1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by TanaNari, Jan 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

Less the kill count and more the hate. It's why it's a loose comparison. Granted I could have done a lot better but I was strapped for time.

Sure, maybe, but I have a lot of trouble believing that a marauding band of super powered serial killers weren't well known and feared.

2. GiftofLove

Genius Loci- Murry

On the first page, but also mentioned in the Sabah and Lily chapter.

3. tordg

tordg (Unverified Idiot)

At first I thought this was Glen Chambers, and I was excited because when he shows up fun happens.
    This was an acceptable substitute.

Does Ruth know about these?
    From the Dramatus Personae.
    The standard scale is kilonazis. And yeah, less than a centinazi barely registers.
    Well known, sure, but far from universally known. In the US on our Earth right now there are enough serial killers currently active that only the truly obsessive could point them all out and I can't imagine that would change too much on Bet.

Divabot, Volkogluk, Faraway-R and 3 others like this.
  4. dasstan

dasstan :)

There is a slight difference between prolific serial killers, and a group that frequently depopulates towns in the most flamboyant way possible.

Snake/Eater, GiftofLove and TanaNari like this.
  5. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

They were active for over twenty years. They were extremely flamboyant. The news would have put them out there.

Only someone hiding under a rock would have not heard about them.

Ryuketsu, Divabot, Beyogi and 10 others like this.
  6. gatewaewanderer

gatewaewanderer Wandering Fool & Intermediate Lurker

My muse has given me an idea that its begging me to do an omake with... but won't give me enough material to actually write anything. So I'll just post the idea itself here, and how I got there. Way back ( I forget exactly when, longer than a week and its too far back for me to find, ) there was an (non-canon... I think, ) omake embellishing the similarities between Lisa and Alexandria, showing Alexandria to have as much of a matchmaker problem as Lisa and that Hero built an out-of-phase water battle that would spray her whenever she went into matchmaking mode. So what if Lisa was an attempt to clone Alexandria and duplicate her powerset, before they understood powers well enough to understand it wouldn't work? And she was placed with a rich family who wanted a daughter and would take good care of her. And of course, since nothing came of the failed cloning attempt, Dr Mother never mentioned it to Alexandria. And left everything to Contessa to arrange...

I'll try to come back to this after I've gotten some and see if my crazy muse will be any more cooperative this latest insanity its pawned off on me. If anyone wants to do anything with it before I wake back up and get back online, go ahead (or afterwards, even,) I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do anything with it anyways. I'm leaning toward no, when I say 'no idea what to do with this,' I basically mean 'no idea how to go about writing this,' but sleep can change everything sometimes when it comes to stuff like this.

...I need that sleep. Later all.

Divabot, doomlord9, daimahou and 3 others like this.
  7. Daunmi

Daunmi Shun the sun, night so nice

I'm kicking myself for not, since there was obviously something up with how he was acting...

Given the circumstances?

If Hitler got to the point where he realized that, 'oh shit, I was a terrible person, I should probably try to make up for that by helping the world get past its greatest threats', if he was honestly remorseful over past actions and acting to fix whatever mistakes he made or make up for them then, yes, I'd forgive him. Otherwise I might as well not forgive anyone.

You're saying there's not? :)

PineTreeq and TanaNari like this.
  8. dasstan

With the amount of trolling that Zach gets up to, I'm beginning to think he's the time traveling child of Aisha and Alec.

Flukes, PineTreeq and TanaNari like this.
  9. Daunmi

It'd have to be an alt-dimension since they're both dead. Which is not impossible.

Alternatively, he's the time traveling child of Aisha and Alec who's come back to fix the changes Amelia/Coil made at the start of the fic. He didn't arrive in time, so his 'future' is gone, so now he's just kicking back and enjoying the ride like his parents taught him to.

*edit*
    Completely changing the subject: The 'emperor' of Japan - Can Lisa use their dimensional viewing tech to watch him to figure out exactly what his power/plans are, or could she ask her girlfriend Cauldron for assistance?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    Divabot, Snake/Eater and Ack like this.
  10. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Does anyone else get the feeling that Pantheon's got a list titled "retire them later" for all the monsters they have to work with for practicality's sake?

As in, the minute Scion dies they'll go down the list and offer each name one of three choices: join Pantheon (if they're useful), retire from any and all cape activity forever, or die.

After all, once the Golden Idiot is dead (provided he doesn't kill Amelia and Taylor permanently) Pantheon will be the indisputable super-superpower of the human multiverse.

11. Daunmi

Not quite true.

They're aware that Cauldron has some powerful capes at their disposal. They're at least slightly worried about the Elite. Dragon potentially has the support of Saint, or has placed herself far enough outside the various restraints she was under that she either is or can be a threat. Glaisig Uaine is a threat to pretty much any cape or group and Sleeper and the Furies are big threats to everyone.

They're good. They're not the indisputable super-superpower. At least not yet. Dinah's predictions placed them (or a few selections of them) as being present/responsible for fighting Scion, which seems to hint towards Taylor going Khepri a-la canon, as opposed to just renaming herself. At which point, thanks to the Taylia link and various suits/technologies/creatures at their disposal, they might well be out on top. But we'll have to wait and see how dark TanaNari wants to make this fix fic end up.

12. GiftofLove

This is a dark fixfic. Never forget, or TanaNari might feel the need to remind you.

In other news!

I'm still waiting for Riley to unveil her own tinker version of Taylor and Amelia's bond for her, Theo, and Missy.

Ryuketsu, Divabot, tordg and 8 others like this.
  13. Silvercrystal

Silvercrystal That’s no moon! It’s a Moderator! Moderator

Oh come on, you know that happening is basically a forgone conclusion... Only a matter of time

Divabot, Snake/Eater and TanaNari like this.
  14. Threadmarks: Amelia, Ch 308- Riley
    TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Amelia, Ch 308- Riley

Clarice stood watching as Genius Loci and Dubstep ran through their power tests in our isolation and scanning chambers. They had plenty of room and objects to work with, and instructions to just go nuts. We didn't always test in rooms like those, but for this pair, with their Shaker type powers, it was the best way to get a real feel for their abilities and how to harness them most efficiently.

<You almost blew your cover there,> Emma informed me as she stepped near me. She spoke in a crazy hybrid of Japanese, Spanish and Hindi. <And, yes, I think they can hear us from here.>

<Sorry,> I spoke softly. <I just got really excited.>

<You're just lucky they're West Coast and aren't going to put the connections together, and that neither of them caught on this was meant to be a secret, and they probably wouldn't know who you were if you gave them your real name,> she continued. <Oh, and that both of them were too busy checking out my rack to remember most of the conversation. Now call up Rey while I text him and tell him to act skeptical of your opinions on the subject.>

<Okay,> I agreed. She's right, I messed up bad. So stupid. I've gotten too comfortable with our position and it nearly cost me everything. My safety, my happy life that I don't deserve. And in the process I'd end up putting all my friends' hopes and dreams at risk.

"Are you okay?" Emma asked, looking at me strangely.

I almost asked her why, but then I realized it was because Clarice was starting to hyperventilate, or at least imitate the experience. Because I was starting to hyperventilate. "Umm, yes, I'm fine," I responded, then starting to force myself to calm down. I've be the target of numerous heroes, nearly killed countless times, yet today is the first day I've ever been truly afraid for myself since I met Jack. Why?

I shook the thought off and focused. I have a job to do, I'll worry later.

I contacted Rey and went through the motions of the rest of the work day quietly. I had to admit, they did a good job passing me off as a low level assistant. I felt insulted by some of the implications that they were mostly just being nice to me because I was Amelia's little sister, but it was better than the alternative of them putting together exactly when I joined the team and what that implied. I spent the rest of the session in lost in the thought that I was on borrowed time before my secret came out, and all the things that I would lose.

I found Missy and Theo together on the roof of our main building. With the general lack of entertainment around here, and the replacement portal now over a hundred miles from our Capital and Missy's power now disabled, it left us with no convenient means to travel to Bet, except to shunt over, in full costume. And that would just place us in the devastated ruins of Brockton Bay. I knew some people that would have considered that a romantic date night. Missy and Theo weren't those people. Instead, they opted to have picnics and star gaze.

The were already looking at me when I came into sight. I wasn't using Bella's silent mode. The sound of her wings flapping was comforting, and they must have heard it. She touched down gently, near Calysta and Macula.

I hopped off, and rushed toward the pair of them.

"Riley?" Theo asked as I got close. "Is some- oof!" I slammed into him and held on as tight as I could. He put a hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"I missed both of you so much!" I clung harder. Sensing that Missy'd gotten close, I grabbed her with my right arm and pulled her into the hug as well. At this point, I was actually a little taller than my best friend, and that would likely never change naturally.

"Riley, we saw each other six hours ago," Missy spoke up. Her arm had joined Theo's around my back. "What happened?"

"I messed up and almost let people find out who I am!" I sobbed. The both tensed.

"You didn't, though, right?" Missy asked, and I could hear the fear in her voice. She knows how bad I just screwed up. "They didn't find out?"

"Emma covered for me," I told them. "She thinks it worked. Something about her rack distracting them."

"Emma's been spending too much time around Zach," Missy commented. "But she's probably right. If they didn't notice it then, they probably won't figure it out later. They'll be too distracted by their shiny new toys to care. You are giving them shiny toys, right?"

"Uh huh," I nodded, my face still buried in Theo's chest. "Genius Loci might even have Endslayer potential with his armor."

"That's certainly a shiny toy," Missy agreed.

"Remember how much all of you Tinkers hate how little praise you get for your hard work?" Theo added. "Well, now you get to see the benefits of it."

"But it was so stupid," I muttered, turning my head to look at Missy. "I got careless and almost cost us everything. You'd have to give me up to protect Avalon and I don't want you to have to."

"Hush," Theo squeezed. "We're not going to give you up, not for anything."

He gives the best hugs. I pressed against him. "You're not?"

"Wouldn't help even if they did," Missy responded. "Think about it. You've been part of this team for almost a year, now. You deserve the title of Endslayer just as much as anyone, because without you there would be no Enslayers. And no one would ever dare come after you here. The Triumvirate won't do it because they work for Cauldron, and we can prove it. They wouldn't dare come after us, especially since we're on the same side to get rid of Scion. Giving you up won't solve anything."

"They'd have to get through me and Missy if they wanted to hurt you," Theo added.

"And Amelia, and Taylor, and Victoria," Missy continued. "There's a whole planet between us and anyone who wants to take you from us. And even if we didn't have all of that to protect us, we'd just run away somewhere. With everything going on, we could always wait out the drama for a year or two and then we can come back and no one would ever make the connection."

"You mean that?" I asked, smiling. "You're not mad at me for being stupid."

"I'm hardly one to talk about doing something stupid," Missy shrugged. "That's why I don't have my powers right now, and even after I get them back you'll never let me within a mile of that stim drug again. Don't lie, I figured it out."

"Yeah, probably," I admitted. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," she insisted. "Everyone makes mistakes and does something stupid that they regret. This is mine."

"Theo doesn't," I pointed out.

"Yes I do," he answered.

"Like what?" I asked, looking up at him. Missy didn't say anything, but I felt her tense slightly. Are these things he's shared with Missy before? It shouldn't surprise me that she'd know more about him than I do.

"So many things to do with my father," he admitted. "I should have stood up to him while he was alive. I could have revealed his identity to the public. I could, should, have poisoned him or slit his throat in his sleep. Potentially hundreds of people suffered for every day he was still alive."

"Oh, Theo," Missy muttered. "You can't blame yourself for that."

"Then Dream Girl," he added. "I had the chance to kill her. I knew what her powers were like. I let her live, and Zach paid the price for it. I know, it indirectly brought the three of us together. But now we have to wait and wonder if she'll ever come back. The way her power works, we may never know until it's too late."

"She'll never return," I told them. Lisa made me promise not to tell anyone. I didn't really care what Lisa thought.

"How do you know that?" Missy asked.

"She's dead," I answered. "I killed her, that's why she vanished."

"I'm sorry," Theo pulled me closer. "If I'd done my job, you never would have had to do that."

"It's nothing I haven't done before, many times over," I dismissed. I had something more important in mind. I couldn't even look them in the eyes as I asked. "How can you care about me, knowing all the horrible things I've done? I'm a monster."

"We don't see it that way," Missy responded. "You're sweet and kind and have done nothing but try to make us happy, even when you had to hurt yourself to do it. That's the definition of love right there. If we threw that in your face, we'd be the monsters."

"It's true," Theo responded. "We love you. That's what matters."

The words hit me hard enough that I thought my knees would buckle. Since this arrangement started, I'd heard Theo and Missy use the word with each other a few times, but neither of them said it to me, or vice versa. I looked up at him, and then over at Missy. I could barely see their faces for the tears in my eyes.

"I don't deserve this," I denied.

"That doesn't matter," Theo insisted. "You're pretty much stuck with it."

He kissed my forehead. That wasn't common, but it had happened a few times before. I loved every second of it as always.

I wasn't prepared for when Missy kissed my cheek. I turned my head toward her in surprise. She smiled softly, and then gave me a brief kiss on the lips. The same chaste sort of kiss she and Theo often shared, but my first kiss. I had imagined what it would be like, a few times.

Missy looked self conscious. "Sorry, I just... I won't do it again."

I leaned in and silenced her. She may have stolen my first kiss, but I gave her my second.

================

A/N- I swear to all things unholy that this was NOT the chapter I planned on writing this morning.

Sometimes my characters just tell me to fuck off while they do their own thing.

15. Ack

Ack (Verified Ratbag) (Unverified Great Old One)

And the smart thing to do is to shut up and let them get on with it.

Also, typo. Square bracket snuck in there somehow:
    Also, 'it was'.

16. rooster

rooster Succ

Dawww, how adorable. They're setting off death flags left and right!

17. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

I'm gonna pull a Zach and say "Theo you luck bastard."

Jokes aside Riley needed this

18. VaporDeagle

VaporDeagle A

I'm hyperventilating and my heart has stopped from the amount of feel (also yuri) in the air.

All is right in the world.

19. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Taylor is most likely going Dawwww.

20. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

MissyxTheoxRiley is her favorite feelgood soap opera, available anytime on Yggdrasil BV.

EmmaxZach is the comedy hour that sometimes turns a little raunchy.

...I know there are more but the java-juice hasn't kicked in yet, we need more ideas for Taylor's "I'm bored, lets see what interesting things are happening on Avalon" sessions.

21. Coruscant Knave

Coruscant Knave 'Twas love that did this to you.

I'd like to imagine Dinah has a youtube channel about fitting suits properly and other style tips.

22. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Aww,they're joining the unlimited blade works route.

Divabot, VaporDeagle and Leonidas333 like this.
  23. dasstan

been

I'm glad that it seems like the story is going in the direction of resolving the Bonesaw plot. Between the good she's done, and the variety of options they have to explain her away as a different person, it's about time that it gets taken care of. Should it go on that much longer, it'd be veering into plot tumor territory. A benign tumor, but still.

Divabot and TanaNari like this.
  24. GiftofLove

Theo: I have the awkwardest boner right now. Please don't notice. Please don't notice. Please done notice.

25. GiftofLove

Now for the serious post. This was a beautiful scene. You did a very good job with it. It didn't feel like forced fanservice, but like a legitimately evolving and organic relationship.

26. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

We all agree, it's Missy's harem, right ?

Still, another Endslayer ? Geez, they are are finding them left and right! Suspicious I might say.

27. GiftofLove

Yeah, they now have a total of, like, six in the entire world! :D

28. dasstan

That's as many as two threes!
    To be fair, the only one that can potentially be a lone Endslayer is Lily. All the other ones are power interactions, and in the case of GL, he's a Case 53, and those guys usually get the broken powers... And even then, they're speculating he can do is take one over, not kill one outright.

29. GiftofLove

So with Rey, Genius Loci, and Chevlier they now have everything to make their own Endbringer.

30. SamPardi

SamPardi Versed in the lewd.

Not really. You have to remember that these are applications discovered by high level powers experts and then specifically empowered by tinker tech designed to play around with manton limits. Atropos is the only one I can think of who actually had the ability to hurt an Endbringer at all with just her power applied in a manner she's used to.

As much as the protectorate tried, they were really so focused on their little regional problems that almost everyone's powers are completely self-trained. Even equipment is fairly limited. Sure someone made flechette a crossbow, but nobody thought to build a basic truck mounted ballista in case she needed to bitch-slap an Endbringer and that wouldn't have even required a tinker. So basically capes trained and equipped for fighting other human sized enemies were just thrown into the meat-grinder of Endbringer battles. If you think about it she could have easily met a bad end against Leviathan or Echidna without anyone being the wiser that she was THE Endslayer.

Ryuketsu, Divabot, Faraway-R and 7 others like this.