAO. Not as knowledgable about it, but it's on my to do list, so might as well.

As for FoZ, I put it up there because it's one of the settings I'm most familiar with, and because of it's origin its almost guaranteed that my sister will have no idea what it is (it's also an easy thing to work with, but that's pretty minor). I'm also aware of the harem antics and the political aspect, which is another reason I picked it. I like throwing curve balls at people, friends and family in particular, so while my sister will probably expect the typical ADVENTURE stuff, and maybe the silly politics but definitively not a harem. (She's a straight girl with problems interacting with lesbians. She'd might have gotten better since I last saw her in person, but I don't know.)

That is also the reason why I originally thought of Worm as a choice. Lots of grey and grey morality and weird powers that has to force her to think. Essentially I'm looking for settings that put her well outside her comfort zone, whether it be through unconventional creative thinking or through personally uncomfortable situations.

Of the top of my head? Lord of the Rings. Like it did to many people, it was the series that got the whole ball rolling. Other than that, pretty much just about anything within the genre itself.

10. Master of Squirrel-fu

Other good anime with Fantasy setting:
    Log Horizon: A setting where everyone who was in a VRMMORPG was transported to a reality based on the game universe and live in a real fantasy land with game mechanics.

Kino no Tabi: A low fantasy that goes through alot of genre from urban fantasy to scifi to mystery to horror and psych-thriller. It's set in a world were every country has a theme it revolves around. It's basically a world were every city is a "Land of the hats" and schitzo tech/magic abound. Wanderers are those who abandon their country to journey the world and cannot spend more than 3 days in a country lest they abandon adventuring and become a citizen.

Maoyuu: A world were the human world and demon world are at war, though the war is large enough that stopping it would ruin both countries. So the Crimson Scholar and The white Swordsman seek to lead an era of Enlightenment with The scholar's otherworldly knowledge to render the war obsolete for both sides.

Magi: Set in an Aladin-type fantasy in a fantasy world based heavily on "Sinbad", "Prince of Theives", and "1001 Arabian Knights". There's giant towers that hold impossibly powerful objects that give one the chance to fight to become the king of the world, Metal Vessels, and untold riches.

JustForLurking likes this.
  11. JustForLurking

*writes up and puts in to do list* I'll look them over. I really like how the Persian one sounds. Keep 'em coming! Oh, and while I do like fantasy, I'm not necessarily set on the genre yet. Worm is still on the table, mainly because I have some ideas. Feel free to throw anything you'd think would work.

12. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Secrets of the Immortal Nichols Flamel: Urban Fantasy meets High Fantasy meets Heroic Fantasy. Myths are true, gods are actually a powerful species from Ages gone and the evil ones have gone into hiding or got sealed away and the good and neutral ones are mostly just staying alone. Magic and Science are two sides of the same coind and many of the greatest Magics of Long ago are some Kind of super-tech. Two Kids with a unusual Talent and abilities end up getting mixed up in the battle of Nicholas Flamel. The immortal Alchemist is being hunted for his secret, the book which has countless secrets and spells and which gave him the ability to make the much searched after Philosopher's Stone.

The Magic System is very interesting, based around using Auras of which each is different for different types of Magic. Elemental forms are Standard, but you can also do much more esoteric stuff. It is the only Piece of fiction where I remember Niddhog walked through Paris. It has glorious world-building, interesting characters and impressive Magics.

Negima: Has Magic as a secret kept by People. Starts with a more urban Magic feel to it, but stuff escalates shounen style as time goes by. It exists in the same Setting as the much known Love Hina and there are all kinds of Fantasy and Magic things, Vampires, Demons, Time-Travel, Magically Powered Robots and Aliens from the Future. Also has quite the amusing Harem Antics if your sister were to end up anywhere near the Canon main-cast.

Digimon could also be interesting though I think that would be a bit more complicated and move a bit further away from the Fantasy aspect. But then, you are considering Worm and the Digimon series is very big with endless amount of potential for characters and stories.

13. Master of Squirrel-fu

Idea: Harry Porter and The Case of Mistaken Identity
    A story following the life of Harry Porter a muggle child that, due to a typo, received the Hogwarts acceptance letter in place of Harry Potter from down the lane. By the time anyone important realizes what happened the wheels are turning and can't be stopped. Now Mr. Porter needs to fake his way through 7 shitty years of magic school.

Ack likes this.
  14. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Nah, just go for a 'fully-functional' Soong design.

15. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

Oh i like this one you have to disregard JK staments about the squib that was able to put on the sorting hat only to be spelled but that is quite boring and if it gets in the way of a interesting premise work around or do away with it xD

How would he fake the spells?

I guess if the professors are on it it gets easier but it could be fun trying to figure out a way to fool them if they are not...

Also on FOZ what i have not seen are the adventures of the best thief in Halkagenia Fouquet trials and tribulations staeling from Germania to Albion and taking care of that damn orphanage or what id like to call "on the servce of her highness" starring Agnes on her role as the chief of the private corps of Henrietta.

Basically a story that does not go for whole sumoning thing and explores the setting from another angle,

An idea of the whole Louse get a new summon I had was with Yako and Neuro just after the last chapter, Yako falls to the portal as they were about to get reunited and that damn gluttonous pig
    goes and does that well Neuro is not standing for it so before the portal closes he forces it open, it is not really designed to take more that one passanger at a time but he is fresh out from hell and he got enoug power to hitch himself a ride.

They "politely" hahaha this is Neuro we are talking about god why did I miss him yako think to herself as the damn parrot ruins any first impression she coudl have made decline to be a familiar
    so either Louse is speled and gets by with her two new retainers one of which is "the famous detective Yako Katsuragi" whatever that is and thingçs turn into bizarre murder mistery time.

16. Noctum

Noctum I trust you know where the happy button is?

I've thought about this in the past, and based on the setting of L5R, there are only three ways I can think of to work a crossover from another setting into L5R:
    1) The character(s) are Japanese/look Japanese, and if they catch on to the local rules should be able to survive (thrive on the other hand...).
    2) Be very lucky/charismatic/quick-thinking and convince the samurai not to kill them.
    3) Be obviously powerful/divine enough so that the samurai are unwilling to risk their karma by attacking a fortune (even a gaijin one).
    Get one of these, and the crossover character gets a chance to live and explore the setting.

On the other hand, dropping a samurai into another setting (especially ones that aren't based on fantasy Japan) gets hilarious as they're completely outside everything they knew, nothing makes sense to them and cannot simply default to their usual fall-back of "bully the peasants into helping them". Cue wacky misunderstandings, character development, and perhaps reflecting on Rokugani traditions and ideas. Even better if you drop samurai from multiple clans in together so their own varied views and opinions bounce off each other.

17. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Er... not to burst your bubble, but the very first magical mystery that happens is the series is literally thousands of updating mails sent to the very address of Harry Potter down to the room he is staying in.

That is like...... and incredibly large plothole since until Harry read the letter, they never stopped sending it.

Ever.

18. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

True forgot about that maybe he can still use the premise but instead of a case of mistaken identity its a muggleborn that recibes the letter...no that still wouldnt work they probably have a way to identify and send letters only to the magicals... Squib that wants to go to Hogwarts and fakes their magic until they are in the castle I thinkI read something like that but it was just some phrases after an interwiew in tumbr gonn search for that back in a moment

Edit here it is:

http://ink-splotch.tumblr.com/post/104058597984/facts-from-the-2014-uk-editions-of-harry-potter

19. Master of Squirrel-fu

Note the bolded part. Someone wrote Harry Porter rather than Harry Potter. Letters seeking Porter goes to the wrong kid in the right neighborhood.

20. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

That changes nothing.

What ever system is used to get Harry Potter his letter does not stop until Harry Potter reads it. Spelling conventions is irrelevant to that. No beyond that whatever system is used to find out where Harry Potter is is functionally perfect until he reads it, a typo is meaningless that late in the system.

The only way that Harry Porter will get a letter is if literally everyone 'knows' that Harry Porter is the Bwl

21. Navrin

Navrin Experienced.

I'm not sure that Master of Squirrel-fu meant that Harry Porter is taking Harry's PLACE at Hogwarts; him just receiving that one letter that should have gone to Harry Potter might be what he meant. So Harry Potter is still there, but Harry Porter is still locked in. (Why he can't drop out I don't know)

22. Kolarthecool

Kolarthecool From dusk till dawn

This is basically an idea for an Si crossover with other Si fics. Namely the Si gains the power to travel the multiverse as usual but instead of starting off in their favorite universe, they choose to go after verses they know well: fanfictions.

Most SI's are somewhat knowledgeable about the verse they are in, others only know what they've gleamed from years of reading fanfiction. Why take a risk in the prime universe when you can visit one thats more fleshed out and made to favor the fans.

For example: My SI would first go to one of the zombie worlds that are always stocked with supplies in fanfics, then head right over to the start of 'Idiot with an Ebony Blade' and kill the SI before stealing that awesome sword and using it to kill other SIs for power ups. This way you get what you want without all that worry of accidentaly impacting the canon timeline and making butterflies.

23. JustForLurking

So, I had an idea. One that is either very silly, or pure genius.

So I was thinking about the thing I posted earlier in this thread, after having it out of my head for a while. And then I stumbled onto one of those MTG multi cross fics. I know you know where this is going.

The Average Florida Girl's Walk Through the Plains (working title)

It has the advantage that I don't have to settle for a single setting, instead I could simply put up a list and throw a dice.

Another idea I had would be to open up the thing to a collaboration. Kinda like a sort of co-GM thing were someone suggests a setting I'm not familiar with, they help me get everything straight. Granted, if it turns to be too much of a bother, I just don't do it.

So I could start her off in a setting she's familiar with, like Harry Potter, and then kick her of to something like Mass Effect, which I know she knows jack all about. Should be fun!

A third thing I was thinking given my current lack of keyboard, is to split the load; have some chapters written by her as a diary from her perspective.

So thoughts? Ideas? Condemnations?

24. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Okay, time to explore the other side of QQ.

I'm in the process of reviving a story from a while back-

-No, it's not In Bad Faith, stop asking dammit-

-it's a story called 'Counter Projection' and it's primarily a Magic Kaito 1412 Fanfiction. For those of you who don't know about Magic Kaito, it's a manga (now anime) centering around Kaitou KID, the 'Phantom Thief' from Detective Conan who wears a white suit and cape, pulling heists which he treats like magic shows.

The primary thrust of the story is thus:

The daughter of the detective (Nakamori Ginzo) who made it his life's mission to catch Kaitou KID before he disappeared, Nakamori Aoko, has taken up the mantle of the Phantom Thief during his absence. During the canon series, she demonstrates physical ability, mental prowess, and overall capability on a similar level to Kuroba Kaito, her childhood friend. Kaito's father, an internationally famous magician named Kuroba Toichi, was the original Kaitou KID, but was killed by a mysterious criminal organization for interfering in their plans.

In the wake of the the original Phantom Thief's disappearance, Nakamori Ginzo is left a depressed and rudderless existence. Chasing Kaitou KID cost him his marriage, years of time with his daughter, and virtually his entire social life, and with KID's disappearance, he has nothing to show for it.

His daughter, Aoko, thought that with the disappearance of the thief which had stolen so much of her father's time, she'd finally be able to spend more time with him. When he turns into a listless and mechanical man without any vigor, she becomes frustrated and resentful. Somewhere along the line, she starts wishing KID would show up again, if only she could see her father lively and enthusiastic about *anything* again.

...but KID doesn't show. For years.

So Aoko decides to do something stupid. A fifteen year old girl can't hope to fill the shoes of a legendary Phantom Thief, after all...can she? Still, even if she gets caught, the anger and shame on her father's face would be better than that blank stare he's had for so long.

Her first heist is something of a comedy of errors. Despite all of the pitfalls, though, she's successful at the end of the night. She won. She led her father on a merry chase through a museum and he finally, *finally,* paid attention to her.

She's hooked.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    So, is there anyone knowledgeable enough on Magic Kaito and/or Detective Conan to aid me in some brainstorming?

Questions & Comments welcome.

Guile and Evillevi like this.
  25. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I saw and read the update, but I don't know the setting well enough to help. (Thank you for summarizing the background like that;it clears some things up that I was wondering about.)

Slayer Anderson likes this.
  26. Slayer Anderson

I'm glad. I've taken some liberties here and there with the characterizations and character history.

In canon, there's no indication of what happened to Aoko's mother. At all. If I recall correctly, there is some really vague implication that she might be dead in the manga, but nothing is even close to outright stated on the matter.

Ginzo isn't given much of a backstory as to how he reacted to Kaito's father (Toichi/the first KID) disappearing, but in the anime, when Kaito (second KID) takes a hiatus because his version of Alfred Pennyworth threw out his back, Ginzo has literal *nightmares* about KID not coming back. The man's a fucking captain Ahab, KID very much being his white whale. I don't find it contrary to his character at all that he'd fall into one hell of a depression if KID vanished.

Ginzo is also canonically obsessed with his job. How obsessed? One episode deals with Aoko's birthday, wherein Kaito mistakenly plans a heist. Aoko has a quiet party with her friends and Kaito misses it, but does this huge fireworks display to make up for it after his heist. Ginzo is elated at actually getting the gem Kaito stole back and goes drinking with the other officers.

Canonically, Aoko is mostly okay with this. Why? Well, regrettably, we're not given much insight into her character, but presumably, it's because she "knows her father's work is important," and also has a fair amount of vitriol for Kaitou KID herself.

One of the biggest sticking points I have with both the anime and manga of Magic Kaito is Aoko's characterization, actually. In comparison to a bunch of individuals in Detective Conan and Magic Kaito with interesting personality tics and depth, she's just...well, ineffective and one-dimensional, really. She doesn't have any shining moments where she *takes action* rather than merely reacts to the circumstances around her.

Also, one of the interesting things I'm looking forward to is Kaito and Aoko meeting masked-up, so to speak. I just really need some ideas for some original plot arcs and some nifty magic tricks I can put in.

If anyone could throw out some murder-mystery or good ideas for thriller-type stories, it would be helpful.

Evillevi likes this.
  27. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

The case of the Mysterious Theft.

A different type of theft since unlike going into the building and stealing it from it's unstealable place in the museum, Aoko decided to steal it before it got to the museum proper and replace it with fake fake with some sort of timer to reveal that it was KID that stole the unstealable painting/what have you when said timer goes off.

The problem? The Fake painting was somehow replaced with a 'real' painting from which KID(?someone?) stolen on live television by with only the barest glimpse of a cape/bag/something being able to be seen just around the corner of <something>.

So Aoko has a painting she knows is real. She has proof that the painting in the museum was fake. So how was it replaced on live television and more importantly why.

The method in and of itself was simple. The Live television was doctored ahead of time (as the camera location was fixed) and inserted with a very small delay on the order of seconds (which was also done to the ). Due to how the painting was framed (a solid slab of metal cusioned with some sort of leather material with the painting slapped on top of it and the frames attached to the metal, squishing the painting in the middle) it's possible to slap something on top of the frame (Leather material) in the few seconds someone stood in front of it and project the picture of the painting on top of the thing.

And when the light turns off for the spotlight, that half a second delay perfectly hides the projected image being turned off and a runner runs with just enough flutter and sound to attract attention.

So when the frame is hauled off to be double checked for stuff, the slapped on leather is removed, the painting taken out of the frame, and the now empty frame handed to the next person who should have it.

28. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

That sounds like a really cool idea Slayer. The daughter starts out resentful, then gets to the 'Notice me, damn it!' phase, then she starts performing the heists for her own enjoyment... but what happens when what's his face (Shuichi?) shows up in the same outfit? Or perhaps she first meets up with his Pennyworth, the old guy was pretending to be KID for a little while pre-canon; he is, of course, very confused. Did the master grow a set of breasts while he was away?

But I've also never seen more than one episode of Kaitou Kid 1412, so I can't really get involved. But a few thoughts for magic tricks would be to look at the greats.

Houdini was well-known for escaping from locked boxes, jars filled the water, things like that. So how about a daring theft that ends with her walking out into the middle of a lake (or pulling a KID-esque handglider), dropping into the water, and not resurfacing?
    Another trick of his was to have his ankles locked and dunked underwater. Perhaps she gets her legs caught, or she takes to walking along ceilings upside down, ninja-style, to escape laser defense grids.
    Houdini also caused an elephant to disappear. Have a zoo next door to a museum or something, have her break into the zoo and then assault the museum from elephant-back. Or possibly you could rig up one of those T-rex dinosaur skeletons to have it move in a lifelike manner with animatronics?

29. Slayer Anderson

*Ahem*

Yoink. Yoink'd like a motherfucker.

Character List for reference:

Nakamori Ginzo - Police Chief and Head of Kaitou KID Task Force
    Nakamori Aoko - Ginzo's daughter, High school student, childhood friend of Kuroba Kaito.
    [In this fic, Aoko is dubbed Kaitou Joan after she starts running around thieving, due to the fact that Kaitou KID's original moniker was Kaiou 1412, or 'The Phantom Thief 1412.' Aoko was given the name 'Joan' based on the fact that 1412 happens to be the birth year of Joan of Arc. Also, it caught on with the press.]

Kuroba Toichi - Original Kaitou KID, Deceased?
    Kuroba Kaito - Second Kaitou KID, takes up the mantle after his sixteenth birthday to figure out what his father was doing that got him killed after discovering that his father's 'accident' was in fact a murder.
    Kuroba Chikage - Toichi's husband and Kaito's mother. Chikage is the now-retired Phantom Lady, a Phantom Thief who left the line of work shortly before KID's first public appearances.

Konosuke Jii - The 'Alfred Pennyworth' of the series. Toichi's loyal helper while he was alive who initially attempts to do as Kaito plans, but merely draws Kaito's attention as his first target when he discovers his father's former identity. Jii becomes the second Kaitou KID's confidant and aide, helping plan and carry out heists numerous times. Also usually the voice of reason.

Hakuba Saguru - A half-Japanese, half-British exchange student and son of the police commissioner. More than a little neurotic, vain, and a genius detective on par with Shinichi Kudo (Edogawa Conan) from Magic Kaito's spin-off series. He intermittently hunts kid and is, in canon, the only person who really believes Kuroba Kaito might be Kaitou KID.

Koizumi Akako - A witch. An honest-to-Lucifer witch who cast spells, summons Lucifer himself, and fucks with all sorts of *actual* magic throughout the series. She can have any man she wants because of her...'charms,' but wants Kuroba Kaito because he's the only man capable of resisting her.

Kaitou KID - Known as 'Japan's Arsène Lupin,' (a reference to Lupin III) the Phantom thief 1412 is a master of deception, trickery, and stage magic. He disappeared for eight years, but has recently returned. One of the reasons so many people 'play nice' with KID is that he's a consummate 'Gentleman Thief.' He sends notices before each theft, he actually appears and gives the cops a chance to catch him each time, and he never hurts anyone (he also goes out of his way to stop people from getting injured). In canon, Kuroba Kaito actually returns gems he steals because they're not the specific stone he's searching for, so he's very much a 'villain with good PR' to everyone. Japan, with their habit of enthroning cultural icons, has gotten him a fairly large fan club which attends his heists and cheers for him. He also answers any serious challenge issued to him, as a matter of honor and pride. Several people 'fake' KID notices for various reasons during the show, all of them end up having to deal with the *actual* KID, who doesn't like impersonators (ironically enough).

Prince Charon and Guile like this.
  30. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Thinking on the amount of prep time a lot of illusions need (I'm thinking of Copperfield stepping through the Great Wall here, actually accomplished through trap doors and clever use of the shadows thrown by his assistants), maybe Aoko should tag along when Ginzo cases the joint. Get some Conan in reverse up ins.

Kaitou Joan issues a challenge, Ginzo and his men swarm over the place (Aoko tagging along to see how it's done), she preps the illusion when nobody's looking, then later comes back as Joan to complete the trick.