1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's also possible that he just couldn't have done it for a long period of time.

Gods, demigods, other sorcerers and all sorts of things existed that could have tried to stop him if he tried it.

She'd probably look at you in a very slow manner or just snort.

Smart, you gotta make sure that he doesn't do anything more crazy.

You sometimes can't avoid things, Paul.

They may want their old territory back but seeing as the rest of South America was not their territory, they don't care about it.

2. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

First of all, this is Earth 16. Second, I kinda want to see Boss Smiley take Accalacan down a peg to remind them that they can't just ignore the rest of the world just because they have a new goddess to worship.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

See my post above; the guy may not have even been capable of doing it since there were things that could oppose him.

Hey, if he's enlightened then he may also see the good in humanity.

Most would be.

Not surprising given her experiences at the hands of demons.

This and a whole bunch of other reasons.

Yep.

This may have been the rich part of town.

A lot but nothing they'd necessarily want.

Probably.

4. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Hey guys, remember this?
    1: What are the odds "making all the plantlife in the entire world" is the thing OL was sent by Gaia to talk to her about?
    2: Can I get a retroactive like here?

I would see a Lord of Chaos Paul as acting less like Mxyplik and more like an Evil Enlightened Self Interest Genie. Work with people to grant their wishes, with the limitation a wish will only be granted if the wish also advances one of Paul's goals, or is fulfilled in a way that advances one of his goals.

Wish to be King of the world, and you are! But that world, isn't Earth. You get some barren planet terraformed and a colony built for you, giving you power but also accomplishing Paul's goal of humanity having backups in the event of something happening to Earth.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Agreed.

They would probably have to be a Blue Lantern though so he could shut down LePaul long enough for him to actually listen.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    Cuchulin likes this.
  6. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

Huh.

Thought: after the Sheeda flattened a lot of existing governments, how many nations are in civil war right now?
    Depending on how much civil war is going on and how in their faces it's getting to some League members, they might be seriously chafing under the provisions that prevent them from intervening, or may begin to do so soon.

ChestBurster, Windona, Bud-E and 4 others like this.
  7. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I hope that flame girl that worked for Brazilian intelligence is still alive.

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Fire's alive. Though I think she operates in a different country now.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  9. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

This is funny as Paragon basically said he doesn't expect too much from the League either outside of their usual M.O., I believe in his last interaction with Alpha Centurion.

I wonder if other indigenous political movements around the world are interested in Accalacan as an alternate model to most modern nation-states, and in a post-Sheeda world, it may actually be viable to try establishing them to a degree. I wonder how the aftermath affected US tribal sovereignty and land rights, and things like that (I don't know much of Manitou Raven and Manitou Dawn, but I assume they're out there somewhere? though if they appear in 'modern' DC stories via time-travel, I guess they won't have much chance to show up).
    I don't think Euanthe or Isley would demand worship anyway, so for tribes who still worship their existing gods and preserve/practice their religious traditions, I think the theological disturbances could be kept to a minimum.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  10. ZzzSlothzzZ

ZzzSlothzzZ The Giver of warm hugs

I think that I should ask if we're eventually going to see the heroes try to take out OL

Heroes: "Can you stop solving the flaws in our society so we can keep punching people in the face?"

"No"

Batman: *Cries while clutching his Bat-Teddy™*

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think the Sheeda invasion affected the situation for the various Native American groups in the US all that much since the US is still functioning.

Though it's highly likely that a lot were killed.

And while Euantge may not care about what people people worship, the various tribes may still abandon their previous gods for one that actually helped them.

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.
  12. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

All likes are retroactive, so, ironically, you already have.
    As far as anyone knows, they've been dead for thousnads of years.

13. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

How is the civil war still going after the Sheeda invasion? From what we've heard about the country so far there is no way Brazil is winning any war. Also, is Zatara officially back with the league?

Cuchulin, Ardy and Bramble Thorn like this.
  14. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Done.

15. Mr Zoat

There hasn't been a peace agreement between the rump of the Brazilian government and the Accala who occupy most of the country.
    Officially, he never left.

16. 0zymandias

0zymandias Making the rounds.

I was honestly considering a scenario where Paul takes up Regular person as a companion Dr Who style to ground himself a little or at least remind himself of humanity. It came to me in the when he was in Japan and just went ‘meh’ at something that is actually awe inspiring. It kind of works; he’s a ‘eldritch monstrosity’ he probably forgot what most humans are like.
    He’s likely League affiliates much like Paul is.

Mr Zoat, do you still do fan side-stories like in the old days or is that not possible any more.

Istaran, Bud-E and Bramble Thorn like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

I'm not sure what you mean. This is a fan story. If you mean, are other people allowed to write subfics in this setting then no, that is completely forbidden and will result in me personally tracking the author down and eating their walrus.

18. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

So, does that mean China was been off the security council for decades in WTR, because the folks in Tiawan haven't signed a peace agreement yet?

Cuchulin, Caerwen, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  19. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Well, well, well, Paul. If it isn't the consequences of your own actions.

That means the League officially cannot be seen to pick a side between the People's Republic and the Republic Of.

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

China was off the Security Council for years in real life because of that. But no, that's not still the case, because inclusion on the Security Council is based on realpolitik rather than any sort of set rules.

21. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

As always, I really do adore the worldbuilding and politics here. it's better than canon

Presumably making all plant life anti-demon could have other side effects, but I imagine it's more 'drain magic' or 'change the plant life to the point it could hurt non-demons' more than anything.

ChestBurster and Vorian like this.
  22. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

aHH.. But he only joined the league recently. You cannot retroactively hold his behavior prior to joining the League against him!.... Or you can because he now has access to time travel. But that would affect casualtiy and he'll end up being blameless... Or you'll end up unable to cast blame anyhow.

Call John Constantine this irresponsible messing with magic is his shtick.... Oh wait. That's exactly what you're doing!

Istaran and DrThoth like this.
  23. Laharn

Laharn Getting sticky.

As a Brasilian, i realy hate what you did to my contry. I like your story and won't stop reding, but it realy anoy me...

24. Mr Zoat

And I really hate what you just did to my language, but I replied anyway.

25. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Is he an active member of the Justice League officially? I remember the cover story was he was on leave and that's why no one saw him for a year.

26. Mr Zoat

Yes.

27. DAT_NOOB

You say that but she's one of the few assets that Brazil has access to that could actually slow them down and kill a few.

Danner formula doesn't make you immune to death by heatstroke, after all, just a little more resistant I imagine.

Xmaster3000 and Caerwen like this.
  28. Mr Zoat

Quite a lot more resistant.

29. DAT_NOOB

Smoke inhalation and suffocation then, burn all the air around them or set fire to the forest.

The only things that would body her totally would be forest spirits or Eutharine herself.

I am saying she'd 'slow them down' not that she'd 'win outright'

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  30. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Why would Fire go direct to lethal force? Or are you saying that would be Brazil's logic?