1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

I would assume so. Unless they've developed some tooth substitute or tooth teleportation technology. :D

Baring

moralrelativity likes this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

'Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.'
    Thank you, corrected.
    And people say I'm optimistic.
    Thank you, corrected.

3. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

Waiting for Paul to figure out the Tau are just as much monsters as everyone else, they're just subtle and try to hide it unlike everyone else.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

What does the SI's name mean when translated into english?
    Assuming it has a meaning?

AtomicGeneral25 likes this.
  5. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

And I just noticed that the same mistake is actually repeated a couple of times...

6. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

Yeah, Genestealer cultists need to go and thankfully can't hide from ring scans.

7. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

40k thats one of the few places where a lantern ring is in all likelihood probally not enough to fix most problems.

KenNM, Wild Transient, DJK and 4 others like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Human helper trainee from Earth named Orange Lantern.

Orange Lantern isn't all that strange for a tau personal name.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  9. AtomicGeneral25

AtomicGeneral25 Insert Creativity Here

As everyone was saying earlier, depends on which version of the Tau we're dealing with here. Even if it's the more grimdark version instead of the optimistic space communists, they have two major difference that sets them apart from the other factions. They're open enough that Paul could actually get his foot in the door with relative ease, and they're small enough that our favorite "one man post scarcity civilization " could actually effect meaningful change in a reasonable amount of time, putting them on a more even playing field with the other powers at the very least.

10. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Probably not nearly as complicated as the human one seems (only the last 7 digits really count..) I expect it would be keyed to local time, though. Might want to ask about whether it's morning or evening at your leisure...

No noticeable face ridges, either. Would the Tau Brothers even have that?

Baring her teeth... She's trying to smile. <facepalm> A very junior diplomat, it appears.

Oof. I wonder what Tau use-name he'll end up with...

For the uninitiated, 'I' means Initiative, a measure of a species' reflexes and reaction time. 3 is human norm, 4 is superhuman (ie Space Marine supersoldiers). Anything higher hits low levels of superspeed.

Sharing information! That'll put her at ease.

And then you blew her mood right back to 'worried'.

Hopefully, he can convince the senior officers of the threat... Assuming they haven't been subverted. Crap.

And you haven't wondered why you've still got charge? How conservative have you been with the power usage?

"Not a pleasant sensation, in fact..."

Right. There may well be a few Ork Infiltrators lurking somewhere too.

Good, good, appeal to the group mentality. Joy of them having evolved from a herd species, way back down the evolutionary track...

Or vice-versa, though your ring can fix that easily enough.

Some learning ahead for all concerned. Jolly cooperation!

Plus, the likelihood of their weapons beating even a low-level environment shield. 2+ save, I would hope...

Careful, they're still on edge... Don't want to set off any incidents...

Oof, no wonder the radio contacts seemed a bit unsettled. No Ork infiltrators, at least.

Hopefully not, and ew. I'm sure scans would have alerted you to a Purestrain, at least.

"Brace yourself, this can be a little... Disconcerting."

Thankfully, you aren't getting hit by the smells. I shudder at the thought...

Thinking "What the Fornication was that thing?"

This is the kind of thing that will unsettle people, Paul...

Meet your new ingroup, Lantern.

And quite a few shocked medics... Let's hope the guards don't start shooting...

"What just happened?"

Well, that was... impressive. I see some upset people in the near future... And quite a bit of fast talking...

Well, so far so good. Let's hope that little display is enough to make them realise this is someone who you want to be on the good side of...

12. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

But...but they're tau. For Emperors sake they don't even fight in melee. You cant fix what is already that broken.

BBJimmy, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  13. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

This probably wants some punctuation, or a change of case, or both.

14. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Didn't it just analyse alien tissue within seconds? And we have seen it do the same with alien tech, no? The Warp aspect may be a problem though.

Also, can the ring not just heal the Genestealer infection? if it can detect it, it should be able to remove it.

Also interesting to see a Paul struggling with his ring, maybe due to sleep deprivation.

As for the people saying the Orks have it best: that's like saying a slave with a brain implant that makes them happy has a good life.

Just because the Orks do not realise their entire life amount to nothing more then the worthless perpetuation of mindless destruction doesn't mean their lives suddenly gain meaning.

They are a malfunctioning bio-weapon, nothing more.

KenNM, Bramble Thorn, BBJimmy and 3 others like this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    [​IMG]

16. AtomicGeneral25

AtomicGeneral25 Insert Creativity Here

That's just it, with just a little orange light modification, they'll be able to fight in Melee, maybe even better than the humans! Nothing's too broken to fix if you have the right tools!

17. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

All Paul has to do is create an Orange Transparent Chainsaw and every Tau female in the vicinity will immediately start ovulating.

KenNM, Cuchulin and Alexandercctv like this.
  18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Tau tech, which is the least advanced in the setting by several orders of magnitude.

Imperium technology runs the gambit from a couple thousand years more advanced then the Tau to more advanced then the Guardians. Also a lot of it runs at least partially on the Nosphere, which is psychic magic. And of course most of the Imperium's tech is warded.

Eldar technology is literally made of warp magic.

Necron technology is more advanced then the Guardians.

Ork technology only works because of the Ork collective psychic belief in it.

Put simply, the most Paul could do for the Tau is give them a small boost via copying some mass produced Imperial Guard crap.

Cuchulin and AngelicKnight. like this.
  19. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

The most useful thing he could give them would be the ability to warp travel without using warp fuckery. That Alone is worth it's wait in gold

KenNM, ashadowalker, BBJimmy and 5 others like this.
  20. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Which he can't do because his ring lacks a Guardian database.

Also the Tau don't travel through the Warp.

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  21. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

OI! DIZ GIT FINKS WE AIN'T 'AVING A GUD TOIME BOYZ, WE SHOULD KRUMP 'IM!!!
    WAAAGGGHHH!!!

22. desolatedsabers

desolatedsabers Know what you're doing yet?

i mean, the whole point of DA ORKIE BOYZ and their ancestors the korks, is that they live to fight. their lives gain meaning as they fight. every scar, every nick, every bullet, is a thousand words in the majesty of that ORKIE GITZ life. it's why the WAAGHbosses are so kitted out with almost as much cybernetics as a mechanicus priest.

Their lives hold no meaning to us because we can't understand a life that is constantly fighting, because humans get tired of fighting, and always being angry. ORKIES don't.

23. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

He seems to have a regenerating ring, like the WHF version, because a single charge in a Warhammer world is just not fun or fair. Maybe this one has a database too?

24. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

What are Kroks? I've never heard of them?

25. Mr Zoat

Brain Boyz, for us 2nd ed. types.

26. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Should be "shamans" rather than "shamen"
    Just to check, but is that the mental noise that was intended here?

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat is there a version of the SI that ended up in the She Ra Princess of Power universe?

I could see him helping Adora with her issues and maybe help Hordak with his whole cloning and self esteem issues.
    He already helped Kon with his problems, plus he could start a romance with Hordak and maybe Entrapta, he did seem interested in one with Kon and M'gan, also defeating Hordak Prime and making the Horde into a benevolent empire that uplifts the world they conquer would be something he could do, he already helped Xor make the soldiers of his world more interested in honor rather than simple loyalty.

Is there a version of the SI that has ended up in a romantic relationship with a male?
    Will we ever see him if there is?

KenNM, OrigamiPhoenix and True Ninja like this.
  28. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wouldn't the orks be really easy for an orange ring to subvert? Kind of like how OL was able to bring Mammon around? Whey want to break shit so it's just a matter of aiming them.

29. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Assuming that one link to the figures is what Paul is working with . . . Good news. The Tau have big titty waifus.

I'm sure it won't be too difficult to get used to their faces. Pus comes to shove, he could probably just use his ring to make himself okay with their faces.

I'm talking about this because I have never liked nor cared for the Orks, so Ork talk is meaningless to me.

30. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Seems as though that's what he meant by rubber forehead aliens

Lupercal likes this.