1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Oh. It's the Ame-Comi Manhunters.

So probably working for Krona. And he's probably using them because of what Grayven did when he tried to snatch him.

Fun universe if you're a pervert. All the heroes and villains are beautiful women wearing the slutty Halloween costume version of what they'd normally wear.

Except Batwoman. She's actually the exception that doesn't operate like some kind of battle stripper.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If Króna sent them instead of going himself then the stabbing renegade gave him could have seriously hurt him, or not and he's just worried about being hurt again.

3. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, Teen Titans. So naive in their youth. I suppose they've gotten a little wiser with Raul around.

A concept from the Green Lantern animated series, eh? I suppose they needed faceless grunt troops for the heroes to beat without ticking off broadcast standards boards... Living up to the grand tradition of Faceless Mooks everywhere!

Well, clearly he's a bad guy. Otherwise they wouldn't be trying to kill him, would they?

Yep, really bad guy. I'm presuming he's a Psion?

Typical teenagers. Leaping in without asking who's who. And this group is especially prone to that.

"Ring hate puny smartphone! Ring is superior device!"

Heheh... Not above a little teasing, eh?

Honestly, I'm amazed they waited that long. Typical DC bystanders.

Oh, I like this Paul. He has no fucks to give, except where his lady is involved. Then he has lots to give..;)

Vomit in five... Four...

Three...

Two...

Incoming!

You better. That's nasty shit...

"He pressed play."

"Why are there bits of carrot? I didn't even eat carrot today..."

Not his phone, his girlfriend's. Unless he accessed a cloud server...

Ah, no patience for the idiots her sister hangs out with, eh? Good to see she hasn't mellowed out at all.

Sounds like things are wrapping up out there. Hopefully not too many bruises involved...

Yeah, the cleanup bonus is already bad enough...

Okay, too much information!

You bad man, you...:p I bet you drink plenty of fluids...

See, now he gives a fuck... Well, maybe later...

I... hope that's their species name and not a typo? Or some tamaranean insult?

"Huh. Since when did the guardians start giving their 'bots tits?'"

Like he has any idea either? He's what, fifteen?

"That's so hot, cuddle-bunny..."

You'd think she'd know to check for life-signs after ripping something's faceplate off... Never leave a living enemy behind you, and all that.

Heh, loving the confusion. Ame-Comi was not something you knew about before you started this, was it?

And that name has never seemed more appropriate... Wait... 'Defaced'? ouch, 5 points of Pun damage!

I'm guessing this is where OL gets dropped in, I take it. Looking forwards to that scene, especially if the Titans get to see it...

...in the direction of...
    ...Komand'r rolls her eyes...

4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

It could be that the local Guardians have gotten wind of what is going on and are trying to secure Raul before Krona gets him.

Using tue dumbest way possible, by sending armed robots after him.

Also, who are the red guard?

infinityDivided and Darko like this.
  5. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Yeah but the ame-comi Manhunters still work for the Guardians, who have mastery of all of the emotional lights except for love and fear, which as usual are the Zamaron and Qwardian domains.

So chances are good that these Manhunters have plenty of emotional light mojo coursing through their circuits.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Pretty sure the Red Guard are like the Darkstars.

That is non ring wielders who work for the Lantern Corps.

Hm wonder if the Guardians will ever have one of their own.

In the Earth 27 fan universe the Guardians actually wield all the seven lights and have an organization of non ring wielders acting as the Manhunters. The one that scourged sector 666 was a rogue sect.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  7. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Heh, Komand'r is a hand-holding pervert.

8. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

"rolls her eyes" not "roller eyes"

So are the Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2020
  9. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Should be 'her left wraps'

Should be 'They don't use them in combat, though.'

Raul said armor and scarred face. Are those versions of Jade that are being controlled?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No just Manhunters from another universe most likely working for Krona.

TP said that Krona already went to Angelika's world and took some things he needed, either some equipment, a version of Jade that somehow exists there, or maybe a version of Paul, but seeing as Zoat said he may be dead I doubt it.

He probably picked these Manhunters from another universe to do his grunt work, either because renegades attack left him damaged, he is afraid of getting attacked again, is too busy to get the alternates himself etc.

Ngamer11, Wild Transient and Lupercal like this.
  11. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Her left wraps around its throat

Lupercal and Darko like this.
  12. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's even less of a Red Guard after a rictus-grinning Komand'r slams it into the ground and then shoves her burning right hand into its eyes while her left wraps around its throat, but my puzzlement causes my aura to flicker.

Vorian, Wild Transient and Lupercal like this.
  13. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

There's a Black Lantern Paul?! What chapters? What been missing?

14. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

There was a link somewhere in the past couple of pages, but essentially the BL Paul has only been discussd in some Word of Zoat, he hasn't had any proper "screentime".

Prince Charon, Doccer, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

16. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

This line:
    If I scroll my screen just right, I can just about get this line visible at the same time as the previous reference to Time Trapper's crystal, and in between there's a bunch of action concerning a different crystal altogether. Phrasing this as "waves his red crystal" or something similar would tie it back to the previous reference more clearly.

Missing something, either "state of Mr Logan" or "state Mr Logan is in"

Not getting any Google hits on this at all; even trying to force an exact match comes up with people talking about "Algebrator" software. What is this?

Ha. ha. How droll.

17. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Odds are it's 'algebra' and 'masturbator' made into one word - onanism with math? So, an insult, possibly aimed at those with math-type (robotic/AI) minds.

EDIT:

This, in fact, is not correct. See below for Word-of-Zoat.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Ardy and Lupercal like this.
  18. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Can someone explain what algemantic is supposed to mean here?

Lupercal likes this.
  19. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

I think that's combining algebra with thaumomantic, as in "magic math". Which, y'know, is a "good enough" summation of the Anti-life equation.

20. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's actually from 'algos,' a Greek neuter noun meaning 'pain' (taken from Wikipedia), referring to how the suffering of Apokalips mystically empowers Darkseid. 'Mantic' here seems to just be used to mean something magic-related, since there doesn't seem to be any explicit divination going on (which is what the '-mancy' suffix primarily means).

21. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

So what you're saying is that it's a math/pain pun.

:D

Cuchulin, Vorian and DrThoth like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Okay. I thought that it was clear from the context, but I'll change it.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Pain fetishist.

23. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I should have known I'd get this wrong... Need more brain running to handle this sort of thing...

"Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick", Ian Drury, 1970s.

24. Mr Zoat

The Red Lantern doesn't mean in a sexual way, just that they obsess over it.

25. Threadmarks: Repetition (part 6)
    Mr Zoat

Angelika and I float in the air off the Atlantic coast, the portal swirling shut behind us.

"Ring, when and-?"

I exhale sharply through my nose, bowing my head. No, can't do it like that any more.

"Angelika, I never thought to ask. Do you have a significant other waiting for you back home?"

She doesn't look at me, instead peering at the coastline.

"I told you. I am infertile."

Ring, when and where?

3rd January 2005
    21:36 GMT -5

"And I do not appreciate you bringing it up."

"I'm… Okay, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to rub it in, but there are probably plenty of people who wouldn't care, and then there's adoption or biotechnolo-."

"Are you going to tell Jade Nguyen?"

"Ah? Tell her what?"

Ring, find me.

I think I can manage that.

A violet waypoint appears in my visual field and I fly towards it. After a momentary delay Angelika follows.

"About your feelings."

"I-." She's clearly referring to something that I've missed. "So that we don't spend the next ten minutes talking past each other, could you please assume that I've got no idea what you're talking about and just tell me directly?"

"Violet rings are catalysed by love. You were able to use it to… 'Help' me, then you asked if I was dating someone. I had wondered why you were so much more eager to spend time with me than your friends."

"Ahh-?"

Oh. Okay. She…

"You know that these don’t depend solely on-."

"-on romantic love, yes. Is that what you are claiming? That what you feel is not romantic love? Even after asking me if I am single?"

Of all the conversations I didn't think I'd be having today…

"Angelika, I like you, but I'm perfectly happy with the relationship that I'm in."

"That does not stop some people."

"I'm not carrying on behind Jade's back and -attractive as you are- I don't plan on starting. While I'm sympathetic to your situation, your intense racism is simply too unpleasant, and with my empathic vision I see it all the time."

A coastal city up ahead. Neither it not the area around it precisely map onto anywhere in America 16, but-.

There's a.. tower shaped like a 'T' on a small island oh gods I'm in Teen Titans. A Red Lantern me ended up here?

"Ah." Angelika seems to cringe slightly in the air. "I… Ah. I apologise-."

"Don't worry about it. Harmless mistake." I flash her a reassuring smile but she's.. shut down. Gone into full business mode. We'll talk about it later. Possibly with Harleen? "Can you see anything?"

"A group of metahumans are fighting either soldiers in power armour or combat robots. They are shielded against my vision so I cannot see inside."

I see clouds of brick and concrete dust drifting through the air in several places, while a.. few small fires are burning in a couple of places. The local fire brigade appears to be following the same sort of rules of engagement as their America 16 alter egos: hanging way back to douse the area of the fires more to keep them from spreading than to put them out. They can't risk bringing enough people into the area of a metahuman fight to put it out properly.

No freeze rays, though. Are there people in the buildings, or do they just not have them?

"Follow me."

I fly off the coast and down one of the main roads. I can see my objective up ahead, his anger and hate focused into a scalpel-point. But just under that, his intense love for… Komand'r, apparently. I thought that the Teen Titan version of her was kind of a psycho, but I suppose that their version of Jade wasn't any better.

And… Quite a bit younger, if I remember correct-

"No man escapes the Manhunters!"

-ly.

A surprisingly female-looking robot shoots off the ground below, the pulse plasma guns built into its forearms opening fire!

Not confident of my ability to block shots from a Manhunter with this ring, I opt to evade and leave the smashing to my companion.

"Robot! Smash away!"

Shots from its forearms strobe through the air, missing me and mostly hitting nothing. A few punch through the windows and walls of the surrounding buildings. That needs to st-.

Angelika blinks twice, red rays burning through the cowling around the Manhunter's guns and causing a flashback in the fuel cell. The forearms explode, the Manhunter wheeling to face the new thre-.

Angelika's there and ripping, some.. thing coming out of its chest and being tossed aside, another flash of heat vision burning through its eyes, blinding it for the fraction of a second it remains whole before she shoves her hands deeper and pulls it in two.

Then she floats down to street level and carefully puts them down, so as to not add to the property damage.

"Where does this robot keep its memory?"

I float down after her and give it a scan.

"Not sure. Guardians don't share data on Manhunter layouts, and these are different enough to the models the Controllers are familiar with that I'm not sure how much is applic-. No, there it is."

I point to an armoured compartment where the lower lungs would be in a human.

"Long term data storage. We'll be lucky if we can actually read it, but-."

"-last one, so if I find it first then-."

Komand'r 32 and my own alter ego fly out of a side street and immediately spot us. I raise my right hand in greeting.

"Good evening, me."

He looks… Thinner, and he has the characteristic glowing irises which often accompany ring usage. But he's not spitting acid blood, which is a good sign.

"No, just an evening."

"Ah, Red?" Komand'r floats a little closer to him, the purple plasma around her hands fading slightly. "You got a brother you didn't tell me about?"

"Parallel universe." / "Parallel universe."

He raises his eyebrows slightly. "Old hat for you?"

"You're the second 'us' I've actually met. But we've all got a problem. Krona the Fallen Guardian is picking different instances of us up to make a giant inter-planar tuning fork. I assume you're up for stopping him?"

He tilts his head back and sighs. "I just wanted a quiet evening."

I hold my hands out to the side. "Events, dear boy, events."

"Right. I'll get my armour and sort out the sidekick team, then I'll be with you."

"I also need to locate your version of Jade Nguyen. Apparently she's the second pick."

He shakes his head, frowning slightly. "Who?"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

...in the direction of a plume of smoke...

One from yesterday. I think you might have missed it, back at the top of the page...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

28. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

I was considering taking a break from the thread so that I could binge all of this delicious episode together, but it seems we’re past the setup.

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I guess it's too early in his timeline for the Brotherhood of Evil arc.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Jade is a fairly minor character overall, so it makes sense he would have never heard of her.