1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Login not honored on forum.QQ.com and QQ.com at same time

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by arthurh3535, Sep 10, 2022.

1. arthurh3535

arthurh3535 [warm body]

I'm not sure, but I think the system isn't set up to treat them as the same domain. So you have to log into them both to see your watched threads and to watch them.

2. wasprider

wasprider Experienced.

This is a cookie/validation issue. Only forum.questionablequesting.com is honored to get into the smut. But it doesn’t treat questionablequesting.com as the same domain.

3. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

The good news is, they're actually the same site. So as long as you use only one or only the other, it won't be a problem.

4. arthurh3535

arthurh3535 [warm body]

It's actually running across links from other people that don't use just one or the other.

wasprider likes this.
  5. MissileTeatime

MissileTeatime By the power of Vaporware!

Yeah, I've done that too. What I mean is that when you run across links like that, you can either log in again, or you can change the URL to the one you use after the fact. Add or delete the "forum." part as necessary.

6. DaneBooker

DaneBooker Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I have also facing the same issue.

arthurh3535 likes this.
  7. Madden bin'Ladden

Madden bin'Ladden Know what you're doing yet?

The interesting part is, I'm browsing on questionablequesting.com right now, but if I click on the logo at the top to go to the site's front page, that links to forum.questionablequesting.com, and thus logs me out.

8. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Have you tried logging in on both questionablequesting.com and forum.questionablequesting.com

9. Winchester

Winchester Buzzkill

Isn't the easy option to make a redirect so that it doesn't matter if you take out the "forum." part, it'll still take you to "forum.questionablequesting.com" and use that cookie? Sure, everyone who's used to using just "questionablequesting.com" would have to log in once more, but that's a one time affair.

MissileTeatime and arthurh3535 like this.