1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

All you need to know about MLP is just Keep Calm and Praise the Sun-Butt.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah Discord could have destroyed the heliocentric system and Celesia and Luna just started moving the sun and moon after that.

3. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

I may not know MLP well...but the Muffin Powered Destroyer is something even Gravyen may learn to Fear

4. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Please, it's Grayven. If he goes for a family name, it'll be Idle.

5. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

I had a silly thought that on the other side of Equestria is Westeros. The planet in Game of Thones hasn't been circumnavigated, and no one has gone past the Land of Always Winter at the north pole. Plus magical ponies fucking around with the weather and the sun and moon would explain why the seasons are all fucked in Game of Thrones.

6. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

If so, I hope he fixes Derpy's eyes.

In my personal headcannon, enough earth ponies doing a particular stompy dance could make quakes or shift mountains.

Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  7. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

To true! In the fic Friendship is Adventuring (A crossover with that one D&D setting where the gods are called Immortals) a Spell Jammer race reveals that in she has much higher bounty than Doctor Whooves and he is considered HER companion.
    Edit here is the link https://www.fimfiction.net/story/2857/mystaras-little-ponies-friendship-is-adventuring

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  8. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

yeah, that friend that explains everything in huge 9 paragraph blocks 9 lines long when a sentence is all i wanted and leaves me feeling more confused than when i started.

i mean, at home at least, thats my job dammit :mad:

doug89 likes this.
  9. Radiant Knight

Radiant Knight Phoenix Fire

Honestly, I enjoy the Equestria segments more than the main story. I can't wait until main story Paul goes to Equestria.

10. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

oh, as someone who's watched Ramsay's Hotel Hell, i KNOW why thats illegal.

*shudders- legitimately shuddered at his keyboard just now* s..splotches...in UV..e..everywhere....
    the c..carpet, t..the w..walls, the sheets, p..pillows- the c..ceiling....

11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The ceiling is a bit odd. Though there are some laws that are literally never enforced. Such as that it’s illegal to eat oranges in the bathtub in California for some reason.

Jormuungaand likes this.
  12. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

Yeah-there used to be a state in the US where you legally had to have windshield wipers on a car for it to be road legal- even though you didnt need a windscreen >.<

even the Book of the Astronomicon? o_O

i..w..wait
    d..does....that..i..include... Jaq Draco's horrifying quest to fuck a Callidus Assassin whilst she was in t..the f..form of a Genestealer!?!?!?

13. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

This assumes their sun is a standard yellow star one AU distance from the planet (or close enough) rather than a moon-sized fireball in high orbit.
    Always consider why a system is setup as it is before deciding you should mess with it.

Actually a fair few of the Wonderbolt stunts involve creating, arranging or destroying weather patterns. Their training certainly has a lot of it.
    Also canonically LD was employed as a courier. AKA a high-speed mail delivery pony. Dash is the one who works weather for a living.

Like it couldn’t hurt to check on the anti-life containment? This is The Magical Land Of Equestria. The place is lousy with sealed, dormant and spontaneously generating magical terrors just waiting for something to stumble over them.

14. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

That's fairly offensive, since I doubt you meant something like Andreja Pejic with hooves.

Seems... Iffy. I mean, it's not entirely clear to me how emotions and Warp are bound, but basically you can't not have some type of chaos gods. Also, I've heard some claims that the world of WFP is located somewhere in the WH40k universe, but I don't know about that.

Vorian and Lupercal like this.
  15. GamingPizza1998

GamingPizza1998 Verified Pizza

Huh what does it say about me that I understood the vast majority.

Lupercal likes this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Did she actually have a Purestrain form? I thought she transformed into a Cultist?

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ah, wonderful, someone decided to mention that disgusting abomination of a book.

Truly Games Workshop has created a disgusting and deplorable universe.
    Damn you to hell Ian Watson.

Gantradies and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Series.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Dear god no, just no...

Gantradies likes this.
  20. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Lipstick without lips is a thing that should not happen.

I've done that before! Was a NaNoWriMo attempt back in college. (Well, it wasn't Equestrian thaumatology. MLP wasn't a noteworthy thing in 2002.)

Does it count as a road trip if you're using a boom tube?

If she's functioning fine and isn't distressed by it, don't mess with her. :x (If she doesn't like it, that's a different matter.)

This appears to be a fabrication, as I can find no attestation that it was ever on the books. (Turns out a lot of the "crazy"-sounding laws are either outright fabrications or creative extrapolations instead of an accurate description of the text and intent of a real law.)

Not even "used to be" -- this is current law in (at least) both Texas and Washington. However, this apparent absurdity is the result of taking excerpts of the law out of context. In both states, the wiper statute says that on vehicles equipped with a windscreen the wipers must be maintained in good working order.

Gantradies, BR549, nick012000 and 3 others like this.
  21. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Is that really something any version of the SI has consistently kept in mind?

Gantradies, Vorian and Lupercal like this.
  22. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

[Non Canon Nonsense]

"Well this wasn't what I was expecting."

Yeah it's kind of like the Spanish inquisition that way.

"A human?"

In Equestria, yeah the Hasbro portal keeps that from happening, it's how that girl got here ages ago.

"I feel like I'm missing some key facts."

Well I'm what popular media calls a Planeswalker, I ended up here had a laugh and then you showed up.
    That portal over there goes to the Hasbroverse, it's a crazy place full of Cybertronians, and crazy special forces teams.
    Still it beats recent events.

"What happened?"

Some Yutz set an antilife fragment loose and it landed in the general area.
    Damn thing just set off a dormant pocket of Smooze.

"Ah."

23. Mr Zoat

That link is remarkably prescient of you.

24. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Know a few bronies and remember the 80's

Dream Valley is a place of Nightmares.

Cuchulin and Lupercal like this.
  25. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Man, looking at Tyrek, someone on the team was a huge fan of Disney’s Black Cauldron. It’s like someone took that and put in ponies instead of the protagonists

26. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I mean... there’s a really obvious explanation for that book. It’s some bored librarian’s in-universe AU fanfiction that got mixed in to the real archives by mistake / a prank. So he writes about things he’s heard of and things that sound hot to him, a boring nerd working in a library who’s never been in action and never met a genestealer. So some of it is historically accurate, but Draco is an SI character, and most of it is made up by a very reliable narrator.

Also, even better, she can only disguise herself as a genestealer (according at least to the Emperor’s voxcast runthrough of that first book.)

Gantradies, DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Mquz makes an interesting idea.

This certainly wouldn't be the first book whose main character was basically an SI
    The Divine Comedy is the first one that comes to mind and is possibly one of the oldest pieces of SI fanfiction out there.

Gantradies and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Threadmarks: Equestrian Guise (part 7)
    Mr Zoat

Somewhere
    over the rainbow

The three of us stare down from the stony ridgeline into the wide valley below. Actually, I'm not sure at what point a land formation stops being a valley and starts being a plain that just happens to have hills on either side. This was clearly carved out by the actions of the river: land worn away by the constant flow of water, then levelled by successive patterns of annual flooding. It would probably make for good farmland, but I can't see any of the patterns that I'd associate with ordered fields. On the other hand I can see plumes of smoke.

Lightning Dust flaps into the air, then half-closes her eyes.

"Wild weather. Not like the Everfree, but nopony's doing weather management."

I look up at her. "You know that's just pony obsessive compulsive disorder, right?"

She looks down. "Huh?"

"Most species don't bother regulating the weather. Outside of stopping tornados or the most powerful storms there isn't really much benefit to what Equestria does. Ponies just do it because they freak out if everything isn't just so."

Lightning Dust pulls a face at the insult, but after a moment she looks a little more contemplative.

"Huh. So what you're saying is, the ponies here would pay me whatever I want to fix their weather for them."

I smile. "You're pretty quick on the uptake. Of course, we don't know that there are any ponies-"

Sunset's horn glows for a moment, then a… Band of cyan races across the landscape.

"-here. Hm. Sunset, do we know if there are any ponies here?"

She nods. "Definitely ponies. And… I'm not sure… But I think this is Dream Valley."

"Was that a satnav spell?"

She rolls her eyes. "I tried studying ancient history to see if I could find anything about earth pony magic. I never found any maps, but there was a poem that was supposed to predate the Exodus and it had a.. poetic description of Dream Castle."

"And your spell found it?"

"I think we're standing on it." I look down and fail to see a castle. "What's left of it, anyway. The Exodus was at least twelve hundred years ago."

I frown. Now I look again there is a surprising degree of regularity in some of the stones around us. "A castle made of stone shouldn't completely collapse that quickly."

"It would if it went through an ice age. Or if it was frozen by windigos."

"Or if the locals pulled it down."

Sunset frowns. "Why would they do that?"

"Well, I'm only working off the oral history version here, but weren't earth ponies kind of the underclass? Exploited by the more martial pegasus ponies and unicorn ponies?"

"I always thought that was a dramatic oversimplification of…" She looks around. "Where'd Lightning Dust go?"

I look up and follow the turquoise and orange streak across the sky.

"That way."

"Buh-! Gkh?! Does she even speak Ancient Equish?"

"Probably not. Hang o-"

Sunset Shimmer glows cyan for a moment, then vanishes.

"-n." I spend a moment alone on the plateau. "Ring, scan for them."

"Subjects located."

And… Luna said that she and Celestia ascended post migration. That snapshot of her foalhood I saw strongly implied that they were born post-Exodus. And there weren't any older alicorns around, so.. it's possible that the local ponies haven't ever seen an alicorn before. They may well not know that they exist.

"Show me."

A construct image forms of… A tent settlement. It looks like they're either setting up or breaking camp. They have some large wagons pulled by.. other ponies, and some are laden with large logs. For trading, perhaps? Lightning Dust is flitting around, but none of them seem all that bothered by her. Then Sunset appears and that causes a few to back off rather sharply.

I should probably put in an appearance. Boom tube might be a bit loud, but I can't see…

Some of those ponies are armed.

Mother Box.

Ping.

Boom!

I trot through the portal as a couple of rough-looking types with crampon-horseshoes size her up. They're half a head taller than her, which means that if I stood over them then their ears might tickle my stomach. They lose interest in her as soon as the tube opens, and they adopt a noticeably more defensive posture when they see me.

"Mornin', lads."

"Hu 're yuh, jimmeh?"

Oh, by the Source, they're Scottish. Or.. rather, my rings have decided that their dialect is the equivalent of Glaswegian English. I could override it, but this way at least I can tell the difference between ponies who are speaking Modern Equish and the ponies speaking this dialect.

"Name's Grayven. My companions and I are new to these lands and we're having a bit of an explore. Might I ask your names?"

They both regard me cautiously for a moment, before the one with a dull green pelt decides that since I'm unlikely to be a fairy there's no harm in telling me his name.

"Hoof Stompah." He lifts up his right forehoof as if to demonstrate, then considers me and thinks better of it. He nods at Sunset. "What kinda gabbeh comin' oota har mouth?"

"That's not Ancient Equish." Sunset sounds a little disgruntled. "I don't know what language that is."

"She's speaking a form of Equish which I suspect is derived from the old unicorn dialect." Because the printing press was a unicorn invention and there's nothing like a printing press for enforcing linguistic consistency. Over a thousand years, a form of the language that was from a different dialect anyway could end up sounding very different. "Could you possibly tell us where are we?"

"Ware yeh tank?" Hoof Stomper looks around, and I notice that we're drawing a degree of curiosity. "Ponyland."

"Hey, Grayven." Lightning Dust lands next to me. "Ask them where the pegasi live. I wanna see if they've got cloud castles."

"Actually." Sunset looks around. "I don't see any unicorns, eith-. No, wait, there's one."

Hoof Stomper's friend steps aside as a senior-looking unicorn mare walks through the circle of rubberneckers. The two 'bruisers' adopt a deferential posture as she approaches, looking up at me.

"Yeh cam a wey, A'm thankin'."

About two fifths of the way around the planet, but only about a minute.

"Some way."

"A'll get a bru an. Yi'kin tell mah awol aboot at."

She turns and trots away, and Sunsets gives me an interrogative look.

"I think we're meant to follow her."

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  29. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

Zoat.

Zoat.

This is an abomination. You know that. You have to know that. Why do you harm us with this. Did we offend you? Have we broken faith with you somehow? WHY DO YOU HURT US?

30. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

as some one who don't read any chapter with red color, these Renegade Arc are torture, at least we gonna get more of that Warhammer Fantasy snip in a few day

ChestBurster, Relyt33, Bolo and 4 others like this.