1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Player in the Force (SW/Lite Gamer)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by USSExplorer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. USSExplorer

USSExplorer Doing what's necessary, even if it causes chaos

Dammit.

I thought I fixed that.
    Will do so once home as editing from my phone is a right bitch. (+No easy search function)

2. CmirDarthanna

CmirDarthanna Connoisseur.

I was wondering when he started batting for the other team.

3. Mousemat

Mousemat (Verified Cheesy)

Did you mean "do"?

TheKingOfHeroes likes this.
  4. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

Please tell me CamXRachi is in the future.
    I love me some shipping, and I'm super partial to humanXnon-human ones.

As for the story, delicious chapter. Do you know what's funny? Literally yesterday I was wondering when new chapter of this story will come out. Lo and behold, a few hours later, it's here!
    As for the whole Mandalore visit, don't tell me he's somehow destined to become Mandalore.

Edit: PS. Out of the stories you recommended, those with "evil!MC", how are they evil? Evil, as in doing morally questionable things, like in " A Twelve Step Program to Omnipotence", or evil like "canon!Palpatine" evil?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    almostinsane likes this.
  5. USSExplorer

While Cam has no problem about who hooks up with who, he is very much a straight shooter

Both mistakes should be gone now.
    Let me know if they're still showing

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  6. USSExplorer

CamXRachi is a possibility.
    Though no pairings are set in stone as of yet.

Becoming Mandalore... Hmm, not a bad idea. But I think he's a little young for that kind of crap to be dropped in his lap. Give him a few years and we can see ;)

The evilness varies, but generally, they're not too evil. Though Shiro's can go a little into Palpatine zone, from time to time

Honestly, after you've given a few a read, I'd say come into the omniverse and talk with the authors (all of them are there) if you enjoy their work as well as mine.

Ryden1 likes this.
  7. Miestwin

Miestwin Monster on the outside, bishoujo on the inside

I don't know if I'll start reading them. I like my heroes to be heroic or anti-heroic/morally gray at best. If they do things that might be viewed as villainous, but they do this either because they have no other choice, or because it'll lead to an overall improvement of the situation, like Asian Rain in "Kill Them All", I'm ok with that. If they do evil things "for teh evulz", I'm not taking that.

8. USSExplorer

Hmm, in that case, try Optimistic Game and An Electric Game.
    They're more neutral than evil.

Flygar and CmirDarthanna like this.
  9. CmirDarthanna

CmirDarthanna Connoisseur.

Well, yeah. I got confused when I read it at first and thought I missed something.

10. The Dark Wolf Shiro

The Dark Wolf Shiro Everyone Hail to the Pumpkin King

i regret nothing

11. Danu

Danu Know what you're doing yet?

I mean....It's Obi-Wan Kanobi; Lord of the Highground, master of character arcs.
    Could you blame him?

12. Mem5

Mem5 Getting some practice in, huh?

Can we get an updated full stat list? pls :)

13. USSExplorer

I'll be posting an updated list at the end of the arc (after the next Chapter) along with a date so people can see where Cam is relative to the canon timeline
    (Which is slowly being derailed)

14. Mem5

Ok. Will Cam be going to Lehon? the Rakata computer under the temple of the ancients should still be there it was supposed to contain a full copy of all the history and tech of the infinite empire. Maybe even personal shields that dont make you glow in the dark? ;)

TheKingOfHeroes, Ryden1, Ame and 2 others like this.
  15. USSExplorer

It's possible
    iirc, Bane went there and took Darth Revan's holocron before starting the rule of two.
    And then destroyed the temple

I'll have to check, but I wouldn't put it past Revan to have made secondary plans for if Cam proved himself worthy of being his heir.
    After all, he was planning 4D chess while most were playing checkers.

16. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Revan had more than 1 holocron...one was found by the force adept who became Darth Rivan...and the continuing mess of the Cularin system because having a a Sith Mad Scientist/Sorcerer with few limits and a lot of time with no real opposition can't go horribly wrong in thousands of ways. And there are several others that popped up over the years with both Sith and Jedi holocrons...and at least one that was hidden away that wasn't either.

Ame and almostinsane like this.
  17. Mem5

Maybe Revan left a holocron with Canderous? or maybe a spare set of his armour?

Ame and almostinsane like this.
  18. Mem5

Ah i knew bane went there and took a holocron but didn't know he destroyed the temple after he got it.
    Any plans for HK-47 to make an appearance?
    Will Cam be following in Revans footsteps and start wearing armour at least when or if war breaks out its got to be a better option than the jedi's usual burlap sack robes eh?

19. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

I'd always assumed that the first one was a standard type of thing...then after getting mind raped a few times, Revan started making them all the time to make sure it didn't happen again.

Ame likes this.
  20. USSExplorer

According to the wiki, that was a corrupted manuscript. But I could easily have been a holocron instead for ANP.
    Though can't find anything else on Revan making any other holocrons on the site...

It's possible he did. We'll just have to wait and see.

HK-47 might appear. I just don't know if I can write him well enough to make it work or avoid the feeling that Cam would be Revan-lite.
    And he will be wearing armour before galactic war breaks out.

That would certainly be a logical thing to do

TheKingOfHeroes, BlueAnime88 and Danu like this.
  21. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

The holocron played a role in the Living Force campaign and also appeared, in a damaged state, in Dawn of Defiance (Inquisitor Draco recovers it, and it's destroyed during that adventure...which is entirely set on Cularin as a thing tying it back to Living Force). If you had the RPGA versions of the PDFs, there were instructions on how to make a minis of holocrons...all 3 major types of them and easy ways to do so because of the adventure. Originally, it was going to be an RPGA reward for DMs that they'd ship the set to you if you'd run the adventures up to that point, but there were a few issues at the time that created a mess with the minis (One sculpt got replaced during it with an older one for a different thing...it was intended to be the Walker Driver, can't remember if it was AT-AT or AT-ST, mini that got a version of the Imperial Pilot that had been rejected from the special minis set that they'd released in a lot of other store such as Walmart) and the ensuing mess meant that the DoD promo minis didn't happen (There was going to be a Draco and Dencia minis along with Draco's pet and a few others, it had been planned for there to be a special mini with each adventure for those running it for the RPGA).

Ame likes this.
  22. HighFlyingWings

HighFlyingWings Not too sore, are you?

Huh, came here from FF.net, and didn't know this is on QQ as well. Damn, it seems Cam is a damn lady-killer. Seems like you're giving him a reason to spread the Shan bloodline lol. I am sure you will make something work (I prefer harem lol) and the arguments and discussions regarding Cam's relationships with them will be legendary.

Wonder what Canderous and Revan left for him on Mandalore though.

I am also curious on how you will write KOTOR 1 and 2 in the SW universe to make it palatable for everyone as well as humanize the legendary figures such as Revan, Bastila, Canderous, Meetra, Kreia, Nihilus, Sion, etc. I probably see that you will make it into an ASOIAF POV novel type of thing as well, since the dialogue from the KOTOR games are of legendary quality, or will you make it into a visual-novel/RPG like the original games to keep the suspense and shock value up? Like I commented in FF.net, I wonder how the living Sith now (Plagueis, Sidious, Maul) will react to Revan's conversation with Ajunta Pall, especially since canonically, the latter regretted creating the Sith and became one with the Force. I wonder how the Jedi will react once Cam reveals that Kreia/Traya directly helped in rebuilding the Order after the Great Purge?

I am eager and patient to see where you will take this, and it seems that Cam will rebuild the Je'daii as well. Perhaps take him to Tython? Good job on the chapter.

23. USSExplorer

I assume you mean the Fantasy Flight RPG books?
    Not that it wouldn't matter as I've got most of the old WotC ones on my computer as well.
    Though I haven't browsed them since I started.

I'll have to re-read those story campaigns and see what they say...

24. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Both were WotC...Living Force were OCR/RCR D20 based ones, and Dawn of Defiance was Saga Edition, and a far less diverse scope as it was a straight campaign. I think another Holocron was also mentioned in the Hunt for Revan adventure (Was repeatedly promised as a full release, but was only hard copy to GM's at a few conventions...but they were allowed to run it elsewhere, and I got to play it at one of those but it was a long while ago). The RPGA/DCI stuff was the organized play stuff that they'd have continuing, and actions in adventures would influence later events in the world.

Living Force adventures are hard to find, only a couple got a general pdf release and were distributed in print form by mail for RPGA sanctioned, the same method was also used for a lot of the other RPGA campaigns through WotC such as the living Eberron and Greyhawk stuff. Most of what can be found are the various articles that WotC released on their site at the time to give hints about things that were happening and advertise the Living Campaign.

Dawn of Defiance had two versions of every adventure, if you'd done enough in the RPGA and/or DCI (they merged them around the time Living Force ended and DoD began), you got an expanded version that gave extra stuff both for the GM and for part of the adventure (Some were basically token sheets and a few bonus minis, others had entire additional events in the game), and there were standard versions that would pop up 2 weeks after the convention/event releases of the adventures. The entire Cularin story for it was in the third or fourth adventure which was pretty much a massive dungeon crawl through Rivan's home and the Cularin Jedi Temple while chasing Draco and his pet dark side dragon

25. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh Not too sore, are you?

Damn, his power level must be past the average Jedi Knight now. Not that he would want to throw away the benefits from Dooku and Fay’s mentorship so soon but the other Jedi must be noticing that he could probably pass the trials for promotion by now.

Anyway, another awesome chapter! I do worry for the author, the number of people interested (I don’t mean romantically lol) in Cam seems to be growing fast now. I Imagine it’s a lot of work to keep track of them. Cams going to have so many friends and allies by the end of this lol

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  26. Mem5

Ah ok. I assume Cam will get some kind of droid companion what with this been SW isn't there an unwritten rule every MC needs a plucky droid sidekick? I mean Revan had HK, Anakin\Luke had C3PO and R2, Kal had BD1, Ezra had Chopper... Although saying that I can't remember Kyle Kartarn having a droid or the MC in the Jedi Knight games.

Are you taking suggestions on force powers for Cam to learn?. And Cam is what 11 years and 9 or 10 months old at the end of the last chapter?
    Mace Windu: ah yes, we've dismissed those claims.

TheKingOfHeroes and Ryden1 like this.
  27. USSExplorer

Yeah, crossposted a few months ago bc of FFN being weird with reviews (again)
    No relationship form or pairings are set (for Cam anyway) but some are highly likely to occur

So do I

28. USSExplorer

Right time to actually go through the pdfs of all the SW RPGs I've got Dawn of Defiance or Living Force... :(

29. USSExplorer

Currently, Cam is level 21.
    As noted in the Notes and Details trademark (under Extras) A knight ranges from, roughly levels 19-28.
    So Cam is on par, level-wise, with low-level Knights.
    But tactically thinking, he's beyond most Knights (even if his actual time using a lightsaber in real combat is limited)

30. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

The last 3rd of Dawn of Defiance is heavily confusing...it got heavily rushed due to various contracts and Hasbro interference in contracts. WotC lost the contract because Hasbro interfered and wanted to alter deals when contract renewal came up (Wanting to consolidate the SW Gaming contracts between board games and the RPG/Minis stuff, thinking that they could control more with it. Lucas' side refused, and the WotC part got locked out of the negotiations about halfway through by Hasbro overruling them. So they had a limited time to rush the last parts of the campaign that they'd promised while WotC started shifting people to other projects from Star Wars.

A lot of it ended up coming out of the blue for the SW team WotC had because the renewal was pretty much set up for just signing to continue and Hasbro didn't want to tell them anything during it.