1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

The hell are you talking about? Bitch is a murderer and no one cares, so is regent, so is Skitter, so is the entire ABB and Empire contingent. Murder of capes is frowned upon, but they tried to send Hookwolf to the Birdcage half a dozen times and he escapes, not because they’re going easy on him, but because super powered neo nazis break him out.

2. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

lol no he is actually really shit, if he take enough damage he dies. By world of god anyway, (From the worm wiki)

If his body received enough punishment to destroy him, if his corona faced complete destruction, or if his heart was torn out right as the loop began (which would shock the Corona Pollentia), his powers would be disrupted, and he would perish.[3]

3. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

I dislike this part here because it's nearly common knowledge online in canon that she quit the E88 and is trying not to be a black hat. Considering how much else he knew killing Purity is kind of fucked up.

Beyond that we have a Paul we've seen before, with what looks like a multi decade timeskip, and is near completely controlled by yellow fear. This at least explains the pants on head retarded idiot ball decision to NOT give him a Gold (green) power ring. Even if it still makes no sense IC.

DiceArt likes this.
  4. Information era

Information era Getting sticky.

During the trigger event, Corona gets a spurt of development. It is a partial reason for people blacking out. Corona expands slightly, veins swell.[7] Although it is still hard to distinguish a small but active Corona from bigger but inactive.

Non triggered people have both, the difference is a slight size difference. Which brings into question how he noticed that powered people have a portion of the brain which is slightly enlarged.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  5. Darth.Bill

Darth.Bill Versed in the lewd.

Okay, so this is the Thundercatz Yellow Lantern. How'd he get in Worm? Did he cross universes, or was he always in a crossover universe?

gustyeagle, Relyt33, JoTa34 and 3 others like this.
  6. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Whatever on Purity. She's a waffler with too much power to be a sometimes hero.

7. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Protector Paul has presumably spent decades as Judge, Jury, and Executioner of his settlement/kingdom on Thundera. Not saying I agree with him. But having what amounts to de facto supreme executive authority for an extended period of time changes a person's default behaviors.

8. Information era

The Gemma is a part of the Pollentia. The difference between triggered and untriggered is a slight size difference.

9. Bloodalchemy

Bloodalchemy Versed in the lewd.

But a watery tart didnt throw a sword at him.

10. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

But it is a noticeable size difference and accompanied by measurable, abnormal brain activity, at least to a power ring scan.

11. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier. Muted

Can we have an entire arc of just this? Cuz’ this is giving me a euphoric high I once believed only intercourse and/or certain psychedelic substances could provide.

12. Greydragon

Greydragon Making the rounds.

Alabaster is merely hard to kill. Wildbow states that any large enough and or destructive event would kill him, as long as it is instantaneous. Hit him with one of Bakuda's glass transmutation bombs for example and he's dead.

Also there are two parts to the tumour; the Corrona Pollentia and the Gemma. People at risk of triggering have the Corrona, marking them as targets being stalked by a shard. They have both when they gain powers, the Gemma growing during the trigger event.

13. Information era

My point stands. Alabaster is unkillable unless you directly destroy his shard. None of the supervillains in Brockton Bay are murderers. Yet.

Edit: if you destroy his corona at the precise right time, it kills him. Otherwise he still resets.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Probably.
    There might be a white one.
    No.

15. NeoDarklight

NeoDarklight The Final Observer

I’m just curious how he intends to handle Butcher.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The belief that parahuman criminals haven't committed murders while living in a city as crime infested as Brockton Bay is frankly just hilarious.

They may not have killed capes, but civilians are another matter

A majority of criminal groups tend to use murder to get rid of their enemies, like a rivals goons, or to keep discipline in their ranks, by killing those that don't follow said discipline.

This version has enlightenment, which basically means that he can't be controlled and driven crazy by his respective light.

The fact that he also didn't want a new ring, or that his ring hasn't been torturing him like with Anti Green, also plays a part in him not wanting one.

Lock him up in a prison that is impossible to escape from.

Spades163 wrote several snippets titled The Artificier where the MC locks Butcher in a crystal prison

17. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

CITATION!
    Purity can rest well knowing that her killer was, by her logic, fucking civilized about it.

18. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

The easy way would be toss into deep space, cutting the shard connection to the host by doing so, death would follow...

Of course, given the ring, it's probable that he couldn't be forced to trigger and become a Butcher...and I'm not even sure if the Butcher can become a non-parahuman in the first place.

Relyt33, JoTa34, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Information era

You are counting an uncontrolled use of power upon first triggering and being forced to kill someone by a high tier mind controller as murder. Skitter also isn't a murderer yet.

Hookwolf commited 1 murder (lethal prizefights aside) and they tried to send him to the birdcage multiple times.

20. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

Technically that's true, but it's really more like she doesn't do what Kaiser said some of the time. She targets the enemies of the Empire and later rejoins them. I'm not saying your wrong about the common knowledge, but Skitter thinks that she is with the Empire during the truce for Bakuda.

His weaknesses are destroying his Corona Pollentia (he isn't any tougher than a normal human) at any time or if you 'shock his Corona Pollentia' witch you can do by removing his heart at the beginning of his loop. He is nowhere near unkillable.

ChestBurster, Relyt33, JoTa34 and 5 others like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    I'd have to read Worm to do that.

22. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I thought if you time it right and did damage at the exact point of reset then damage is permanent. Or at least his death is.

Relyt33 likes this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And you're discounting the fact that if someone spent several years in a violent criminal group then they would have most likely committed at least one murder that wasn't accidental when you said that none of the parahumans in Brockton Bay are murderers.

Considering that Lung was willing to burn several people alive that tells me that none of them being murderers is a frankly hilarious belief.

24. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I haven't read the story.

I thought that she did break away but she was so influenced by the Nazi rhetoric that she couldn't really help herself. Plus you know Kaiser threatening to take her kid away and her attacking E88 might spark him to do exactly that.

Relyt33, Simonbob, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  25. Information era

Using lethal force on anyone is breaking the rules. Lung was attempting to get around it by having his goons do the murder.

Not killing civilians is the first, third, and fourth of the unwritten rules.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Relyt33, Cuchulin and Doccer like this.
  26. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Not to mention that it would put her up against people she knew.

Even if you might think they're doing the wrong thing, most people aren't going to want to get into a fight with people they called a friend and who trusted them.

Purity basically ignoring the E88 unless they're actively doing something in front of her is an easy way for her to still be trying to be a hero while not being willing to turn in or go against those that used to be teammates.

PDV, Relyt33, Wheenesss and 7 others like this.
  27. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

The rules don’t give a shit about civilians.

28. Information era

Keep in mind dude, that the premise of Worm is a world where the logical inconsistencies of superhuman media actual make sense and are justified. No on dying even though they have massive fights all the time is one of them. It is a logical inconsistency, but It is literally one that the world is founded upon.

Austin Pharos, Relyt33 and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Information era

• Respect the secret identities of fellow parahumans.[4][5][6][1] Private lives are a needed outlet and taking that away is asking for trouble.[2]
        • No attacking the civilian family members of parahumans.[7][5][2][8]
      • No violence or using powers during a meeting between multiple parties.[9]
      • Try not to use lethal force.[10][11]
      • No widespread attacks against civilians.[12][2]
    Not killing civilians is the first, third, and fourth rule.

30. lancelot

lancelot Grand High Poobah

Look back he wanted a new ring with a battery to charge it.