1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E, West Direction

Discussion in 'Play-by-Post' started by UrsaTempest, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Yzarc

Yzarc The Spark of Madness

my vote was Southwestern.

I want to play around the Caul and it would make my quest of Hunting down a Tyrant Lizard that much easier.

2. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Caul's coast is controlled by the Realm, though.

3. Yzarc

The Lunars beg to differ. Besides which, don't they only control one of the cities that they cannot leave and aren't getting reinforcements?

Edit: Err....coast. ya. Oops. Forget I said anything.

4. horngeek

horngeek I trust you know where the happy button is?

Like I said, the Caul would likely be less ship-based. It's a possible cool campaign, just… very different.

kinglugia and Yzarc like this.
  5. Yzarc

True. I forgot about that part. Way too early in the morning.

Alright, in that case, I have no real preferences.

6. UrsaTempest

You can treat the early part as basically preparation to obtain ship/influence to Caul, though, if getting Tyrant Lizard that important to you.

7. Yzarc

Sort of. It does not have to be immediate or even in the first 5-6 sessions.

The Story is basically Wild Flower was given a right of passage of the Lunars. Get a combat form. She has DBT but needs a good animal form just in case. The Elder suggested a Hellbore or a Great Cat. Wild Flower being willful and stubborn declared that she would get a Tyrant Lizard as her combat form and left. Needless to say she instantly regretted it and is FAR too prideful to admit it. Besides which, actually achieving it would help her standing too and other than DBT she has no real combat options.

So naturally, being the concerned uncle that he is, Starry Night went along with her, hoping to keep her alive.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  8. UrsaTempest

Hmmm.
    ...yeah, it honestly won't make much sense if you go from Caul to Wavecrest, since it takes... six months, probably. Might be faster with Lunar crews, but eh.

Hmm. I think I can rule you can find some Wyld-tainted Tyrant Lizard on Abalone interior or northern Wyld.

Yzarc and kinglugia like this.
  9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hmm, weep, Threshold Dragonblooded rogue demon hunting groups exist in Creation, right?

10. UrsaTempest

Not as organized group, no. Even if they do, they are on Threshold.

kinglugia likes this.
  11. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I mean, as in non Realm-affiliated, including the Immaculates, Dragonblooded demon hunting groups/mercenaries. :oops:

12. UrsaTempest

Very unlikely.

13. Yzarc

Why would they be Demon hunters though? I mean the Wyld Hunt usually handles that part as well.

14. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Rogue demons, and I was under the impression that the Wyld Hunt is more anti Anathema?

Though wandering mercenaries are fine too - I just have to fluff them as having specialized in fighting sorcerers, demons and ghosts.

15. UrsaTempest

Anathema includes demons, you know.

16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Ah, right. Whoops.

17. UrsaTempest

18. horngeek

Heh. Yeah, why game designers still primarily use Imperial I dunno (well, I do know, it's because they're all yanks)

19. UrsaTempest

First iteration of sailing rules:

SO, YOU WANT TO SAIL CREATION!

GLOSSARY:
    SPEED: How fast your ship is.
    • Speed 1 = two weeks journey across a grid (500 miles)
    • Speed 2 = one week journey across a grid
    • Speed 3 = 3 days journey across a grid
    • Speed 4 = one day journey across a grid
    • Speed 5 = 12 hours journey across a grid
    SUPPLIES: Food, tack, woods, etcetera. All the ship need to continue functioning. 1 Supply will be spent every week, for every 5 people.
    CARGO: How much your ship can bring stuff. Yes, people that’s not Crew or Officers is counted as cargo. Supplies usually takes cargo, so be careful!
    CREWS: How many people staffed your ship. Losing half of your Crew will cut your Speed to half, losing it to quarter will cause Morale to plummet!
    MORALE: The morale of your crews. Rated from 1-5. 1 is Ready to Mutiny, 2 is dispirited, 3 is normal, 4 is eager, 5 is helpful. Haven't decided the effect of Morale, probably decrease supply usage or increase speed.

STEP-BY-STEP OF SAILING
    FIRST, determine route. Where do you want to go today?
    SECOND, determine target number. Target number is how many Grids it takes to reach destination, multiplied by 10. So, [GRID]x10
    THIRD, determine interval. Your interval is your Speed stat, as stated above.
    FOUR, start rolling! Remember, your supply is consumed every week for every 5 people!
    IF SUCCEED: You accumulate it! For every 10 success, you advance one Grid!
    IF FAILURE: Nothing bad happens! Except you still lose supply!
    IF BOTCH: Reduce accumulated success by Speed! Plus something bad happened! For every 10 success reduced, you went back a grid!

GAINING SUPPLIES:
    There are many ways to gain supplies, but the most straightforward is probably buying and scavenging it.

PURCHASING: You can purchase up to [Resources]/2 Supplies in port, though in some port it can be more expensive or cheap. For example, on Abalone it cost [Resources],

SCAVENGING: Roll [Perception/Intelligent+Survival], interval three hours. Gain [Sux]/2 Supplies.

QUEST: You can gain Supplies by doing Quest. For example, the admiral both on Abalone and Azure want to know about various news on other islands, and will pay you with Supplies for every report you made. Making report is Int+Lit, plus applicable specialty. The amount of Supplies given varied, though assuming you don’t botch they’ll always give you at least one Supply.

I'll likely edit this, especially the acquiring supplies part.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Biigoh, Winged One, horngeek and 2 others like this.
  20. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Well, she roll 6 dice (Occult 4 + Intelligence 2) for it, and can use the Occult Excellency for a few more dice. And the three First Circle Demons in the core have Resolve 3, so it should work pretty well.

And now she's also Infernal Nobility~

Yzarc and kinglugia like this.
  21. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Some notes:
    • EB is 1.51 meter tall.
    • Big Red is 2 meters long, and 40cm, um, wide?
    • She doesn't really know much about things common to civilization as her home was a small fishing village with merchant boats only rarely passing by.

kinglugia likes this.
  22. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  23. UrsaTempest

Alright. I need plothook how to make your character met and on the ship. I'd prefer if it doesn't happen because of Sidereal chicanery, or gaining patron.

24. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hmm, traveling because of infernal cultists, maybe? My character was drafted to deal with an infernal cult, or something.

25. UrsaTempest

... Demon isn't that big a deal you need five Solars to break the cult, you know.

26. horngeek

Well, maybe the cult could be on the way the ship's going?

kinglugia likes this.
  27. Yzarc

Well, I need a job and there are rumours that a huge bounty has been placed on a Tyrant lizard that no one has been able to kill yet? So to kill two birds on one stone, my char and his niece took the first ship to that place.

Would this help? I mean we don't need one plot hook for all of us. We could have individual reasons to go to the same place.

28. UrsaTempest

Alright. So: Corral or Abalone?

29. Yzarc

Honestly? no real preference.

30. horngeek

I'm slightly inclined towards Coral.