1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. happydeath

happydeath (Verified Nihilist)

Aren't 90's Iron Man, Fantastic Four, and Incredible Hulk in a different universe than 90's X-Men and Spiderman?

Edit: Yes they are according to the wiki, Earth-534834 for Iron-Man et. al and Earth-92131 for X-Men/Spiderman.

2. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

I believe it was for favors and promises of repayment or services.

So in reality social credit existed long before coinage.

3. Sordid Snake

Sordid Snake (Verified Viper)

One day people will look at that like people now look at Lana Lang's stint as "Insect Queen".

moralrelativity and CTrees like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Huh. I did not know that. I'm just going to assume that either the stuff with Captain America happened after the Beyonder stuff, or that Captain America was actually John Walker or something.

5. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Once 90s X-men Paul has some control over the ring, healing Xavier's spine would be light work. Now that would be something butterflies.

6. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Depending on if he'd even accept it, anyway.

Xmaster3000 and moralrelativity like this.
  7. Mr Zoat

I don't know about that. Given that Xavier regained the ability to walk just by being in the Savage Lands, I don't think he's paralysed by anything as simple as a spinal injury.

8. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

He's been replaced by Nick Jr who is basically black fury.

IIRC Jackson being in the MCU movies was his condition for letting them use his likeness in the comics.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Savage Land has always been weird, so somehow it having healing properties isn't that weird and it may have just been a spinal injury.

And maybe like his paragon counterpart this version may be hesitant to heal mutants due to their unusual biology worrying him that he may damage them somehow.

Though if Xavier has data on the X-Gene then maybe he'll manage it.

10. Mr Zoat

No, it was just a big machine Mr. Sinister built.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I thought you were making a comic reference.

moralrelativity likes this.
  12. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

A person with power enough to level New York in a matter of minutes that has a dire need of control issues and an X-gene needs help just as much as someone with the same but from any other source for there powers.

Heh. With a Orange Lantern making the X-Men his in group the mansion only need to be attacked and destroyed and it's kids enslaved to ________ once for everyone to learn their lesson.

moralrelativity, Ardy, Vorian and 4 others like this.
  13. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Fingers crossed this is going to lead to Charles being inspired to eventually include other superpowered youths that need training and who aren't mutants! Down with superhuman segregation!

14. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

If Xavier expressed those negative traits, they wouldn't be repressed.

Xmaster3000 and moralrelativity like this.
  15. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

But being in the Savage Land was a special occasion. Hell with the craziness of the Savage Land you could say it was magic that allowed Charles mobility when he was there. If Paul has enough control to heal Xavier, then that's good for his life everywhere else.

On a side note given this is early 90s comic book technology, it would be hilarious for Paul to hack Master Mold and totally remove the whole X-men vs mass Sentinel battle.

16. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

As a Hulk fan as a kid, this show made me so happy.

17. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Ahh yeah, you know I just have to do it.

And for bonus lulz the Japanese Butt Rock version.

18. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Since when have we had a jager in the crowd?

In that case, "tuition" should be "tutoring" or maybe "tutelage" if they're feeling fancy.

19. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Huh.

Honestly showing up in the marvel verse at this point, I'd have guessed he's have called the x-mansion for Beast, rather then the Professor.

Multi-discipline Scientist types with experience in the Bizarre being rather thin on the ground, and honestly Dr McCoy has better people skills then Richards or Pym. Doom would be a 'last ditch' call. And Tony's a bit of a risk depending if he's on the wagon or not.

Most x-men teams have done some universe/time hopping (the 90's folks not so much, not counting Mojo, Bishop and Cable), so they'd be a pretty good place to start looking for 'how the heck did I end up here?' questions answered.

...Actually...Paul's a Brit....Brian Braddock aka 'Captain Britain' would be the best place to check in with. His whole Shtick was multiversal BS.

*pokes around*

Yup...he IS in the X-men animated series (briefly) and his sister Psylocke hangs around a bit later on.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  20. Aelyx

Aelyx It is I, Q, who are you?

I can imagine the wholesome goodness he could get up to in that time period or the lewdness of holding hands with Rogue.

Cuchulin, Ardy, BBJimmy and 2 others like this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Xavier has more experience with helping people with their powers, so Braddock and Beast may not be all that much help in helping him master his abilities.

Beast may be of some help, but still less than the professor in helping with the powers thing.

22. PrinceJonathan

There's always at least one jager in every crowd.

Cuchulin, RichardWhereat and nobodez like this.
  23. Doccer

Having a cigar in his mouth smoking up a storm cloud use to be as much an iconic part of his look as the blue white uniform and eye patch.

Cuchulin and RichardWhereat like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know that now.

There was also a comic in which he smoked a cigar in a space suit.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Doccer

Dial (a character from DesertChocolate fic) did a thing with showing various versions of the movie's Avengers and there's a bit with Samuel Jackson's Fury wondering who the old white dude is till he sees the eye patch. It was hilarious but I kinda wish he pointed out that black Furys is a relatively new part of the Multiverse but all Furys have an eye patch and is Shield's Director, but all white Furys smoke cigars like all the time. And then showed a scene if the cigar getting shot out of his mouth just for Fury to take the time to spit out what was left and replace it. Don't know if that ever happened in any of the media but I'd be shocked if it didn't.

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  26. PrinceJonathan

I can't help but picture someone taking Nick's cigar and he just rolls his tongue along the inside of his mouth and pushes out a new cigar and lights it. Like you know how super spies are always swallowing keys, lockpicks, or other small objects to help them escape in the event of capture? Instead of keys, Nick's just swallows a bunch of cigars and coughs them up whenever he needs one.

27. Mr Zoat

That's what the word 'tuition' means. 'Teaching or instruction, especially of individual pupils or small groups.'
    The Brood were in about two episodes. Why are they the entire opening?
    The problem is, with no memory of this series he's working on limited comics knowledge, the films, X-Men Evolution and half-remembered wiki articles. Everything else is what he learned in the setting. Charles Xavier has a doctorate in genetics, has done substantial work with mutants and runs and owns the school. Henry McCoy has a doctorate in physics.

What the SI knows about Captain Britain is that he exists.
    Hand holding starts tomorrow. Eating cake off each other about a week later.

28. Aelyx

That's like Julian's superpower in how he never spills his drink.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  29. Mr Zoat

[​IMG]

30. Aelyx

I imagine he could pay them in refined ores from asteroids once he stabilizes himself, I imagine Xavier and McCoy would be ecstatic to have those sort of resources to work with. Even if his pockets seemed to be endless in the comics and shows.

RamiroGalletti likes this.