1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfic Search Thread

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Biigoh, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Like the label on the tin, this thread is for people to hunt down fanfics or quests...

Please be kind enough to help out a fellow QQ'er.

2. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

So I spent most of the day looking for this Naruto fanfic and could not find it.

It starts off with Naruto as a chunin on a mission with Asuma and Genma (maybe) protecting some noble on the road. The noble gets knocked out by Naruto for being annoying. then his wife has sex with Naruto (off scene) as a thank you for shutting him up. The next scene has Naruto giving a report to the Hokage whose Minato. Naruto apparently doesn't know that Minato and Kushina are his parents or that he's the host of the Kyuubi, nor does anyone else know that.

The next chapter has Naruto living in the red light district and meeting with his landlord who is cooking meth with a blonde crackwhore in the building's basement. Naruto accepts the landlord's job to rob some rich civilian family and does the job. Afterwards he runs into the Hokage's daughter who wants him to teach her after seeing him beet up some Uchia police members. Naruto then gets dragged to Hokage home by his sister and gets forced to stay for dinner by Kushina who wants to get to know her son.

The last time I read the fic was like a month after it was posted and I just remembered it this morning. At the time it was just two chapters and I'm curious if it was continued.

3. Aerhyce

Aerhyce Making the rounds.

Hi peeps!

Looking for a DifferentSummon!ZnT fic, featuring Kotomine Kirei as the familiar!

Name may be something like "Priest of Zero", IIRC.
    Seems that the FFN version of it got deleted, can't find it anywhere else!

4. Biigoh

That sounds like a crack worthy Naruto fic... @_@

ALso that ZnT fic, name of author?

5. Flabbyknight

Flabbyknight Manic Moon

This is the only one that I know of that has Kirei in familiar of zero it has one chapter and never updated.

6. Aerhyce

Aerhyce Making the rounds.

Nope, not the one I'm seeking, sorry.

(Mine had multiple chapters, forgot to mention).

7. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I'm trying to find a bunch of Kim Possible fics I read once, all by the same author. I can remember what a number of them were about, but not any of their titles. I'm almost certain they were on fanfiction.net, but I can't find them in my faves list, which means I either forgot to fave any of them, or they got taken down.
    If anyone can identify the titles and/or author's name, I would be grateful (even more so if you pointed me to a surviving copy):
    • Kim Possible X Dr. Director. Semi-crack - Follows Dr. Director as Kim tries to convince her to go on a date. Eventually she succeeds. Later, Kim has to introduce her to her parents - despite not having told them about her new lover's age... or gender.
    • Dr. Director X Mrs. Possible. They are having an affair. First couple chapters cover their motivations and a date. Then Gemini finds out about it, and kidnaps Mrs. Possible as an attack on Dr. Director - not realizing that Mrs. Possible is related to Kim. GJ raid his office and save her.
    • Kim X All the Go Brothers. Pure Crack. Shego is stalking Kim, catches her in bed with one of the Go brothers. Then he leaves - and another of the brothers was hiding in the closet. He leaves, and the twins come out from under the bed. Etc. Shego is so depressed and horrified she commits suicide.
    • Shego-centric fic serious fic. Shego gets a call from one of her brothers - the eldest brother (Hego, I think?) was mortally wounded protecting a bus full of children from poisonous birds of some type. Shego comes home to say goodbye. He makes her promise to watch over the others. After he dies, she goes after the villain who released the birds, looking for revenge. She nearly kills him, but is convinced at the last moment to take him in alive, because that's what her brother would have done. At the funeral, Shego talks to Kim and explains that she is sociopathic - she simply does not care for the well-being of strangers. If she could 'flip a switch and make it so all those kids were dead and her brother alive, she'd do it in a heartbeat'. Kim is shocked, but comes to understand Shego better. Shego decides to stay - not rejoining the Go team, but giving up her life of crime to protect them as she promised.
    • One-shot. Dr. Director and Mrs. Possible are talking in Mrs. Possible's office. Dr. Director talks about her past, and her long-time rivalry with a thief she could never catch, who inspired her to remain in law-enforcement, and how she's thankful, now, to that thief. Mrs. Possible was that thief - she realizes that this woman is the determined officer her pursued her all those years ago. Mrs. Possible teeters on the verge of admitting it was her. She ends up giving a thinly veiled statement that 'she is sure the thief cared about you too and is thankful as well'.
    There were a couple other ones I don't remember well - very cracky and sometimes sexual. Does anyone recognize these?

Much-delayed edit: Found them!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  8. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Looking for a Harry Potter story. I don't recall much about it, but a major plot point was that Hermione was revealed to be a high-functioning sociopath*. This is presented as an explanation for her rule-loving nature early in the series - being herself incapable of comprehending what is morally right or wrong or judging what is socially acceptable, she substitutes slavish obedience to the published standards of behavior, i.e. the Rules - as well as her total lack of compunction about the her morally questionable actions in the pursuit of her goals later on (e.g. getting people to sign a cursed parchment without warning them, mind-wiping her own parents, etc.). In particular, one example that is given is her attitude towards house-elves: she is literally incapable of grasping the difference between the enslavement of house-elves and the enslavement of humans, so she reacts to their treatment the same ways she understands that she ought to react if humans were being treated that way.
    I'm pretty sure the fic was set well after Hogwarts, and I think it was Harry/Hermione.

*: I'm not sure if this is the correct term, nor do I recall if the fic itself used it. As I recall, the fic presented her as being incapable of innately judging morally right from wrong or identifying what is socially acceptable behavior, but it did not present her as being incapable of genuine emotion; in particular, while many of her friendships and relationships were simulated on her part, her care for Harry (and possibly Ron) is genuine.

Much-delayed edit: Found it!

Biigoh: Might I suggest moving the thread to (or at least linking to it from) the main Creative Writing sticky list? Every time I look for this thread, it takes me forever to find because I don't think to look in the Index subforum; I expect Index to contain, well, indexes, not search and discussion threads. I don't think I'm alone in that; the NSFW search thread, which lives in the main NSFW Creative Writing forum, has 10 times as many views as this one.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. Biigoh

And done~

10. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I think I read this fic.

Unfortunately I don't remember where or the title.

RazielofSecrets and Ddmkm122 like this.
  11. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Danke, Herr Flauschigenschwanz.

12. Fishyface

Fishyface Not too sore, are you?

Trying to find a Naruto fic where Naruto faces down an army of people blindfolded for a suicide mission. Any ideas? I don't remember the author.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  13. Odin

Odin Forgotten Fallacy

Looking for any Thinker!Taylor fics, I only recall reading two. One where she gets PtV and gets the cape name 'fedorable' and another where she has a variation on Dinah's power she uses by rolling dice. Both were very interesting but also very short. Any suggestions?

14. theprofool

theprofool Making the rounds.

The dice fic is Alea Iacta Est [literally "the die is cast"] it's by Ack and you can find it probably both here and FanFiction.net.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11373478/1/Alea-Iacta-Est

I don't know about the other one.

15. Odin

Odin Forgotten Fallacy

Ah, sorry. Misunderstanding. I meant to ask for fics other than those two.

16. Zackarix

Zackarix Hera's Divorce Lawyer

17. Odin

Odin Forgotten Fallacy

18. theprofool

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/el-ahrairah-worm.372987/

How about this one? She's a Thinker and there's Cauldron involved if I remember.

19. GSpectre

GSpectre Lurker

Anyone know of a generally good space battle fic, along the lines of 'The Dilgar War' in terms of quality? Fandom... doesn't really matter. I'm just in the mood for some well written mass space combat. Thanks in advance...

20. Odin

Odin Forgotten Fallacy

21. theprofool

I read the first chapter or so of a fic where Taylor triggered with Screamer's power and ended up killing everyone in her school and then got out of the transport to the birdcage with help from Bakuda. I think it was on SB?

Anyone remember the name? I can't find it in my history.

22. Cyclone

Cyclone Disciple of Zor

With a Whisper.

23. Jacks_Username

Jacks_Username Getting some practice in, huh?

I am looking for a Worm fanfiction where a crack opens, or crystal appears in Brockton Bay, emitting light and maybe other stuff. Some of Danny's friends ended up in quarantine after it opened.

At some point, Taylor gets on stage and diffuses a riot.

Taylor has a different power, maybe something to do with religion or faith.

It has been a while since I read it - details are vague.

24. Zackarix

Zackarix Hera's Divorce Lawyer

Herein Lies Thou

25. theprofool

Maybe I just dreamt the same thing twice but is there a story where a member of the slaughterhouse 9 has baseball involved in their powers? I think they end up turning on the group?

Sorry I can't be more specific it's a half-remembered everything, what with dreaming.

26. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Looking for a Harry Potter one-shot.

It had Harry waking up in a girl's body, with the whole cast also genderbent. And I mean everyone, even the professors. (Imagane Snape as a woman with the same hair...)

Anyway, the headmistress can't help with the situation so he goes to sulk. Then comes F!Draco with some kind of spiel and Harry goes and kisses her to shut her up.

In the end we are shown from Hermione's viewpoint that F!Harry seduced the boys and is currently sleeping in the pile of them...

RazielofSecrets, Tsee and Ddmkm122 like this.
  27. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

I am looking for a Worm fanfiction. The only thing I remember about it is that Sophia gets called into Piggots office and is asked to give her her cell phone so it can be checked for information about pranks on Taylor. Sophia goes to delete the texts and gets informed that Kid Win will be able to retrieve anything she deletes, so she phases it to shadows and throws it out the window. Aegis comes in with the phone saying that he and Vista managed to catch it. The scene ends with Sophia freaking out and then getting tasered by Piggot.

Don't remember the author or which website I found it on...

RazielofSecrets, Ddmkm122 and Ack like this.
  28. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

I remember that scene. I think it's one of Ack's stories?

29. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

Found it :/ I was getting things confused when I was looking...

30. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

Which one was it?