1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

God damn it, now I need to change the ending.

Uh. I mean. Noooo, I totally had something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in mind! Yeah! It's nothing like this at all!

Beyogi, Zarohk, PineTreeq and 13 others like this.
  2. tertius

tertius drunken shitposter extraordinaire

[IMPLYING IMPLICATIONS]

still, I read Silent, and I don't recall this coming up. then again, this is 03:20 where I am and quite drunk, so I might not recall many things. I do recall that we have a bit of wine in the cellar still. maybe it'll last till morning. maybe not.

3. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

to
    They
    SpeakForMe

TanaNari likes this.
  4. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

Despite having the title of darkest fix-fic, it sure is hilarious when even the writer himself is tripping-ball over the ending.

Tenebrous Fantasies likes this.
  5. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Now I'm imagining Scion is not actually a god, but rather a spacewhale 4chan script kiddie.
    Pathetic? Bored? Destroying worlds for teh lulz?
    It hangs together a bit too well.

"Hey Scion, thanks for stopping that natural disaster!"

[ANONDELIVERS]

"Hey Scion, what's up with the lack of costume?"

[TITSORGTFO]

"Hey Scion, why are you pulling cats out of trees?"

[CATURDAY]

6. LuridThrone

LuridThrone Sitting On The

I was right! I was right! I was right!!

*does a jig*

TanaNari likes this.
  7. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

Shut your pie hole, Lisa.

Also, you couldn't have said that in Japanese or something, instead of invoking an Andrew Ryan-esque shutoff for their suits?
    honestly
    So what you're saying is that there's no way that Tana can write something even more depressing?

I'd like to make a prediction: The reason why Dinah predicted a dropping chance of the 'talk Scion into leaving' plan working is that Taylia was growing stronger, and thus Scion was becoming more confident that reviving Eden would work.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Zarohk, Divabot, Diller and 2 others like this.
  8. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

For this chapter,I'm playing R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly" as covered by J2 and featuring Casey Hensley.

9. jrbless

jrbless You needed worthy opponents.

Does someone actually have a link to Silent?

10. cosoco

cosoco Not too sore, are you?

11. Masked Menace

Masked Menace Making the rounds.

Zarohk likes this.
  12. DeAnno

DeAnno Power over Versatility

Didn't the original Silent ending get Ret-Coiled?

Prince Charon and Zarohk like this.
  13. Mr. Tebbs

Mr. Tebbs Not too sore, are you?

ish? the author was going to coil-con it. but honestly, the wormverse would do much better to not have parahuman powers regardless, so i still say it's a good end

14. dasstan

dasstan :)

When they woke up with zombie bodies, my reaction was basically... "God damn it, Scion."

Taylia becoming an entity isn't exactly unexpected, I mean... a lot of us have been calling it, in one form or another, for several hundred chapters now. Loved the execution, though. The ride up to this has been fun. Now it's just a matter of time to see how it plays out.

... Oh god. It's a fix-fic for Scion, isn't it? It was never about the people.

Zarohk, PineTreeq, Faraway-R and 11 others like this.
  15. Eevin

Eevin Getting out there.

And then, Clarice appeared out of nowhere, gave Taylia a genky cool-down hug, with the unconditional support of Missy and Thep. Libecca added some sage words, while Zack gave some really pervy (but still sage) words, and Emma hit him. And together, all of Pantheon made the Ultra-Avaton, which defeated Scion with the power of FRIENDSHIP!

Zarohk, PineTreeq, Faraway-R and 9 others like this.
  16. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

Italics.

"Heiress'".

... Scion is a magnificent bastard. Fortunately he's in the habit of listening to his wife.

17. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

[ANGER]

[CONFUSION]

[COUCH]

[DISMAY]

[ISOLATION]

[RECONCILIATION]

[NEGATION]

And that's how Scion discovered his girlfriend was gay now.

18. Eevin

Eevin Getting out there.

Today, in "TanaNari, Verified Dick" our beloved author approaches the titilating conclusion of Amelia, a tour de force of both speed and creativity. However, the Silence sudden appearance seems ready to destroy the originality of his ending. Has TanaNari been clockblocked by a fic he never read, or is everything still going according to plan?
    Stay tuned next update for the exciting new development of Amelia, which will make or break the Darkest Fix-Fic ever seen!

No pressure TanaNari!

My money is with "all according to plan".

Zarohk, Faraway-R, Divabot and 7 others like this.
  19. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Clarice: I can do it with pine needles.

So... Canon Worm, then?

What? Try again? Use English this time?

... You. Fucking. Bastard.

*shrugs* Oh well. Live by the Troll, die by the Troll.

In all seriousness, though. I know what the Ending is, and have for the longest time. I think it's good enough to live up to the hype. *AS LONG AS* the writing is solid enough to make it work.

I still reserve the right to be nervous that I've gotten this far and risk fucking it at the last possible moment.

20. Finbar

Finbar I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well.....that was totally expected.

Actually, i'm predicting Taylia shanks Scion from behind, dragon had a backup on a 72 hour delay and Lisa had planned for all this all along

21. dasstan

Even if you do fuck it up, you will learn from it and your next work won't suffer from the same mistake.
    If it wasn't for the shards actively preventing space travel (I can provide a WoG on this), I would say that they did a clever thing by sending Dragon and a bunch of backups into space.

Granted that, theoretically, they could get around this by having an AI that lacks a passenger be the one that pilots the ship, rather than Dragon herself, and leave Dragon in a housing that isn't powered on.

22. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

Hey, we already got prediction from Dinah that Taylor and Amelia will separate somehow and splitting the Pantheon.

Maybe....?

Oh God, the darkest ending isn't fucking Scion in the ass, it's Taylor and Amelia divorced through spacewhale power.

AliasBot, Zarohk, PineTreeq and 4 others like this.
  23. dasstan

Dinah can't predict Taylia, Dinah can't predict Scion. Dinah definitely can't predict Taylia as an Entity.

OTOH, Taylor and Amelia can split off into an Entity pair, and drag the rest of the Pantheon-turned-Shard people with them?

24. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

It would be the difference between your hand getting destroyed by being burned by a very hot thing, or a transcendentally hot thing. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Past a point, pain is pain and depressing is depressing.The only way to really be more depressing is... Heh. I'll hold on to that one.;)
    Kinda. I was hoping for better more horrific, honestly. Doing a fleshmerge with the Eden-corpse is the muffin easy button for body-horror in this setting.

Either way I have been entertained and will definitely be waiting for the last bit.

Zarohk and Coruscant Knave like this.
  25. Mr. Tebbs

Mr. Tebbs Not too sore, are you?

Meh, I'm in the camp of shouting gleefullly while the world goes to sith around me

dude spoilers!

https://xkcd.com/109/

26. dasstan

You left out the part where their original bodies were converted into endbringer zombie goop, first. Honestly, man.

27. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Yeah. The horrific part is more subtle. Notice how no one's even reacted to "it's just a body transplant".

Body horror has become so par for the course in this story that the audience doesn't even blink anymore.

That's the horrific part. :p

Not quite as horrific as all the people who were afraid to leave the concentration camps after they were rescued, because they'd gotten so used to the horrors that they couldn't imagine life in the normal world anymore.

But that was real life. Horror, much like comedy, is amplified exponentially when it happens to real people.

Drama and romance, strangely enough, are actually less interesting in real life than in fiction.

28. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

It did. I'm not sure just how believable it was (since it seems to me like Coil's power shouldn't be able to predict both Scion and a new/replacement/whatever entity), but it was still a pretty good read.

And then the fic died, but that's just how it goes usually.

Prince Charon likes this.
  29. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

I was kind of expecting them to go that route themselves if things had dragged on any longer. Ditch the armor and just copy their minds into "combat bodies"

I blame Eclipse Phase.;)
    The Endbringer goop bodies were worse than merging with Eden. I had been half expecting Amelia to use Taylor as a vector to parasitically infest Scion and kill him from within.

Zarohk, PineTreeq, Faraway-R and 4 others like this.
  30. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

No, I already did that with HCtBB :p

As for this chapter: yeah, I actually said, "Well, fuck me rigid" out loud.

Last edited: May 24, 2015