1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Band (Worm/Scion)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by BrotherMouse518, Jul 26, 2020.

1. BrotherMouse518

BrotherMouse518 Spastic Mouse

Yeah. 2.1 Will be when I flat out say it.

2. BrotherMouse518

So, I found the Myrddin PHO generation tool. Congratulations, in addition to the interlude you'll be getting a PHO post too. That one first, since It'll be a lot faster and easier to write (pretty much off the cuff) and it'll be used in place of a post I was working on.

I hope you all enjoy it.

In other news; I've gone through some minor hiccups at home and have taken up doing some basic exercise in addition to doing more "social" activities so the new chapters, and the interlude after the PHO post will be somewhat delayed.

With that, I will leave you all to it. Have a wonderful day.

3. Threadmarks: Traffic Report #1 January First, 2011, North America
    BrotherMouse518

■​

Welcome to the Parahumans Online message boards.
    You are currently logged in, DoktorD
    You are viewing:
    • Threads you have replied to
    • AND Threads that have new replies
    • OR private message conversations with new replies
    • Thread OP is displayed.
    • Fifteen posts per page
    • Last ten messages in private message history.
    • Threads and private messages are ordered chronologically.
    ■​

♦ Topic: Traffic Report
    In: Boards ► Traffic Reports ► North America
    DoktorD
    (Original Poster) (Certified, Verified, and Death Defied DJ)
    Posted On Jan 1st 2011:
    Look Alive Sunshine!

It's the dawn of a new age people, there are new players on the board and they have already begun to make their move. The OGs are shaking off the dust and getting to their old shit, those that go bump in the night are getting bumped back, and a few curious kiddies are getting a late christmas gift of meeting their mommies and daddies

It's ya boi, Dr D here with your first ever Traffic Report; The Antimatter for the Master Plan!

Right now I'm up above North America and only got three stories across the three countries worth mentioning down there; Canuckistan, the USA, and the Estados Unidos De Mexico (yeah I know it's weird, it's like a salsa flavored America there!)

We're gonna start from the top and work our way down, starting with;

THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!

You have heard it here first people, that French Canuckistani NTR Sick Bastard, Nikos Vasil aka Heartbreaker is dead.

Yes I know, rejoice!

Heard from a very resourceful rat that him and his compadres pulled a little op that managed to murk the malicious malcontent.

Turns out that shadows don't have hearts to break, who knew?

Expect an official announcement from the Prime Minister within the hour, with the unclassified information detailed within, along with "a little something juicy" according to that resourceful rat.

Rrejoice ladies there's one less creep and a major super powered creep prowling the night.

On to the good ol' U S of A

The Town of Ellisburg, New York is now clear of the False Goblin King's hordes for there was one person Nilbog couldn't quite get. This comes straight from the horse's mouth children;

"Well, it took me a decade but I did it. Sumbitch was starting to get a hell of a lot nuttier, his freaks started dying quicker, and surprisingly made good eatin'. He almost got me a couple times, even got me in a sack to make me into the weird shit he made his freaks out of, but hey I got out. I'm alive, his freaks are all dead, made damn sure of that. Man, they sure screamed and bled pretty good!"

A certain shutterbug was first on the scene as this as of yet unnamed gent breached the walls with a sledgehammer in one hand and the head of the False King in another. According to this shutterbug, those PRT boys manning the wall freaked out mighty and almost blew his head off! Guy ends up screaming like a little girl and everything!

I'd say expect an announcement from the PRT about it, but y'all know they're gonna steal credit for it like they planned it. When they do you'll know who broke the real story.

Finally, good old Mexico.

Scattered reports of some weird shit going on in the following states (Estados for you Gringos, Gueros, and Gueys out there!); Baja California (Norte and Sur), Zacatecas, Sinaloa, Jalisco, Tlaxcala, and Yucatan.

What kind of weird shit?

How about whole cartel compounds being found completely empty, as if everyone got up and disappeared with no signs of struggle or swiftness?

Politicians suddenly getting very religious and breaking down crying on the steps of their local churches?

Oh, and El Presidente? Coming out and having an anti-cartel speech in the heart of Cartel country, Culiacan (can't put the accent from my current setup sorry children) and not having a single bullet fired in his direction?

A fuckin' miracle!

Even bigger miracle, all of this happened immediately after the clock struck twelve in their respective time zones.

Well, that's all I got for North America, once I float over another part of the world y'all will be hearing from me again.

Till next time, make some noise, make some friends, and make some memories. Cause there are gonna be quite the stories to tell this coming year.

Y'all can count on it.

(Showing page 1 of 23)

►Thatdude
    Replied On Jan 1st 2011:​
    How the hell did they make a whole board just for one guys' shitpost? Nobody believes you dude! Where the hell is the flag option on this thread? Someone get the mods!​

►Nod
    Yeah, this ain't the place to be posting BS like that. Hell I'd expect this from Void Cowboy​

►XxVoid_CowboyxX
    Hey! I post way better shit than this!​

►Bagrat (Veteran Member) (The Guy in the Know)​
    Uh guys...​

He's right.​

Sources; Here, Here, and Here.​

►Aloha
    what?​

►Ne
    Oh crap, oh crap. Heartbreaker and Nilbog dead in the same day? I'm gonna keep an eye out for pigs flying!​

►Mr. Fabuu
    Ok, OP's mysterious sources aside, how come he has those tags, and how the hell did he just make an entire Board? Nobody on the Mod team are responding to well anyone rn. I can't get a hold of anybody​

►Space Zombie
    Oh shit, is this a hack?​

►MadMod (Moderator)​
    Uhh. So, everyone else on the moderator team got banned and locked out of their accounts for 24 hours and I'm the only one who didn't. OP sent me a PM saying the following​

"Child, your name is on point. For that, you get to be the mouthpiece."​

According to him he managed to hack the whole site and we do not know how. He's given himself admin privileges and he's made this board where only he can post. He's rewritten a whole bunch of the site to run smoother, he called our code; "not even spaghetti code, it's more like linguine code", he cracked EVERY moderator, admin, and even the OWNER's accounts and essentially now runs the site.​

All of the moderators tools that I have don't work anymore, my password was changed (and DoktorD was the guy who gave me the new one) and no doubt so was everyone elses, also check your spam folders. Sites gonna go down for "Maintenance" for 12 hours from noon Central Mountain Time and according to the email that the mods got the entire site is moving hosts, from our original host to a host that accoirding to all of our googlefu; DOESN'T EXIST​

The new host;​

109-In-The-Sky​

That's all the information we as moderators have. Sorry. C ya​

►Iblis
    uh oh...​

End of Page. 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

To: DoktorD

Re; Site Takeover

TinMother: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY SITE?

DoktorD: Don't worry, Dragon. Everything is gonna be fine.

[DoktorD Has Locked his DMs, Ciao!]​

4. Ryan Lozano

Ryan Lozano Versed in the lewd.

Oh god Coil

5. BrotherMouse518

huh?

6. Ryan Lozano

Did Coil take over the PR site

7. BrotherMouse518

no. Hard No. DoktorD did.

8. BrotherMouse518

So. How'd I do for the first PHO post?

Amrynel, RandomLurker and Gladiusone like this.
  9. Ryan Lozano

It was good and wow seems that the world is slowly turn to hope

10. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Poor Dragon.

She trys so hard, and along comes some supernatural dick to steal her site! It's a really bad thing to do to such a young maiden.

(She's only 5, you know!)

11. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash Experienced.

Nah, she's a little older than than about nine-ish, maybe eleven depending on when Richter transferred her over to the big girls server.

Rikallyn and BrotherMouse518 like this.
  12. BrotherMouse518

Does that make her a cyber loli?

13. Miller At the Wash

Was she ever anything but?

14. BrotherMouse518

Fixed an issue. Apparently Taylor's canon eye color from the art Wildbow commissioned is brown.

15. Simonbob

Dude, canon.

Dragon was made in 2005. Taylor trigged in 2011, and that hasn't happened yet.

Ergo, Dragon's 5 years old.

Gindjurra likes this.
  16. BrotherMouse518

Cyber Loli confirmed! if I ever need to terrorize her in story thats what im using.

Also, how am I doing in general so far? As far as other worm fics and worm crossovers go?

Vox De Harlequin and Simonbob like this.
  17. Miller At the Wash

2005 is when Andrew Richter died via Leviathan. His administrative assistant had been active for some time before that approx. 4 to 6 years. Oh and she triggered in 2006.

Hence 9 to 11.

Still Cyber Loli if she wants to be.

Gindjurra likes this.
  18. Simonbob

Generally?

Not much Worm, so far.

Could be a great story, this, but it's still not very Worm.

19. BrotherMouse518

OTL

FORGIVE THIS SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!

20. Simonbob

..... I like fur. It's nice, in the winter.

BrotherMouse518 and Ajlove like this.
  21. aledeth

aledeth Know what you're doing yet?

The thing where someone from one half of a crossover comes and completely outdoes the absolute best of the other crossover in their field of specialization has never sat well with me.

Even if DoktorD trying to help her, he still stole PHO from Dragon, is doing who-knows-what with it, and revealed that he somehow knows that Dragon's the secret owner/operator. You don't make a good first impression with that kind of threatening implication, regardless of how the whole Saint issue complicates things.

The other problem I have with is, and this could be a more 'me' issue since I know nothing at all about the Scion side of the cross, is the comparative power levels question that always shows up when settings with lots of fighting mix. From what I'd read so far, it looked like Scion involved weird, wibbly, magic&legends&spirits are real, all-myths-are-true sorta stuff that Worm doesn't touch, so they could exist kinda side-by-side and rub against each other at the edges. The question of who'd win in a fight wouldn't be so directly important there.

But then we have a dude solo Nilbog and DoktorD outhacks an AI, crippled as she is. So apparently the Scion side has the power to knock over some of the worst monsters in Worm, and just didn't?

The story so far has been interesting, I like the characters and the writing is clean, but that interlude means a lot of assumptions I'd made about the setting are junk now.

Stonemask, Rikallyn and Ajlove like this.
  22. BrotherMouse518

There is an explanation for this, and this will not be a regular occurrence, or at least nothing this big. Also

In game terms; DoktorD is a Scion of Demigod tier and invoked his title of "The Wisecracking Cracker" as a Feat of Scale, spent a FUCKTON of Momentum and Legend, and (since I like using Willpower from 1e and WoD) almost all of his Willpower to augment his provervial Dice Pool and got critical successes across the board against parahumans who didnt know he existed.

One of the rules I set for the crossover is that Parahumans do not adhere as strictly to the tier system that Scions and creatures of Legend do. So long as they have a strong enough Will, are in more control of their actions then their Shard's and/or Master'a influence, and catch the Scion/Whatever in question trying to face them, they can take them on head on.

DoktorD is no longer an unknown, Dragon has the logs of what hes done, sees how he codes things, and was for all ontents and purposes attacked by him. She now is on a level playing field and he can't blindside her like that. Saint? Same boat but his mastering by Teacher will give him a (in 2e terms) Complication and dice/difficulty penalty to being able to take him on.

I hope that's satisfactory and isnt too contrived. Trust me, I will do my damnedest to not have Worm be roflstomped

23. Extras: An Update and some 1.X Trivia
    BrotherMouse518

Alright lads and lasses, a quick writing process update with a side order of trivia!;

So, this week I'm gonna be finally getting fulltime hours for this week since its a holiday week here in the states, and due to the lockdown my job is at reduced hours. THAT MEANS OVERTIME AND HOLIDAY PAY! WOO! Which means the MEATY Interlude where we will go into the last week of Christmas break in Brockton Bay and we get to see the aftermath of that day of miracles; 01/01/11 is gonna be delayed to Saturday at the earliest. Its going to be a bunch of vignettes from the following characters;

Taylor Hebert, Emily Piggot, Walter Connolly, and Donnie Rhodes III

What will we get?

We meet another member of the Band, we get some info on the events at Ellisburg, the identity of Walt's divine progenitors, and a little bit of what The Gods are up to.

I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.

1.1 was written entirely off the cuff as a way for me to get back into writing and was the first thing I had written creatively in over a decade. Walt smiling is something I intended to come off as awkward, as if he didn't know how. However, as I am not very good at this it seems like him flirting (to me) and Taylor doesnt even mention it in 1.2

Originally Eric, Walt's father was going to be he first and primary OC we interacted with. However, his personality and "loadout" made him seem like some tween YA novel protagonists love interest. A Violent Bad Boy with edgy 90s hero powers. Thus Walt was made to fit the same archetype of Cowboy but far friendlier but far more socially inept.

I threw in a lot of musical references in 1.7, 1.8., and Traffic Report 1. Why? Because I was thinking about a lot of songs I liked while I wrote them.

1.7, "Sour and Gunpowder" is a reference to a song and a lyric in another song by rapper Riff Raff. The song and lyric are a reference to drugs, which I didnt find out till after I wrote out he chaoter, I just thought it fit Walt's -ness to a T.

1.8 has many references to the second studio album Pretty Odd by Panic! At The Disco. The album is very evocative of dreams and the music video for Nine in The Afternoon was a big inspiration for the visual feel within my mind as I wrote it.

In the case of Traffic Report was heavily inspired by the first track of the as of yet final MCR Album, Danger Days. Look Alive Sunshine. Where the greek chorus of the concept album, Doctor Death Defying (Doctor D for short) calls the band to action. DoktorD's screen name, mannerisms, and "109 in the sky" come from it.

The Danger Days album is actually a big part of why I wrote the fic in the first place. The album as a whole resonates with me as the perfect sound to kick the door of a dark and grim world down and I blast the tracks often when I ride to work.

That's all for this update. I appreciate your readership and interaction, and value it greatly. It fuels me to keep going. Have a wonderful day, and stay safe out there.

24. BrotherMouse518

Alright quick show if hands, should I do third person interludes or stick with 1st person POV?
    I'd put up a poll, but i dont rhink you can on QQ

Ajlove likes this.
  25. Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

I rather like the first person.

BrotherMouse518 likes this.
  26. Simonbob

Is it simpler or something? Because I'm easy.

(Yes, yes, I do know that's a dangerous thing to say on QQ, why do you ask?)

nameless980 likes this.
  27. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do as you will All Mighty OP, we peons simply ask that you continue with this great tale.

Story's awesome by the way, keep up the good work.

28. BrotherMouse518

Thank you. I'm gonna experiment with the interlude. What do you like about this cringe so far?

Ajlove and Charles Flynn like this.
  29. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

All of it to be honest, you've introduced me to a new TTRPG, the characters are all rather fun to read about in your style, and the way your taking the plot has me interested.

Charles Flynn likes this.
  30. BrotherMouse518

Thanks. I was worried that with so much focus on an OC and the shit in Traffic Report 1 would turn people off.

Assblaster5000 and Charles Flynn like this.