1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

And given that place is supposed to be a den of news seekers and reporters...OL should really go take a look as their emotions, see if their eyes just glaze right over when looking at him.

Cuchulin likes this.
  2. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

The one where he says that the Justice League was formed because the heroes learned that some things can't be handled on their own. The Renegade mocked the speech while with the Team, pointed out some glaring flaws, and then called the Justice League out as Righteous Face Punchers, to the rest of the Team's shock.

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

KenNM, BookZone, kerleth and 5 others like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"die"

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ahh, this isn't really that difficult to understand and explain away.

The guy grew up on a farm so he'd have probably done a lot of physical labor and that would lead to him developing a lot of muscle.

That's probably the explanation they gave themselves or he gave them if they ever questioned it.

Doccer likes this.
  6. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

So uhh what happened with the whole story where Captain Marvel couldn't transform after Hephaesten dethroned Zeus, OL went to Zeus to ask for help and Zeus told him to suck his dick, so he went on a quest to try and replace him in the acronym? Resolved off screen?

7. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Fairly sure Susanoo took the job in exchange for exposure for his pantheon.

8. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

But that is incongruous with Superman own desires. He wants to be a hero and help people his own personal happiness wasn't ever a factor because he never thought too deeply about the problem.

He is having an existential problem because Paul asked Clark a lot of questions in regards how he COPES with the knowledge that he could do way more and yet chooses his own personal happiness and life work balance instead. This is a big issue because Clark hadn't noticed he was doing that, he thought he was the best hero he could be, but now he is asking himself if that is even true because he clearly rates spending time with his friends and family and having a small life extremely highly and he is feeling ashamed about it.

This fic is so bloated that you really need a Bible to keep plot points and characters on track and that is probably way more work than you are prepared to commit.

It's a shame the fan wiki never got as far as it could have been, but that is a lot of work for a fan to do... That is why editors get paid.

KenNM, BookZone, kerleth and 8 others like this.
  9. Mr Zoat

That sounds like something I might have written back when I was thinking about it.

10. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

In specific, Susanoo showed up at the Rock of Eternity to talk to Shazaam, and then the angel guy who I forget the name of also said that he might be able to lend some power but that he would need to speak to his king first.
    And then we didn't hear any more about it.

11. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Notibly it was because zeus's thunderbolts weren't working anymore, preventing captain from transforming via the lightning and returning to his child form.

He was going to think about Susanoo, but as a practicing christian he was gonna talk to the team's resident angel for an alternative that fit him.

12. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Well the flames of Samael would be a hilarious substitute for lightning bolts.

Heck having a Christian version of captain Marvel powered by various angels would probably start off an arms race. A very very interesting arms race.

13. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Hey they can get in line behind Captain Thunder. The power of a Tornado, speed of a Hare, bravery of Uncas, wisdom of Nature, toughness of Diamond, the flight of an eagle, and the tenacity of a Ram.

14. Threadmarks: Uncomplicated Good Works (part 12)
    Mr Zoat

17th December 2012
    11:12 GMT

"Hm."

Commodore Amalak leans against the railing as he looks down upon one of the battle damaged regions of Chughraghahh.

"I'd have thought that you would be more efficient."

"It was about sending a message. Quickly."

He turns, right arm leaning on the rail while he gestures with his left.

"You're a fascinating man, Illustres. The way you intervened in the peace talks and actually made them work, the way you took Felicia and handed her over to that Crown Imperium charity rather than keeping her as a concubine, I rather formed a particular vision of you in my mind. Then you destroyed the Citadel Complex with such ferocity and ruthlessness, and here…"

He glances back over his shoulder.

"Here I can only describe your behaviour as callous. Not a terrible personality trait for a soldier -and I know exactly how repugnant the Spider Guild is- but I find I struggle to reconcile what I see here with what I saw then."

"It was a utility calculation. The Spider Guild is far stronger here than they were in Vega, and the local civilisations aren't…"

"Pirates with delusions of civilisation? Don’t worry, I've heard worse."

"Right, they're just… People, managing their own affairs and occasionally having their citizens abducted and eaten. One is clearly more moral than the other. So if my actions aid Karax and hurt Chughraghahh, that's fine. Nothing of value was lost. But in Vega, while that's true of the Psions and arguably the Citadel Complex, it's less obvious that it was true about the rest of you. The Queen doesn't want to eat people and you're just an 'aggressive capitalist'. I've got no reason to violently advantage one in favour of the other if I want to improve the region."

"But the Psions and the Citadelians… Don't meet your requirements."

"Didn't meet my requirements."

"'Want the ends, want the means'. Still, for most people, going from throwing space stations at a planet to defending it with such fervour would require a major change in outlook."

"I wasn't particularly fervorous, to be honest." I sigh. "I'm.. rethinking my approach a little. Otherwise I might well have not bothered defending them. But the fact is there isn't anything worth salvaging here; utility would be maximised by exterminating them. Between my doubt and the fact that the local interdiction system messes up subspace storage, I wasn't anything like as effective as I'm used to being."

It would have been difficult to get a solid tether attached to the main mass of the railgun rounds through their plasma sheath, but it would have been slightly more efficient than what I was doing. The Guild don't use subspace but do occasionally find themselves at odds with species who do, so they pre-empted my efforts.

"But to return to the matter of Vega, you're satisfied with the Queen's behaviour?"

"She has been scrupulous in upholding her end of the agreement. What friction there has been comes from disagreements between the other parties. Though I must admit… Even damaged like this, I'm a little concerned about the Queen taking on this much additional industrial capacity."

"I assume that it's not practical for you to expand this far from Vega."

"You assume correctly. Unless you're going to give me Vran back, in which case things get a good deal easier."

The Dominion uses fixed portals to transport their fleets long distance. Putting one here and one in Vega would be a functional solution, but I'd have to either persuade the Dominion to let me rent one from them or create them myself and be prepared for their open hostility when they found out. They already don't like me for breaking Vril out in the first place.

But a large scale zeta radiation based system…

"I could make travelling back and forth a good deal easier. N.E.M.O. has the technology for interstellar gateways."

"That's Dominion technology."

I shake my head. "Similar concept, different execution. I can't promise you that they won't pick a fight over it, but it's not something they routinely do."

"Other places use your version?"

"My homeworld has been using them for years, and I know of one other planet that has a similar arrangement."

"Is there some other catch?"

"I don't intend to give it to you. The Queen's going to be paying you in goods and services to be the guarantor of the new treaty, but there will be a charge for the gateway."

"Per use, or..?"

"I think I'll lease it to you. For the duration of the contract. The more money you can make with it, the bigger your margin."

"A reasonable prospect. How cheap are they to run?"

"We use them for global planet-side transportation on my home world. Unless they're in continuous use, they're pretty darn cheap."

"So. I agree to protect the neighbouring polities against the Spider Guild, and the Spider Guild against the neighbouring polities. With a gate thrown in to make me appreciate the opportunities for diversification. And with the Guild making payment in kind, I can build up a huge tonnage in merchantmen while accessing a new pool of recruits."

I nod.

"Then I'd be a fool to reject it out of hand. Let me know when you've hammered out the specifics."

"Will do. Do you want a lift back to your ship?"

"No, I think I'll continue the tour, start speaking to the locals. Without you around. I imagine that they're finding you a little overwhelming at present."

"I'll see you later, then."

I step out and

reappear next to-.

"Not-Daddy!"

The Queen, as Princess perks up, and-.

"Princess, you appear to be furry."

"M-Hm. Mummy says that Spiders are too different from humanoid physiological norms to be erotically appealing, so the best I can do is look cute and inoffensive. And that means full body fur!"

She spreads out her upper arms.

"Hugs!"

I open my arms and she jumps, grabbing onto my torso and rubbing herself against me like a living spider-teddy. Her chitin is well covered and I can honestly see her being a far better diplomatic envoy than any the Guild has used to date.

I look up at her indulgent mother.

"Perhaps we could go over the terms I've been discussing with Amalak?"

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  15. Splinterface

Splinterface Getting sticky.

Pictured here: Paul not beating the spider-lover allegations.

16. JamesEye

JamesEye Not too sore, are you?

Spider daughter is cute and I hope nothing bad happens to her.

17. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

She's certainly approaching things in an objective manner.:V

18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Here we see someone who hasn't seen Green Lantern: Beware My Power.

Because if he had, he would know why that was a horrible idea.

There are multiple sections of Rule 34 that would disprove this.

Like seriously... Give her a general humanoid shape and stick something approaching boobs on her and you would be golden.

19. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I think this is another continuity error. Vran tried out being a Lantern, but then found it wasn't really her thing. Unless she didn't return to Amalak and went somewhere else after deciding against being an Orange Lantern. Maybe do something with Colu?

Cuchulin, _The_Bomb, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  20. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Admiring OL's handiwork, and perhaps wondering what the man might have done if Amalak's forces weren't making themselves useful, I bet. After all, his work upon the Citadel would also be coming to mind. The moral: Don't get on OL's bad side...

Sadly, the person - A Spider Guilder Yellow Lantern - he was sending it to didn't really bother listening to it. Too high on the power of Fear...

So many contradictions, eh? It's like he's doing whatever he feels like doing at the time.

Expediency. Needs must, and all that. In this case, he had to lay down with dogs, and was smart enough to have flea shampoo ready. :p

...That's honestly the best description of them I've heard.

And being OL's 'friend' is much healthier than being an enemy or an impediment.

Yeah, what few might still be around aren't exactly going to be doing much of anything.

Ah, did you read OL's book, Commodore? And 'Subspace interdiction', huh? Guess that makes as good an excuse as any, especially if you don't want to mention... Them.

And first amongst those who use subspace storage being Green Lanterns, eh? Not that they'd admit that's the reason for it, would they...

Bah, with the right tricks, distance mean nothing!

Eh, they already want him dead on a lab table, you think he cares about them not liking him? :p

Ooh, that's going to be quite the force multiplier. Drop a gateway assembler on a stealth ship, send it off to find a useful staging ground deep behind enemy lines...

:mad: "You are infringing on our intellectual property!"
    :cool: "You're just mad because you didn't think of it first..."
    :eek: "...Curse you!"

...Oh, right, Rann is a thing. Honestly surprised he hasn't met with Adam Strange on-screen. Guess he's been off-world.

And make it expensive, so he doesn't treat it casually...

That faint 'cha-ching' sound you hear is Amalak musing over the potential profits...

Admittedly, Zeta-beams can be disrupted by bad weather. But I doubt Dolmen Gates would work in this situation...

Yes, quite the potential profit indeed. and you'll hold the keys to the only fast route to access all that.

Just in case any locals are holding grudges against anthropoids. ...Or are hungry.

Yes, well, they've got good reason to think that...

Ah, meeting with the Spider-Queen of Vega... And her princess.

So... A little something like this? x3 As if she wasn't adorable enough...

Well, appealing to most people, anyway. Some folks...

Especially if she remains this enthusiastic.

Quit talking business for a bit and relax, OL. Enjoy the fluffy spider-hugs.

So, taking a break from bugging the League, huh? Probably for the best. Might have trouble getting any of the others to agree to having you shadow them anytime soon. Nice to see the fallout of Chughraghahh <cough> isn't going away anytime soon either. It'll be interesting to see what he can try next to make himself a bit lighter and softer...

21. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Vran is in Colu.

A strike force of green Lanterns took the computer tyrants out after the orange corps facilitated the civilians rescue.

Mr Zoat last thing we hear of Vran she was thinking of going to eventually return to Amalak after she helped organize her people.

The computer tyrants are kaput.

Zoat do you want us to go over the space threats that have been neutralized by Paul and his corps?

kerleth, Ardy and Lord Ernest like this.
  22. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

’Want’
    Also, isn’t it usually ‘Want the ends, want the means.’?

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The best thing to happen in this fic is back!

Ahh, this isn't exactly true.

24. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Don't tell the Spider Guild about buggies.

Aww, cute Spider-not daughter! Though it is interesting to see how things are going with Amalak, and what would happen if he knows about Krytponians on Earth

25. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

26. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

27. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

"88w88 what's this?"

Anyway, there's at least one subreddit I could point to that shows there's potential...

Then again, I'm the one that's still hoping OL will eventually realize his mistake in pursuing Jade, and finally return to the best girl, Spider Queen. OLxSpiderQueenOTP

28. 1moleman

1moleman Know what you're doing yet?

im now imagining the spider princess raising her arms above her head and wiggling her butt, and then Paul thinks it is a request for a hug.

Poor Princess did all the research on Earth Mating rituals and her Not-Daddy didnt even pay any attention - <spider-pout>

-for reference image search "peacock spider"

29. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

We said that about the cat.

30. dxdragon

dxdragon Experienced.

I was JUST thinking about her!
    Was thinking how it was incredibly rude of Paul to crush the newborn Princess's feelings, and if he was doing something "good" right now related to the Spiders he might want to check in on her.

Now, here's hoping he checks in on Jade, and then Starfire & Blackfire.