• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Hinon nods. "While we are uncertain as to how this survived, most of the possible models which we have conceived involve him having a way to claw his way back into existence from any anchor point. This would be one."

"In that case, for what it's worth… I think destroying it is the best plan."
Two things.

I am like 90% sure it's too late for that.

And the Renegade is boned, he has no idea any of this is happening and no way to stop the guy.

Last edited:
...where Hinon and Jevek is deep in discussion with Herupa Hando Hu and Broome Bon Baris.
...where Hinon and Jevek are deep in discussion with Herupa Hando Hu and Broome Bon Baris.
"The Anti-Monitor might still be alive and kickin', right." He looks over to the Zamaron representative. "That chick look kinda… Like a dude?" I frown at him. "Not sayin' there's anything wrong with that, just that alla the Zaraon's I've ever met don't."
'Zamaron'.
Never change, Guy, never... Oh, wait, Will enlightenment. He probably never will, except of his own volition.
"Handed a couple of hundred pirates over to local authorities, Took their ships mostly intact, too."
This should be a Full Stop rather than a Comma.
"Knocked a hole in their shields with this and then breeched their hull.
"Knocked a hole in their shields with this and then breached their hull.
Yes, green wisps of high flicker around his outstretched hands...
'light', I would assume?
Thank you, corrected.
Man, this must have been a royal pain to format, between two Enlightened lanterns and all the Maltusian text...
Not really. I just copy and paste the formatting for a speech mark.

Hinon gestures at me while looking at the Guardians.

"You see?"

Broome.. really good at looking creepy. "Yes. We agree that your proposed course of action is correct."

"That being?"

This reads to me, that Jevek wasn't telling the whole truth. They MAY have been arguments from Jevek about how impactful his project was, but this makes it look Hinon went to bat for OL, and may in fact have talked him up quite a bit.

Seriously, even Guy's thinking the worst? OL may have to do some repairs to his reputation at this rate...

Less the worst, and more "what inadvisable thing did he do and what horrible scheme did he accidentally uncover this time?" OL's got a habit of doing something that causes absolute chaos, intentionally, and uncovering some pretty awful stuff in the process.

Thanks
Luc "Chaotic Lawful" French

Regarding this update, while Paragon's consumption technique is justifiably powerful, it's possible to resist assimilation with enough green light/force of will, as shown by Guy, so I do feel that the green-using Maltusians should be able to hold onto their own energy or resist the feeding technique to some degree.
Disagree. He nommed semi functional knock off Anti-monitor armor.

He scary AF.

Well, I wasn't going to bring crappy cartoons into it.
Then it's a good thing that isn't a crappy cartoon.

The techniques doesn't require
Either "technique doesn't" or "techniques don't".

the Maltusians float back together
Possibly "maltusians"? Not sure if you're switching to referring to "those from Maltus" instead of "same species as Hinon".

Mr Zoat I was reading the last 2 chapters and I had a thought.
During OL's fight with what Maxx Crowley refers as the 'Pidgeon of War' the only one to be able to do anything against the silver city was Harm who was basically eating angels and their silver fire... and now OL can do the same!;)
Is that on purpose? I mean he was basically eating the Bleed here:eek:
Did OL use Harm as an inspiration and this is his anti-Silver City countermeasures?

Didn't Hinon say that magic was basically non-functional (or at least far weaker) off of Earth?

There is a whole planet of magic somewhere in the universe. So the point is that portable magic batteries are rare.

Now if you are some kind of powerful Demigod like Wonder Woman, who is basically a Goddess of Truth or you are a New God... you can do magic anywhere.

That's the real reason the GLs could defeat the Empire Of Tears. The Empire was limited to their planets while the GLs weren't.

Either "technique doesn't" or "techniques don't".
Possibly "maltusians"? Not sure if you're switching to referring to "those from Maltus" instead of "same species as Hinon".
Thank you, corrected.
Mr Zoat I was reading the last 2 chapters and I had a thought.
During OL's fight with what Maxx Crowley refers as the 'Pidgeon of War' the only one to be able to do anything against the silver city was Harm who was basically eating angels and their silver fire... and now OL can do the same!;)
Is that on purpose? I mean he was basically eating the Bleed here:eek:
Did OL use Harm as an inspiration and this is his anti-Silver City countermeasures?
He wasn't eating the Bleed, -though in theory the technique should still work- he was eating what appeared to be the output of an advanced Bleed manipulation technique.

I have to wonder about the negative consequences of consuming energy via the Orange Light the way Paragon is doing. I suppose there's a danger of being corrupted/influenced by the nature of the energy consumed, like Sybarite and Mammite Paul. In that sense eating Anti-Monitor energies is probably a bad idea.
Actually in Clarion Call OL tried to consume angelic magic on Mount Skybreak, but I believe he was interrupted or something. Can he conceivably consume Source-based energy? And what effect would that have on him and his soul?

I probably would've argued Effigy still helped, just to throw the rookie a bone.

If I was the Illustres I'd have said "I would probably have needed to get luckier without his assistance."

Which seems correct; he was moderately outgunned and needed to devote sustained effort to maintain the power output needed to have an effect on Ungol's armor. Two of him would have had an easier time than him + Effigy, but having a second person available to divide Ungol's attention and effort made his margin for error much bigger.

You know, I can't wait for the inevitable arrival of the Anti-Monitor. We all know he's coming. Maybe this is where we see all the other Pauls? Either way, can't wait. I also hope Darkseid makes an appearance. I know he's made a few appearances on the Renegade timeline, but as far as I know, he's yet to appear in the Paragon.
Just hope that the multiverse doesn't get destroyed.

Ways and Means (part 21)
25th January
01:32 GMT +3

Natasa nods as she takes the urn from me. "I will ask after the man whom Mother of Mercy spoke of. And I will of course treat this in the same way as I would any other funerary urn, but I am uncertain if this will… If it will work."

I smile and shrug. "I don't think anyone is. But… I don't control that. And I don't plan on re-enacting Antigone."

She turns away to take the urn to an appropriate storage shelf within the Temple of Hades. "Did you consider him to be an honourable foe?"

"No. In the few minutes that I knew him I began to truly detest him. He proudly proclaimed himself to be a traitor. He killed billions merely because he felt that wanton violence was proper."

"Then I suspect that Lord Hades will send him to the Punishment Fields."

"There is some question as to whether he was in his right mind, but… Probably. It's up to Lord Hades. My part is done."

She glances back with a curious expression on her face, then nods approvingly before continuing onwards.

I'm probably making Eris jealous, aren't I? I need to come up with something chaotic. Either that or man up and call it off. Whatever 'it' is at the moment. But the thing about Hades is that there isn't anything I want from him that I don't think he'd willingly give to me now. Having him as my primary deity doesn't get me anything… Apart perhaps from the aid of whatever shades feel like involving themselves in the world of the living, and even that

Vulcan's unhappiness about being woken up late at night was forgotten the moment I handed him most of the fragments of Devlos Ungol's armour which Hinon was willing to spare. I don't know if they'll discover anything new, but magic is the one avenue of investigation which the Maltusian brain trust probably haven't tried. I've got to deliver the rest to Welsh John, see if his arcanist approach yields any better results.

But for now, my work here is done. I turn and walk out of the temple.

24th January
17:34 GMT -5

John Stewart looks up as I stroll into the bar. Guy notices him doing so and turns around on his chair, makes eye contact with me and waves. Martin creates a flame construct hand to wave for him and Xalitan doesn't really react as I walk over and take my seat. Guy's got some sort of construct book open in front of him, and takes a sip of his beer as he flicks through it.

"What's that?"

"One time, I asked Hal if Guardians ever had dick-waving contests. Guess I just found out." He dismisses the construct and looks at me. "Guardians have ordered me to start doin' research on techniques and stuff Green Lanterns used to do. See if I can recreate them."

"Sounds like you're getting more responsibility."

"Hey, I got to the top and I had to stop and it don't bother me at all. I don't want Salaak's job." He hesitates. "I was gunna say 'not for at least twen'y years'. But I actually don't think I'll ever want it."

"Is that stuff you can do on Earth?"

"I dunno, maybe? Probably be harder without other Lanterns around-." He cuts himself off, then looks around the table. "Yeah. Yeah, you could be onta something there." He leans back, smiling. "Have ta check with Chaselon, but I can probably swing it."

"Good show. Martin?"

"Yeah, I talked to my folks."

"And..?"

He shrugs. "They calmed down. You know, eventually."

I take a moment to check his injuries. The outward damage is completely gone, though I suppose there could be lasting internal damage that I can't see. "Anything from Jevek?"

"Think I'm kind of in the shit for not doing more when we fought Devlos." He frowns. "What was that they were saying about you being able to beat him without me?"

"They think my energy absorption would have worn him down in the end. Personally, I'm not sure he wouldn't have shot me first, so I'm grateful."

He doesn't look much happier. "It's just… I got these flame powers and I figure… No problems, right? I can block bullets, fly through space, tear giant ships apart..? And then there's this guy and he's just shrugging everything off?"

"There's always a bigger fish."

He frowns. "I'm not fighting fish."

"I mean, there's always someone more powerful than you."

"Yeah." Guy nods. "Like us."

"Guy, can you… Not?"

"Not what?"

"Not Guy."

A breath hisses between John's teeth. "No."

"The point is-."

"The point is, it was your first job an' you had no training. You even know how your flame-thing works? What it can do?"

"Telekinesis? And burn stuff?"

"What stuff? How dense stuff? You got any idea how to disable someone without crippling them? Can you make tools like we do, or is it all burning shapes?" Martin just sort of freezes. "Does your telekinesis have t'be on fire, or can you do the regular kind? You threw Devlos inta the force field thing with a space warp. Can you do more stuff like that?"

"I dunno. I mean, Jevek-."

"Yeah, guy's a prize ass." Guy takes another sip of his drink. "Tell y'what. I need a test dummy, you need training. What's say we meet up tomorrow an' sort something out?"

"Ah… Yeah, okay. Thanks."

And now my student. Who is carefully holding a glass that is almost comedically small in his hand.

"Xalitan? Have you had any ideas about what you'd like to study next?"

"I think I need work. Just to fight, against a simple foe. A fight where I do not need to think, so that I can think on what has already happened."

"John? You need a partner for clearing out the rest of the pirate bases?"

John looks Xalitan over for a moment, then nods. "Sure. You up for that?"

He thinks for a moment. "Yes. I think Paul intends for me to perform the duties of a police officer. But fighting pirates is more like being a soldier. It is not complicated. It is a useful transition exercise."

"Okay. Tomorrow good for you too?"

"No. I will go today. I want to see what will happen to those we have already captured. I will undertake no new strikes until you arrive."

"Fine with me. Could try asking your ring, though. There's a ton of info on there about things like this."

"No. Words are not enough. I need to see actions. To see how real things happen. Not how they should happen."

"I'll read up on your homeworld. See if I can spot parallels to things you might run into around here."

Guy looks around the table.

"Done?" Nods all-round. "Alright, no more work-talk. How 'bout them Stallions?"

Last edited:
Natasa nods as she takes the urn from me. "I will ask after the man whom Mother of Mercy spoke of. And I will of course treat this in the same way as I would any other funerary urn, but I am uncertain if this will… If it will work."
Only one definite way to find out...

...appropriate storage shelf within the Temple of Hade.
...appropriate storage shelf within the Temple of Hades.

"No. In the few minuets that I knew him I began to truly detest him.
"No. In the few minutes that I knew him I began to truly detest him.

I'm probably making Eris jealous, aren't I? I need to come up with something chaotic. Either that or man up and call it off. Whatever 'it' is at the moment. But the thing about Hades is that there isn't anything I want from him that I don't think he'd willingly give to me now. Having him as my primary deity doesn't get me anything… Apart perhaps from the aid of whatever shades feel like involving themselves in the world of the living, and even that
Ah, Worship as a transaction. Like deciding on a feat choice in an MMO.

"One time, I asked Hal if Guardians ever had dick-waving contests. Guess I just found out." He dismisses the construct and looks at me. "Guardians have ordered me to start doin' research on techniques and stuff Green Lanterns used to do. See if I can recreate them."
So, basically copying OL. Thank you, Bobbleheads.

"Hey, I got to the top and I had to stop and it don't bother me at all. I don't want Salaak's job." He hesitates. "I was gunna say 'not for at least twen'y years. But I actually don't think I'll ever want it."
There'd be very few beings who would want that job.

I take a moment to check his injuries. The outwards damage is completely gone...
The 's' seems superflous.

"They think my energy absorbtion would have worn him down in the end.
"They think my energy absorption would have worn him down in the end.
(Unsure if you prefer the original spelling.)

He frowns. "I'm not fighting fish."
...Millennials...

A breath hisses between John's teeth. [size]"No."[/size]
Messed up tags here.

"What stuff? How dense stuff? You got any idea how to disable someone without crippling them? Can you make tools like we do, or is it all burning shapes?" Martin just sort of freezes. "Does your telekinesis have t'be on fire, or can you do the regular kind? You threw Devlos inta the force field thing with a space warp. Can you do more stuff like that?"
He has a hell of a point. Most times, you forget he was a trained counselor...

"Fine with me. Could try asking your ring, though. There's a tonne of info on there about things like this."
An American would just say 'ton', wouldn't he?

"No. Word are not enough.
"No. Words are not enough.

I need to see actions. To see how real things happen. Not how they should happen."
Good move, since there are a lot of places where those things are not the same.

Heh, just a buncha guys having a beer after work. A nice breather to cap off the episode.

Last edited:
...appropriate storage shelf within the Temple of Hade.
...appropriate storage shelf within the Temple of Hades.
"No. In the few minuets that I knew him I began to truly detest him.
"No. In the few minutes that I knew him I began to truly detest him.
I take a moment to check his injuries. The outwards damage is completely gone...
The 's' seems superflous.
"They think my energy absorbtion would have worn him down in the end.
"They think my energy absorption would have worn him down in the end.
(Unsure if you prefer the original spelling.)
A breath hisses between John's teeth. [size]"No."[/size]
Messed up tags here.

"Fine with me. Could try asking your ring, though. There's a tonne of info on there about things like this."
An American would just say 'ton', wouldn't he?
"No. Word are not enough.
"No. Words are not enough.
Thank you, corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back