1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Profile Page Recent Activity Bug

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by GoldenFlake, Jul 16, 2020.

1. GoldenFlake

GoldenFlake Feeling Foxy.

So, I've noticed this problem while I was reading an author's page to see what else they were working on and what stories they were following. When you go to a user's Profile Page and then the Recent Activity tab and you scroll down to the bottom of what auto loads there is a button that says "Show older items". When I click on that button to see older activity by that person the button malfunctions. It does so by disappearing as if it was loading, but not actually loading anything and the button doesn't come back unless you reload the page.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

3. ultima333

ultima333 Happy Sunflower Time Administrator

Common info-gathering questions, ho!

1) Which Theme are you using, if not the default theme?
    2) Is this on mobile or on the desktop version?
    3) Do you have any active adblockers/scriptblockers that are running on QQ?

4. GoldenFlake

1) I have tried on both the default Light Responsive style and the Dark Responsive High Contrast Style.
    2) I have tried on both mobile and desktop with both of the above styles.
    3) I don't have any active ad-blockers of script-blockers. I don't know if this contributes to that question but I'm using Firefox as my browser if that helps.

ultima333 likes this.
  5. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

Didn't reproduce for me. Tested on pepperjack's profile.

Firefox 68.10 esr, desktop linux, theme is Dark Responsive (Green). uBlock Origin says it did not block anything, and uMatrix likewise says it's allowing everything on the page.

GoldenFlake, are you certain that the person you tested it with had more items to view? For example, I do get that behavior on your page, because as of this writing you only have like five or eight items total and that all fits without loading more.

Alternately, did you try reloading the page and then clicking "show older items"? I can imagine that turning stale if you had a really old page.

6. GoldenFlake

I'm using Firefox 76.0.1 for reference.

So I went and tested on other people's profiles and it seems to work for those but not the one that I was having the error with. I don't know if that's specific to that one user though. I know they have a ton of items to view because they're super active. The profile I was having problems seeing was Viva01.

Yes, I have tried reloading multiple times. Still no change there.

7. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

...Huh. That profile does it for me, too.

Okay, I noticed it stops back before the 11th, so I dug down pepperjack's recent activity until I got the same behavior, and I note that the oldest item it shows me for pepperjack is also dated July 11th. So my new hypothesis is that there's a timelimit (date-limit?) to how far back it will go, which tbf there's probably a good reason for that.

My usual method for finding out what else an author might be working on is to go to the "information" tab and click on "all threads by", in case that helps.

8. GoldenFlake

The 11th is also the hard limit for me.

If the limit is intentional then sorry for wasting your time, I didn't know it existed.

Thanks for responding and trying to help though.

9. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Do remember that you can find everything they've actually said (i.e. not their like patterns) by using the "Postings" tab. That covers profile posts and comments as well as forum posts.