1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ashaeron

Ashaeron Know what you're doing yet?

What I'm concluding from this is that either Diana is going to leave earth for centuries, or she's going to abandon the rest of the sentient universe to these guys, or she ends up going with one of Grayvauls very renegade alternatives.

2. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ok, so he was expected to act more brutishly/violently and he didn't so she questioned if something altered his moral compass?
    but...
    What was the "I was happening to you" bit?
    'I was'?
    Still sounds like the grammar.
    Was he saying that she didn't affect him he's trying to affect her?

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Because that wouldn't mirror her comment.

4. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Reminds me of a quote from the Dresden files "What goes round comes around. And sometimes you get what's coming around. And sometimes you ARE what's coming around."
    So to draw a comparison, Grayven's saying that the league got what was coming around while he was what came around

5. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

It would be fun to see how Paul would deal with this group.

Doccer and Vaermina like this.
  6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Yep, Astarte's having trouble believing it. Mind blown. And I don't blame her. Imagine meeting what turns out to be a Themysciran, three thousand years after you left, and light-years away from Earth. And then she claims to be your baby sister's daughter?

;) Renegade, stop poking the already annoyed demigoddess warrior princess. The resulting dopeslap would probably put you through a wall.

Probably asking as much for Astarte's benefit as his own curiosity. After all, she's lived this long (albeit aided by advanced technology,) who's to say her baby sister couldn't as well?

Yeah, Diana. Turns out your mightiest foe is your grand-daddy.

Meaning she was quite the war-monger in her prime. Presumably pre-retreat. Nice to now she's mellowed out over the millennia.

Let her enjoy her sort-of-retirement, Renegade.

Y'know, maybe someone should nudge them together? x3 Or at least poke Aphrodite Pandemos about it.

Because they've been enjoying eating porridge for however many centuries? Or is it just that you've grown accustomed to them trying to kill you and become the new leader?

Well, do you have any better ideas? Because it doesn't seem like they're nice people who are going to change the way of life they've followed for at least centuries.

Most of that indifference being 'Well, glad it's not us.' Yes, Earth morality does seem something of a rarityin the cosmos.

...Which it's worth noting, is largely what she did in the comic, from what I understand. I'll bet once she stopped checking in on them, they decided upon a new tyrant, and went right back to their old ways...

And there's the core of the Renegade's issues with the League, isn't it? He understands that 'some people just need killing', and they don't like that attitude...

Heh. And I'm sure she hated every little conflict of opinion...

Alas, I doubt she'll put the effort in to stick around, nor let them sort it out themselves...

:sneaky: Given the Citizenry tendency towards ultra-violence, that's probably considered a warm-up round.

Which would be almost as infuriating for Diana as simply killing. She may enjoy a good fight, but not wanton hurting.

More family for the reunion!

...Yeah, that's not a good thing. If I remember right, you keep her confined for everyone else's safety.

You have no idea, hon. Wait until you meet Granny Goodness and her Female Furies. (Yes, not entirely mortal, but hey...)

Hoo boy. This promises to be sobering for the princess...

Hey, at least thy can agree on something?

...Just how dumb do you think they are?

True. At least she can be reasoned with. I shudder at what some of her subordinates will be like...

And watch as this turns into an endurance match as one after the other takes their shot...

Hoo boy. Isn't this shaping up into a fine moral conundrum for Diana. Compromise her ideals by killing people in sound need of it, or watch in frustration as they refuse to change for her sake... Hopefully, this can come to a good conclusion... And I suppose whatever happens, Diana's going to have to exercise her divine side.

...the rope comes loose and Astarte rises to her feet...

7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You're right, it can work really well.

But the addendum to that is that it only really works when you are 100% accurate about the stuff the character is remembering.

That said... It wouldn't be the end of the world if Paragon/Renagade made a claim about a thing and another character told him "no that's wrong.".

Relyt33 and Wivk like this.
  8. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

So yeah, I know the setup looks a bit bad for Diana taking on the "awakened, older demigod" bizarro version of herself but i think the fact that Diana is basically a Titan in story is a tiny bit of wrinkle.

Wait. A Gigantic one.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and FourthPear like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This is renegade were talking about here.

If he didn't annoy people that could hurt him then he'd be a different person, a much much smarter 9ne, but still different.

I think Astarte lived this long due to her divine heritage and not technology.

She may have been involved in more wars back then but she may not have been a war monger.

Like a Primarch reunion.

Awful, awkward and an atrocity upon family values.

Well she may think the renegade is very dumb, and she'd be right.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Cuchulin, Khornelius, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  10. igfry

igfry I. SEE. YOU.

I quite like that these Earth heroes are just acting like they do on Earth, outside of Earth, and somehow expecting things to happen a certain way because...?

I'd call that arrogance if it wasn't just painful ignorance and I'm living for when it's being challenged.

The internal conflict is delicious.

If they want to inflict their own moralities upon the rest of the universe, they can't be fucking lazy about it.

11. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He would be fine with them as long as they were helping his cause, probably even offer one of them a Ring.

Yes... Yes she would...

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

No what you should be getting out if this is that if you lived on one of the hundreds of planets the citizenry visited and harvested/exterminated all life (not sure if just intelligent life, just animal life, or absolutely all life) like a wandering Tyranid 'Nom Nom' fleet, you are not entitled to any justice or righteous vengeance, because Pretty Pretty Princess Diana decided you weren't, and enforcing the death penalty on the persons who killed you, your family, your friends, your neighbors, your countrymen, your entire species, is 'wrong'.

And she has given herself the right to pardon any atrocities committed upon you and within you lands on your behalf, on account of you not mattering and her not caring about you.

13. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

usually i would never root against WW but i hope she fails to reform them so grayven can go ahead and wipe them out.

ChestBurster and FourthPear like this.
  14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

All life.

When renegade, Kanto and Artemis were investigating that planet the population and the animal life were all gone.

And to respond to your rant about Diana not caring about people....

You do realise that Diana does care about people?

It's kinda a big part of her character.

She wants justice to be done but she may not believe that killing people is the correct way to do it and thinks other methods can work better.

She's most likely wrong in this case, but to say that she doesn't care about others is just wrong on virtually every level.

15. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Thanks. I checked the link, and there were 2 more older female teens who weren't in the group due to the Renegade not being able to make a version of the don't eat people medicine he made/had made for the others.

I'm loving that the Renegade is getting Diana in particular to face some unfortunate truths about how life is in the universe.

Again, Diana demonstrates both her idealism and naivete. Is this just her, or would her sisters on Themyscira feel the same as she does? Or maybe they'd agree with the Renegade and just kill them all because they're irredeemable?

I kinda hope that Diana loses, but proves her own point by getting at least a few to change their ways. Not a lot, but enough to at least prove that they are not all completely remorseless monsters.

16. Mr Zoat

No. Diana would not strike an ally.
    No, but her mother was.
    Thank you, corrected.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm betting they'd be fine with killing the Citizenry.

Diana's unique and different compared to the other Amazons since her value system may be a mix between the morality of the ancient world and what she has picked up from her decades in the modern world.

Some of them may be redeemable.

They may have joined the Citizenry to protect their worlds from destruction but hated doing the things the Citizenry did but they couldn't stop them.

18. deccan2008

deccan2008 Getting out there.

But why even eat people? Isn't that the most inefficient method of sustainance ever?

Cuchulin, FourthPear and Vorian like this.
  19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Largely because Astarte is cray-cray.

She locked her daughter in with a bunch of other kids when she was two.

She told them that every day they'd slide in enough food to feed all of them but one- If a child didn't die, then no food that day.

They didn't unlock the door until Theana was the last child alive.

Theana had formed a gang of the toddlers, and then when they were the only ones left she began killing her own subordinates.

20. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

How could Wonder Woman do this… I vote for “cryogenically freeze all of these psychos until the rest of the universe forgets about them and their sins.” Don’t unfreeze them until you have something like Ghost Rider’s penance stare, a therapy/behavioral bootcamp plan prepped down to the second, and a bunch of oaths prepared that will see justice done to their souls should they breach their rehabilitation contracts sworn before Gaia.

No brainwashing. No personality death to re-embody a poor ghost. No “abandoning modern Earth” for these criminals. Push the problem away for now, you need to stack the deck HEAVILY to fix the debt these maniacs have accrued.

Phantom zone would work too if a reliable form of extraction is cooked up.

I’m surprised that hasn’t been repurposed for a Worm fanfic. Soulless behavior.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They may not care about efficiency.

This is just them doing it to prove that they're strong and those weaker than them are only good for food.

Also this.

Given the sheer number of Worm fics out there, the chance of something like that being done is high.

22. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

We know that this version of Diana has killed people before. I'm curious to see what her ultimate answer is going to be when dealing with a civilization that Paragon would have happily wiped as a blight on the universe.

23. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Even DC Ares admits that a War of total extermination is bad, sure he would get a short power boost but if the enemy is completely exterminated that means no more wars eventually.

Vorian, Ngamer11, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

True, but he'd still be probably more proud of Astarte compared to Hippolyta.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe 'obvious'

26. Mr Zoat

No, they're oblivious.

27. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Nothing comes to mind, surprisingly, but it would make a pretty good trigger event. Maybe a cluster trigger?

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  28. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I can see why Renegade thinks that from like one meeting, but I assumed Hippolyta and Phillipus know that they love each other (or at least that they're in love with the other, even if they don't know it's reciprocated). Paragon, Eris and Aphrodite teaming up to finally get them together when?

29. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ok

It still think it would roll off better if it was "I was happening to you." or "I was that which was happening to you."
    I wonder why her mind went straight to the gutter? More importantly he missed a opportunity to tell her to get her mind out of the gutter!

Edit:
    If Grayven gets the go ahead to murder-a-thon them I imagine this would be the song he'd kill them by:

Areare there any children young enough to bring back to their homeworld(assuming their populations still exist?) or to a planet that practices Lanternism? Or the male slaves?

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When you tell a person about their parents love life their mind will go to weird places.