1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

For the She-lulz (She-ra 2018/gamer/oc)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by mkasana, May 20, 2019.

1. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

It's from the setting he got his race from. Well, half of it. He chickened out and didn't want to deal with the consequences of being fully alien even though the Horde has loads of very inhuman members and wouldn't really care much.

You know, aside from the fact that, as a child, he wouldn't have hands and so he couldn't have his WACKY KID ADVENTURES that he seems to be overly fond of.

2. mkasana

mkasana About as omniscient as everyone else

You seem to be overly hostile towards my fic.
    While I can understand that there are things you don't like about it and that I admittedly in hindsight didn't think through as much as I should. I wanted them to be something like Hordaks' pet project where he would take the best out of the kids and send them to dangerous mission and turn those survivors into his elite soldiers down the line. It just so happened that Adora and her squad-mates were the first ones and serve as a trial for this little project . In my eyes Hordak sees everyone in the Horde as simple tools. If they were killed then they simply outlived their usefulness. I think that he would use nuclear weapons liberally if he had them. What's a few irradiated cities when you can have the entire planet.
    The reason he didn't just kill Adora as a baby is because she's another soldier to be added into the Horde. It'be a waste.

Hordak as I've come to understand him is cold and calculating, mostly pragmatic with few emotional outbursts due to his genetic defects making him more of an individual from Horde Prime. He wants results no matter how backhanded and evil they might be.

Now what I don't understand is why you seem to absolutely despise the fact that he's a hybrid. The consequences of being a full on Novakid would be Markus stuck in a heat resistant cell where Hordak would do experiments and try to figure out how the ever loving fuck does a star gains sentience and shapes itself into a humanoid form. He would have to escape and hide or run into the Shimmering forest where he would have to survive or accidentally find way to Bright moon, where he would be treated as a decent living being what with them being the goody two shoes. He would be extremely scarred emotionally and turn into an angsty edge-lord which I feel would be boring to write.

I don't know if I'm reading your comment with more aggression than intended but it's really triggering my Humanity first syndrome you filthy xeno-lover (I'm joking of course). Seriously you make it sound like him being partially human is a bad thing.

I also don't know what you mean by not having any hands.

The Hangman's laugh likes this.
  3. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Xenophile

Because it's stupid evil? There's countless reasons why child soldiers don't work and considering Hordak's military mentality works best with a clone army that presumably takes time for each clone to be produced it's very probable that he's training them exactly how he was trained. He's giving then nutrient bars exactly as he was. And he's treating them as expendable exactly as he was. But why would you send out a soldier who's a tenth as capable of a normal one to gamble on getting a slightly better soldier in the long run at the cost of probably half a dozen soldiers for each one? Even by malevolent standards the only purpose child soldiers serve is to damage enemy morale and to serve as suicide bombers. Hordak is a lot of things, but creative or innovative? No, not in the slightest. He's determined, but he's a battering ram and works best when using raw brute force. He's not going to suggest sending out soldiers that haven't even gotten through basic training yet and might die due to a lack of knowledge through no fault of their own. He's not going to give them inherent flaws like he was.

And his genetics has nothing to do with his personality, they give him mental and emotional hang ups but they're causing him to genetically degrade, not make him saner. His individuality came from decades on an alien planet, alone, and with daddy issues.

Because the interesting aspects of Novakids you're not even portraying? You know, their hyper intelligent ADHD to the point where their tech level as a species swings wildly from primitive to star faring over the course of a few generations because they never teach anything to their kids and everything they know is self taught. Instead you just made a glorified fire bender.

Oh and you put no effort in learning their original lore.

So, you know the brand on their face? Yeah, that's the most important part of them. It produces a magnetic field that contains their body and metabolizes fuel.

Here.
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/meet-the-novakid.16712/

4. mkasana

mkasana About as omniscient as everyone else

And what the hell would you have me do about it? Rewrite the entire story? I don't wanna do that. If it's in this mess then I have to dig it out of it. I was thinking of changing the characters stats by dividing them by 10 so 250 is 25 which would be reasonable when compared to other characters.

I played Starbound for a while, not that long but not just for an hour either. I'm not a lore buff like you. I didn't know that Novakid were made by a guy from the community as a reward for a goal. I decided to make him a Novakid not because of some super important reason or because I had an entire story planned ahead of time with beginning middle and end. I did it because why not?

That may have pissed you off. Sorry about that but I'm the kind of person that takes dumb, stupid and at times really bad ideas and tries to roll when it comes to writing stories with them. Heck i have some dumb ideas in my head right now, like Wakfu/ Dark souls story or a Warframe SI. Heck I thought about making a Black clover/She-ra story.

To me fanfiction that I write is more of a stress relieve than anything. Sure I get mad about things when people point out that they don't make sense, because at the time I didn't really think about them and after few days I just stop caring about it all together or fix it or even change it entirely if I think it would be more fun for me.

I'm writing this one because I find it fun and am more concerned with it's internal continuity rather than facts from the lore of their respective settings. I see Hordak as smart and manipulative, loosing temper when things don't go as planned for too long. So I write him like that, though all we even heard from him was through Shadow weaver and cadets perspective. So, what Hordak himself thinks about during all this they don't know.

I find Novakid cool so I want them with their setting integrated with that of She-ra. I change things like making him a hybrid, along with other things, because it's just a fun idea in my head.

Now as they are captured as children in Bright moon I have to think of a way to get them out of there. I did mention the three ways I think I'd go down with.

In the end this story is my stress relieve fanfiction that I write to keep my mind of off things in real life and thus it doesn't have as much overarching story as another more skilled writer who's dedicated to it would make for fun. Yes they are 8 and yes that is wrong because I was stupid and didn't think it through and now I have to deal with what I wrote and dig them out. If you don't like the story then don't ready anymore or come back to it later when you think it might'ave changed to something better after the release of several chapters.

Sorry you don't like it the way it is now. I'll try to make it better if that's even possible. As long as it's fun I'll do it.

5. Akuma-Heika

Akuma-Heika The Devil Exists Within

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but extremist groups use child soldiers, and they haven't collapsed due to said children failing at being soldiers...it is fucking depressing though.

OrigamiPhoenix likes this.
  6. Grimmouse197

Grimmouse197 Experienced.

I agree have fun while writing because its better that way.......remember unless its a commission write for yourself first

mkasana likes this.
  7. Delta/Soul

Delta/Soul I trust you know where the happy button is?

• Rule 7 - No Thread Necromancy
    So will this be continuing soon, or is it dead in the water?