1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Saved History (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Charles Flynn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Anjels

Anjels Know what you're doing yet?

Anticipating his meeting with the King of Kings and the wise King of Uruk.
    It will be glorious.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

His powers of bullshitting shall be put to their greatest test trying to maneuver against the egos of those two.

3. Anjels

Certainly but don't forget, Caster Girl can see through him with his clairvoyance, Flynn has to train a lot to be able to develop the Ex level of this skill.

At that moment it is classified as a B +

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh don't worry, I don't think it's going to take him much time to reach EX levels of power with his skill.

Charles Flynn likes this.
  5. Anjels

Do you think he can make Goetia give up human incineration using this skill?

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Does Lucius the Eternal enjoy cyber dong?

Most likely I suspect.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey quick question, but how does Vlad feel about Medea after that whole 'she psychologically mutilated Jason' thing?

My bet is that he may try to woo her, so Cu and Medusa may not be the only Servants that entered into a relationship.

I can just imagine her gushing to Charlie about her new boyfriend and Vlad asking Charlie for advice because he's so close to her. x3

LazyGlutton and Silver W. King like this.
  8. Delta Green

Delta Green Know what you're doing yet?

As I remember, those are actually the proper addresses to the Pharaoh. The first part, at least.

The second sentence is pure flattery.

Also, Georgios is becoming more and more the Emperor by sheer necessity. Because if he's not handling this shit as the Master of Mankind, Flynn is going to get everyone killed.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  9. Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

No, because he wouldn't court a woman that doesn't share his faith.

LazyGlutton, Illariai and Darko like this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Really hoped that his love for carnage and bloodshed, which Medea has proven herself to be a master at, would have overcome his prejudices.

Looks like love doesn't conquer all.

EDIT: Medea may not have the best relationship with her gods, given the whole mind control thing in the Nasu verse, so it isn't exactly difficult to imagine that she can convert.

LazyGlutton likes this.
  11. Threadmarks: Chapter 126
    Charles Flynn

I come to on a hard bed.

Oh, God, it feels like my face is on fire! What the Hell happened?

"Flynn? You're awake!" Galahad says from the chair by my bedside. "Thank God, we were worried for a bit."

"Awww... you do care," I snark on reflex, before wincing. Damn sunburn.

"Of course I do, idiot. If you die, we lose the whole damn war."

I look around. Sandstone walls. The construction looks... Egyptian. "Where are we?"

"Nitocris took us to the palace of the pharaoh she serves," Galahad explains, offering me a waterskin, which I eagerly accept. "He permitted us to stay while you recovered from your maladies."

"How long was I out of it?" I ask.

"Over a day. You nearly died, Flynn."

"Ah. We should get going, then. No time to waste, and all."

"Not until we're sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're better," Galahad snaps, looking irked.

"No weaseling out of this one, Charlie," Cu says, de-astralizing besides Galahad. "You survived Servants and Solomon. Like Hell we're going to let you die of something as lame as heatstroke."

"Indeed," Georgios chimes in, also de-astralizing. "We aren't leaving until we're entirely sure you've recovered."

"Fine," I mutter, noticing that it's actually remarkably cool on the slab I'm lying on. "Did you manage to learn anything from our hosts?"

"Our host calls himself Ozymandias, King of Kings, and told us a bit about this Singularities' history," Galahad reports. "Apparently, the enemies empowered by Solomon were the Crusaders. They summoned Ozymandias through their Grail, which he has at the moment, and he immediately rebelled against them. Then some sort of Lion King came along, killed the Crusaders, and razed Jerusalem in order to found what he calls the 'Holy City' on the same spot."

"WHAT?" I yelp. "They... they..."

"Destroyed Jerusalem, yes."

"THAT MOTHERFUCKER!" I scream. "That was a World Heritage Site!"

"It also had people in it, you know," Georgios points out.

"The City of David and birthplace of Our Lord and Savior just got nuked by some asshole furry who then proceeded to set up a cheap knockoff on the still-cooling ashes," I snap. "Don't tell me you're not as pissed about this as I am."

"You know, when you put it that way, I am considerably more furious," Georgios observes. "Funny how that works out."

"He didn't actually tell us much more than that," Galahad says, hastily trying to redirect our righteous fury back to the topic at hand. "Apparently he, the Old Men Of The Mountain, and the Lion King have been in a three-way stalemate ever since."

"We're going to Jerusalem," I say, in a tone that brooks no argument.

"It's 'the Holy City' now, actually," Cu corrects.

"I don't care what the fucking furry calls his new tourist trap, we're going to Jerusalem," I snap. "Then, once we get there, we are going to get the lay of the land, and then we are going to kill the Lion King. Preferably by giving Vlad carte blanche."

"Yeah, once you've rested," Galahad objects, to which I turn my glare on him.

"Cu, the reason my bed feels as though it's being air-conditioned comes down to you have carved some runes into it, correct?"

"Yes." Cu admits, looking like he already knows where this is going.

"Then you carry me on a rune-carved litter if you have to, but we are going to Jerusalem."

"Da Vinci actually made a dune buggy, but we still shouldn't head out so quickly!" Galahad objects. "Trust me, I'm just as unhappy about the desecration as you are, but we shouldn't rush into things."

"I'm not rushing, I'm being efficient. I can continue to convalesce in a cool environment while we travel. Will we be granted supplies by the Pharaoh's benevolence, or will we have to forage for ourselves?"

"He is sending us off with supplies, actually," Georgios comments, his face a battlefield between caution and righteous fury.

"Excellent. Cursed Arm?"

"Yes, my Master?" the skull-masked Assassin asks as he de-astralizes on the ceiling.

"Spread the word to the other Servants. Georgios, deliver my thanks to our hosts. Tell them that I am grateful beyond words for their hospitality, and the indescribable boon that is their divine existence, but while I cannot stand on my own two feet to say my farewells in person, I also can't delay in my mission, and so, must leave posthaste."

"It will be done with utmost courtesy."

"I know it will. Galahad, help me over to Da Vinci's dune buggy. Cu, set up more runic cooling."

They nod in agreement.

"Alright, people, let's get going."

---​

Da Vinci's dune buggy does another aerial jump, and I try my best not to black out from the pain as the lashings securing me to my cooling bed dig into my sunburnt skin.

"For the love of God, Da Vinci, we have an injured man in the buggy!" Georgios snaps. "Drive more carefully!"

"He said all due haste, I'm driving with all due haste," she snaps back, before the entire buggy shudders with a worrying jolt.

"What was that?" Galahad asks.

"Ran over another of those starfish creatures, it's no big deal," Da Vinci says confidently.

"Okay, that's it!" Georgios says, getting up from where he was sat besides me. "I'm taking over as driver!"

"But-"

"No buts! You're too reckless to be trusted behind the wheel!" He punctuates that declaration with a stern glare, which makes Da Vinci practically wilt.

---​

Georgios' driving, while less speedy than Da Vinci's, does have the advantage of not making you wonder if you're about to die horribly every five minutes. We do have to fight off more monsters when we're going more slowly, but I'd say the trade-off is worth it.

Finally, however, we reach the desert's edge, and come out onto a scarred, rocky plain.

"It's not green," I note worriedly, staring out at the scorched and cratered land. "The land around Jerusalem is fertile, and full of greenery. That's why they called it the Promised Land. It... it shouldn't be like this."

"We'll find out why it's like this," Georgios assures me from the driver's seat. "And then we'll fix it. That's what we do, after all."

Roman's hologram flickers to life. "Fine, I'll try it again, but I don't think-" He blinks as he looks at us. "It worked! Thank God you guys are okay!"

"Oh!" I tilt my head. "We lost contact with Chaldea?"

"Y-You didn't notice?" Roman asks, looking a tad hurt. "We were afraid that you'd died!"

"Well, it's not like we actually contact you all that often," I point out sheepishly. "Mostly because the whole 'hologram' thing would probably spook the locals." And because I don't want a backseat Master constantly peering over my shoulder, but I'm diplomatic enough to not say that one aloud.

"But, still, we have a lot of sensors, and intelligence on mythology and history on hand!" Roman protests. "We could be incredibly useful!"

"You are, it's just that I can't constantly consult with you," I point out. "But, all the same, it's good to have you back with us."

"Yeah. So, what happened?"

We tell him what happened, with Galahad doing the lion's share of the reporting.

"So, Ramses the Second," Roman says.

"I mean, it could be a lot of Pharaohs, actually. I'm presuming that they tended to recycle titles."

"True, but Ramses is the only one I can think of who would exclusively use that title and also qualify for the Throne of Heroes," Roman says. "So, what did he tell you about the Singularity?"

"There are three factions: Him, the Hassans, and the Lion King, who killed the Crusaders and destroyed Jerusalem."

"He DID WHAT?" Roman yelps, looking like someone just killed his dog.

"He destroyed Jerusalem. One of the holiest cities on Earth for just about every Abrahamic faith. And then he had the gall to build his so-called 'Holy City' on top of the ashes."

"But… but... did he have no appreciation for the labors of those that built it?" Roman looks shell-shocked. "The ones that spent their entire lives making sure that the whole affair was conducted properly, and building the Great Temple?"

"Great Temple was already gone, actually. The Romans destroyed and looted it."

"Oh, right. Fuck the Romans."

"HEY!" Romulus snaps from out of the hologram's display range.

"No offense, Romulus," Roman says quickly.

"Some taken."

"So, anyways," Roman says, turning back towards me. "You're going to give them hell, right?"

"Of course."

"All I needed to hear. Chaldea out."

And so, we hurtle onwards, towards the ashes of Jerusalem.

12. Luciel Ars

Luciel Ars I trust you know where the happy button is?

Roman has his priorities straight.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

More like razed his home.

14. Reality_Impact

Reality_Impact Abyssal Lurker

Minor error in the previous chapter.

As long as it doesn't concern false idols, he always does

15. Charles Flynn

Typo fixed. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

16. ARSLOTHES

ARSLOTHES The one who pops up every once in a while

I can't wait for Lost Belt Da Vinci to be like "I'm superior since I can drive now" or "you can't stop me from driving now bitches"

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well that and custody battles.

Those pagan idols technically may have existed, so they're not exactly false.

18. caprica12

caprica12 Getting out there.

LET ROMAN SAY FUCK, ROMULUS.

19. Charles Flynn

True, but allowing them to be erected is a violation of the "No gods before me" clause.

20. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier. Muted

Holy shit, is Magical Mari a pun on ‘false idols’? How did I not realize this!?

21. Charles Flynn

Okay... now that you point it out, I kind of see it too. That's fucking hilarious.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

But it was a great show of religious tolerance and acceptance of his lovers belief systems.

That's not exactly something you see all that often, especially in ancient Abrahamic societies.

Solomon really has an odd relationship with demonic entities.

23. Reality_Impact

Reality_Impact Abyssal Lurker

Someone on a different fgo thread pointed out that:
    1) Solomon is weak against false idols
    2) Merlin loves trolling Solomon
    3) Magi*Mari is technically a false idol

24. Delta Green

Delta Green Know what you're doing yet?

*Georgios = Emperor of Mankind INTENSIFIES*

I expect him to actually go "Fuck that shit" and flatly no-sell an "unblockable" attack or defense any day now.

Also, I can't wait for Flynn to meet with Grandfather/First Hassan.

Also, Romulus must be starting to think "Unlock Grand Lancer or not?"

25. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.

The merry band of problem solvers heads to the 'holy city', tis a silly place.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Now all they have to do is meet God, who I hope is more like his Monty Python version, since the biblical god is, well, a massive asshole.

At least this one doesn't seem to like seeing every single mortal grovel before him.

Also I know we'll probably see Merlin only when the Babylon Singularity happens, but I can't help but hope to see him in this Singularity, maybe in a disguise.

Really hope when we actually get to Merlin he takes on a Tim the Enchanter look, at least for a while, to mess with Charlie.

He has been communicating with Roman for some time and can see the outside world through his prison, so it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that he is aware of Monty Python.

And just imagine if Charlie figures out what Fou really is.

This scene is going to become so relevant if he does.

27. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

No, He's not. He's just abiding by the terms of the agreement that the people of Israel asked for when He offered to give them all a personal relationship with Him as a "nation of priests", and they responded by going "No, thanks, we want a list of rules to live by instead", and they then proceeded to repeatedly break the rules that He gave them.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Some Egyptian first born children would disagree.

Along with a whole lot of people's and nations he ordered killed for little to no good reason.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    LazyGlutton likes this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey can we get any hints on what Charlies plan for dealing with Vlad is?

Maybe challenge him to a game of curling.

Would Vlad cheer on this movies version Santa, given the fact that a lot of the people he kills could be seen as sinners, even if he is the son of Satan?

30. Limbo

Limbo God knows I was just trolling, right?

I don't think this is the place to get into a theological debate.