1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

I hope they all trade notes before spliting and going their own ways.

2. Irked

Irked Experienced.

I don't think this is over yet, Krona mentioned something about some of this being part of Time Trappers experiment not his and Time Trapper is still very obessessed with getting his own world back, when else is he going to have access to this many versions of himself to try and do something about it?

Plus nothing that would be the cause for Pariah's arrival has happened yet.

I think we're about to see some shenanigans.

3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

WE ARE THE PAUL. YOUR COLOUR RINGS WILL BE ASSIMILATED. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO FINALLY MAKE SENSE. RESISTANCE. IS. FUTILE.

I sm so freeking happy that Anti-Paul is finally free!

4. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Which sister is it?

5. Chirox

Chirox Getting out there.

Ayy, Anti-green gets a win! That's enough for me to call this arc a success. Sad-paul is now Gold-paul.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat you wrote Komand'r and then Koriandr there when I think it should be just one.

Think it should be Koriandr in any case.
    Kom may love Red and if this is another variant that is involved with one of the Paul's then she may love him as well, but I don't think she would be that good at using a power ring, unlike Kori who is much more naturally loving while Kom tends to be more reserved and cautious with personal emotions.

Hell's Razer, Wheenesss and Cuchulin like this.
  7. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

So, not really that relevant to what's happening, but in honor of AG Paul escaping his ring, I feel like I should ask:

Shouldn't Anti-green rings be magenta?

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

9. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Ahahahahahahaha, yes! Free, free at last!

10. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

It is so appropriate that anti-green Paul received a Gold ring (free of Oan malware) instead of a classic Green. Good for him and I hope whoever wielded it before left some goodies in their pocket dimension.

11. david

david Getting sticky.

Honestly this has been such a good payoff after all the glimpses into other Pauls. I hope the time trapper plot thread finally gets resolved but if the Pauls don't hang around and trade notes, even if we only get the cliff notes, I will be very disappointed. The funny thing is that someone giving Paragon the YJ plot notes would be basically pointless now for everything except telling him how to activate Beast Boy's powers.

12. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Hope Paul Wynne can get a ring and lantern when Clayface is deposited back in the DCAU. He's played Ironman mode long enough.

13. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Anti-Green Gold Paul manages to get a green(gold?) enlightenment after a while.

14. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Again, be very glad he tried to take Grayven before this, even if the Pauls aren't aware of that. I'm still assuming the Sword of the Fallen knocked out the Maltusian Symbionts that would make this a much, much tougher fight...

Worse, because they aren't stepping on each other's efforts, like the Pauls probably are.

Oh. Oh, my, is that Gaul, the Anti-Green Lantern?

Yes, yes it is. One of the few Pauls to be better off in this situation. No doubt the Ring would be demanding to be worn for the sake of gathering data...

OL, you are not going to be changing this Paul's mind. Honestly, he could be one hell of a Green Lantern with the Will he's learned.

Fuck yeah! Weaken the enemy while empowering yourself! And doing it with style!

Honestly, you've got to wonder about some of the Pauls' choices out there. I mean, some are understandable given their lack of a Lantern to keep charged. Others... Not so much.

It's like some higher power was playing silly buggers with time... Or an Author experimenting...:p

A lot of the changes are down to the environment thy found themselves in. Look at what Fallout!Paul did to himself...

<Fistpump Data-.

<Rainbowdash-ohcomeon!.gif> Cockblocked!

True enough. So many of these Pauls and Jades have interesting stories, and at most we get a few thousand words in between other chapters... Sometimes you just want to know more... I suppose that's what fan-Omakes are for...

Damn, girl. All business. Alan's training and her character shining through.

It's like the last half-hour of a big event movie. A roller-coaster of light and sound...

Let's try this again: <Fistpump Data.gif> Finally, Gaul gets some green!

YES. I only hope he can score a lantern to go with the ring.

And there's the Peter Wynne Clayface. I wonder who else didn't fit in?

Oooh... Mystical. Jedi Battle Meditation, eat your heart out. That's one way to channel multiple lights.

Bit off more than you could chew, didn't you? Give it up, you blue bastard, and take the lumps you've got coming...

New Earth's Starfire, slinging a Ring? Damn impressive! They got almost everything they need for some White Light action...

Oh, now what?

And there's the last part. Time to taste the rainbow, Krona! Interesting that Maul went for Blue rather than his usual orange. Wonder which Paul's ring that is? Baul's?

Woo! Cue the victory music, and start the looting, fight's done... Unless Maul plans to try something...

Man... Anyone else feels like they need a cigarette? To quote Abridged!Alucard: "Houston, we have nooo problems..." And it felt great to see Gaul get out of his shitty situation with the Anti-Green ring. That's definitely going to make for some interesting scenes when he returns home.

...they've had some cranial work done...
    Something feels off with the start there.

15. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Now, if they don't share Tech and Magic databases between themselves before leaving, then I'm calling Deus Ex. That's pretty much one of their defining motivations.

16. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Wait didn't Maul have an orange ring?

Caerwen, Jaron, Wheenesss and 2 others like this.
  17. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Very much agreed!

That would be nice.

18. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

The collective common sense of thousands of Pauls, combined with Common Sense Paul, is too much even for a god to withstand!

19. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

He did, but considering what he's been pursuing I could see him snagging a blue ring from somewhere.

Heh. What are the odds Syndicate!Paul is on the tuning fork?

20. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Yeah, that'd be nice. They just sit down for pancakes with lemon and sugar, and discuss their experiences, likes, dislikes, dreams for the future, and see if any of the others want to leave their new world for one of the others.

Hopefully Paul can recruit a couple of them to come to his place.

21. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

The end result would be hilarious with a pile of Pauls showing up there and everyone elses reaction that there are more of the Cake Man...

22. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

True, he had an orange ring...but he's not so much WANTING his universe back as just HOPING he could bring it back with all this time travel mess.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He did, but he just now summoned a blue ring to his hand to help the rest with making the white light.

Recruitment seems unlikely, but maybe he can come and visit their universe sometimes like renegade did with Earth 50

24. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

A few might just do that if only to get a lantern and because his Earth is nicer than the one the ended up on.

25. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Hmm... If I remember the timeline for Peter Wynne right, Clayface's abduction came long before his encounter with Batman. <Quickly checks.>
    Yep. His appearance in 'Covert Community' during 'Gammadion', where Clayface gets abducted in 2002, takes place before Batman visits him at the end of the earlier 'Doppelgängered', in 2005.
    So unless Peter Wynne was very discreet about having a functional Orange ring and lantern during the earlier chapter, it doesn't look good for chances of Clayface bringing Peter a present. Unless Mr Zoat is prepared to retcon things. Which Crises have a habit of causing, anyway.

26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That's probably not a good thing given how much of a villain Time Trapper is...

But to where?

27. RichardWhereat

Hah! I wonder if any of the others have also fisted an acromantula.

Your mum's place.

28. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

What are you, five? o_O

Rafin, gustyeagle, WereDragon and 5 others like this.
  29. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Forget notes, take the cool mini clay face with you!

Oh this? This is Organic Orange, my new Orange Lantern side kick!

30. RichardWhereat

Fuck off, I'm seven.