1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. deccan2008

deccan2008 Getting out there.

Why aren't their dimensional travel blocking devices working?

2. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I got the same feeling. I can't imagine his family who watched their son/brother be melted by Nabu would be supportive of that decision.

moralrelativity likes this.
  3. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

They only cover a small-ish area IIRC. They may also not be built in a way that counters every type of travel, so high-end mages and the like may have ways around them.

4. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

has past -> has passed
    OR
    has past -> is past

I think the first is probably what you were going for; the sense of "the immediate danger is behind us".

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They may be working but the specific method the Nazis are using is a type that they don't have protections against.

They may be supportive, since he would be making sure that other innocent people aren't hurt by evil people.

Though, yeah, they may be worried that he could die or be hurt.

6. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Hm... provided that the next chapter isn't just a continuation from here with OLPaul's pov, we might end up getting a look at her original universe's reaction to Angelika's disappearance leading up to this particular breach.

And geez... I know it's been obvious ever since New Kara showed up, but didn't they just have one multiversal crisis a few months back with Krona? I suppose once one bit of the dimensional walls cracks the whole thing just escalates.

Vorian, Ardy, sagemo and 3 others like this.
  7. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

I think the League is getting annoyed they are dealing with so many parallel universe visitors at this point.

Prince Charon likes this.
  8. NameOrdane

NameOrdane Lurker: The Socially Awkward

It's either actual resistance to control (which is rather terrifyingly competent, considering the circumstances) or it's similar to the deceased Hellwraith in that Paul expects demon world Nabu to act like that so it does.

Or it could be like Dr. Marrow in that the desire 'matrices' weren't properly adjusted.

It's difficult to cover all the possibilities with the amount of exceptions in DC.

9. Assblaster5000

Eh, it's in-line with DC as a whole really. The first Crisis event has snowballed seemingly into one every few years now. I think they've passed number six?

Vorian, Ardy and Prince Charon like this.
  10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Well, did the demonic Construct Lanterns have any taint of hell's energy about them? Still, probably a good move to get professional assistance as quickly as possible. At least Doctor Mist can say this about OL: He always brings new things to his attention.

Yeah, still the matter of getting it off his head without taking his soul with it... Presumably Nabu-Hell here has booby-traps out the wazoo even for normal removal, much less being returned to OL's Ring.

Best not to try until they're certain it won't still take chunks of you with it...

Nor whether it'll still function now that Nabu's been Orange Crushed. And what constitutes 'Removal' for the purposes of that magic.

Even simply recalling him might trigger some kill-switch in the linking magic...

And that's a very healthy attitude to have...

Well, shit. Talk about your clingy cursed artefacts.

Heh. Even as a construct, he's an arsehole.

Watch the sass, bucket-head.

Turn him into a toe-ring or something so that he can be hidden without counting as 'removing' him? Clever.

Except attitude, it seems.

So Mike ends up on some kind of watch list. Fun...

And given the amount of backtalk from Bucket-head here, that may backfire badly.

Are you really sure you want to know that? Not enough nightmares yet?

Still the matter of how it got here. Given that it was probably the most skilled magician on that world, though, it's likely the daemon's plan to invade may have had some setbacks, at least...

Alas, God has nothing to do with it...

Well, that depends. You ever wanted to be a superhero, Mikey-boy? I mean, I can understand if you're not interested...

According to their one not-so-reliable source. Getting info from Nabu-Hell would help confirm that, though...

Probably an overstatement... Though I can see backwater areas that were lightly defended suffering a lot more than cities...

Good man. Don't worry, I'm sure the Doc can help with therapy, at least.

Hollow words, though, given he's already lost a child to Nabu-Hell, and is stuck with it until they can unravel the hooks it has in him... :(

And he'll rejoice as he does so...

...Ouch. Still, good to know they're alright, physically at least...

So much for catching a break. Now what?

More League business, then. Something show up on the Watchtower's sensors?

Oh-ho, has Overman finally arrived to find his daughter?

From one Supergirl to another. I wonder who's coming through this time...

And here comes another visitor. Wonder what universe they'll be from, if it isn't Earth-10? Still rather concerning that this keeps happening, though. o_O Here's a thought. Could something Krona and Mandated!Paul (acting as the Time Trapper) did to modify the mechanics of Time be causing this? Did their meddling weaken the dimensional barriers? Food for thought...

Double Space.

Vorian, VerBlinkel, Cuchulin and 12 others like this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not sure, but they still had access to their magic powers.

And again, this Nabu may not be demonically corrupted, but is just crazy.

Yeah, Nabu 16 may have had countermeasures in place to prevent himself from being removed, but I'm betting they weren't in the area of 'killing this host if he's taken off', but this Nabu is actively malicious.

Unfortunately it may still function.

In fairness to him, he was just enslaved, so him being pissy at his enslaver is kinda fair.

Not a toe ring, I think he meant him still being on the head, but invisible and intangible.

It may have been like how Angelika got there, by accident.

He kinda does, since he played a part in Hells creation.

Yeah, I think it was mentioned that entire rural areas were just gone.

I don't think he's trained in psychology but it's good to have someone to talk to.

Or it could be the other Nazis, in which case, fuck.

Maybe, and it may also be something paragon and the others did after Krona was dealt with.

Ngamer11 and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

So today we find out new Kara's okay with enslaving other sentients and Paragons dimension blockers are useless.

13. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Kara seems like the kind of person to say: Bad guys deserve whatever terrible punishment they get, unless it is really disproportionate. As such, I can see her being fine with what happened to Demon Nabu. Also, it was mentioned back when he got it from Power Ring Blue that the blockers aren't a solid protection for every method of traversing the multiverse. Heck, the Syndicate themselves later subverted the defenses when they tricked Zatanna and Paul into going to their Earth.

Vorian, Jaron, Cuchulin and 4 others like this.
  14. Assblaster5000

First, the word is sapients, sentients are animals, not Humans and the like.

Second, the travel blockers only cover a small, strategic area and have minimal testing, of course there's gaps in the network, but that hardly makes them useless.

Edit:Also, as was pointed out by Ngamer11, they're based on a design we've seen be worked around before, so it's hardly surprising that a version of Nabu, one of the best mages on the planet, was able to get around ant protection they might give against magic dimensional travel.

Cuchulin, Silveraith, BR549 and 4 others like this.
  15. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

As people were pointing out after the previous chapter (and probably before) she's probably running on silver age moral standards so it wouldn't really be surprising to find out that many forms of non-human intelligences count as non-people in her eyes.

Vorian, Jaron, Silveraith and 3 others like this.
  16. Assblaster5000

Even if she isn't running on that set of "Don't think about it" morals she's still Kryptonian, and while Silver Age Krypton was a lot better than most other counter parts it was still Krypton, so them having some ideas about personhood that we might consider not very cash money wouldn't be surprising.

17. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Oh God!

How many more power girls can possibly show up!? There can't be more than a dozen Supergirl variants right!!!?

Cuchulin and mastermenthe like this.
  18. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I think autocorrupt is messing with you, unless that's a slang term that I'm unfamiliar with in this context.

Cuchulin and Assblaster5000 like this.
  19. Assblaster5000

It's a reference to a meme from, like, 2018 that was a picture of Godzilla with sunglasses saying "That wasn't very cash money of you."

Would be wacky if autocorrect was messing with me though considering I don't even own a phone and I use my laptop for everything.

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    I don't want to give a hard figure. A lot.

Also, come on guys. I deliberately put in the line in the last episode about them turning the jammers off so they could get rid of the Legionnaires.

21. Assblaster5000

Blame Vaermina, they had a very poorly thought out complaint like always. Totally forgot about that bit though.

Vorian, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  22. david15

david15 Not too sore, are you?

well let's put it this way supermans birth mom was a member of the slave cast originally before they made her an astronaut for a while

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  23. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Technically correct, on the first part; humans are sentient also, though. They're just also sapient.

For those wondering:
    Sentience is having a sense of 'self versus not-self'.
    Sapience is 'intelligence' (and yes this can be fuzzy)

Your dog is sentient, you are sapient.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Ultragirl of the Crime syndicate world, Luma Lynai, Marvel Maid, Suprgrrrl the female Kon equivalent, Power Girl, Bizarrogirl, Satangirl, Ellen Leeds, Superior girl, Supragirl, Russian Supergirl, Brainiac's Daughter, Andromeda of Daxam, Laurel Kent, Lois Wayne, Lara Kent from the Crazy Steve universe, Natasha Irons, Cir El, and Tangent Supergirl.

25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Can we please have links to these?

26. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Most of those can be found here.

I believe most of those not on that page are still on that wiki. I was going partially off of memory you see

Edit- For those not on the wiki or the pages are less than helpful I'll share what I remember, but give me a list smaller than the bajillion Supergirls I just mentioned.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  27. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Would be unlike him to abandon a place he could improve so much.

Well, we're sentient too.

Sentient means "aware" and sapient "able to reason" right?

So some animals are sapient too.

28. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

So much for that tech to block parallel worlds visits.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat already addressed that.

30. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

The jammers only were down for like... five minutes? Unless they are really stupid.