1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "The" to "They".

2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

3. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

acknowledged

4. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Heck, on Earth-16, he apparently laid low during the war, working on the Children of Dawn - He'd have to have started at least ten years beforehand...

Over-Understatement! Must be one of those oddball powers Kryptonians exhibit for one issue of a comic and never get mentioned again.:D

Grabbing the Idiot Ball with both hands and his teeth, it seems.

Probably a good thing for Earth 10's non-nationalist population. An entire country hopped up on a formula that gives superhuman physiology? Genuinely scary.

Yes, do elaborate, even though many of us already know the answer.

Not a pleasant day of Righteous Face-punching. Not at all.

Not a word, Angelika....

Huh. Nazi-girl's honestly got a good point. Why DID Hugo Danner pick some out-of-the-way tribe to be empowered? Ease of convincing them he was a god, perhaps?

Ah, one of the few mundane weaknesses of Danner Enhanciles. Heavy firepower notwithstanding.

Ah, OL, cheating from the original notes.

Arnold, you dog! Got himself a bit of yellow fever, eh?:p

Skip the niceties, down to business!

Still calling it: A leftover from the Children of Dawn, who survived the sicknesses that killed his or her fellows, if not a driect by-blow of Hugo himself.

Ah, finally looking at the possibility of an inheritable trait.

Still likely inherited, given the tribesfolk surely wouldn't know how to make the formula, or apply it safely. Unless they treated it like some sort of magic...

Heh. And I doubt In-vitro or other fertility aids haven't been researched there. The whole 'fitness to breed' thing again.

Especially if he resembles his father at all.

Not invested in it at all, eh, OL?

No better time.

Well, then. One line of inquiry followed up on. Wonder how the others got on with theirs? Hopefully Dawn Warrior will be joining them for the search...
    (Bloody Aussie weather. Would have had this up sooner but a storm knocked me offline for ten minutes...)

5. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

As yourself pointed out in your Captain Planet segment, it’s a non-binding UN resolution banning human cloning, what does North Rhelasia give a shit if he sets up a super-soldier factory there, save that they have first dibs

6. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

7. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Why is Doctor Munro so distressed again?

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Wasn't he part of the All-Star Squadron that dealt with the Children of Dawn uprising? So he saw first-hand the fate of people who were identical to himself in power.

9. Navi-Hank

Navi-Hank An engine fuled by spite

Violet

10. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

11. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Cloning humans is only illegal in most countries, not all.

And even if it is in all countries in DC 16, that's what buying politicians is for.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Lexcorp is a multinational corporation.

He would just have to do the cloning in a country where human cloning was legal, of which there are a number.

Dammit, ninjed.

13. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

A native tribe(s) of super powered peoples deep in Amazon that only now have had contact with outside world due to extreme logging is certainly a cool plotline.

I hope this works out and if it does Brazil and other governments will have to be very careful about logging Amazon from now on if local population takes exception to destroying their native lands.

zerofarad and Cuchulin like this.
  14. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

While that's true, it's also a problem in more civilised locales.

There'll be terrible PR, and a lot of people in the US who won't like it, either for moral reasons, or because it empowers a non-US country.

It's not impossible that he'd make enemies of the US Military in the process. And, the Justice League doesn't really care where it is. They can go pretty much anywhere on the planet, when they feel it's needed.

And, last? He has the most control in the US. Lexcorp is a US corp more than anything else. Connections? Picking the must understood candidates? Gov support in the ways he wants, and not so much in the ways he doesn't? Even the tech and staff is easier in the US. A thousand Supers in North Rhelasia is going to go too shit.

He's doing it slower than if he went the other ways, but, what happened when he went the other way? It doesn't matter how quick you are, it it never works anyway.

Besides, he's busy building a Space Navy. If he gets bored of that, perhaps he'll reconsider.

Cuchulin and david like this.
  15. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

That's only in the renegade timeline where he is no longer a supervillain.

Ardy, Darko, Simonbob and 2 others like this.
  16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I haven't gotten the impression that Iron Monroe had a superhero career in this story.

I remember thinking that was a shame. In the comics, young Clark Kent read and was inspired by the Iron Monroe comic book. Batman preferred
    Crimson Avenger instead. :)

I thought that was a nice nod to Gladiator's part in inspiring Superman.

He had decided to turn his back on civilization. "What has civilization ever done for me?" was his attitude.

However much being worshiped as a god had to do with it, he had enough shame to keep that to himself.

17. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

So no multi-continent Greater Germanic Reich it seems. I guess Zoat is ignoring that the Nazis decided to rename America to Germanica.

Makes Earth 10 a lot more mundane, but it also makes it more realistic.

Wonder if this means Mittelafrika never happened, either?

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat you gave us an explanation of how the Bat family will feel about paragon OL in the future, most liking him except Batman, can you give us one about how the Bat family will feel about the renegade in the future?

Will Power show up in the paragon story, or in a April Fools episode?

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  19. Mr Zoat

Half of that is true.
    It was a stupid idea so I decided to ignore it.
    No, Greater Germainia expanded their territory in Africa at the expense of the other European nations. Not hugely because they didn't have the people to settle Eastern Europe and Africa at the same time.
    Basically the same as he does now: mild concern.
    Will who show up?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Sorry will Power Girl show up in the paragon timeline, or in an April Fools like episode?

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Mr Zoat

Yes, in canon series 2.

22. Stsword

Okay, Power Girl, that makes sense.

DC does have a Will Power, Johnny Thunder's illegitimate son.

But I didn't think enough people had read Primal Force for him to get requests. :)

23. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

So does this mean Kara will eventually become power girl, or we will get another Kryptonian woman to play the role?

I am not familiar with the comics alternative origins of Power Girl so anyone be free to clarify.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  24. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Dragon of Story and Song

Curious that they have gone this far down the Danner formula rabbit hole without any actual evidence that it is, in fact, a Danner Enhanced person who is doing this.

25. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

I saw this line, Zoat, and this instantly popped into my head:

26. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

This is one of those points in a long-running story where it would be really useful to have a short summary of all the "Danner Formula" stuff to remind readers of what is going on. I mean, it's all been in the story previously, but a lot of it was literal real-time years-ago with many, many chapters/arcs in between. I can't completely recall myself what the deal is with Iron Monroe, how the Danner formula was created, what their current status is, or any of that.

And then thing is, there's plenty of excuse to just have OL "explain the situation" to Overgirl (but really to remind the readers). Like, "I don't know exactly how it went down in your universe but here the Danner formula was invented by blah-blah-blah, they did this-and-that, the superheroes intervened here, the formula languished there, and here's where we are today". Could be done in a paragraph or two, probably.

Ngamer11, Ardy, Chaoswind and 2 others like this.
  27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Maybe being out of the way, with a population not likely to interbreed outside of the area, was a safety precaution in case things went wrong, and/or a way to keep the endowed powers from getting into the hands of his enemies. People from a "civilized" area would have their own ideas about politics, after all.

Nah, she's just tsundere. :V

28. Mr Zoat

Yes, one of those.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Basically, because that's where he was when he decided to do it.

29. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

My guess is: the MLP elements of friendship are essentially their universe’s version of the lantern rings. Except while the lanterns formed from various creatures feeling emotions, the elements of friendship formed from beings that achieved great feats in their respective elements. If an Alicorn is basically a god, an element is basically a small piece of a super-Alicorn (might be of a different species). They are all bound together by the feat of the sixth Alicorn - the one of magic, who succeeded in creating a ritual to combine the powers into one. Before that, all was Discord and friendship did not exist. Notice how none of the individual elements have an defense against Discord, but only work through combining into friendship - his one weakness.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  30. Stsword

Her being an alternate universe Supergirl is the go to.

Galatea the clone from the cartoon seemed to be made in homage to Power Girl.

She was Arion's granddaughter, her powers coming from magical enhancement, for a while.

A storyline had Psycho Pirate make up (?) alternate origins though- Ultraman's cousin who replicated his powers to escape her parents Alan Scott and Sandra Knight, Cassie Sandmark and Conner's daughter from the future, daughter of Captain Marvel and Luma Lynai, she's Ursa who escaped from the Phantom Zone, she's the mother of Nightwing and Firebird from the shrunken city of Kandor, and that she's the daxamite Andromeda from the 30th century.

I put a question mark there because Psycho Pirate survived Crisis, and is well aware of multiversal shenanigans, so he might have made that stuff up whole cloth, or those might be things that are true somewhere in the DC multiverse.

Vorian, Ngamer11, zerofarad and 3 others like this.