1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Saved History (Fate/Grand Order SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Charles Flynn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Potates

Potates Degenerate Spud

Who the hell goes into Roman's office? It probably smells. For the latter, was that ever shown in story? I don't remember it and a quick breeze through the thread didn't show it.

2. Charles Flynn

Charles Flynn I trust you know where the happy button is?

It happened offscreen. Flynn isn't omniscient, and he doesn't relate everything.

Not to mention, he's not exactly the most social person. He just filed the play under "typical Chaldean weirdness" and didn't go.

3. Potates

Potates Degenerate Spud

Aw. I wanted to see it. If only see Galahad fuming helplessly inside Mash as Shakespeare makes creative changes.

4. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

C147+Interlude Gil: Chaldea is a bit more fragile than I expected. Very Well! Servants go forth and nudge Chaldea into saving Uruk and all My Subjects(Humanity et all)! Without Us (and us them but my pride precludes that possibility) they are doomed.

C152 Gil: ... They didn't need me? They have what they needed, Kingu ( what was left of my friend :() is Dead, and Uruk Needs their help. ....I could have done Better couldn't I have? Is This how Other people feel? ....I ... I can do Better?! How very strange....

5. Tobi

Tobi Well worn.

This is why Caster Gilgamesh is the best version, he can actually admit he fucked up. I’ve been waiting for this chapter and it was worth the wait.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So let's recap what happened here.

Medea insulted Charlie.

Charlie felt like a piece of shit.

We found out that the staff at Chaldea is okay with using objects with godlike power as ordinary objects, giving Gilgamesh a run for his money when it comes to using NB's as luxury goods, like his beer cup.

We also saw a humble Gil.

All in all a very interesting chapter.

Glad you're back, was almost worried you dropped this story.

7. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

This whole thing. :D Just...this whole thing is worth the chapter on it's own. I have to say, watching Charlie being friendly with the "evil" themed Servants is just heartwarming.

And then you go and top it off even further! XD

And this is how we know Gilgamesh is still Gilgamesh.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yes, yes it is.

We may have had to wait for this chapter, but it was worth it.

Once a douche, always a douche, even if it's only slightly less douchy.

9. EVA-Saiyajin

EVA-Saiyajin Connoisseur.

And now the next bit we're looking forward to: Merlin, Charlie and Galahad.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This shall be glorious.

And most likely traumatizing.

11. K70Amam()to

K70Amam()to Legion of Badassitude Member #24601-Coom Raider

he has more of his prototype's plus caster characterization mayhaps?

12. Luciel Ars

Luciel Ars I trust you know where the happy button is?

I forgot prototype was a thing.

Yeah, if this Gil is influenced by the prototype mama's boy ver. of Gil then I can see it making sense.

Darko likes this.
  13. Luciel Ars

Luciel Ars I trust you know where the happy button is?

Mushashi ate Udon from grail to get world-hopping and immortality for it. (it was part of fgo canon I believe.)
    Will Charlie be offered a Grail full of beer by Gil for saving Uruk? Will he drink it? Will he get any Speshul Powahs for it?

BTW Mash drank a Grail full of root beer; why hasn't the other shoe fallen yet? Is her body fine?

14. Charles Flynn

Flynn used the Grail to summon a bottle of root beer. He also made sure to direct her to Roman just to make sure there weren't any ill effects on her health.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well it could go several ways.

On one hand he and Gil may dislike each other so much by the end of this that Gil doesn't give him holy beer.

On the other hand he may give him some.

As for powers, well maybe Charlie will get the ability to conjure booze anytime he wants.

The Celtic Servants are going to love him after that.

16. EVA-Saiyajin

It'll be fun seeing these personalities clash.

Galahad with his view on pagan religions and Merlin's bad habits, Merlin's infuriating character in general, and Charlie at the ridiculous gamble Merlin took with Cath Palug.

17. Threadmarks: Interlude: Gorgon
    Charles Flynn

The ground rubs pleasantly against my scales as I slither towards the wall. My children swarm the walls, dragging the worthless humans down to their doom.

The time for this farce has passed. Kingu has been missing for over a week, and I must find him.

I can hear the worthless meat begin to scream and quaver as I draw nearer. Good. It is right that they should fear. After all, I am the mighty Gorgon Tiamat. My hatred for them bubbles up within my chest, and I find myself smiling widely at the carnage I’m about to wreak upon them. A series of useless tripwires go off, launching tiny darts that cut shallow grooves into my flesh, centered around my chest. They do nothing, and I dismiss the tingling numbness I feel around the wounds as I fix my petrifying gaze onto the little ants scurrying about atop the wall.

They will suffer. They will all suffer for trapping me on that goddamn rock LEAVING ME! They will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that all their struggles have been for naught, as they gaze upon their doom, and-

“YEW BOW!”

Suddenly, I’m flat on my back, my ears ringing as I try to parse together what the hell just happened. Then the pain hits, and I stare down at the bloody, mangled remains of my chest.

Did they-? The pain stops my train of thought with an affirmative yes. It’s mind-numbing. A searing wave of agony that makes me want to just curl up into a little ball and cry.

But, louder than the pain, is the fury. The red rage that dances behind my eyes, begging me to burn the world. Because THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS JUST BLEW UP MY TITS! THEY DIE! THEY DIE SLOWLY, AND PAINFULLY, SUBJECTED TO EVERY LAST TORTURE I KNOW!

A red-haired man dressed in green steps up to the corner of the wall, grimaces, and then cups his hands to shout at me. “Vile Gorgon! Know that your defeat on this battlefield has been the sole working of ME! The one and only Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest, a proud Servant of Chaldea, and your avowed enemy. As you flee, to slither down amongst the dark and forgotten places of the world, and relish the eternal shame of your defeat, know that it was I and only I-“

That’s all he gets out before I lunge at him, sinking my hands into the wall’s stonework so I can climb my way up. He turns tail and runs as fast as his pathetic human legs will take him, but I dog his steps.

Almost there, he’s ALMOST WITHIN MY REACH! I can feel my eyes beginning to overwhelm this whelp of a Servant’s Magic Resistance, but whenever he starts slowing down, he always somehow manages to duck out of my sight for just long enough for my hard work to be undone!

I’m chasing him through a forest, which is really impeding my line of sight, and those traps of his are dogging my steps like biting insects, constantly biting into me. Unlike before, they don’t seem to slow me. Instead, I feel a burning, incandescent fury, igniting my inner fires and driving me to strike faster and harder!

MY RAGE CONSUMES ALL!

PANDAMONIUM CEEEEEETTTTTUUUUUUUSSS!”

Yes.

I groan in exultation, at irritating pest’s demise. The rage still lingers, though, strengthening my very being, piercing my core. I feel it growing, consuming me!

“Well done, Lady Gorgon!” an unfamiliar voice says, and I turn to find a scruffy-looking man in a white uniform of some kind pointing dramatically at me. “You really showed him what-for.”

I frown, my mind working through the growing haze of irrational fury. Wait. That’s the Master of Chaldea! Kingu told me about him!

As I tense my body for a leap, he points at me dramatically with his other hand. “Now, before you do anything drastic, I just want you to know… I HAVE A CAT IN MY ARM!”

“What?” I ask, staring at him confusion. Even the red rage smothering my mind can’t drown out how utterly baffled I am right now.

“His name is Mr. Fluffington the Third. He is a calico!” the idiot rattles off proudly, holding his arm up for me to inspect. “If you stop trying to destroy humanity, I’ll let you pet him.”

That one, solitary, incarnation of all earthly stupidity disguised as a sentence does what Gilagmesh’s Absolute Demonic Front couldn’t: It stops me dead in my tracks. I stare at him in stunned silence for a moment, and then state the obvious. “You’re insane.”

“No, I’m in Babylon. I’m not sure how you got those two confused.”

I activate my Mystic Eyes and prepare to turn him into a mentally ill lawn ornament, when I feel a pinch on the back of my neck.

“RULE BREAKER!”

And, suddenly, the world dissolves into fractals of reality, as I remember just who I truly am.

I… am Gorgon. Not Tiamat. AND IHATEHERIHATEHIMIHATEHATEHATEHATE-

I lunge forwards, the fire coursing through my blood urging me to MAIMRIPTEARDESTROY until they’re-

“YEW BOW!”

18. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

So, does the removal of Tiamat's authority via rule breaker mean that Dragon-mama doesn't get woken up by Gorgon's death?

19. Charles Flynn

Yep.

20. EVA-Saiyajin

Well...that’s a thing. Good thing there was a forest around for Robin Hood...but it absolutely SUUUUUUCKS that you skipped the meeting with Merlin.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I was honestly hoping that Fou came back when he mentioned a cat.

Still sad.

At least it wasn't a jellicle cat.

I am sorry if I reminded you of the movie Cats.

We may get to see them interact when they're about to leave.

22. Threadmarks: Chapter 153
    Charles Flynn

I can see the explosion from where I’m standing.

Enemy terminated, Master.’ Robin sends over the mental link.

Excellent. How’d Yan do as my body double?

Eh. He hammed it up a bit, but otherwise, he kept things smoothly on the rails. Took my place as Gorgon’s target seamlessly when the Berserker Toxin kicked in, then switched disguises to your appearance when she used that Noble Phantasm of yours. Did a good job of distracting her, all in all.

So, passing grade?

Yes.

I turn to Gilgamesh, who’s watching me appraisingly. “Your majesty, Gorgon has had her connection to Tiamat severed, and been terminated, as per our agreement.”

“So I can see.”

“Has this succeeded in lulling Tiamat to sleep?”

“Yes.” He sighs, and then tosses Galahad the Grail. “And now you’ll leave, abandoning us to deal with the last two remaining members of the Alliance.”

It isn’t a question.

“I’m not surprised that you knew,” I say with a nod. “They’re well within your capabilities, and SHEBA predicts that you’ll succeed in resolving the Singularity on your own, now that we’ve lulled the Primordial Mother back to sleep.”

“And so you’re running.”

“We need time to recover the resources expended in this Singularity, and prepare for Solomon’s next move. This is the most efficient move to accomplish that.”

“And the people of Uruk? What of my people? The ones who would have survived if you had stayed?” Gilgamesh glares at me, his eyes harsh and accusing.

“Uruk is your responsibility, King Gilgamesh. Reversing the Incineration is ours.” I resolutely beat down the shredded fragments of whatever compassion and decency I may have once possessed, as they scream for me to stay, to help my fellow man, to be the hero.

He laughs. “I should be furious with you. But then, I doubt I could ever hate you as much as you do.”

I wince. Oh, he’s going to make this personal.

“That’s-“

“How does it feel, Flynn, to betray every ideal you’ve ever had, all because you’re too scared to try and imitate the heroes you so admire? How does it feel to-“

I punch him, and then promptly begin jumping around waving my now-broken hand. He just laughs.

“Goodbye, Master of Chaldea. I’ll wish you neither weal nor woe, since you’re too broken to be admired, and too pathetic to be hated.”

Merlin bursts past him as he strolls out of the clearing, leaving me shaking as I stare at his back.

“Oh, thank God! Listen, I’ve been trying to get a word with you, but you kept dodging me! Listen, whatever you do, you can’t-“

The Rayshift bears us away before he can finish that sentence.

23. EVA-Saiyajin

Damn, that was a missed opportunity to say something like “Yet, I still have friends. Do you?”

His tongue is his greatest asset and he missed an opportunity to use it to poke at Gil's greatest failure.

24. Charles Flynn

Gil hit a little too close to home with his parting shots.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Pretty sure Gil would crush his skull if he said that.

Oh and, how dare you leave out any interactions with the dick wizard!?

And giving Yan a passing grade?

Pretty sure he deserves an A++ for that.

26. EVA-Saiyajin

Well yeah, but...he did it to Ozymandias.

27. Nadassar

Nadassar Making the rounds.

Wasn`t Yan killed by Kingu while he was infiltrating Quetz`s village?

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ozy also didn't exactly have Gilgamesh level of being pissed off when someone offends him.

Plus Charlie may have wanted to not chance it again.

I don't remember that happening, but if it did they could have just summoned him back.

29. Charles Flynn

Yeah. They resummoned him back in Chaldea using one of Flynn's Command Spells.

Death is cheap for Servants, especially considering how they're basically undead.

30. Doctor Blood

Doctor Blood The horror! The horror! Moderator

80/20 Merlin's doing it for the lulz vs trying to get a message across. Actually, what am I talking about - Merlin's definitely doing this so that Charlie stays up all night in worry as petty revenge for ducking out on him the entire time they were in Babylonia.
    Gil drops some pretty heavy lines here. I'm sure this won't have repercussions.