1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. BlackCoat13

BlackCoat13 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Supes hears knocking on the door to the Fortress of Solitude, opens door enter Mrs. Claus with a bakesheet of cookies.

2. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I cannot recall any timeline where a Kryptonian or Kryptonian hybrid baby heat visioned its mother from inside the womb.

There is a timeline, Armageddon 2001, in which Lois was killed with the baby's first kick. In despair Clark left Earth and it looked like Maxima was going to get to add Kryptonian powers to the royal bloodline like she always wanted.

So it is hypothetically possible for a Kryptonian hybrid baby to have powers while still in the womb, but that was an outlier.

3. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

I am confused on the issues, since they're usually not an issue. Depending on continuity Clark didn’t have powers as a baby and needed to be older for them to come in, and I doubt the baby would have access to sunlight in a womb. Plus even super stong muscles doesn't change the purpose and flexibility of everything.

Santa is real and powerful, able to get through and Apokolypse worth of defenses in order to give Darkseid coal every year. Do not mess with Santa. Not even Batman could keep him out.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Pretty sure that's how Rebecca Butcher dies in The Boys. The comic, obviously.

5. woweed

woweed Know what you're doing yet?

I'm reminded of one Teen Titans comic where Kid Flash mentions he still believes in Santa, and, when questioned, notes that every one of Santa's supposed powers is held by some member of the JLA.

6. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Heck, Flash could run fast enough if he had fuel... like a plate of cookies every house

7. Stsword

Homelander doesn't seem to be solar powered, so I don't consider him a close enough expy to matter for that sort of thing.

8. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

That baby wasn't Kryptonian though. Just a superficially similar power set.

9. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I still don't understand how they square that in The Boys. How can he fuck her and impregnate her if she's normal, but then she can't survive the baby.

If Homelander's physiology is that dangerous, or any of the other metapsychos, how would he be able to fuck her in the first place? So they handwave the fuck but not the pregnancy?

How does this Superman fuck Lois then? Do they go to a red sunlight room in the house or what? And if she gets pregnant, wouldn't they be able to monitor the baby to check the development of those weird things that process the yellow sunlight? And if those develop, wouldn't they be present in the placenta as well, since they connect to the baby's blood? Wouldn't that mean that during the pregnancy the uterus would have a level or Kryptonian/Human hybridization as well and essentially assist the mother?

I know that there are reasons why it shouldn't or may not work, but we are talking about fantastical individuals, superheroics and a fantasy/science-fiction setting. If there's an explanation for why powers and magic work, there's an explanation for why sex and fantastical reproduction work as well. I never understand why you can handwave one and not the other, seems like unnecessary drama.

10. Mr Zoat

Well, in the comics it wasn't Homelander. If I had to guess I'd say that he was careful while he raped her and that his cum doesn't have a much higher muzzle velocity than a baseline human's.

11. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

RamiroGalletti likes this.
  12. Mr Zoat

No, that's not right. It would need to be 'society is by looking at', and it's fine as it is.
    Ah, the Fiction Scale of Hardness.

13. fappingtoyourpost

fappingtoyourpost Know what you're doing yet?

God, Paul's inner thoughts are bleak here. Completely missing the point of morality being different from different from parity or prudence, you can gauge morality based on the treatment of prisoners precisely because you owe them nothing and they offer you nothing. Sometimes the blue and orange morality of enlightenment really shines through.

The most human alien trying to advise the most alien human. I'm not sure supes could even get into Paul's head to see how he's gone so wrong.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
    KenNM, Otto von Saurion, m_d and 7 others like this.
  14. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Oh right, it was his even more psychotic clone, right? But it's supposed to be the same powers, no? And how the hell do you rape someone carefully? I'm not sure I even want to know.

And even though I haven't read the comics, I'm fairly certain I've seen an image of Homelander blowing someone's head off with a cumshot. I'm not sure I can link to it in this section of the forum. So again, they handwave some stuff and then don't, just for drama.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  15. Mr Zoat

I don't remember that happening. The closest I can call to mind comes from The Pro, where the Superman-expy she's blowing shouts 'move your head' before cumming hard enough to down a passenger aircraft.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'are anything'

That may not be so good since these guys were slavers, so Amalak's guys may want to hurt them.

Darkseid really hates him.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That can seriously lead to some cornfield shit.

18. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

There is actually a Comic Book were that does happen.

Edit: That's also why the retcon of "Superman didn't get his powers until his teen years" used to be a thing, because the idea of the Kents being able to hide a baby with superpowers keep getting more and more ridiculous over time.

19. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I wonder if Vran Gozzi will show up again. She quit the OLC, she didn't go back to Amalak, did she go to Colu?

20. kerleth

kerleth Getting out there.

It is definitely an uncomfortable feeling. I would argue that the cruelty is actually the people that convinced the kid of a lie which made finding out the truth hurt them. If someone had convinced teenage me that I would inherit a billion dollars the day I turned 30 and I built my life around that, it is not the person that helps me realize it wasn't actually going to happen who was cruel.

In this case any cruelty would be the result of Supes not thinking things through very well, and the people who taught him to look at the world that way. Assuming of course that Santa isn't real. If he is then the whole thing is a moot point.

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I'm going to have to ask you name the book, because I am super skeptical something like that would be allowed in a mainstream DC release.

Otto von Saurion and Cuchulin like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

23. Stsword

Action comics 711.

Conduit wanted revenge on Clark because he did better at high school sports than him, and Conduit blamed him for "cheating with Kryptonian powers" so it was Clark's "fault" that Kenny's father was never proud of him.

When he confronted Clark about it, Clark's response was "But my powers didn't even develop until my late teens. All I had were will and determination."

So we can believe the big blue boy scout that it was in fact impossible for him to cheat at high school sports because he didn't have powers when he played high school sports, or believe the the maniac who built a robot Smallville complete with a robot Lois to be his girlfriend and a stadium of robot dads so his father would finally be proud of him, which requires believing that not only was Superman a cheater, but such an asshole he'd rather lie than just apologize for cheating when called on it.

Of course, DC being DC, they then have Chris showing up and having powers as a toddler, because consistency is for people who aren't paid in drugs and booze.

24. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

Man, DC comics in the heyday was wild.
    I guess blue kryptonite didn't exist in that universe.
    I blame Smallville. But then, retcons have been a problem at DC long before then.

25. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Actually in Smallville Clark got his powers as a teen and they took years to grow. Early seasons are okay, problem is as the show gor popular they forced the show to keep going going and going...

26. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

Pretty sure they got obvious during puberty actually, and they were definitely there by the time high school started, so the thing about him being a 'cheater' would have had some credibility.

27. TheLunarwolf

TheLunarwolf Making the rounds.

What you need to do is find a really devout young adult, and have a discussion on how Santa is the patron saint of Thieves, Pawnbrokers and Brewers.

28. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

No... I meant the thing about pregnancies...

kerleth, Jaron and BlackCoat13 like this.
  29. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

You forget about Oh El talking with the Silvanas about the pregnancy of super babies so he is not just basing things on a comic book he read once.

And you missed this:

Otto von Saurion and Ardy like this.
  30. Stsword

Actually in Smallville he always had some superstrength and resistance to injury, but they grew with time.

Martha first noticed his freakish strength the first day they brought him home. As a kid he broke the kitchen table in half, put holes in walls, and lifted a 500 lb bed.

High school football was the first sport he ever played because the Kents were too afraid of him accidentally hurting one of his peers.

Probably contributed to Smallville Clark having that cool loser thing going on- smart, nice, tall, but generally keeps his distance.

Which is why I like the "powerless Clark as a kid" really- Clark in his heart of hearts, is supposed to see himself as just Clark from Smallville, a man of the people, even when he has the power to rip a god in half. I find that hardly believable when Clark was alienated by his godlike powers, an outsider looking in, hiding behind secrets, since the time he was in diapers.