1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

*Them his children do it to OL aswell

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

3. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

I like how Overgirl is slowly realising how different this universe is, Overman might have told her that their Earth is the only one where the Nazis won but it probably didn't click for her what that meant

She probably thought that it was like any other war, people would be mad about it at the time but give it a few generations and everyone will have forgotten, but now she's realising that the Allies winning had huge effects and her ideology is seen as being cartoonishly evil and that OL could probably do whatever he wants to her and most people would forgive it because she's a Nazi

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  4. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

I dunno, given the information he had, that sounds like a feature, not a bug.

Goodness knows you can't let someone who's been that brainwashed near delicate machinery.

Hell I want to know how they squared the whole alien thing, with the Nazi circle.

5. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

*sigh* Oh if only.

Issue?

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Does Sivana want to dissect, or more accuretly vivisect her seeing as she is still alive, her because of her unique genetic makeup?
    Would he try to do the same thing to Overman in order to discover how earth 10 Kryptonians are diffrent?

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

If he does go to Earth-10 it would be a good idea to make sure the POTUS isn't trying to summon a golem to wipe humanity off the face of the Earth.

Swamp Thing visited a Nazi Earth (he also visited Earth Prime, Earth Prime's Dr Holland's son reads Swamp Thing by the by) and interrupted the ritual.

Swampy convinced the POTUS that wiping out humanity was the wrong play, that it was better to try to make the future better.

Then Swampy leaves, which let the Golem show up.

Rock falls everyone dies.

So apparently Golems in Vertigo can be worldkillers.

A rather far cry from Paul the Golem or Monolith's power levels.

8. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

She's going to keep correcting people on that, isn't she? She'll have to get used to it sooner or later here...

Oh, honey, you have no idea...

Yeah, this is not going to be easy for her. It'll be like all of her worst nightmares, in a political sense, come true.

Man, things are going to get difficult with her, aren't they? I hope Doctor Mist has some sort of interdimensional travel spell, if only by reverse-engineering the Earth -14 Zatara's techniques...l

Yes, you see it now, don't you?

"It was quite the thing back in the sixties. I should dig up a textbook or two for you."

Ha, Just like Mr Zoat said she would...

I like that it took him a moment to understand..

Basically, if she wants out of this lab, she's got to exercise some self-control...

No restricted access mode? No 'access only with another registered user's permission' setting? Boy, their security needs a little work.

!Empower Kon!

Really, OL, do you have to tell her so much? I mean, the Zeta Tube's inventor probably got purged, but still, they might be advanced enough to work it out...

So, Assault Transport are basically giant, troop-carrying bullets?:D And I'm amazed he hasn't though of encouraging the development of something like the DCAU's Javelins.

And what guarantee would you have she'd follow you, OL, beside her curiosity?

Time for a private chat with his on-call super-scientists.

Ah, I was half-expecting her to try to stay in the fortress. I suppose Jor-El could engage the internal security systems...

Well, it's either 'shelled into oblivion' or...

... 'captured peacefully without much damage.' Blitzkrieg for the win?

Those that survived...

Honestly, Who knows? The Nazi Leadership seemed a bit scattered at times...

"...And there's a phrase I never expected to ever say anytime soon."

Heh, I'm guessing a lot of human science development has been sidetracked or flat-out abandoned?

Ah. Is it anything like being drunk? And before you ask why that would be bad, consider it from the drink's point of view.

I take it that's a feature, not a bug. Unfortunately, they do need her alive...

Hmm, I rather think Overman would like his junior partner alive and in one piece. Some fast talking ahead, I suspect. Or some snarky back-and-forth... Eh, why not both!

Correction:
    ...become the generic... ...violent ethno-nationalism.
    (I assume that's that you meant by the second part?)

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Who would win between Teth Adom and Overman?
    Both are high tier flying bricks with decades of experience in fighting and using their respective powers?
    Teth has an advantage in that he has magic, something that kryptonians are vulnerable to?
    That reminds me do Teth and Billy have the ability to shoot lightning like they do in the comics, or not, or have they simply not discovered it yet and if they haven't then will they do so in your story?
    Why didn't OL Danner Adriana like he did Teth and Amon?
    Is Adrianna in her Isis form all the time like Teth in his form?

Cuchulin and Relyt33 like this.
  10. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Huh. Interesting that they gobbled up Hungary.

I know that historically the Nazis wanted . . . It'd probably be faster to show it on a map then it would be to list the countries the historical Nazis wanted to annex.

[​IMG]

That's more or less accurate. Though I'm only just now realizing that I forgot to give Alaska to Japan in that HoI4 game.

So, out of curiosity . . . What else did the Earth 10 Nazis directly annex?

Also, strictly speaking, I'm pretty sure it should be the Greater Germanic Reich instead of Germania.

Germania is what they planned to call Berlin after the urban renewal project they planned to launch following a victory in WW2.

11. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    In a rap battle?
    True, but few of their opponents fought with poetry. While rap in its modern form was never invented on Earth 10, Karl is probably aware of flyting and so wouldn't be caught completely off guard. Adom has made a study of both poetry (in his first life) and modern music (in his second), though not in any depth for the latter.

Really, I don't think it would be a good match.
    Karl's lack of a magic education would indeed leave him unprepared for Adom's sick Zehuti-inspired rhymes, though it could be argued that was coaching.
    Yes, though shooting your opponent with lightning during a rap is generally considered cheating.
    She hasn't asked, and generally tries to avoid combat.
    Yes.

12. Mr Zoat

Could you please blow up Europe a bit more?
    I haven't thought about it in much detail.
    I dunno, I guess Morell got hit by a train or something.

Ej190, Alexandercctv, Relyt33 and 7 others like this.
  13. Fallen Gods Rise

Fallen Gods Rise Just stepped on a Lego

Pretty sure that should be Western Russia

Relyt33, Ardy, Hell's Razer and 2 others like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I meant in a traditional battle with fists and brawling and what not, not rap or music.
    And when you said that they can shoot lightning does that mean that they will figure out how to do it in the story?
    If they have already done that, not counting Billy using the sword of Beowulf, can you tell us when?

Relyt33 likes this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    They have roughly the same power and experience as each other. But Karl's guilt leaves him demotivated, so Teth probably takes it unless Overgirl is at risk.
    They can do the traditional thing, which is call the lightning and then dodge it.
    Billy did it during the fight with Mr Atom. Because I forgot about the sword.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So they can't just shoot lightning from their hands, but just call the magic name and then move out of the way?

Hey can you tell us what those demons, that gave Sabbac his powers, what exactly did each demon give him, like who gave him power and who wisdom and who speed and who gave him everything else?
    Do the evil spirits inhabiting Ibac give him each something specific like strength, speed etc. and if so then who gives him who?
    And who gave Ibac his powers in the first place?

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

got no idea

Hahahahaha, Paul should really have seen that coming.

18. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

.. have to admit, OL's being a...lot more.....
    ...... i..dont know if "nice" is the right word regarding a literal nazi- for anyone of a lower power level, id say suicidally trusting/naive,
    but if i was in his shoes, she'd have been shockcrowned, branded, and interrogated within a minute of confirming her point of origin under the latter compulsion about the actions she's carried out since being empowered under the quite reasonable assumption that there's a better than even chance she's kicked/gassed/chocked at least ONE puppy to death with her bare hands"off page/offscreen", just to be safe >.<

Alexandercctv, Relyt33, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  19. Maelgwyn

Maelgwyn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well Ibac got his powers from Ivan Grozny, who gives terror, Cesare Borgia, who gives cunning, Atilla the Hun, who gives him ferocity, and Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (Caligula) who gives cruelty.

Sabbac gets strength from Satan (or Saturnus here), invincibility from Aym, "evil wisdom" from Belial, flame powers from Beelzebub, "evil courage" from Asmodeus, and flight from Crateis.

Relyt33, Ardy, Mr Zoat and 2 others like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Thank you Rhomanion1.
    As to the Ibac question i was wondering who gave him his powers in the first place, not the spirits.
    And if Cesare gives him cunning then he is either a very stupid man or is slacking off, because from the brief appereance of Ibac we got, cunning is not a thing you would associate with him.

Jormuungaand, w34v3r and Navi-Hank like this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When OL had that conversation with Fire about increasing her powers he said that it was the magic of Noriel.

I was wondering if Fire will now have her comic book powers, being able to fly and transform into being covered in green fire, as well as being able to shoot large balls of fire from her body?
    Will her powers now be like Loriels fire magic, but just colored green?

22. Maelgwyn

Well according to the wiki Lucifer gave him his powers, but I'm not sure if that's retconned or not, since the guy's currently running a night club in Los Angeles and doesn't seem like he'd be creating supervillains for kicks.

EDIT: and regarding Stinky Printwhistle's intelligence, he got his powers after he accidentally blew himself up blowing up a bridge, so you might have the right of it.

Cuchulin, Relyt33 and Darko like this.
  23. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

explode? or enlarge?

because for HOI4 both answers are appropiate.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Technically Satanus may have given Sabbac his powers originally, seeing as the Wizard is his father and he may know the spell to give a mortal magic powers.
    Lucifer was originally more akin to how he is portrayed in fiction, pure evil with red skin and horns, before Gaiman got his hands on him and made him into a charismatic pretty boy with daddy issues a mile long, though if Ibac showed up before the vertigo Lucifer then could see him giving someone powers to fight a champion of good.

Cuchulin, Relyt33 and Ardy like this.
  25. Maelgwyn

We have a whole arc when Fawcett City got invaded showing that Sabbac got those powers from those six demons including Satanus though.

Actually wondering what the explanation in-story would be for Ibac's powers. We know that Vertigo is canon to this story since Constantine and Desire have shown up and we have heard that Lucifer retired decades ago, but the entity that gave Ibac his powers explicitly identified himself as Lucifer rather than Satan at least according to the wiki, so that would imply that Ibac was Lucifer playing around at being a stereotypical devil for kicks while he wasn't dodging Amenadiel and playing the piano, some other demon (perhaps Satanus) was impersonating Lucifer, or that whole situation was retconned in-story and there's a different explanation in-story for how Ibac got his powers.

26. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

If it can hold Captain Marvel it can hold her.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Demos have pretended to be the devil when summoned, the SI told that during the Fawcett City arc.
    Maybe Satanus gave Ibac his powers.

28. Maelgwyn

It was mentioned though that they would call themselves "Satan" though. It was mentioned that while Lucifer exists, "Satan" doesn't, hence why demons call themselves the latter. I'm guessing that Lucifer might be rather nettled if other demons were stealing his name to make deals (guy is really fixated on his reputation for not lying) and I'd imagine he'd have the muscle to bring the hurt to whoever was stealing his brand, so wondering why "Lucifer" was the one behind Ibac, if he was at all.

On a different note, are the old Nazi supervillains like the Kriegers an Captain Nazi still around in Earth 10? Presumably there was nobody to kill them there but didn't see them on the roster of the Reichsmen.

Cuchulin, Relyt33 and Darko like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The First could technically be called Satan.
    Captain Nazi may not exist because they didn't use so much as they had advanced tech.
    Wolf Krieger may exist.

30. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

His name is Nommo Balewa.

It's Sivana. It should be expected.

Ardy and Mr Zoat like this.