1. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Old Knife

Old Knife Know what you're doing yet?

because they crash so often?

2. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Why would Jade exist in any universe that isn't DC?

3. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 The debate continues, Brotherhood or Enclave?

"You see, Ambassador Granger, you are not dealing with a group of podunk tribals scared of your boom sticks. You are dealing with people who know what they have and know what they can do with it. So we can either continue to fuck around or we can negotiate openly and get something productive out of it all."

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No. The Sky Reavers don't have a unique focus tree. As far as I know, you can't research any zetan technology with any faction. The unique fighter is a rip of a Chinese fighter.
    Thank you, corrected.
    There probably isn't a Jade in that setting.
    So far they aren't sure.

5. desolatedsabers

desolatedsabers Getting sticky.

could you potentially mix zetan psionics with mariposa psionics? i didn't give that much of a thought but it sounds neat.

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Mariposa is a giant hole in the ground, so... Probably not?

Unless you're talking about the Troll Warrens once they establish New Mariposa, but in their case the total lack of 'smart' mutants makes me think that there won't be a lot of research going on.

7. Massgamer

Massgamer Know what you're doing yet?

Cool, I always thought that Fallout Psykers didn't get enough love and the fighter could be great for stealth strikes into Legion controlled areas to really fuck with their ability to do anything.

8. desolatedsabers

nah i meant like the forecaster kind of psionics. they had to wear the psychic nullifiers and all that, the master kept them around to figure out certain things cause some of them could see the future, others could see the past, some were just able to see what was happening then and there. it was neat. but i'm not sure how well it'd mesh with telepathy in the mix. i think one psionic had the ability for telekinetics though.

9. Ancalador

Ancalador Getting sticky.

Why do any of the DC heroes exist in DCverses with significantly different histories? Logic doesn't apply in situations like these.

AtomicGeneral25 likes this.
  10. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

What? No! Pun completely intended.

11. Ej190

Ej190 Making the rounds.

Because he(she?)'s Vaermina...

12. nick012000

nick012000 Experienced.

When's this in the timeline compared to Fallout 3? Is Mothership Zeta still hanging out orbit around the Earth, or has the FO3 protagonist destroyed it? If it's still up there, I'm sort of surprised that Paul and his minions haven't boarded it so that they could take it for themselves by now.

13. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Know what you're doing yet?

That does look pretty interesting. But what the NCR really needs to do is unfuck the situation with their Brahmin Barons.

Despite the threat of the Legion, the corruption of the Barons is ruining the NCR Army. They use their influence to keep a lot of the NCR's better stuff as essentially security guards for their cattle ranches, and they've caused things for NCR's regulars to deteriorate so badly that many of their soldiers only get two weeks of training or are deployed without proper body armor or even a service rifle.

The NCR barely fought off the Legion at the First Battle of Hoover Dam, and the greed and corruption of the Barons has made their forces weaker than they were then. Really, at this point the only forces the NCR puts any actual effort into is their special forces.

By contrast Legion soldiers are all supposed to be on the same level as or better than an NCR Ranger. At least according to Cassandra Moore, who was herself a Ranger.

I say supposed to because, well, gameplay and story segregation can be pretty strong. Especially where power armor is concerned. That shit is nuts in the lore and never really that big of a deal in-game.

==============

And for the question about the Mothership . . .

The current date in these snippets is 2279. Mothership Zeta happened in 2278.

Though that's the normal canon. Mothership Zeta might never have happened in the mod. You have to remember, in the mod there is no Courier without forcing him back in with a sub-mod.

From the faq: Q: Where is Courier Six? A: We are treating every main character past Vault Dweller to be less important than they are. This is to allow for players to craft Alt History playthroughs, and allow us to do our Historical Focuses. It also makes factions more important in the lore than single people.

Which is to say, Courier Six exists . . . But he's not THE Courier.

For the same reason, I suspect when they eventually get to the East Coast they'll decide to omit the existence of the Lone Wanderer.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  14. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I kind of assumed the lone wanderer decided to go fuck off somewhere now that the brotherhood were doing decently and he had a spaceship. He probably doesn’t want to give them too much power - especially with how the west coast brotherhood and some east coast members behave. I never thought he was really pro-brotherhood. It’s more that he’s fighting for the people of the wasteland - and the Brotherhood, being as isolationist as it is, could easily become a threat to them. Their goals just temporarily aligned. Since there isn’t much lore on what he did after the game, I always assumed he either died, went into a coma once you stopped playing, or went off to another country / another planet on the mothership and decided not to share - this is perfectly in character for how most people play (the ones that try to do good).

Ardy and nobodez like this.
  15. Vaermina

Vaermina Versed in the lewd.

Yes, Fallout America is a big place with a lot going on in it.

And for all the West Coast games, the East Coast survived with a lot more everything intact.

There are two sources of Psionics in fallout.

Exposure to FEV be it direct or the low level atmospheric that got released when the bombs fell, and leftover Old One shit.

The fact that he described it as technology, and mistook it as something belonging to the Zetan's, means it's leftover Old One shit.

They are known to crash from literally just flying through the atmosphere.

Cuchulin and fappingtoyourpost like this.
  16. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I think you're missing the fact that Fallout isn't a DCverse.

Jaron and Mister_Potato like this.
  17. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 The debate continues, Brotherhood or Enclave?

The chapter takes place in 2279, FO3 is August of 2277 to around March of 2278. FNV starts in mid-October of 2281 and continues on until sometime in 2282. FO4 for context starts in October of 2287.

The wiki has this really great timeline that I love to look over, it's quite helpful.

Gilhelmi, nick012000 and Vaermina like this.
  18. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

The Zetans could be a third such source, considering they probably experimented with something similar to FEV at one point or another. Nowhere in game is it stated that there are only 2 sources of psionics. We just only see 2 possible sources

19. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

the problem is, prettymuch every subject Moreau successfully turned into a psyker went insane- like, not "quirky" insane, but "drooling, gibbering,hallucinating and needed to be strapped into a psionic nullifier (though THAT tech could be interesting...) to stop them setting the base/ the super mutants on fire with their mind" insane-less mentally Functional than Horrigan (who was canonically...mentally impaired/barely smart enough to hold a gun BEFORE the FEV exposure- my guess is the scientists crammed his skull completely full of implants to compensate-either that or his Int was purely a gameplay and story segregation thing)...

there'd be a horrific cost in casualties from the human experimentation required to rediscover whatever technique Moreau dumb-lucked his way into via brute-force, assembly line science from the ground up, and there's no guarantee the procedure/mutation wasn't as much as a pointless evolutionary dead-end as the post-war FEV Super Mutants are- it'd probably be both more practical, and ethical to just work the kinks out of the Zetan-derived Psitech they've allready got-
    i mean, by all appearances it either can be used with a non-invasive interface- which has some pretty frikking incredible potential applications for MMI in general, or pretty damned safely/reliably implanted given that Paul-FO's using the stuff

20. varoksa

varoksa Getting sticky.

Area 51 doesnt seem like much to get from a full power ring i would have assumed he also took out the mothership or something.

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Eh? Wha-? Old gods? Yeah, I have no idea about any of this lore other than a brief recollection that Fallout 3 had an alien expansion. @_@

When it comes to aliens + pyschics I go with Xcom. OL would probably like some of the stuff they got upto with Meld, but I don't know how effective he'd be in that setting with only one ring charge and his skills from when he first got his ring.

fappingtoyourpost and DAT_NOOB like this.
  22. desolatedsabers

I like you. but something you're forgetting is that they were hereditary. the forecaster shows up in new vegas and he's like twelve or something. and unlike the first generation ones, he wasn't a gibbering wreck even without his medicine on. so it's obviously stabalised within at least five to eight generations. i think. considering that the forecaster shows up in NV and mariposa's whole shitshow mostly happened in 1. minus horrigan and the other mutie troop.

23. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Who is red queen jade?

24. david

david Making the rounds.

Since this is after the eastern Enclave was destroyed and before the minutemen regained their strength, the eastern Brotherhood of Steel army and the forces of The Pitt are the only military forces of note in the entire North-East region. Down south I don't think we know anything except that in Florida, an irradiated G.E.C.K. is turning it into an spreading irradiated swamp. The forces of the Pitt definitely can't compete with the Legion or NCR, the Washington BoS might but they are only a bit more than a third of the way to Fallout 4 so they don't have Liberty Prime or The Prywden, and it's not even certain that they have recovered from the fight against the Enclave.

The only force that could potentially count is the Midwest BoS since they recruit non-humans, but even then nobody knows anything they've done for over 80 years before this takes place. It's entirely possible that they're gone. What I'm saying is that it's absolutely ludicrous to claim that there are four separate forces as large as the ones fielded by two multiple-state-wide empires with absolutely nothing to back it up. We'd probably have heard if there was a big empire in the Carolinas so now we're left with the BoS in Illinois and south (possible), some sort of Dakota/Missouri empire (a lot less plausible), and two more somewhere in the regions famous for radioactive hurricanes that are active during the majority of the year.

I put way too much thought into this.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Cuchulin, Ardy and AtomicGeneral25 like this.
  25. desolatedsabers

maybe, but it does help to shut down arguements without some substance behind them. also off topic but i'm gonna point out, a lot of the eldritch stuff didn't show up until bethesda took over, aside from the kind of eldritch stuff like the master and other bunk.

26. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

Hereditory? how so? there were...... 3-5 of them made total- and to the best of my knowledge, they were the results of FEV injection directly into the brain- better than even odds they ended up sterile..... and to the best of my knowledge, they were at ground zero for the nuke under the cathedral- i barely remember the guy in question- weren't they a random/natural mutation like Hakunin?

27. desolatedsabers

nup. had the psychic nullifier and everything from mariposa on his head. no idea how they weren't sterile but one of them had kids, and eventually the forecaster was born. least i'm pretty sure, he mentions mariposa at one point when talking about his medicine.

Ardy likes this.
  28. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Know what you're doing yet?

Actually, for all we know the Eastern Enclave is still alive. I would imagine things would play out in their favor if the Lone Wanderer is just as unimportant as the Courier in the mod's version of the Fallout timeline. Especially when the mod's start date is before the Lone Wanderer even leaves their Vault.

Because, once again, this isn't just regular Fallout. This is the setting as it is in the Old World Blues mod for Hearts of Iron 4. Where they deliberately downplay the importance of the Fallout protagonists, and where the Chicago Enclave is slated to be the feared and powerful major player in the Midwest.

29. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Vae is a troll. On very rare occasions they have something of value to say, but for the most part you can ignore them and lose nothing of value.

30. desolatedsabers

i mean most of the time i see vae they're mostly mad at paul for acting like a normal fekkin person, or mad at grayven for not being ruthless enough? why follow a story if it makes you mad?