1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ChestBurster

ChestBurster Getting sticky.

Nice. I'll check it out but I'm afraid of TvTropes now because of how much it grips your mind and forces you to go on an information binge. So many hours, so little days left.

Oh and the story I'll check it out thanks for the reply. : )

Edit: I just came back and I realized that I'm still bad at directions. Where can I find In Praise of Eros?

Edit: Sorry stupid mobile not showing me your signature links was the problem.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

[Looks at ChestBurster]

[Looks at his own signature]

[Looks at ChestBurster]

[Raises eyebrow]

3. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

He's sure to be shocked to see what other versions of him are like if he take a peek into Paul's mind though.

Even more so if he should find out he's likely a father to omega-leval mutant with DID, who hopefully only has just the three initial personalities rather than the hundreds he gained in the comics.

PAUL: I'd recommend getting a hold of and using the Mind and Soul Gems for this one if you want to make sure he's permanently sane and whole.

ChestBurster, Ngamer11, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  4. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

He has an 18 year old body or 21 at best.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here it is.

ChestBurster likes this.
  6. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

I'll be honest, I've always been sympathetic to Rogue's plight, up until they get their hands on inhibitor collars. You'd think Rogue would have saved at least one, or at least grab a whole bunch of broken ones, handed them over to her tech-friends, tell them to add an on-off switch(or perhaps voice commands or easy breakability) and give it a more aesthetically pleasing casing so that she could "hide" it as jewelry(maybe a necklace or choker, or maybe an armband) or something. Because with one of those, her problems with touching people in non-combat scenarios are completely solved.

The technology exists to solve the problems mutants like Rogue and Cyclops have with turning their powers "off", the fact that said technology was invented by assholes for asshole purposes shouldn't keep them from making use of the technology themselves.

7. DeathlessProficiency

DeathlessProficiency Know what you're doing yet?

GIVE ROGUE SNOO SNOO

ChestBurster and Impartial Panic like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Unfortunately, the SI doesn't know anything like enough about Marvel to do most of the somewhat-logical things that might be suggested. The Professor would see roughly two versions of himself: Patrick Stewart, who he'd probably recognise, and the X-Men Evolution version.

Similarly, the SI knows that the Infinity Gems are macguffins that Thanos likes, but that's about it.
    I'd guess that their creator designed them to be unhelpful.

9. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I suppose after MODOK it's not the most egregious thing but seriously, what the fuck.

10. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I hate to point it out, but the fact is, almost all of Rogue's various relationships revolve around people she could actually touch.

I recall a universe where she was with Magento, a man old enough to be her grandfather or great-grandfather, because she had absorbed Magnetic powers instead of Ms. Marvel's and thus they could touch because Super powered reasons.

Being blunt....Rogue is an extremely attractive, comic book curvy woman who can't fuck. The physiological issues of never been able to touch another living creature without possibly killing it take their toll. Even if he went completely friend-zoned by his own choice. There is a damn good chance (Because it's happened canonically) that she's show up in tears, begging him to do it so she can have one fucking night of feeling like a normal human being.

Yeah, he'd be a glorified dildo. But one she could talk romantically to, gaze into his eyes, and get everything she has always believed she can never have. I mean, if you really want to get into the horror of Rogue, she could get pregnant...and end up killing the child inside of her if her powers turn on it.

Knowing Rogue....MarPaul isn't going to take advantage of her, she's going to take advantage of him. Former villain remember?

Anne Marie last I knew.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  11. Aelyx

Aelyx It is I, Q, who are you?

This guy wouldn't be out of place in 40K.

Vorian, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  12. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Gift economy. Which is more accurately described as a 'favor economy'; rather than compensate people they just gave stuff when asked, and kept an amorphous mental tally of who'd done favors for who recently. And, as mentioned, a lot less was considered to be owned by specific people rather than the tribe/clan.

It is a lovely day in the Xavier Institute, and you are a horrible goose-brain.

Cuchulin, Ardy, nobodez and 2 others like this.
  13. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

I figure Paul would be a part-time member of the X-Men for various reasons; he's getting help from them in the form of training, he's possibly dating Rogue, he's not some intolerant ass and see how much super powers could offer in a utilitarian sort of way.

Plus I figure as far as being a part of the school's faculty he could be the groundskeeper; he can use his power ring to clean and repair the school in no time, he's likely to set up a sort of security systems to keep the students safe from outside threats, and could deal with any sort of anti-mutant sentiments with his growing reputation as a hero who not only stop villains but dealing with all sort of issues most governments can't handle.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yeah, this'll be another Madrox situation

Or serve as a cook.

Ardy likes this.
  15. Maxx Crowley

I don't know if it was ever done in canon. But if The X-institute was ever really serious about working with non-mutants, I always figured one of the best people they could hire is Peter Parker.

He is a legit teacher for one, always needs a job for second, and one that understands superheroing would be an amazing third.

Plus, if the Mansion gets attacked, a bunch of soldiers or villains would be in deep shit to run up on a Pissed off Spider-man.

Considering Peter has thumped around the entire X-team by himself on more than one occasion.

16. MagnumForce

MagnumForce Making the rounds.

Was done in canon, he thought classes at the Institute for a while a few years ago IRL: Spider-Man and the X-Men - Wikipedia

Vorian, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  17. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

18. Mr Zoat

Good news! I don't know if it's a thing in the comics or not, but in the animated series mutant powers don't work on close relatives. Cyclops and Havoc couldn't blast each other, and Banshee and Black Tom were reduced to punching each other.

19. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

How... convenient. It's almost like x-gene was engineered by some Sufficiently Advanced Alien race for some forgotten purpose.

Lord Ernest, Vorian, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  20. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Eh, very well. I suppose it's only fair that David's existence should be as much of a surprise to Paul as it undoubtedly will be for Xavier.

PAUL: ....Well, it's, uh, it's a very interesting choice of hairstyle for your son to have, Miss Haller.

GABRIELLE: That's his natural hair, actually.

PAUL: Oh! Apologies! .....it's not going to all fall out like Professor Xavier's did in his high school days, is it?

WOLVERINE: If a chainsaw can't take on THAT head of hair, the passage of Time sure ain't going to affect it either.

21. Maxx Crowley

Well, I know that historically Scott and Alex's powers don't work on one another. I don't know about Black Tom and Banshee...I've never really paid attention to them. However, Banshee's powers are sonic while Tom's operate through....some kinda of plant medium.

However, Scarlet Witch's powers work on Magneto, and vice-versa. Also nothing stopping Quicksilver from super speed Punching Both.

I....wanna say Xavier's son could attack him. But I really don't have a lot of experience with that plotline.

With Scott and Alex, back in the day both absorbed radiation of some kind a discharged it. Scott was solar, and Alex as "cosmic" or something. (This was before Scott's beams were retconned stupidly into dimensional portals from the punch dimension). So something about them being brothers had their natural absorb and release powers work hand in hand like that.

But Rogue's power is strictly absorb. Actually....come to think of it, her fetus could potentially drain her as well.

Honestly, it all would depend on what the author wanted really.

After all, as someone else mentioned. When one of Multiple-man's dupes impregnated his wife....the Real Maddox absorbed the kid on accident the second they touched.

RamiroGalletti and Vorian like this.
  22. Agent Orange

Maybe they just keep draining each other in perfect balance, never quite getting to the dangerously low charge (life force?) level?

Vorian and Ardy like this.
  23. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Sounds like a job for the SI.

He isn't a legit teacher yet in this universe, he still finishing up his education at ESU, but he could still help given that he IS a super genius that tends to get along very well with Beast and Wolverine in the comics.

24. Mr Zoat

This version of Spider-Man went to see the X-Men when he started turning into a giant spider. They were remarkably unsympathetic.

25. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Huh? That was not what Illustress ever instinctively went for before he got dedicated Lantern training. Rayguns with selfmade bullets was his go-to since the earliest of days. His only older ranged weapon was a sonuc one for a specific job.

Also, was this OL physically transformed into a hot young dude like Illustress?

26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

No.

Xavier not being able to walk is a mental block he have himself.

Is to help him trap that guy in the Astral Zone forever.

Ia also a way to.punish himself for being a terrible father and husband.

Yes Charles Xavier has a lot of self hate.

Cuchulin likes this.
  27. Agent Orange

Every (?) Orange Paul we've seen so far did it so the answer is most likely yes.

Chaoswind and Ardy like this.
  28. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Patrick Steward exists in that universe?

By the way, which cartoon is that universe based on?

29. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

That means nothing in your stories. I can start at Starfire and end at Manchester Black as examples.

Prince Charon, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  30. cereal_lurker

cereal_lurker Getting sticky.

Has the voice of the AI changed at all since his enlightenment/growing spiritual oomph? Or does it still sound like Paul Reubens?

Cuchulin likes this.