1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh hello there oh Dungeon mine a Destiny/Dungeon Core quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Its_a_cauldron_plot!, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Threadmarks: Chapter 1: New beginnings
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Its_a_cauldron_plot! ( Or is it Simurgh?)

You woke up with a jolt. Well, as much as of a jolt a orb can. Wait, you were an orb? That doesn't feel right. You could have sworn, that, you were something else once. Something wonderful...

Oh well, that can be dealt with later. It was time to look around. Mmhhmm. Yep. Lots of nothing. There was some dirt, quite a bit of smooth rock. All in all, quite boring. You try looking outside to find you are on

[] Venus, a yellowish planet, full of plants and war like machines and scrambling life forms. You can feel a terrible intelligence passing its gaze over you, clearly interested in something else.

[] Earth, full of life and old broken things. You feel the Dark struggling with a giant orb of Light hanging above some sort of city, full of much smaller Lights.

[] Moon, a broken dusty place that has the Darkness broiling underneath It's skin. You can feel a great hunger surrounding something deep in the center of the Moon, but you don't look too carefully. Who knows if it might see you too.

[] Mars, a place of red dust and war. War machines clash with what look to be Roman space turtles. Heavy weaponry shakes the ground. They all seem so tired...

[] The asteroid belt, this is a place of forgotten things and a balance between Light and Dark. There seems to be life who have both, but something seems, wrong.

Oh wait, there was a shiny thing. It looked like a star kind of. Wait, what's a star? Oh well, for later as well! You concentrated really hard on the star and it seemed to explode into a rectangle in front of you.

" Hello!" Oh, hello! " I am your menu, and I am here to help you with surviving your new world you've found yourself in. Now, due to an error from your arrival, you cannot access light based minions or accept light based Contracts." It seemed to shrink for a moment, almost as in apology. " To make up for this, the system has allowed you access to Darkness based minions and those without."

It expanded again. " Now, to get started. What you deal with is buying Rooms, Traps, Upgrades, and Minions."

" Rooms are well, rooms!" It gave a little spin when it said that. Wait, was it speaking or were you imagining the voice? "You can put stuff like Minions and Traps in them. There are some special rooms, like a boss room, and you can also add affects like a Darkness Zone, but we will talk about those later."

" Traps are obstacles you can put in rooms, like on the floor, or wall, or even the ceiling, and they will hinder and invaders progress into your dungeon! They go off when a person comes through and will set themselves back when they leave. " It showed a massive spike that was- oh my heavens was that on fire!

The cheery voice of death kept going. " Upgrades! Every one loves upgrades! Well, unless it's you, then your enemies will hate yours. Use these to make things better, like better traps." The spike now was a chain saw. Oh, and still on fire. Lovely. " You can also buy these to make your minions better and add special surprises~" it almost sounded sultry. Does that mean it's happy? Wait, what do either of those mean?

" Now I bet your thinking, ' But Menu, what are these minion things you keep bringing up?' Well I'm glad you asked Core of mine! Minions are creatures you buy to help defend yourself. Minions are permanent and will respawn after death, but for some there's a limit on how many you can have per floor. It all depends on how strong they are!"

It changed into a hand and pointed at you. " Now, there are a couple more housekeeping rules before I let you off the leash. This, this is you. You'll probably wanna keep that safe, cause if this little orb goes, so do you."

It twirled, turning back into a rectangle. " Now, anyone who comes in has to have a route to your core. You can traps and all sorts of stuff, but they got to be able to get to it without any special effort in making a entry way.

Mana is what you get from time. And, well, I'll leave the other one a surprise for now. Hehehe~"

She turned back into a rectangle. " SO, here are your starting options!"

[]Cabal: The might of the empire is behind you! Crush any who dare invade your realm with Iron and heavy weaponry. Start with 5 legionaries and have your first room be decorated in proper Cabal fashion. [ No negative affects, all cosmetic] When defeated they drop 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more legionaries for 5 Mana each.

[]Vex: The Machines of war have decided keeping you alive is in their best interest. Keep your enemies at bay with the time machinations of the Vex. Start with 5 Harpies and have your starting room decorated in Vex machinery and crystals. [ All cosmetic] drop 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more harpies for 5 Mana each.

[]Fallen: Pirates and scavengers, maybe you can help them remember their forgotten glory. Start with 5 Dregs and have your starting room decorated in the ways of the Fallen. [ All cosmetic] Drops 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more Dregs for 5 Mana each.

[]Hive: The Sword Logic has found a home here. Face your invaders with terrifying magic and old abominations from beyond the stars. Start with five thrall and have your starting room be decorated with Hive crystals and the darkness. [ all cosmetic ] drops 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more Thralls for 5 Mana each.

" You choose one for now, but later one, when you got another level you can choose another one if you want, or keep going with what you got. All up to you really. So, you ready to go Core?"

She pauses. " Actually, you know what, nope. You need a name. What you wanna be called?"

[] Name: Write it in
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! This is my first quest, so give me feedback and ask as may questions as you need. I'm always wanting to get better, and criticism is a good way for that.

Marz, Ser palps, Merior and 2 others like this.
  2. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Well, probably want to reserve a couple more posts after the Opening post, for Dungeon sheet, Monster list, Trap list, Resource pool, Tech trees, achievements, etc.

Also, Destiny, I have little to no knowledge about it, except the fact that Nathan Fillion voiced the android guy.

These choices might be interesting to Destiny players or lore miners, some might even min-max between choices or metagame, but to me, I am just rolling the dice between them.

Also, names, name of a dungeon should be able to change, or should be set because of the theme of the dungeon itself, cause dungeons can change, or are you talking about the core's name?

[X] Earth, full of life and old broken things. You feel the Dark struggling with a giant orb of Light hanging above some sort of city, full of much smaller Lights.

[X]Hive: The Sword Logic has found a home here. Face your invaders with terrifying magic and old abominations from beyond the stars. Start with five thrall and have your starting room be decorated with Hive crystals and the darkness. [ all cosmetic ] drops 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more Thralls for 5 Mana each.

[X]Orb Baine

3. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

hello, and thanks for the feed back! Its just the cores name that's being changed. Menu thinks her dungeon core deserves a proper name.
    And I plan to post those as well, the monster and upgrade tree and resource thing so people can make better informed decisions.

4. Grosstoad

Quest Masters (QMs) typically reserves the next few posts after the OP, by posting "This post is reserved" a couple of times, and then editing them later for stuff later, so that readers/audience/voters can simply go back to the first page to check.

But then that was before threadmarks were implemented. Nowadays, you can also put such posts into Information threadmarks for ease of searching. But I still feel it is more accessible if left in the front page.

You can also request posters to delete or re-post their posts after your set of reserved posts, in case of those like me who posted before you make your reservations.

Anyway, QQ's non NSFW sections are kind of bare and lacking of audience, so unless you have some manner of uncomfortable non-NSFW stuff that tends to be banned in other sites, you could potentially get more voters in SB or SV.

5. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Alright. I have this set up in space battles already and I'm thinking of put it in Sufficient V. I don't suppose you have a Space battles account do you? Lol.

6. Grosstoad

Oh, I see. I have account on all three sites with the same name, but I haven't been trawling the Quest subforums aside from already subscribed Quests.

Are you polling votes from all three sites for a chimera dungeon, or are you doing three separate dungeons, one for each site?

7. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Different one for each site, depends on how much activity really. If I don't get much on here or SV I may just stick to SB.

Though I'll admit, a chimera dungeon sounds kinda cool. Maybe if the Vex had been the first one, lol. Different time on each site.

8. Threadmarks: Chapter 2: Darkness darkness darkness
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

[X] Earth, full of life and old broken things. You feel the Dark struggling with a giant orb of Light hanging above some sort of city, full of much smaller Lights.

[X]Hive: The Sword Logic has found a home here. Face your invaders with terrifying magic and old abominations from beyond the stars. Start with five thrall and have your starting room be decorated with Hive crystals and the darkness. [ all cosmetic ] drops 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more Thralls for 5 Mana each.

[X]Orb Baine

You know that from when you looked outside you were on Earth. How you know this seems to not be there. Its like a blackmarked piece of your memory. Its, its almost there, but not quite. You shake your mental head. There will be time to think about that later. Menu is expecting an answer after all.

" Call me, Vaine. That sounds, right. Anyway, I like the sound of those Hive."

Menu grinned, actually forming a smiley face on her rectangle. " Excellent! Give me just one second, and then I'll get it done."

The moment she said that the whole dungeon glowed a dark color, the rock becoming rough and craggy, not sharp enough to cut feet but enough to be uncomfortable to walk on. Green crystals grew, emitting a pale glow across. It was just generally eerie. Underneath your orb grew a rough looking rock, covered in glowing green symbols. Some of them arranged themselves in a fashion that said " VAINE"

" Great, got the place set up. Now for your Minions." Five dark orbs appeared in the middle of the room and slowly grew in size, growing to where they could look at your orb and then became solid.

" Oh, my." They looked like pale corpses. Sure they had a darkish section where their eyes should be, but the rest of them was bone white, like some sort of ghoul. They had shredding teeth and rending claws, each giving a sniff of your orb then backing away, walking around the room, exploring every crook and hole. When they were done with that, they settled down in hidden places and crouched, seeming to huddle.

" So, this is kinda boring. Do, we just wait for something?

" Well, I figured I would wait, but since your so eager. There is some Fallen sniffing around. I don't think their looking for us, but we should take a look, just to be sure."

" Fallen. Those were the space pirates you mentioned, right? Why didn't you tell me earlier they were around?"

" Yep! The ones with two arms are Dregs, the ones with four arms are Vandals. And well I'm sure their just going to pass us by."

[] Ignore the Fallen. I'm sure they will leave.
    [] Kill them. You can't have them discovering you.
    [] Have your thralls follow them for now, but nothing else. See what they do.

" Anyway, you have a lot of options you can do now."
    Mana: 30/30
    ROOMS
    []Normal: A normal empty room, it will have the same decoration as the rest of the floor. Can place traps and affects. costs 5 Mana
    []Boss room: Place a Minion or buy a boss for 10 Mana. Can have one per floor. Boss rooms can have conditions based on race of boss and what type of minion they are. Costs 20 Mana.
    []Floor: You can buy another floor! It will be deeper and you can buy more and better things, as well as have more higher level minions. Costs 90 Mana
    * For a small cost of 1 mana, you can move your core into a different room. Takes three seconds.
    TROOPS
    [] Acolyte: A step higher than a thrall, these minions are the backbone of the hive. Come equipped with a hive shredder which launches void energy at invaders. Costs 5 mana each. costs 10 to unlock.
    []Cursed Thrall: these are cursed for death, easily identified by their blue glowing head. They rush towards the enemy and explode.
    []Knights: Huge monsters wielding swords more akin to butchers blades, these are the commanders of the terrible hive, and a path for the more physical of the Hive. Oh, and they can summon shadow like shields in front of themselves, taking a moment to regain health. Costs 15 mana each. 20 Mana to unlock.
    * All dead minions respawn, though some take longer than others.
    TRAPS
    []Hole: This is a simple hole in the ground, people fall in and have a hard time getting out.
    UPGRADES
    [] Hole: Add spikes in the bottom, so the only ones who survive have good armor or avoid the spikes. Costs 10 Mana.
    []Thrall: Makes them stronger, faster, tougher. Costs 10 Mana
    [] Cursed Thrall: Explosion is bigger and takes less time to activate. 10 Mana.
    [] Acolyte: Makes them stronger, tougher, faster. 10 Mana
    [] Knight: Stronger, faster, tougher.

Merior and cheesyme like this.
  9. Index: Informational
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Destiny Dungeon
    mana: 60/60 Level 2: 45/ 100 XP
    STARTING ROOMS
    []Cabal: The might of the empire is behind you! Crush any who dare invade your realm with Iron and heavy weaponry. Start with 5 legionaries and have your first room be decorated in proper Cabal fashion. [ No negative affects, all cosmetic] When defeated they drop 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more legionaries for 5 Mana each.

[]Vex: The Machines of war have decided keeping you alive is in their best interest. Keep your enemies at bay with the time machinations of the Vex. Start with 5 Harpies and have your starting room decorated in Vex machinery and crystals. [ All cosmetic] drop 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more harpies for 5 Mana each.

[]Fallen: This band of scavengers has taken notice of you, and has decided you are worthy of following. Start with 5 Dregs and have your starting room decorated in the ways of the Fallen. [ All cosmetic] Drops 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more Dregs for 5 Mana each.

[]Hive: The followers of the sword logic have found a home here. teach them how to become stronger. Start with five thrall and have your starting room be decorated with Hive crystals and the darkness. [ all cosmetic ] drops 50 Glimmer. 20% for green engram. Can buy more Thralls for 5 Mana each.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    []Normal: A normal empty room, it will have the same decoration as the rest of the floor. Can place traps and affects. costs 5 Mana

[]Boss room: Place a Minion or buy a boss for 10 Mana. Can have one per floor. Boss rooms can have conditions based on race of boss and what type of minion they are. Costs 20 Mana.

[]Floor: You can buy another floor! It will be deeper and you can buy more and better things, as well as have more higher level minions. Costs 90 Mana

[]Cover: Set up obstacles so your minions can take cover from fire. 5 Mana
    * For a small cost of 1 mana, you can move your core into a different room. Takes three seconds.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MINIONS: Cabal
    []Cabal War Beast: Kept hungry and angry at the world, this beast will lunge forward toward enemies, trying to rip them apart with teeth and claws. 5 Mana each. Costs 20 mana to unlock.

[]Phalanx: A Legionary armed with a thick shield, this minion is meant to take the hits your others couldn't. Costs 10 mana each. costs 20 mana to unlock

[]Psion: Small operatives who have psi abilities, they throw their minds around like hammers. Good for sneaking.

* All dead Minions will respawn, though some will take longer than others.
    TRAPS

[]Spike- a small spike comes out of the surface and pokes the invader. Does small to medium damage based on where it is positioned. costs 5 Mana.
    UPGRADES

[]Respawn rate increase: Your dead troops will respawn faster. costs 10 Mana

[] Traps: Your traps will be able to do more damage

[]Engram loot: Have a higher chance of dropping a green engram, and a 5% chance of dropping a blue engram. draws in more invaders.

[] Glimmer loot: Drop 70 glimmer instead of 50. Draws in more invaders.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MINIONS: Hive
    [] Acolyte: A step higher than a thrall, these minions are the backbone of the hive. Come equipped with a hive shredder which launches void energy at invaders. Costs 5 mana each.

[]Cursed Thrall: these are cursed for death, easily identified by their blue glowing head. They rush towards the enemy and explode. 5 mana each. 5 to unlock

[]Knights: Huge monsters wielding swords more akin to butchers blades, these are the commanders of the terrible hive, and a path for the more physical of the Hive. Oh, and they can summon shadow like shields in front of themselves, taking a moment to regain health. Costs 15 mana each.

[] Wizards: Masters of the arcane, these Hive are for those who choose not to become knights but instead focus on magic. Mainly, seeing just how well they can turn the darkness into killing blasts. 30 Mana each. 30 Mana to unlock.

[] Ogres: Thrall experimented on by Wizards, they are a hulking mass of muscle and anger, able to shoot void beams from their head. 50 Mana each. 50 Mana to unlock.

* All dead minions respawn, though some take longer than others.
    TRAPS

[]Hole: This is a simple hole in the ground, people fall in and have a hard time getting out.
    UPGRADES

[] Hole: Add spikes in the bottom, so the only ones who survive have good armor or avoid the spikes. Costs 10 Mana.

[]Thrall Level 2: Makes them stronger, faster, tougher. Costs 15 Mana

[] Cursed Thrall: Explosion is bigger and takes less time to activate. 10 Mana.

[] Acolyte Level 3: Makes them stronger, tougher, faster. 20 Mana. Max for now

[] Knight Level 2: Makes them stronger, faster, tougher. 15 Mana
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FALLEN
    MINIONS

[] Vandals: The marksmen and thugs of the Fallen, they have four arms where dregs have two of theirs docked. They keep the others in line and serve as muscle for the crew. 10 Mana each. 10 Mana to unlock

[] Captain: These stand above even the Vandals. Armed with shock Blades or Shrapnel Launcher, these are foes not to be taken lightly. Also armed with a shield, a teleported, and usually surrounded by their crew, these are a force to be reckoned with. 15 Mana each. 20 Mana to unlock.

[] Shanks: Drones of the Fallen, they are meant to give battle field assistance and go in small places that the fallen can't. 5 Mana each. 10 Mana to unlock.

[] Servitor: Huge unsleeping eyes, these machines usually provide sustenance for Fallen crews. In here though, they have no need to do that. Instead, their second objective becomes their first. Mainly, spam the enemy with artillery. 20 Each, 20 to unlock

*Dead minions respawn, though some will take longer than others.
    TRAPS

[] Web mine: A mine hat when stumbled upon shoots into the air and lets out a web of arc currents, slowing down invaders trapped in its grip. Costs 5 Mana each. 5 Mana to unlock.

UPGRADES
    [] Dregs: Stronger, faster, tougher. 10 Mana

[]Vandals: Tougher, faster, stronger. 10 Mana.

[] Captain: tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[] Shanks: Tougher, faster, stronger. 10 Mana

[] Servitor: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[] Web Mine: lasts for longer, activates sooner 10 Mana
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VEX
    MINIONS

[]Goblins: Above Harpies, they are the foot soldier of the Vex collective. 5 Mana each. 10 Mana to unlock

[] Fanatic: Goblins driven to explode rad fluid all over invaders. 10 Mana each. 10 Mana to unlock.

[]Hobgoblins: They are the snipers, when damaged they crouch and activate a healing field, damaging nearby invaders. 10 Mana each. 10 Mana to unlock.

[]Minitours: The builders of the Vex collective, they have shields and Torch Hammers which launch forward large blobs of void. 15 Mana each. 20 Mana to unlock.

[]Hydras: Floating fortresses, these Vex are huge and have hovering shields that block attack, even though they have small cracks where a clever enemy could shoot between. 30 Mana each. 30 Mana to unlock.

[] Cyclops: A artillery platform, these are meant to fire huge amounts of energy at a invader. Cannot move, usually defensive and placed at important sites. 50 Mana each. 50 Mana to unlock. One per floor.

TRAPS
    []Data Mine: A blue cube that when walked next to glows then turns red and then explodes. costs 5 Mana. To unlock costs 5 Mana.

UPGRADES

[]Harpies: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[] Goblins: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[]Fanatic: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[] Minitour: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[]Hydra: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[]Cyclops: Tougher, stronger, faster. 10 Mana

[] Data Mine: Activates sooner. 10 Mana

Forces: 2 Knights, 10 Acolytes, 6 Thralls.
    Defenses: Hole

Unlock computer decoration.

4/10 guns ( Human)

Weapons 7/10 (Fallen)

Ether ration packs 3/10 ( Fallen )

Working computers: You can connect your conscience to any computer you make. Works off a mixture of actual technology and a little bit of dungeon magic. Allows you to see area in a small bubble.

Spin metal acquired. Can now drop Spin Metal as Dungeon loot. Can now plant Spin Metal for harvesting.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    gale likes this.
  10. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

I will be restarting this now.

gale likes this.
  11. slagar

slagar Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Have your thralls follow them for now, but nothing else. See what they do.
    [X] Acolyte:costs 10 to unlock buy 4

12. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Alright here we go.

slagar likes this.
  13. gale

gale Experienced.

[X] Acolyte:costs 10 to unlock buy 4​

14. Threadmarks: Chapter 3: Fallen camp
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

[X] Acolyte: costs 10 to unlock buy 4

You hum for a moment, as much as an orb can hum, and make a decision. " I think I should have the Thralls follow them. Keep myself safe, you know?" And with that you had the Thralls move out, staying behind cover as best they could.

While they followed the Fallen, you looked around your room. It was alright. Kind of dark, green crystals everywhere. " Ok, this is boring. Menu, what else can I do?"

" Well, you can buy things my lord Baine. Such as traps, more rooms, minions."

" Minions. Tell me more about the Minions." After a quick run down of the various Minions within the Hive type, you think. " Alright lets see. I don't want a whole bunch of weak guys,and I want something a bit more ranged." You decided on what you wanted and with a click and a mental pulse, four orbs of darkness appeared in your room.

Four figures, pale and with glowing green eyes, kneeled before you, guns in out stretched hands. " Master~" They hissed, soon standing up. They awaited your command.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Thralls were very excited. Master had given them life. Master had given them orders. They followed the small group to what seemed like a camp, with several more 2 arms and a few 4 arms. A big four arm walked up tp them and grunted something, red cape flowing behind him, outlining his form. And of course, his big gun.

" Did you find it?"

" N- no boss, we didn't. But we-"

" Half rations."

They slump over and nod.

" Good. Now," he made a gesture, " Go inside. I want your report by tonight or give your rations to someone else." As they walked by he made a noise. " Pathetic."

Mmm, master will want to know this. Master needs to know.

And with that, they left.

[] What next?

Merior likes this.
  15. slagar

[X] plan scout and salvage
    -find out what is around us and take anything that looks good

16. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

At 9:00 I close voting.

Edit: [X] plan scout and salvage

Here is the plan

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  17. Threadmarks: Chapter 4: Exploration
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

X] plan scout and salvage

While your Thralls were out you decided to have the Acolytes go out, explore the area around you.

Dice roll: 59

As they were roaming about outside, they find what seems to be an old tech store. They move around it, tapping on walls and floors. They were about to leave when they heard something on the ceiling. They tapped it again. When the hollow sound came again they ripped it open enough to crawl through and found a veritable wealth of what seemed like broken computers and computer parts. That, and several weapons, along with a skeleton in the middle of them.

" Those bug guys came by again. I'm sealing up the store, make sure no one can come in here and steal my stuff. Heard the rest of the group is going to try and find a safe place. Bah, this is the safest place there is in here."

They snorted and gave the skeleton a kick, then loaded up the computers and weapons. It took them awhile, but they managed to get it back to the dungeon. They even found a little wagon to carry it in.

They went back out again, little wagon in their claws.

Dice roll: 83

When they went back out, they ventured for some time, shooting down a Shank at one point and avoiding the rest. They explored, and explored, and soon found a large building, filled with boxes. Cracking one open, they found large amounts of slightly rusted metal. The boxes had a mark, words. " Property of Hawthorne." Eh, probably dead by this point. Grabbing the boxes and putting them in their wagon once again, they slowly and carefully takes them back home.

Soon the Thralls came back, chittering and telling you of what they saw of the fallen camp, having stuck around a little more. A small building with more of the little Shanks, one with a large amount of blue gas kind of thing, and another thing with a large amount of weapons, with rifles and pistols and grenades. There was another building, but it was locked it seemed, or at least only the big four arms was allowed inside.

Alright, you learned about the area a bit, and the Fallen camp.

[] What now?

(You gain 10 Mana back each day)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  18. slagar

[X] plan: get a new base
    -Buy 2 Acolytes
    --all MINIONS attack the FALLEN base and take it over

19. gale

gale Experienced.

-Buy 2 Acolytes

Its_a_cauldron_plot! likes this.
  20. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

-Buy 2 Acolytes

I will be writing now.

gale likes this.
  21. Threadmarks: Chapter 5: Raid on the Fallen
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

-Buy 2 Acolytes

You hum and buy two more Acolytes, having an idea. As they kneel in supplication in front of you, you have all your Minions stand up. " The Fallen, they cannot be allowed to stay here. Get rid of them."
    They growl and hiss, walking out the door as well they can.

As they slowly work their way up to the Fallen base, one of the Acolytes has an idea. The Thralls had mentioned something about a room with Shanks, the little flying things. They don't want to have to deal with those, and the two arms and small four arms all at the same time, so it would be wise to deal with that first.

Opening the door, it revealed several racks with Shanks in various states of health. Most were fine, but a few were missing small metal plates, and one even had small bite marks. Of course, it also showed a two arm working on of them. Several purple bolts to the chest quickly fixed that, and then the Thralls were set to work, screeching and destroying the Shanks.

When they were done and the Shanks were nothing but scrap metal and torn wiring, they moved next to the room with the blue gas. This one was easy, and harder. All they would have to do is shoot the container and it would break. But there were also several 2 arms, and a couple 4 arms. They let out shrieks of rage and fired at the Thralls, the four arms, no, Vandals, standing in the back. Purple and blue bolts fired at each other, one unlucky Acolyte catching on in the chest, and then another one in his eye, quickly turning to dust. Tw 2 arms, Dregs, they were called Dregs, found holes in their chest, and then another found himself swarmed by Thralls.

Taking the moment, one of the Acolytes slammed his fist against the glass. It didn't break. Again, and once more. Finally, growing tired, he shot it with his gun. Now that did the trick, blue gas leaking out of the container. It took a while, and losing a few more 2 arms, but they finally took notice and started screeching.

By his point, there was 1 Thrall and 3 Acolytes. The Fallen in the room were killed by a mixture of purple bolts, lucky shots on poorly placed sheets of metal, and a Thrall jumping up on ones face.

They slowly, carefully, walked out of the building, only to have a sight of several Vandals armed with rifles at them, Dregs armed with shock pistols and one with a shotgun looking weapon.

The big Four arm, the Captain, walked forward and growling, snarling under his mask. " You cost me a months worth of Ether. And you destroyed my Shanks."

The acolytes merely grinned and started shooting, managing to actually kill some of the Dregs. And then they were ripped to shreds by many, many bullets. The Thrall didn't even get a chance to reach anyone before they were killed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Later on, they popped back into the dungeon, smiling happily. " Well master, we didn't clear it out, but I think we did fairly well."
    Just then, a bar popped up in front of you.

[] What now?

( You have max Mana, and it's increased to 60. Changes will be recorded on the information page)

22. slagar

[X] plan:try again
    -unlock and buy 1 Knights =35
    --upgrade Acolyte and Thrall=20
    ---buy a A normal empty room=5
    ----try to take the base again

Its_a_cauldron_plot! you forgot to cost on some things again.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  23. gale

gale Experienced.

24. AldariSiradla

AldariSiradla Spirit Boy, Police Girl

This plan reminds me of Mother Russia...
    DROWN THEM IN BODIES MY DUNGEON CORE FRIEND!
    Mwahahahaha!

25. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Damn. Ok, I will fix it real quick. Be right back

26. Threadmarks: Chapter 6: Finish the Fallen
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

-unlock and buy 1 Knights =35
    --upgrade Acolyte and Thrall=20
    ---buy a A normal empty room=5
    ----try to take the base again

You hummed. While your minions had done well for what they had, you needed someone who could take out that Captain. While you certainly COULD just swarm him in bodies, you had a better idea. A bit more, cost effective idea.

You quickly unlocked and summoned a Knight, it ball of energy being bigger than the others. As it formed, it became a tall being with thick armor and a sword that looked like it was more for beheading people than in actual combat.

When it was finished, it grabbed its sword and thrusted into the air, letting out a roar. The Thralls and Acolytes quickly joined it, claws and weapons in the air. When they were done, they all kneeled down in front of the core, forms once again close to that of prayer.

You looked over your servants and decided that while a Knight was nice, maybe it would be better if your regular troops were a little bit tougher. You chose the upgrade option, making them gasp as they grew stronger, faster, their armor just that much thicker.

As they began chanting your praises, you also decide that only having one room feels a little too, small. You focus your remaining mana on the space towards your back. A it starts small, eradicating dirt with every moment until there is only a hollow space. A tiny hallway connects you and your new room.

" Go my minions, destroy the Fallen!" Hey, might as well be dramatic.

With a roar they stomp out of the mouth of your dungeon, rushing toward the camp.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    While they had rushed out in a frenzy the Hive troops were quick to make as little noise as possible when they actually got close to the base.

They watched for awhile, and the Acolytes preened over their actions last time they were here. It seemed with the lack of blue gas these Fallen had split into much smaller gangs. Many it seemed had left or were killed, and the remaining were split in two, with one Vandal and several Dregs standing behind him. Meanwhile, the Captain had only a couple of Vandals and few dregs.
    One of the Acolytes inched closer.

" -And to top it all off, this," the Vandal made a spitting noise, " weakling! Was the one who let those Hive Scum come in here and ruin our supplies! Our Shanks are beyond repair, cause we need them soon, and our Ether is gone!" He waved his lower arms. " Vanished into this miserable planets atmosphere! All because he can't keep a decent guard, we might starve!"

" And I do not recall you doing much to help." The captain said coldly, hands gripped tight around his sword hilts. " Tell me, where were you when the Hive came? Ah, yes, I remember." He leaned forward, scowling through the mask. " You were off playing cards with the others."

" Be quiet! I will not be-" A sword rang through the air and his head was dislocated from his shoulders. Blue bolts rang out and splashed against his shields, the opposition crying out in rage.

" Well," the Knight said in an amused tone, " that makes this much easier." With a grunt he hefted up his sword and sent the Thralls running forward, having three Acolytes go to the left and the other three to the right. He went to the left, where the Captain was. " For the Master!"

Several Dregs on either side lost their lives as the Hive opened fire, Thralls ripping into them. The Vandals faired little better, able to take one or even two Thralls but losing their life to the third one that would rip out their throat, or to a stray purple bolt.

Once they were done the remaining Hive turned their attention to the nearly alone Captain, with only a Vandal and a Dreg missing an arm standing by his side. The Captain quickly killed the Thralls and then ran back to the locked room, throwing it open. " Fine, I will deal with these monsters!" In his hands he held what looked like a Shrapnel cannon, and a bandolier of grenades around his chest.

'Oh, frack.' The Acolytes quickly gunned down the Vandal and the missing arm Dreg and moved around, encircling the Captain. He tossed a grenades, then moved to the right, tossing another one. One of the exploding balls
    took out an Acolyte, the other turning two to ash.

Bolts fired out at him, a few hitting him and making his shields flare, but not doing much else. The knight raised up a shield to block another grenades from blowing up in his face and then rushed out the moment it fell, slashing at the captain. It caught one of his higher arms and tore it straight off, making him cry out In pain.

" Ahh! Hive Scum!" He tried to reach for something but a purple bolt hit what was in his hand, making it explode. With one arm a stump and one of the lower ones a molten mess, it was easy for the Knight to finish the job and behead the Fallen Captain. He picked up his head and let out a roar, jabbing his sword and the head into the sky.

[] What now?

AldariSiradla likes this.
  27. slagar

[X] plan: foothold
    - put a computer in new base
    -- put 1 Knights and 5 Thrall to new man the base
    --buy 4 Acolyte buy 1 Knights upgrade Knight and Acolyte
    ---send 10 Acolyte and 1 Knights out to scout and salvage

can i see our army numbers please and im just guessing we have 60 Mana

28. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Correct, and I put forces at the bottom of the informational page.

29. gale

gale Experienced.

30. Threadmarks: Chapter 7: New base! And plants
    Its_a_cauldron_plot!

- put a computer in new base
    -- put 1 Knights and 5 Thrall to new man the base
    --buy 4 Acolyte buy 1 Knights upgrade Knight and Acolyte
    ---send 10 Acolyte and 1 Knights out to scout and salvage

You made a new computer, which seemed to not cost any actual Mana so that was handy, and had your Acolytes go and take it out to the Fallen base.

You could have technically just had them set you anywhere and it would have worked, but no. You were Blaine, Dungeon and master of these Hive. You deserved better. You had them find what was most likely the captains quarters and set you down there. The moment they put you on his desk, you could feel the camp. You couldn't place any rooms here, but you could certainly feel and see everything here, like if the camp was in a giant bubble.

' Oh yes, I am going to enjoy this.' But still being able to see it was all good and dandy but what if Fallen came back? You needed a force to guard it. But you also wanted a Knight to lead your forces. Come on Blaine, think.
    Wait, that could work. Hmm... alright, this is what you would do. First of all, you would leave some troops in the base. The Knight and your Thralls should be enough for now.

Then, buying more Acolytes and another Knight should also help. The balls of energy quickly morphed into their respective creature, who of course, started to bow in supplication. You called the other Acolytes back and they joined them, the Acolytes making two small arches of five behind the kneeling Knight.

Now, what to do next. Upgrading the Acolytes was probably a good idea. Oh, and the Knights. They shuddered and gasped as they could feel power flowing through them. After a brief stint of praises and other such lovely things being tossed your way you decide it's time for them to get of their bums and go loot for you.

Encounter roll: 20
    Loot roll: 50

As your little group of Hive walk through the abandoned city, 5 Acolytes in a group with your Knight in the lead of them both, they find what seems like a small Fallen hide out. Being careful while they head inside, it turns out to have nothing more than a odd couple Shanks and one Dreg that is easily killed.

As they look around, they find a small ham radio that looks human in origin, so they leave it. One Acolyte actually is spiteful enough to spit on it as the Hive leaves, covering it in mucus. They take the weapons off the Shanks, and pick up the Dregs shock pistol, but don't find much else.

They walk around for a little while longer and just as they are about to head back a shiny looking plant catches the attention of the Knight. He could easily leave, and tell his master this was all they had found today. But he knew his master would find even what they had lacking. He knew he certainly would. So, he took a claw and with a bit of effort took the silver plant. " Master Blaine will be pleased by this." He grumbled. Then with that, they all went back home.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Huh. Well, you at least brought me something interesting."

slagar likes this.