1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

rocket501, Anonnermus, Velk and 2 others like this.
  2. LuxStella

LuxStella Know what you're doing yet?

Am I the only one that is sitting on CP77 for now? I played W3 after it got GOTY, I'd rather playit multiple times on a filled up game than the current one even if I can play it in a year? Alsoo waiting for not just the gargantuan amount of mods that will surely flood the workshops but the real prize being the Loverslab mods, so I can literally dick around as a futa Primarch.

doomlord9, wayne82444 and Jace Spicer like this.
  3. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Lol, I'm taking a break just because I beat it and spent 50 hours already in it. I just want to wait on mods and shit to come in also looking forward to some more hair mods.

4. LuxStella

LuxStella Know what you're doing yet?

It only takes 50 hours to beat it? Where are the side quests then? Is it all included 50 hours?

5. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Oh no I spent quite a bit of time on side quests, theres like a shit ton of stuff, I just sped run myself through the story . I havent even done the other path or so.

LuxStella likes this.
  6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Playing Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, and man is it taking me back to play an FPS without regenerating health.

Renko and wayne82444 like this.
  7. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Berserk869, Imabot and Velk like this.
  8. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

Considering the fact that I wouldn't be surprised if Sony soon started insisting that using the term "holy" is enough to bar a game from release? Yeah, I would be looking for a less restrictive platform, too.

Imabot and Velk like this.
  9. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

So, 2ish days of playing Cyberpunk in.

Aside from a few crashes there isn't many issues that I notice *I've seen some of the graphics problems but most of the time I am running around murdering and speed looting while more people try to kill me, so I don't notice the faces of NPCs that often*

The image of a wackjob with a helmet and oni mask jumping out of nowhere and causing everyone's brains to fry while beating them to death with fists and/or a baseball bat is amusing in a dark way.

I have gotten into a cycle of HACK EVERYONE, beat them to death with the bat or fists, jump into cover and start running around while throwing grenades from the Engineering skill tree, and then hacking more.

The NPC goons yelling "What the fuck is wrong with you" is fairly accurate

Sinnerlust, Imabot and Velk like this.
  10. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, I said teased, but it's been confirmed the same day. Japan is getting it the 24th this month.

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  11. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Welcome back to the days of porting stuff for the SNES. Tons of overtly religious elements in JP games were censored for delicate NA and EU audiences.

12. Hunter 1

Hunter 1 Know what you're doing yet?

What do you think I was referencing with my last post? ;-)

(For anyone who doesn't get it, look up what the "White" spell in NES/SNES localized Final Fantasy games was called in Japanese, and is usually named in the localized versions today.)

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  13. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom BEST END.

Starsector players might find this one a bit funny:

[​IMG]

(I made some rather substantial - and, shall we say, ahistorical - edits to the loadout, but no mods and no cheating were used.)

14. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Where are you Hotfix 1.5...

Got a crash during the middle of the hotel heist. After killing security forces with these fucking plinkers. The SMGs they give you to start out, eugh. Can't hit shit. Unloaded a whole clip, mostly in bursts and singles, and didn't get a single hit. Crosshair right over him, too. Fortunately one of them has a handgun you can steal after a bit, much more accurate.

But that bit hiding behind the TV had my heart pounding. Damn.

Imabot likes this.
  15. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

I was fucking terrified they would see me and then we would have to run away like crazy bastards or some shit. With that big fuck all dude chasing us.

16. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

That big motherfucker that makes Vader look like a bitch is none other than Adam Smasher and a very good reason why Jackie was ready to piss himself. Smasher is a bona fide psychopath even before he underwent full cyborg conversion and used in any sort of Arasaka operation where collateral damage and civilian casualties are considered to be minor write offs. The last time we saw him was fifty years ago in the Fourth Corporate War having his long awaited duel with Morgan Blackhand atop Arasaka Tower right when it was nuked, but if he survived that is not good in the least. Looks like we are going to personally find out if Metal is better than Meat...

17. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

The worst thing is that he knew we were behind the tv

18. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Have you beaten the game already or still playing through it?

19. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Wait are you serious? Holy fuck

Evillevi likes this.
  20. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Still playing, but read up on the lore thanks to the Cyberpunk 2020 player's manual that came with the game. The only major lore character that has not appeared in the game other than references is Morgan Blackhand, the "Solo's Solo," or as he has been more recently compared to, Cyberpunk's John Wick. Hopefully if the current troubles don't wind up flatlining any DLC/Expansions, we can have a plotline around Morgan and Adam Smasher's rivaly.

Imabot and Jace Spicer like this.
  21. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

What playstyle have you been using so far? I liked stealth hacking and pistols most often with a dash of snipers.

22. Evillevi

Evillevi Shadow Pika!

Tech to get overpowered gun first time around via crafting.

2nd run, Smart pistol using headshots and Cold blood to massively snowball.

23. Anonnermus

Anonnermus UnDedicated Lurker

Started with pistols, blades, stealth (and a few thrown knives before finding out how onerous playing that way would be) and my piddly 3 Body, no perks fists.

Then I found Legendary Ping, which has a passive bonus allowing me to track - and hack! - tagged targets through walls and Widow Maker, the iconic Tech Precision Rifle. So I started shooting and hacking fools from outside the building/through the roof/from a street+ over.

Legendary quickhacks have some sweet passive bonuses attached to them that'll change things up for you. I'd like to try Berserk/Sandevistan but don't really want to give up the cyberdeck.

Then I got my hands on Johnny's sweet Power/Tech Pistol with the unique quick melee and started using that for everything. Thing's great!

24. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

So I haven’t had a computer for well over a year. Is there anything must buy in the Winter Steam Sale?

25. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

You know the scene where you wash your face after shit goes wrong?

I can't get past it. Even on the lowest settings it crashes. May uninstall for a month or so, let them get some bugfixes in.

Also: Laughing at these idiots claiming it'll crash the studio. New Vegas was still buggier than this for a long time and Bethesda... well, they were fine until Fallout 76, but that was so much more than just the bugs.

I'd personally say they need to let the modding community have it and then just steal their bugfix patches. They cleaned up New Vegas.

Anonnermus likes this.
  26. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

As in it crashes in the bathroom only? Did you try not going to bathroom? Yes it's a option. Same end but at least

27. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Huh. I'll have to try that. Still I have frequent crashes just from going to my inventory, so I think I'll hang it up for a few updates.

28. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

I dont blame you if you decide to do that because it does makes sense to wait, I was planning on waiting in general just for QoL stuff and more stable updates. Also just mods in general.

Hunter 1 likes this.
  29. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

30. Erwidze

Erwidze Not too sore, are you?

So I kinda abandoned Arknights about two weeks ago in favor of Genshin, and yesterday decided to log in just to spend some of the currency I had lying around on the limited banner. I didn’t expect anything, really, the chance of limited char(W) is 2%.

My first free ten-roll? I get a W.

Second one? Another W.

A few one-rolls later, another one.

Did I just spend all my luck here? Or is it a sign from the RNGesus himself that everything will be alright? :V