1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[RPG] Naruto Reincarnation!

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Thomas Johnston, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Thomas Johnston

Thomas Johnston Ascended Scathach Enjoyer

Don't you know you never challenge a DM like that, I'll be making rolls for random encounters and events!

2. Xamusel

Xamusel Currently a Gamma-11 on FFN

...*ahem* Ryu, just so you know, I'll be keeping a tally of the votes for you. I don't know if you found the vote tallying program on this forum, but I figured I would help you out some, in case you didn't.

In any case... mrttao wasn't challenging you, I don't think. He can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Now, onto the important stuff, at least for this quest:

[x] Konohagakure
    -[x] Uzumaki Descendant

3. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I said you are correct in your recollection of naruto cannon.
    Agreeing with the QM about something not even related to the quest is hardly challenging him

4. Thomas Johnston

"Most Ninja Never Make it to Jonin (Although we obviously will)"

That was your challenge, plus it's a joke, text doesn't translate teasing very well

mrttao likes this.
  5. Xamusel

...okay, even if someone like me (who is almost literally blind to sarcasm on the net) is unable to tell teasing apart from anything else, I would've expected someone else to pick up on that instead. I guess I was wrong.

6. Thomas Johnston

Alright guys! Closing the voting for the starting location/perk! Will be posting the next part tomorrow!
    [x] Konohagakure
    -[x] Uzumaki Descendant
    (6 Votes)

[X] Kumogakure
    -[X] Ride the Lighting!
    (2 Votes)

[X] Konohagakure
    -[X] Eyes in the back of your head
    (1 Vote)

[X] Konohagakure
    -[X] Troublesome
    (1 Vote)

[X] Mizugakure
    -Making a Splash (1 Vote)

7. verynew

verynew Versed in the lewd.

[x] Konohagakure
    -[x] Uzumaki Descendant
    I can feel the power!!!

mrttao likes this.
  8. Thomas Johnston

Sorry, you missed the voting period, but that is where the votes went

9. verynew

I know, that is why I noted that "I can feel the power"

10. Threadmarks: Chapter Two
    Thomas Johnston

[X] Konohagakure
    - [Uzumaki Decent]

Right, you pressed your selection with your currently nonexistent arm… goddamn that’s awkward…, it had the chance of being dangerous, but hell, so did everything else in this world, hopefully you don’t regret it down the road.
    You have chosen to be an Uzumaki in Konohagakure, I hope you are ready for the attention such a thing will give you!
    Please Select Three Skills from the following list of starting perks!

[]Fangirl (Character will be Female upon creation) - You are a member of a Fangirl Horde. Your skills at stalking your target are second to none, but you give Kunoichi everywhere a bad name. - Start as a female, gain Stalking and Info Gathering Skills - Write in object of you ‘affections’

[]Angsty Avenger - Your family is dead, and now you're going to find and kill the one responsible, no matter what! - +10 to combat related rolls, -10 to social related rolls and are easily manipulated by others

[]No Jutsu - Your Chakra coils are damaged such that you cannot use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu. However, you have trained your skills in Taijutsu to make up for this. - Unable to use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu

[]Duck and Cover! - Sharp and pointy things have always fascinated you, and throwing weapons like kunai and shuriken have always felt at home in your hand - until they were thrown anyways, so it was no surprise when you grabbed up as many as you could. - Start with Intermediate Shurikenjutsu, but you will always have to buy more stocks of them compared to others.

[]Feel the Burn! - Fire has always warmed people in the cold nights, chased predators away with its light, and burned your enemies to ash! You little pyro you, fire is your go to weapon of choice when it comes to dealing with your enemies. Start with Natural Fire Affinity

[]Make a Splash - Not much can stop a rushing tide of water, and no one complains about a source of freshwater, just make sure you don’t drown yourself in your own technique! - Start with Natural Water Affinity

[]Blow them Away - Even the greatest of mountains are laid low when it comes to the wind, You will blow people off their feet when you enter battle. - Start with Natural Wind Affinity

[]Strength of the Earth - Being buried alive is a fate nobody wants, and you can impart that fear into your enemies! Just remember, you can’t breath earth yourself! - Start with Natural Earth Affinity

[]Shock and Awe - No one can miss your techniques on the field with the light and noise they generate, hopefully your enemies can keep their nervous systems intact when you're through with them! - Start with Natural Lightning Affinity

[]Illusion Master - Reality is an Illusion all of it’s own, make your enemies question that with your Genjutsu skills and confound them all, but you better not get caught up close with people, you are frail after all! - Start with several D-ranked Genjutsus

[]Medic Nin - ‘You don’t FUCK with the white mage’ you heal your friends and destroy your enemies’ organs, now you just need to remember where you left your watch! - Start with several D-Ranked Iryojutsus

[]Too Much Chakra - You possess Chakra reserves greater than most of your year. On the plus side, this means you can power up your Ninjutsu to devastating levels, and might be able to use Shadow Clones. However, you have always had Chakra control issues, and you tend to overpower your Genjutsu, meaning that illusions are practically worthless to you - Triples current Chakra Pool, but -50 to ALL Chakra Control Rolls until you reach ‘Mastered’ Status for Chakra Control

[]Wait, who was that? - You’ve never really stood out from the crowd, your face blending in with others easily making your infiltration missions much easier. - you don’t stand out in a crowd, for all the positives and negatives

[]Cool Guys don’t look at Explosions - You have always felt the itch to use it ever since the first demonstration of an explosive tag, the urge to just blow your problems up with high powered explosives, hopefully your allies aren’t nearby! -Start out with Fuuinjutsu (Explosive Note) skill, but your explosions have a large splash radius and can harm allies if not careful

[]Flicker - In your opinion speed is the greatest thing for a shinobi, and the Body Flicker Jutsu is the greatest ninjutsu ever created. - Start with the Body Flicker Jutsu, you have a hard time sitting still

[]Prankster - Hey, it’s training! Your skills with pranks earns you the ire of everyone you target either directly or inadvertently, but hey, it makes you good with stealth and trapmaking! - Start with Trapping and Stealth skills, but when you prank someone you lose reputation with them.

[]Pervert - You read the Icha Icha series, and do so openly. - Start with Stealth Skill and PERVERT! Perk, but will take a loss to your reputation when caught peeping

[]Good with numbers - You’ve always been good with numbers, and money hasn’t been much of an issue when you started taking control of it personally. - You can find bargains easier and are able to find good investments

[]Truthseeker - You’ve always hated lies and deceptions and pursued the truth no matter what the cost! - start with the Interrogation skill, able to find the truth, for all it’s good and ill

[]Knife to meet you! - Shinobi are good with knives, you’ve turned it into an art form, don’t slip up and lose your fingers!- start with Intermediate Knife Fighting Skill

[]With this sword of mine - You’ve always enjoyed the way the light dances off the edge of a sword, some even think you like it even more with the blood of your enemies coating it. -start with Intermediate Kenjutsu skill.

[]Packrat - Hey, you never know when a five year old newspaper will come in handy, shinobi never know where their mission may lead to after all, at least you have access to some good storage seals, right? -Start with Fuuinjutsu (Storage Seals), but you will always keep everything you pick up

[]Sealmaster - Hey, they use Fuuinjutsu to seal Bijuu, would you really want to fuck with someone that has turned that art into an art of their own? - Start with Intermediate Fuuinjutsu Skill

[] Sneaky Sneaky - You’ve always managed to find your way into places you shouldn’t be, not your fault people aren’t paying attention. - +25 to Stealth Rolls

[]What Lock? - Locked doors don’t mean anything to you, just that there’s something good behind them! - +25 to lockpicking rolls

[]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill - submitted by Verynew

[] Write in - I reserve the right to deny certain ones that would be too OP
    (AN: I will Add in some of the written in ideas that I find interesting with a nod to the commenter)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  11. verynew

[X]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill
    [X]Sealmaster - Hey, they use Fuuinjutsu to seal Bijuu, would you really want to fuck with someone that has turned that art into an art of their own? - Start with Intermediate Fuuinjutsu Skill
    [X]Medic Nin - ‘You don’t FUCK with the white mage’ you heal your friends and destroy your enemies’ organs, now you just need to remember where you left your watch! - Start with several D-Ranked Iryojutsus

Plan: combine medical knowledge with henge to optimize and improve our body (up to living god state), use seals to support transformation and to gather and process chakra into stronger and calmer state

12. The Witcher 10

The Witcher 10 Know what you're doing yet?

[X]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill
    [X]Sealmaster - Hey, they use Fuuinjutsu to seal Bijuu, would you really want to fuck with someone that has turned that art into an art of their own? - Start with Intermediate Fuuinjutsu Skill
    [X]Medic Nin - ‘You don’t FUCK with the white mage’ you heal your friends and destroy your enemies’ organs, now you just need to remember where you left your watch! - Start with several D-Ranked Iryojutsus

13. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

[X]Flicker - In your opinion speed is the greatest thing for a shinobi, and the Body Flicker Jutsu is the greatest ninjutsu ever created. - Start with the Body Flicker Jutsu, you have a hard time sitting still

14. thepsyborg

thepsyborg Not too sore, are you?

[X]Flicker - In your opinion speed is the greatest thing for a shinobi, and the Body Flicker Jutsu is the greatest ninjutsu ever created. - Start with the Body Flicker Jutsu, you have a hard time sitting still

Also, seal ideas:
    1. Intermediate seal placed on our clothing: absorbs the excess chakra burst produced by the Body Flicker Jutsu, preventing the usual puff of smoke or swirling leaf effect and rendering it somewhat less obvious to sensor-nin. Could be something we start with.
    2. Advanced seal based on #1, tattooed on our legs; absorbs the excess chakra release from Body Flicker, briefly stores it in a buffer storage seal, and filters it back into our chakra coils over the next several seconds; makes repeated and/or long-distance use of Body Flicker considerably more chakra-efficient.

15. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

I really want to do fangirl pervert and sneaky and then choose pervert sannin with a j name as the target I can't spell jiraya. But I've been reading to much mito lately. However given that I don't want to shape the character around a joke I'd rather not

instead we are going to choose fuinjutsu and maybe good with numbers. Cant think of a third

16. Derpmind

Derpmind Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Maximum Lewdness
    -[X]Pervert -
    You read the Icha Icha series, and do so openly. - Start with Stealth Skill and PERVERT! Perk, but will take a loss to your reputation whencaught peeping
    -[X]Illusion Master - Reality is an Illusion all of it’s own, make your enemies question that with your Genjutsu skills and confound them all, but you better not get caught up close with people, you are frail after all! - Start with several D-ranked Genjutsus
    -[X]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill - submitted by Verynew

LEWDNESS IS THE TRUE PATH TO ULTIMATE POWER!

mrttao likes this.
  17. verynew

Fuinjutsu + Iryojutsu:
    1. seal that stores blood and supports a body (in a case of injury)
    2. seal that improves blood and stamina and chakra regeneration

18. Xamusel

[x]Plan Zero!Assassin/Sasaki Kojiro!Assassin
    -[x]With this sword of mine -
    You’ve always enjoyed the way the light dances off the edge of a sword, some even think you like it even more with the blood of your enemies coating it. -start with Intermediate Kenjutsu skill.
    -[x]Sealmaster - Hey, they use Fuuinjutsu to seal Bijuu, would you really want to fuck with someone that has turned that art into an art of their own? - Start with Intermediate Fuuinjutsu Skill
    -[x]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill

19. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

[X]Blow them Away - Even the greatest of mountains are laid low when it comes to the wind, You will blow people off their feet when you enter battle. - Start with Natural Wind Affinity

Let's see if we can became the fourth reborn/non related twin.

20. MudkipSage

MudkipSage Versed in the lewd.

[]Make a Splash - Not much can stop a rushing tide of water, and no one complains about a source of freshwater, just make sure you don’t drown yourself in your own technique! - Start with Natural Water Affinity

[]Strength of the Earth - Being buried alive is a fate nobody wants, and you can impart that fear into your enemies! Just remember, you can’t breath earth yourself! - Start with Natural Earth Affinity

[]Shock and Awe - No one can miss your techniques on the field with the light and noise they generate, hopefully your enemies can keep their nervous systems intact when you're through with them! - Start with Natural Lightning Affinity

Water + Earth = TREES
    Water+ Lightning = LASERS
    Earth + Lightning = EXPLOSIONS

WATER+EARTH+LIGHNING = Lol idunno. Steel release, crystal release?

EDIT*: ALMOST* Everything else can be acquired naturally, elemental natures don't change.

mrttao likes this.
  21. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I noticed that the vast majority of those are not actually talents, they are just "start the quest with a jutsu known". However, learning a D rank jutsu is really really easy.
    Shouldn't those things actually confer bonuses and perhaps penalties to various learning rates instead of just "start out knowing a jutsu"?

... although I think we might also have some hidden talents based on those choices that are just not shown. For example, iroynin... if we have chakra control maluses how would it work with having actually learned that after all?

Not everything else. see
    []Too Much Chakra
    This is a PERMANENT 3x boost to chakra quantity. With a temporary malus to control.

Jiraya has shown this to be true.

MudkipSage likes this.
  22. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X]Wait, who was that? - You’ve never really stood out from the crowd, your face blending in with others easily making your infiltration missions much easier. - you don’t stand out in a crowd, for all the positives and negatives

Lets be the 100 face saboteur

23. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

This requires a kekkai genki, not just having 2 elements.

[x]Too Much Chakra - You possess Chakra reserves greater than most of your year. On the plus side, this means you can power up your Ninjutsu to devastating levels, and might be able to use Shadow Clones. However, you have always had Chakra control issues, and you tend to overpower your Genjutsu, meaning that illusions are practically worthless to you - Triples current Chakra Pool, but -50 to ALL Chakra Control Rolls until you reach ‘Mastered’ Status for Chakra Control
    [x]Sealmaster - Hey, they use Fuuinjutsu to seal Bijuu, would you really want to fuck with someone that has turned that art into an art of their own? - Start with Intermediate Fuuinjutsu Skill
    [x]Medic Nin - ‘You don’t FUCK with the white mage’ you heal your friends and destroy your enemies’ organs, now you just need to remember where you left your watch! - Start with several D-Ranked Iryojutsus

Working on the assumption that there is some hidden talents involved there.
    This is taking the best of tsunada (so good at heals she can be supa stronk!), jiraya (seals yo!), and naurto (chakra for days!) and combining them into one OP package

Are we getting gender bent like in your fic?

24. MudkipSage

Hrrm, Thomas Johnston, could we get confirmation on this and/or would this be pushing it?

Edit: Wood release is shown to badass, and Explosion release would mean literal explosive punches.

mrttao likes this.
  25. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

yes, I agree that if that was the case we would be crazy not to take those. So having QM clarification would be nice.

Oh, one of the things suggesting this to me is the exact phrasing of the various elemental releases
    But in retrospect I can see how it can be interpreted your way

MudkipSage likes this.
  26. MudkipSage

Yeah, I was under the impression that just HAVING the affinities means you could mix them, thats why Mei could use both Boil (Fire/Water), and Lava (Fire/Earth).

27. Xamusel

...don't you mean Mei?

28. MudkipSage

...yes...(In my defense, Autocorrect said it was wrong.)

29. Xamusel

Okay, that was a very reasonable reply as to why you used the wrong name.

Hopefully this quest will prove to be as entertaining as the original fic, or even more so.

MudkipSage likes this.
  30. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Thomas Johnston is the current vote going by plan or by line?

current by line tally
    Vote Tally : [RPG] - Naruto Reincarnation! | Page 2 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 41-53]
    ##### NetTally 1.9.9
    No. of Votes: 8
    No. of Votes: 5
    [X]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill - submitted by Verynew
    No. of Votes: 5
    No. of Votes: 3
    [X]Pervert - You read the Icha Icha series, and do so openly. - Start with Stealth Skill and PERVERT! Perk, but will take a loss to your reputation whencaught peeping
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X]Illusion Master - Reality is an Illusion all of it’s own, make your enemies question that with your Genjutsu skills and confound them all, but you better not get caught up close with people, you are frail after all! - Start with several D-ranked Genjutsus
    [x]With this sword of mine - You’ve always enjoyed the way the light dances off the edge of a sword, some even think you like it even more with the blood of your enemies coating it. -start with Intermediate Kenjutsu skill.
    [X]Blow them Away - Even the greatest of mountains are laid low when it comes to the wind, You will blow people off their feet when you enter battle. - Start with Natural Wind Affinity
    [X]Make a Splash - Not much can stop a rushing tide of water, and no one complains about a source of freshwater, just make sure you don’t drown yourself in your own technique! - Start with Natural Water Affinity
    [X]Strength of the Earth - Being buried alive is a fate nobody wants, and you can impart that fear into your enemies! Just remember, you can’t breath earth yourself! - Start with Natural Earth Affinity
    [X]Shock and Awe - No one can miss your techniques on the field with the light and noise they generate, hopefully your enemies can keep their nervous systems intact when you're through with them! - Start with Natural Lightning Affinity
    [X]Wait, who was that? - You’ve never really stood out from the crowd, your face blending in with others easily making your infiltration missions much easier. - you don’t stand out in a crowd, for all the positives and negatives
    [x]Too Much Chakra - You possess Chakra reserves greater than most of your year. On the plus side, this means you can power up your Ninjutsu to devastating levels, and might be able to use Shadow Clones. However, you have always had Chakra control issues, and you tend to overpower your Genjutsu, meaning that illusions are practically worthless to you - Triples current Chakra Pool, but -50 to ALL Chakra Control Rolls until you reach ‘Mastered’ Status for Chakra Control
    Total No. of Voters: 10

current plan vote
    Vote Tally : [RPG] - Naruto Reincarnation! | Page 2 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 41-53]
    ##### NetTally 1.9.9
    No. of Votes: 2
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X]Pervert - You read the Icha Icha series, and do so openly. - Start with Stealth Skill and PERVERT! Perk, but will take a loss to your reputation whencaught peeping
    [X]Illusion Master - Reality is an Illusion all of it’s own, make your enemies question that with your Genjutsu skills and confound them all, but you better not get caught up close with people, you are frail after all! - Start with several D-ranked Genjutsus
    [X]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill - submitted by Verynew
    [x]With this sword of mine - You’ve always enjoyed the way the light dances off the edge of a sword, some even think you like it even more with the blood of your enemies coating it. -start with Intermediate Kenjutsu skill.
    [x]Sealmaster - Hey, they use Fuuinjutsu to seal Bijuu, would you really want to fuck with someone that has turned that art into an art of their own? - Start with Intermediate Fuuinjutsu Skill
    [x]Shapemaster - Congratulations you have talent for Henge (which is actuall transformation), face, gender, species, clothes - it's all for you to decide, you start with intermediate Henge Skill
    [X]Make a Splash - Not much can stop a rushing tide of water, and no one complains about a source of freshwater, just make sure you don’t drown yourself in your own technique! - Start with Natural Water Affinity
    [X]Strength of the Earth - Being buried alive is a fate nobody wants, and you can impart that fear into your enemies! Just remember, you can’t breath earth yourself! - Start with Natural Earth Affinity
    [X]Shock and Awe - No one can miss your techniques on the field with the light and noise they generate, hopefully your enemies can keep their nervous systems intact when you're through with them! - Start with Natural Lightning Affinity
    [x]Medic Nin - ‘You don’t FUCK with the white mage’ you heal your friends and destroy your enemies’ organs, now you just need to remember where you left your watch! - Start with several D-Ranked Iryojutsus
    Total No. of Voters: 10

MudkipSage likes this.