1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

The chapter takes place in 2279, FO3 is August of 2277 to around March of 2278. FNV starts in mid-October of 2281 and continues on until sometime in 2282. FO4 for context starts in October of 2287.

The wiki has this really great timeline that I love to look over, it's quite helpful.

Gilhelmi, nick012000 and Vaermina like this.
  2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The Zetans could be a third such source, considering they probably experimented with something similar to FEV at one point or another. Nowhere in game is it stated that there are only 2 sources of psionics. We just only see 2 possible sources

3. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

the problem is, prettymuch every subject Moreau successfully turned into a psyker went insane- like, not "quirky" insane, but "drooling, gibbering,hallucinating and needed to be strapped into a psionic nullifier (though THAT tech could be interesting...) to stop them setting the base/ the super mutants on fire with their mind" insane-less mentally Functional than Horrigan (who was canonically...mentally impaired/barely smart enough to hold a gun BEFORE the FEV exposure- my guess is the scientists crammed his skull completely full of implants to compensate-either that or his Int was purely a gameplay and story segregation thing)...

there'd be a horrific cost in casualties from the human experimentation required to rediscover whatever technique Moreau dumb-lucked his way into via brute-force, assembly line science from the ground up, and there's no guarantee the procedure/mutation wasn't as much as a pointless evolutionary dead-end as the post-war FEV Super Mutants are- it'd probably be both more practical, and ethical to just work the kinks out of the Zetan-derived Psitech they've allready got-
    i mean, by all appearances it either can be used with a non-invasive interface- which has some pretty frikking incredible potential applications for MMI in general, or pretty damned safely/reliably implanted given that Paul-FO's using the stuff

4. varoksa

varoksa Getting sticky.

Area 51 doesnt seem like much to get from a full power ring i would have assumed he also took out the mothership or something.

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Eh? Wha-? Old gods? Yeah, I have no idea about any of this lore other than a brief recollection that Fallout 3 had an alien expansion. @_@

When it comes to aliens + pyschics I go with Xcom. OL would probably like some of the stuff they got upto with Meld, but I don't know how effective he'd be in that setting with only one ring charge and his skills from when he first got his ring.

fappingtoyourpost and DAT_NOOB like this.
  6. desolatedsabers

desolatedsabers Know what you're doing yet?

I like you. but something you're forgetting is that they were hereditary. the forecaster shows up in new vegas and he's like twelve or something. and unlike the first generation ones, he wasn't a gibbering wreck even without his medicine on. so it's obviously stabalised within at least five to eight generations. i think. considering that the forecaster shows up in NV and mariposa's whole shitshow mostly happened in 1. minus horrigan and the other mutie troop.

7. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Who is red queen jade?

8. david

david Getting sticky.

Since this is after the eastern Enclave was destroyed and before the minutemen regained their strength, the eastern Brotherhood of Steel army and the forces of The Pitt are the only military forces of note in the entire North-East region. Down south I don't think we know anything except that in Florida, an irradiated G.E.C.K. is turning it into an spreading irradiated swamp. The forces of the Pitt definitely can't compete with the Legion or NCR, the Washington BoS might but they are only a bit more than a third of the way to Fallout 4 so they don't have Liberty Prime or The Prywden, and it's not even certain that they have recovered from the fight against the Enclave.

The only force that could potentially count is the Midwest BoS since they recruit non-humans, but even then nobody knows anything they've done for over 80 years before this takes place. It's entirely possible that they're gone. What I'm saying is that it's absolutely ludicrous to claim that there are four separate forces as large as the ones fielded by two multiple-state-wide empires with absolutely nothing to back it up. We'd probably have heard if there was a big empire in the Carolinas so now we're left with the BoS in Illinois and south (possible), some sort of Dakota/Missouri empire (a lot less plausible), and two more somewhere in the regions famous for radioactive hurricanes that are active during the majority of the year.

I put way too much thought into this.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Cuchulin, Ardy and AtomicGeneral25 like this.
  9. desolatedsabers

maybe, but it does help to shut down arguements without some substance behind them. also off topic but i'm gonna point out, a lot of the eldritch stuff didn't show up until bethesda took over, aside from the kind of eldritch stuff like the master and other bunk.

10. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

Hereditory? how so? there were...... 3-5 of them made total- and to the best of my knowledge, they were the results of FEV injection directly into the brain- better than even odds they ended up sterile..... and to the best of my knowledge, they were at ground zero for the nuke under the cathedral- i barely remember the guy in question- weren't they a random/natural mutation like Hakunin?

11. desolatedsabers

nup. had the psychic nullifier and everything from mariposa on his head. no idea how they weren't sterile but one of them had kids, and eventually the forecaster was born. least i'm pretty sure, he mentions mariposa at one point when talking about his medicine.

Ardy likes this.
  12. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Actually, for all we know the Eastern Enclave is still alive. I would imagine things would play out in their favor if the Lone Wanderer is just as unimportant as the Courier in the mod's version of the Fallout timeline. Especially when the mod's start date is before the Lone Wanderer even leaves their Vault.

Because, once again, this isn't just regular Fallout. This is the setting as it is in the Old World Blues mod for Hearts of Iron 4. Where they deliberately downplay the importance of the Fallout protagonists, and where the Chicago Enclave is slated to be the feared and powerful major player in the Midwest.

13. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Vae is a troll. On very rare occasions they have something of value to say, but for the most part you can ignore them and lose nothing of value.

14. desolatedsabers

i mean most of the time i see vae they're mostly mad at paul for acting like a normal fekkin person, or mad at grayven for not being ruthless enough? why follow a story if it makes you mad?

15. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Why was he looking for nonhuman technology specifically? If he was looking for stuff that can give him superpowers well, technically, there's Earth-made stuff that can give them too (radiation exposure, FEV exposure, whatever's going on with the Cabots). Also if he was looking for 'the largest cache of nonhuman tech' how the heck did his ring miss not one but two zetan Motherships in Earth orbit? What did they have 'scry wards' carved on the hull?

16. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

How common are aircraft of any sort in Fallout?

17. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Enclave has a few helicopters, boomers have a bomber. Zetans have a mothership.

18. desolatedsabers

at this point the NCR has bear force 1. which is like 5 vertibirds maybe. otherwise the enclave is slowly producing more vertibirds. the boomers don't have their bomber yet. if we're going by in general the brotherhood has developed at least four blimps, and a shitload of vertibirds by the time of 4.

19. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

A few factions have Vertibirds, and the East Coast Brotherhood gets a giant airship in Fallout 4.
    At this point the Enclave isn't producing much of anything.

20. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Maybe.

Getting every single Paul would be stupid.

21. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

Welp Mr Zoat, you've got me re-downloading FNV. Again.

22. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

If we're covering alternate Pauls Zoat, I'm interested in what you would do with Paul emerging with the ring over Terminator Earth, specifically during the Future War period strictly during Terminator 1 & 2, for obvious reasons.

If it was me, I'd use the ring to subvert/reprogram Skynet at the central core or slave higher functions to my control, stop the Machine combat units in the field, halt the Machine work camps and human processing centers, and contact John Connor and the Resistance to see about working together to rebuild with Skynet's resources and facilities.

23. Mr Zoat

Are work camps and processing centres from T1 or T2? Because if not, then they didn't happen.

24. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

Kyle Reese in Terminator 1 was in a work camp before being freed by John Connor. He mentions the disposal units ran night and day.

25. ForeverShogo

In actual Fallout? All we've seen is helicopters, an airship, and a restored B-52 bomber.

In the OWB mod? It's quite possible to invest in aircraft. With several nations being able to field the equivalent of WW2 aircraft.

There are three tiers of technology in OWB. Tribal, Civilized, and Advanced. Many nations are only Tribal, though the Tribals with focus trees usually get the ability to advance to Civilized. It's extremely rare for a Civilized nation to be able to reach Advanced. For the most part you either have to start out as Advanced or be one of the nations that can be taken over by the Enclave.

[​IMG]

In OWB, the Legion is considered to be a Civilized nation. So in theory the Legion could have some WW2 comparable aircraft or airships given that Kronos is in the mod's version of the Fallout world.

As for those three stars under some of those aircraft are? Variants. Like, the bomber variants can have less fuel but more bombs, torpedoes for anti-ship duty, or more fuel but less bombs. Or the airship variants can be weaker but cheaper, be specialized for attacking ground targets, or be specialized for attacking air targets.

[​IMG]

And just to give an idea on what the Gliders Tribals are restricted to are like, as well as what the airships are like. I figure the rest of the aircraft are basically self-explanatory.

So, uh, yeah. In the OWB version of the setting, the Legion can have a proper air force and be just as well equipped as the NCR.

=====

I'll also say the Enclave could in theory still be producing something in the canon timeline. They weren't actually destroyed during the events of Fallout 3 and Broken Steel. During the final fight against them a fuckload of Enclave Vertibirds were fleeing somewhere. Maybe the Chicago Outpost?

And, well, in OWB they're slated to be the dominant power in the Midwest.

=====

And yes, the work camps are canon to Terminator and Terminator 2.

In the first movie, when Kyle is telling Sarah about the future: Most of us were rounded up, put in camps for orderly disposal. (pulls up his right sleeve, exposing a barcode) This is burned in by laser scan. Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor. Your son, Sarah, your unborn son.

26. Mr Zoat

Huh. I wonder why? That can't have been more efficient than just shooting them, or having machines do the work.

The Republic of the Rio Grande can go from Civilised to Advanced, if you merge your leader with what's left of an AI.

There are also a few custom devices and weapons some factions can build.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  27. ForeverShogo

Maybe Skynet was just being really fucking petty?

I know Sarah Connor Chronicles also said that the work camps were actually run by people referred to as Grays. Human collaborators who willingly worked for Skynet and spent a lot of their time teaching Terminators how to blend in with humans.

Though that probably isn't canon to the movies. So whatever.

Gantradies, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  28. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Why? What were they in canon? I can't find anything about them on the fallout wiki.

29. Mr Zoat

I'm not sure that they were in canon Fallout. It just seems like a waste that Area 51 is on the map, canon Fallout has aliens, and the people who live there have nothing to do with them. I'd rather they had a focus than Broken Coast. Broken Coast means that I need to learn how to use navy. In Hearts of Iron IV. Who does that?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  30. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...