1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

Why u do this? Why?

KenNM and w34v3r like this.
  2. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Or it’s a horrible miscommunication where she thought that she had accurately communicated her intentions and the cultural divide was just so great that neither of them realised

kerleth and m_d like this.
  3. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Not impossible, but with this latest update that seems...optimistic.

kerleth and Lord Ernest like this.
  4. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Wait, £200? *blinks, checks conversion rates* I don't remember paying that much for it... *checks bottom of keyboard* Oh, this is a G815, which has a $50 cheaper list price. The G915 is the wireless version. And I think I might have gotten a discount on it, too, though it's been a while so I don't remember for sure. But I expect this keyboard to serve me for a very long time.

Usually one word.

5. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

My money is on she found out the hard way that men aren't as an easy lay anymore and was getting a bit desperate as the no's started piling up.

Ngamer11 likes this.
  6. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

I knew what the link was, and was not dissapointed.

Because Stjepan Šejić is an international treasure.

kerleth likes this.
  7. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

If you do find the video, please let me know.

8. Threadmarks: Uncomplicated Good Works (part 19)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

22nd December 2012
    17:03 GMT +3

"…understand why you think that, but that's not what happened."

Karyne nods, though I can't help but think that she looks a little disappointed.

"So you did not sire every newborn in the city?"

"No. Um. And it would be unwise for me to sire more than a couple in any case. They would all be half-brothers and half-sisters, so the risk of-."

Okay, they're farmers, so I'm going to assume that they know that inbreeding is bad, even if they don't know what genes are, but a technical explanation using words that Themysciran Greek doesn't have isn't going to help.

"Their own children would risk being malformed." She nods. "I was not aware that was a problem for demigods."

"I wouldn't want to risk it just in case."

"Then, how did the children come to be? You implied that they did not cross through the gateway during the Festival."

"I haven't told the rest of the world about the Festival, and I really don’t think it would be a good idea."

She frowns. "Why?"

"Because we're talking about men who aren't familiar with Themysciran culture, and I'd rather avoid a great brawl."

She perks up slightly. "We could have them fight one another for the prize of impregnating us?"

"That-. Not on short notice, though if you really want to hold a… A studding tournament, I… Could organise that. If you really wanted."

"I will be third, so it will not be for a few years yet. But I thank you for the offer and will consider it." She looks away for a moment, smiling slightly guiltily. "So where did the children come from?"

"To put it simply, I can take a small part of the body of one woman, turn it into the part of a man which quickens a woman's womb, and ensure that she becomes pregnant with it."

Her eyes widen and her right hand clamps over her mouth.

Um.

"If you want a more technical explan-"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"-ation-?"

She doubles over, arms clasping her chest as she tries to stop laughing long enough to breathe.

Um.

The front door opens and another woman walks in. Her skin is a little paler and her hair is brown rather than black.

"Chloe! Chloe!" Karyne unhunches and dashes over to her wife. "The city-women, they can make finger-penises!"

Chloe look puzzled as Karyne embraces her for stability as she starts laughing again, then she looks over Karyne's shoulder at me, squinting and shaking her head in mystification.

I shake my head back. "That's not what I said. Just that I had a way for one woman to make another pregnant without needing a man.""Other than me, to enable it. Though a woman from-. Of my cult could do the same."

She frowns, and appears to be a little disturbed. "Why?"

"Some of those women have been together for millennia, and they preferred having a child related by blood to both of them to being intimate with a man. An attitude which I understand much better than what Medina did."

"Ah." Karyne straightens up, humour fleeing. "Yes."

"What.. did Medina do?"

Karyne shakes her head. "We're waiting until everyone is here. They… Want us… Her, to explain herself in the forum."

"That is no surprise. When Queen-."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaagh!"

They both glance around, but the screaming sounds more excited than anything else. Through the wall I see Kal-El carry another woman into the courtyard.

"Ma'am?"

"Aaaah!"

"Ma'am, you can let go-."

Chloe rolls her eyes and walks back outside.

"Tryphena, let him go."

"He can fly! Like the Princess! Can I pick him?"

"Excuse me?"

"No. Medina has upset people and the forum wants to talk to us."

Kal-El comes in first, with Tryphena following him with a decidedly predatory look in her eyes. Chloe looks awkwardly at the back of Kal-El's head for a moment, then turns back to the main gates as Medina and Rina approach from the animal pens. Medina isn't showing in the conventional sense yet, but a quick scan shows that the foetus is in good health. As they enter the room, Rina doesn't look particularly happy about us being here. Medina on the other hand-

"Delivery was an option?"

-doesn't seem troubled at all.

Which is hopeful, in a way. If backward-looking women in the backwoods of Themyscira don’t object to having men around, then I don't think I need to worry about the minority who do having a support base somewhere.

"Not at this stage. Medina-."

"Felix isn't happy. The Queen already sent word about that."

Kal-El nods. "Apparently, you didn't mention that you were from Themyscira. Not until you were leaving."

Chloe looks around in surprise. "Medi?"

"I didn't hide it."

"Medi!"

"I didn't! I think I-." She frowns, trying to remember. "I said I was Greek, from an island, and that I was a Hellenist. I remember that clearly, because we talked about his god and the burning cage in the sky. I don't clearly remember saying that I am from Themyscira, but…" She looks awkwardly at Kal-El. "Wasn't it obvious?"

"Not according to him. He thought that you were dating."

"Ah."

Rina raises her right eyebrow. "'Dating'?"

"Arranged meeting during courtship where the two people involved find out whether they're compatible."

Her eyes widen, and she inclines her head towards Medina, who shakes her head.

"No! I just met him several times to ensure that he was of good character, then we had sex several times until it took."

"That's the same thing."

She frowns. "It is?"

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  9. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

10. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I'm not a historian, but is courtship a big deal in the time period of Greece back when the Amazons weren't separated from the rest of the world?

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ahh, Paul.

Always fingering people and spiders.

He's spoken for.

Ehh, to be fair it could also happen in a friendship or just an interest in a general hook-up for sex, but lacking any romantic elements in it, so Paul is only partially right.

12. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

That was thousands of years ago and Zoat already said their memories aren't enhanced.

Also, by Hepheastian, did no one vet the women who went to America??? Do some some sort of course plus quizz?

13. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, looks like she's the mature voice of reason amongst her group. Let's hope she can help sort things out without too much shouting. At least, other than Medina getting a solid chewing out concerning modern relationships and the expectations involved...

Oh, ho, that story has spread, and people are already misunderstanding it. I expect the Pavlova will have a quite interesting childhood in the years to come.

Yes, OL, they are farmers, and they do understand breeding. Especially the potential for mutations. As for the viability of divine lineages, keep in mind: Some Hellenic heroes have Zeus pop up in multiple places in their family tree...

...Man, Themyscira could well become the next big Spring Break destination of word of that got out.

...Wait until you meet your first drunken frat boy, and then ask that.

...Honestly, I could see that becoming a popular tradition. :p Especially amongst the aforementioned Drunken Frat Boy demographic.

...Ah, she has a thing for gentlemen fighting, eh? x3 Keep in mind that traditional Hellenic pankration was normally done nude.

Oh, she's gotten completely the wrong idea, hasn't she?

Hey, never know if she's got a hidden knowledge of anatomical sciences as they were during the mainland days...

...Yep, she's picturing something entirely inappropriate.

Well done, OL, she's literally about to ROFL. :rolleyes: Amusingly, I've had moments like that, where laughing irrationally overrides the need to breathe... I'm sure we all have.

...Yeah, she definitely pictured something inappropriate. And hilarious. :p

'Cult' is probably the best way to explain a Lantern Corps, I guess.

Yes, I do vaguely remember that little discussion he had with... Someone? Where he explained his views on fatherhood. Most notably wanting to avoid the 'fire and forget' type of relationship.

Well, that dampened the mood right quick.

Ah, good to see Karyne's not the only sensible one in the poly.

o_O Carry how? Bridal-style? Fireman's lift? Is she clambering to his head and shoulders like a cat? :p

...Yeah, I'm going with the third option. :D And also picturing Daffy Duck when confronted with a large pile of money.

Ah, the quirky one? No doubt they have lots of laughs over her antics.

Sorry, he's got a prior claim. And she's a lot stronger than you are, honey.

Hmm. I'm betting Rina isn't interested in taking part in the old 'baby-seeking expedition' tradition.

Oh, this is going to be entertaining.

Don't take one small farm as a barometer of the whole island, OL. I don't doubt there's groups that embrace the man-hating ways.

Lady doesn't seem too concerned about all the trouble she could be in, does she?

...Not mentioning it at all doesn't count, honey.

I mean, the average Amazon is a fairly fit, attractive young lady. It's not like they have glowing marks all over them that declare 'Themysciran Amazon' to all and sundry.

No 'Well, that's his problem' response? I do hope you plan to be reasonable, then.

Something which might have taken place occasionally back in the day, but not as often as modern folks do.

...Yeah, those are dates. Complete with First, Second, Third bases and the Home Run.

It is these days. Though the sex isn't always involved.

So, I take it that's everybody in the group marriage. A regular five-man... Er, -woman band, I see. Assuming Felix is ready, I'm sure OL can arrange for them all to meet, ideally before it goes before the general public. I suspect everyone involved would rather their dirty laundry not be aired before the ladies of the Forum. Though there'll still have to be discussion on what to do next time something like this happens...

14. AmericanNumbers

AmericanNumbers Not too sore, are you?

You have to keep in mind that the last time people from Medina's area did this? The men from the surrounding areas knew it was a thing and the Christian family model wasn't in practice anywhere close. So there needs to be some briefing packages prepared for the Amazons when leaving.

15. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

When it comes to inbreeding? I have two words to remember, Blue Fugates.

16. Sojiko

Sojiko Getting sticky.

Yeah, that's about what I was expecting. Just a huge miscommunication due to completely different cultures. And one of them being an idiot.

Ardy, TopHatWearer and RichardWhereat like this.
  17. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Colts fan. Anime fan. Breast and back fan.

I very much like this chapter and all the hilarity it brought forth.

Ardy and TopHatWearer like this.
  18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Long story short.

Courtship in ancient Greece was a guy going to a Father and offering him whatever for his Daughter. If the Father liked the guy, liked the guys family, or liked what the guy was offering, the Father would say "okay my daughter will marry you" and that was that.

19. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

.... I wanna see them end up together.
    They're both from a similar family background right?
    Farms.

20. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

’hand’

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The family reunions are probably very difficult when their son/nephew/grandson/brother/cousin/uncle/grandfather Zeus comes along.

True, but they may still not be for romantic interests or courtship.

They could be for just a hook-up, but one side wants to make sure the other is trustworthy.

They may not want to have anything to do with the person they're having sex with after the act, but they want to be certain that they'll be okay, since what if the complete stranger you just met decides that he doesn't care if you say no.

22. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Don't be rude! 100% of those spiders were people!

23. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

24. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

kerleth likes this.
  25. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

I don't know, my dating was far less successful than that.

And a few women before my wife who seemed interested in more were very clear about the limits of our relationship. And turned out to not be interested.

I wish there were more people out there, men and women, who would be willing to talk with their significant other before issues like this kind of thing could even occur.

Ardy, Prince Charon, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  26. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

But actually, Jingles...

Inbreeding and linebreeding - the breeding of descendants of multiple generations back to an original ancestor - are standard animal husbandry practices, for the fixing of desirable traits in offspring.

For instance, say you have a white hen. One day, it lays a clutch of eggs, and one hatches into a black rooster. Once it matures, you mate the that rooster back to that hen (inbreeding), in order that - ideally - the eggs from that will produce multiple black roosters. You then mate those back to the original hen (linebreeding) to further fix the 'black rooster' genes.

At this point, you start bringing in outside blood to avoid the odds of negative traits expressing going crazy. So - they would know that excessive inbreeding is bad, being farmers, it being a bad thing in humans overall is not necessarily something that would come up.

...of course it's not necessarily entirely bad, or at least dangerous from a biological/genetic standpoint, in humans either. Things like-

- and the Habsburgs are the result of multi-generational inbreeding; a 'first generation' child would be very unlikely to show any significant negative genetic traits (unless both sets of grandparents had matching negative recessive genes, which if they were unrelated should be unlikely). The 'they'll have a third eye and webbed feet!' stereotypes are exaggerated to reinforce the societial negativity.

Which is, of course, a rather important point, and the fact Paul isn't interested in doing so at all is the even bigger concern.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    Cuchulin, Vorian, Ina_Meishou and 2 others like this.
  27. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

I still can't get over the kids being called Pavlova considering it is also the name of a dessert. Just kind of funny.

And yeah this seems straightforward. They were both operating from different cultural contexts. It isn't unusual to just have a short term sexual relationship like that. But a woman from American culture would likely say so given the default is an expectation of more, while a Themiscyran would expect the opposite.

Cuchulin, Ardy and Bud-E like this.
  28. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Yeah but that still raises the point of what should they do now? They both understand the other now but Rodriguez still wants to be in his child's life while Medina and her wives probably want nothing to do with him. So unless shared custody becomes a thing in Theymiscria there right back to where they started.

Cuchulin, Ardy, jonasquinn and 2 others like this.
  29. Radix

Radix Not too sore, are you?

The child is in the mother's jurisdiction. So that would simplify it imo without any agreement between governments.

One of the key things in custody in American courts is that it is assumed to be better for the child to have both parents present in their life. But if there already are 2 (or more) parents, that kind of counters that. There could be exceptions in some jurisdictions, but my impression is that an affair baby is still considered the husband's legally if they accept it. It is very hard to get parental rights when there already are parents who love and accept the child. Especially if the other parent signs the birth certificate.

Bud-E and Cuchulin like this.
  30. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

This is going to the forum.

So it will be a matter of how many reject the idea of an Amazon having a father in her life. The traditional viewpoint.

How many think that if the father wishes to be a parent he should be allowed to do so. Modernists willing to adapt with the times.

And those who think that stronger ties with the outside world are worth compromise. The pragmatists.

Cuchulin, Ardy, jonasquinn and 3 others like this.