1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by burningclaw2, Jun 10, 2015.

1. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

[X] Ask Anna if she wants to beat into him for ruining their date.
    - [X] If she says no beat into him yourself using your Chi powered martial arts.

So my thoughts are to let Anna decide if she is pissed at him first to avoid having her be pissed at us if she did want to beat him down, then letting our 3 spirits decide if they want a go at Ren as a mild insult to him, before finally beating him without using any of them to show him how far he has to go. Pretty much the entire thing is meant to get him to focus his anger on actually getting stronger, instead of going around picking fights with people who way out match him.

I don't really remember Shaman King well enough to remember if he had some specific problem he needed help with at this point in time, or if he just fixated on Yoh as a rival because Yoh beat him. If he needs help with something specifically I'm sure someone will point it out or it will come up in the story. If not then he should still see Yoh as someone to train to surpass, just with less actual fighting for a while since he is nowhere near Yoh.

Edit: Took out the part where Yoh would basically insult Ren by asking his spirits if any of them wanted to beat him up.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. mannan

mannan Versed in the lewd.

I wonder how many people out their know that Yoh Asakura's spirit partners are the 3 most powerful Youkai of Japan.

3. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Pound him with one of your spirits, and which one.
    -[X] Tamamo-no-Mae

Ren's kind of a dick, but I'd rather not insult him by saying that he's not worth our time.

Derek58 likes this.
  4. Mystletainn

Mystletainn Solitary Wanderer

[X] Ask Anna if she wants to beat into him for ruining their date.
    -[x] Subtly suggest she involves our 'son' as a family bonding exercise.

True, despite he's kind of a dick, he was a good comrade in canon Shaman King.

And that's the problem, in canon. Thing is, he's not worth of this Yoh's time. If Yoh fight him seriously, he's gonna be pulverized. Either way, this Yoh not going to fight toe-to-toe with him like in canon...

EDIT :
    P.S.
    NO, I'm not insulting Ren. Remember how Yoh's dad could be considered as a strong shaman in canon? In this quest, Anna (probably) could match him, as despite her lack of skills and experience, she's FAR stronger than him. And Yoh is just flat-out riddiculous... Masochism is so OP...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Lalzparty, ryuan and AZATHOTHoth like this.
  5. Derek58

Derek58 Rocket Punch is Best Punch

We're still going to need allies for the Shaman Fight, and Ren's one of the strongest we can get.

6. mannan

mannan Versed in the lewd.

I wonder if we can have Anna join Yoh in the Shaman fights.

7. Derek58

Hmm, I'm not actually sure. I think Anna's skill is mostly focused into being an amazing Itako. I can't recall her performing a Spirit Union or Oversoul once in the entire manga, and Oversoul is mandatory for the Shaman Fight.

8. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

Le Meh.

[x]Fighting is too much of a hassle.
    -[x] Ask Tamamo to give him a hug. He looks like he needs soft and fluffyness in his life.
    --[x]If he's calmed down, ask him if he wants to hang out later.

9. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

-[X] Tamamo-no-Mae

10. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

-[X] Tamamo-no-Mae

11. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

-[X] Tamamo-no-Mae

Beat the stupid out of him first, then work on befriending the guy.

12. AZATHOTHoth

AZATHOTHoth (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

-[X] Shuten-Doji

13. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

-[X] I cast FIST! I mean Chi powered martial arts.

14. Zeromaru2

Zeromaru2 Versed in the lewd.

-[X] Tamamo-no-Mae

Thats the only one I can see

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

I don't care how he was in canon. I didn't mention anything about that. I just don't feel like insulting someone by saying that they're not worth our time, even if it's just being worth our time to crush them.

Derek58 likes this.
  16. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

I don't blame you for that. One of the reasons I am willing to insult him here is that he basically started a fight with a bunch of thugs then planned to murder one just to get Yoh's attention. Then demanded Yoh give him his spirits while completely ignoring that Yoh way outclasses him. After that I'm not feeling all that charitable towards him, hence why my vote is as much a mild insult as it is for his own benefit. That said the asking Anna first part is more so that we don't get her mad at us than it is anything about Ren.

17. Selias

Selias Well worn.

You mean the one thug that he might have been about to impale, though not necessarily kill, for trying to run him over with a car, as opposed to the dozen other thugs, who he just beat up. That's different from planning to kill someone, by the way. If you plan it, it's premeditated murder. This would have been second-degree murder. Maybe voluntary manslaughter, since the guy just tried to kill him.

Also, ignoring that Yoh outclasses him? I don't remember sensing power levels being a thing in Shaman King, and considering that Ren is supposed to be pretty powerful for his age, IIRC, I see no reason why he can't just think that Yoh got lucky.

Finally, it doesn't seem like he started the fight to get out attention, even if that's what Yoh said. It looks more like he was tracking us down, and he "damaged one of the thugs’ car because it was in his way, and because of the exhaust fumes dirtying the sky." Given that Yoh was saying it to get a rise out of Ren, I'd take it with a grain of salt, anyways.

18. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

New[X] Pound him with one of your spirits, and which one.
    -[X] Tamamo-no-Mae

19. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

Impaling someone on a halberd is likely enough to be fatal where it still counts as trying to murder him in my opinion. Past that while the thug was trying to run him over with a car yes, if you reread you will notice that the car was already destroyed first, then Ren wanted to impale him with that spear. That makes it planned, even if not well thought out. As for the one vs all of them thing, that was mostly me not thinking about what I was typing- I knew he only tried to kill the one, but typed them as opposed to one somehow anyway.

For the power levels I actually thought they could feel others furyoku in the series, if not knowing an exact amount like the readers get to. Maybe that was only feeling when they actively use it though, rather than the amount? Been years since I watched the series, so I'll admit there is a lot of stuff I might just remember wrong.

Maybe you are right and he was just trying to track Yoh down rather than starting a fight to get his attention. That was something Yoh just said to make fun of Ren after all, I could easily have taken it way to seriously. I'll consider editing my vote to take out the insult given that 2/3 of my reasoning for wanting to insult him was either wrong, or possibly something I misremembered. Going to leave in the part about asking Anna first even if I do change it though, that was in mostly since I don't want her mad at Yoh for not thinking of her.

20. Higure

Higure Witch of Faith

Furyoku: 5,331,246/5,331,246

Canon Hao has a Furyoku of 1,250,000.

We're five times stronger than he was in Canon.

I'm assuming that's not the case here, but...well, Ren's not even an individual of note here, unless he's been buffed immensely.

What I want to know is...what the hell does our QM have up his sleeve, such that he could let us get away with having these kinds of Furyoku levels?

ryuan likes this.
  21. Derek58

He did say that Hao's going to be training to get stronger, and he's still got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more experience than we do.

22. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

I'd say it's likely there are other people besides Hao who might end up powerful as Hell. I suspect this won't be entirely a cakewalk.

23. ryuan

ryuan The guy who can't write smut for shit

I just want to beat up Ren with Tamamo for dissing the Fluffy Tail.

24. Selias

Selias Well worn.

No, premeditated murder requires you to actually plan it out, not just decide to kill someone. Like, you decide how you want this person to die, and then you go out and commit said murder. Cutting someone's brake lines, for instance. Second-degree murder is something like getting in a fight, and killing the person that you were fighting. Ren wasn't in any real danger, so it'd probably be second-degree murder, though he could easily make an argument for voluntary manslaughter, given that the guy had just tried to kill him, and he hadn't previously planned to kill the guy. Also that people don't know that he has powers, and an oncoming car isn't any real danger to him.

I can agree that impaling someone is likely to be fatal, though. Just that it's not 100%, and Ren is probably skilled enough to impale someone in a place that they'd be able to survive.
    Well, it's been over a decade, since I read the manga, so it's entirely possible that they can sense power, and I just don't remember it.
    Fair enough.

As reference:

25. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

The main problem with your argument? Your trying to treat it like this is a courtroom. I'm not saying anything about premeditated murder, 2nd degree murder, ect. I'm saying he planned to kill the guy. That could be any of the 3, since it doesn't specify. For that matter it doesn't really matter, I just dislike that he plans to kill some random person that he started a fight with. Yes, you can argue that the thug trying to hit him with a car makes it ok, but personally I don't think it does. Ren had already disabled the car, then was going to kill him after that, which makes all the difference to me. The fact that the oncoming car wasn't actually any danger to him only makes it worse in my opinion.

26. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Votes Locked.

Tally Please.

27. cskey0

cskey0 Getting sticky.

I'm on my phone right now but I counted and beating Ren with Tamamo-no-Mae has won with 6 votes.

28. Threadmarks: The Power of Fluffy Tail Compels You!
    burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

You simply look at the chinese shaman before you before pulling out the Yata no Kagami, not that most people if anyone would be able to tell it was the real deal, and slap aside Ren’s halberd, knocking him off balance slightly, however it was enough for you.

Performing an Oversoul using Tamamo you enter Ren’s guard and slam the spiritually enhanced mirror onto his skull.

You would remark something about the power of fluffy tail, but you don’t want to embarrass Anna so you keep quiet.

The blow to the head further disoriented Ren as you bring the Mirror up and nail him on the chin, laying the young shaman out cold on the ground.

Putting the mirror up, you grab a hold of one of the unconscious boy’s legs and drag him behind you as you walk over to Anna and ask her to call your grandfather in order to ensure that Tao Ren is properly punished for his conduct and deported.

Honestly it was just a nuisance to deal with.

After your mother and Grandfather appear and take Ren off your hands, you and Anna reschedule your date.

Hopefully this time someone won’t cause you any problems.

[ ] The Comet’s Arrival
    [ ] Meeting the Shaman Fight Judge
    [ ] First Fight in Tokyo

Xx.xX

AN: Short, but you guys know why. Anyways the options are mainly when in the Shaman fight do you want to start off at.

Also feel free to tell me when using Tamamo whether you want to use Yoh or the Mirror, that way I can tell if you want to fight using Tails or Mirror. I’ll also need someone to confirm for me whether or not Yoh was 16 when the Shaman fight started.

Anyways; tell me about any spelling errors, ways to smoothen things, how the quest is treating you, and your votes.

SneakyRock, Minars90, Grinix and 21 others like this.
  29. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

Question.

Do we will has an option to craft a new OS?

Tengu and Oni is underutilized.

And my Shaman Fu is a bit rusty.

Which one the comet again?

30. Selias

Selias Well worn.

The comet announces the start of the new fight for becoming the Shaman King, right?

[X] The Comet’s Arrival

Gives us a bit more time to prepare.