1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Flavy02

Flavy02 A Certain Radio Demon

[x][Let go] Nothing.

2. Demonlorddraco91

Demonlorddraco91 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Let go] Nothing.

3. MahoGuy

MahoGuy Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Let go] Nothing.
    -[X] You are the-human-who-was-khepri and shall not discard the sun that lock the heaven or the moon that brings the night.
    --[X] You remember now that you need not alone to carry the Sun and Moon alone after all you have a partner, she who you became so close to that the lines between had blended together until there was no way to tell where one began and the other ended—and never had that unity so violently torn apart, self-hood and individuality unwillingly restored when the lines between them were cut by the brutal edge of death. She knew on some level that that unity they found was not a good one, as she had never been meant to be a Shard anymore than Queen had been meant to be a human, but in that moment they’d been both and she could still feel the ache of the loss a hole in her chest that had followed her in death
    ---[X] With this memory comes understanding and you reach out to the-shard-who-was-khepri for though your separation was sad the bond between your separate half cannot be erased

4. Agmus

Agmus Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Let go] The Moon.

5. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

Did you mean that you are not going to vote, or you are voting for the option "[x][Let go] Nothing."
    If it is the latter, you need to type it exactly as I have in the quotations.

6. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Making the rounds.

[x] [Let go] nothing.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  7. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

I didn't mean actually put in quotations. Just type the words without them.

8. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

[x][Let go] The Sun.

9. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X][Let go] Nothing.

Blend and make stars?

10. Phasehand

Phasehand Getting sticky.

[X][Let go] Nothing.
    -[X] You are the-human-who-was-khepri and shall not discard the sun that lock the heaven or the moon that brings the night.
    --[X] You remember now that you need not alone to carry the Sun and Moon alone after all you have a partner, she who you became so close to that the lines between had blended together until there was no way to tell where one began and the other ended—and never had that unity so violently torn apart, self-hood and individuality unwillingly restored when the lines between them were cut by the brutal edge of death. She knew on some level that that unity they found was not a good one, as she had never been meant to be a Shard anymore than Queen had been meant to be a human, but in that moment they’d been both and she could still feel the ache of the loss a hole in her chest that had followed her in death
    ---[X] With this memory comes understanding and you reach out to the-shard-who-was-khepri for though your separation was sad the bond between your separate half cannot be erased

spidermonkey likes this.
  11. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

Personally, I think she could become something much greater than both the sun and moon provided she doesn't just discard a part of herself once more. Basically this is her chance to redo a turning point in her life once more but as an Hollow with half-forgotten memories of herself choosing one option that saw her breaking piece by piece.

Syphi likes this.
  12. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

It's Bleach. There are no limits. Ichigo kicks off Arc 2 by becoming a Shinigami/Hollow hybrid naturally, when all previous examples were created by the Hogyoku(Ultimate Wish MacGuffin). He gets Bankai in three days. He stomps Aizen for a brief period. He and Uryu killed God. Once again, Bleach is a world barren of true hard limits.

Ljapaubeaves likes this.
  13. CrimsonFate

I'm not saying she has limits just saying that become even greater provided she doesn't throw any parts of herself away once more. And that she has a chance to not make the same mistakes she did in life just to accomplish her goals.

14. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

[x][Let go] Nothing.

15. KuroOkami

KuroOkami Getting sticky.

[x][Let go] Nothing.

16. Ljapaubeaves

Ljapaubeaves Making the rounds.

[X][Let go] Nothing. You are what you are, all of it. Discarding a part is discarding a part of yourself and you refuse. You’ll make it work… somehow.

My thoughts process literally summoned the Flexmaster Himself to voice the answer to that line:

Taylor be like:

She has given of herself for so long, it is time to be selfish just for once. why cannot SHE have something good happen to herself? Why does SHE have to suffer? She is all of those things, she acnowledges that, so why should she give parts of herself away? Just BECAUSE?
    NO! She has suffered enough and it is all right be greedy just for once.

17. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

This time's winner is...

[X][Let go] Nothing.

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 27 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 792-856]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] mattsaber
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Iceflame55
    [X] MahoGuy
    [X] Phasehand
    [X] Scottyzelsnyder
    [X] Shaper47
    --[X] You remember now that you need not alone to carry the Sun and Moon alone after all you have a partner, she who you became so close to that the lines between had blended together until there was no way to tell where one began and the other ended—and never had that unity so violently torn apart, self-hood and individuality unwillingly restored when the lines between them were cut by the brutal edge of death. She knew on some level that that unity they found was not a good one, as she had never been meant to be a Shard anymore than Queen had been meant to be a human, but in that moment they'd been both and she could still feel the ache of the loss a hole in her chest that had followed her in death
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] mattsaber
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Iceflame55
    [X] MahoGuy
    [X] Phasehand
    [X] Scottyzelsnyder
    [X] Shaper47
    No. of Votes: 6
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Iceflame55
    [X] MahoGuy
    [X] Phasehand
    [X] Scottyzelsnyder
    -[X] You are the-human-who-was-khepri and shall not discard the sun that locks the heaven or the moon that brings the night.
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] mattsaber
    [X] Shaper47

Task: Let go
    [X][Let go] Nothing.
    No. of Votes: 37
    [x] MrMig
    [x] abyssmal_kismet
    [x] Aerrow
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Arksurek
    [x] Autist4Hugh
    [x] bobbya1
    [x] CrimsonFate
    [x] daimahou
    [x] Demetric
    [x] Demonlorddraco91
    [x] DilonVokun
    [x] Flavy02
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Iceflame55
    [X] Jarrarad
    [x] joneik3
    [x] jrbiohazard
    [x] KuroOkami
    [X] LokKi
    [X] MahoGuy
    [x] mariuswinter
    [X] mattsaber
    [x] OldClueless
    [X] Phasehand
    [X] R.A.G.
    [x] Ratatoskr
    [x] redaeth
    [X] Scottyzelsnyder
    [X] Shaper47
    [x] SoldMars
    [x] spidermonkey
    [x] Syphi
    [X] The_Collection
    [x] Umbra99
    [x] werdzerg13
    [x] Zakara
    [X][Let go] Nothing. You are what you are, all of it. Discarding a part is discarding a part of yourself and you refuse. You'll make it work… somehow.
    No. of Votes: 6
    [X] Jubjub3000
    [X] A-Salt-N-Battery
    [X] Its_a_cauldron_plot!
    [X] Ljapaubeaves
    [X] Naddakka741
    [X] Rock_on_5002
    [X][Let go] The Sun.
    No. of Votes: 5
    [x] Prama
    [x] Bloodalchemy
    [x] CatOnFire
    [x] ELRue
    [x] Minion #Q
    [X][Let go] The Moon.
    No. of Votes: 3
    [x] Metoto21
    [X] Agmus
    [x] globalwarmth
    [X][Let go] Both get out!
    No. of Votes: 1
    [x] JadeSpear
    [X][Let go] Both.
    No. of Votes: 1
    [x] Kraotop

Total No. of Voters: 53

With an overwhelming 43/53... you greedy bastards :p.

No interlude this time, played with a couple of ideas but my heart wasn't on it, next chapter should be up tomorrow around this time at the latest (please note the 'should' I'm really good at miscalculating.).

18. Zakara

Lol. In my case, it’s less about greed and more like this: Here and now, Taylor can throw away a part of herself that conflicts with another, throw them both away and start fresh, or keep both despite the conflict and try to make it work. My problem with the former two is this: If she throws away an intristic part of her soul simply because it conflicts with another, equally intristic part, where will she stop? In my mind it’s a slippery slope that she practically sledded down when she was alive, and I’m not eager to see Being Taylor Hebert is Suffering 2, Electric Boogaloo. She left enough of herself behind last time, for so many reasons, that I feel it’ll be too easy to start doing again. So I say that she should hold onto everything she is, damn the consequences. If they won’t work together naturally, then Taylor will make them work together. whether they like it or not. That’s the Hebert Way.

19. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Making the rounds.

The burden is not just hers to take the Queen that was once apart of her can help after all the become intertwined near her end and shards love there hosts and do you really think as a fragment of a being that technically exists in multiple versions of the same planet in particular such a key fragment sight would be stopped by a unstable fragments of a planet no the queen is going to reunite with its Taylor and so the onyx sun rises while the queen grasp the moon and so the eclipse of there union shall herald the end of this abomination of a status quo of these worlds

Planeshunter and Malcanthet like this.
  20. phil503

phil503 Getting out there.

is it overwhelming enougth for a perk?;);):D
    also just to put it out there I want to see her acidentaly rune all planes by being happy and oblivious

write in [X] when she is a biped she randomly skips when happy.

Planeshunter likes this.
  21. Malcanthet

Malcanthet Shy Adorable Arachne

I agree and sorry had to point out the likely Autocorruptions.

Planeshunter likes this.
  22. Zakara

Probably not a good idea. The one quest I ever saw that gave perks as rewards for Landslide Votes died before it finished the first Arc.
    Messing with the Forest Guardian, nomming Grand Fisher, cluing Yuzu and Karin in, getting a legit Fullbringer to stick around, and knocking Ichigo and Uryu's competition off the rails is very much small stuff. Even Tatsuki and Chizuru getting swallowed whole isn't really much of a derail, since they never really contribute anything meaningful, beyond hanging around in the mortal world as friends of the MCs that they have to hide the supernatural from. Whatever Taylor's doing with Masaki's soul though is very much a significant derail, as even if none of the four have intact memories, Taylor knows Tatsuki and Chizuru are from Karakura, and will probably bring them back with Masaki and Fortuna along for the ride. That'll probably reveal Isshin's supernatural nature and Ichigo's Qunicy heritage, months ahead of schedule. And from there, we're pretty much into the realm of tossing dynamite onto the tracks, because given just how intricate Bleach's plots are, this much divergence royal screws everything, so we might as well see how far we can push the buck.
    I love that and I'm absolutely going to steal it for personal usage. Fucking spellcheck man.

23. CrimsonFate

When I consider how off the rails on how things are compared to canon with Weaver involvement at the moment. For some reason I feel like this could've happen without the Weaver Butterfly Effect impacting the cast of Bleach. It could be consider a small miracle that Strawberry & Friends all made it out alive in one piece during the canon story events.

24. Zakara

Oh yeah, that bit was a genuine fucking miracle. Not counting Ichigo’s initial idiocy in trying to treat the Gillian as an exercise in lumberjacking that Weaver narrowly averted here, the only ones on hand to deal with it were Ichigo and Uryu, with Urahara and Rukia in the back as moral support. Both here and in Canon there was the serious danger of the city getting leveled by the dumb-as-a-post Gillian. We just got Tatsuki and Chizuru getting nommed in exchange for Ichigo’s Zanpaktou starting to explode.

25. Planeshunter

Overwhelming votes can, depending on the circumstances, influence the plot. Gainig perks outside of defining moments like birth and evolutions will be hard.

Since most of the conversation involves speculation of the future, I'll refrain from commenting on anything else.

Instead, I'll as a question I'm really curious about.

Who or what do you guys think is the red voice? I want to hear your reasonable and crazy theories both.

26. Zakara

I’ll freely admit that I have no earthly idea. I kinda lost interest in Bleach at the point it began turning into a complete and total bishounen-fest, even for the girls, so I’m only well versed on Pre-Timeskip plot and characters, plus the first and fourth movies. Yhwach, the Zero Squad, the Soul King, and all those other insanely ancient remnants of Bleach’s primordial times are completely and utterly out of my wheelhouse and meta-knowledge beyond the blindingly obvious.

Going by what Red is saying and some of the context, Red is definitively Ancient, and rather well versed on the mechanics of Hollow Gestalts and Hollows in general to boot. They mention talking to others in the past, but also say that it has been quite some time since they last did so, and when an Ancient Entity says “It’s been a while.”, it’s really been a while. They refer to Hollows as “your kin” meaning they aren’t a Hollow themselves. They also say that “you know where to find me” though, implying that this is perhaps something obvious in hindsight.

The big clue though is that during the choice between the Sun and Moon, Red says to “Let me go” implying that no matter which we pick to let go of, we’ll be banishing their voice from Taylor’s perception all the same. This means that Red isn’t the Moon, and isn’t the Sun. Perhaps... they’re both? Somehow? The coin on which the Sun and Moon are two sides of? I have no idea how that would work, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

Edit: Wait, Red said to “let go of one of us” and then said to “let me go” followed by “embrace the pragmatic choice”. So I think that Red is the Sun, which hasn’t been able to talk to people for quite some time, and is prompting Taylor to take the pragmatic option of keeping the Moon and its boon to her EE. That’s my theory.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Otto von Saurion and Demetric like this.
  27. CrimsonFate

At first I thinking it was Weaver potential sword spirit. Then some entity of power like the Soul King, or maybe some random god or a devil.

But my favorite theory is that it some sort of test for Weaver and the question is that did she fail it or pass it? Or maybe there was no true answer to this test.

28. Shaper47

Shaper47 Versed in the lewd.

A red ribbon represents the power of a soul reaper, sword spirits are not really explained much in bleach but there was that whole issue with two soul reapers one of them being Tōshirō Hitsugaya having the same sword spirit.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  29. Threadmarks: Pupa 2.05 - Ignite
    Planeshunter

… Really?

An ambitious choice, little godkiller, I don’t hate that. Knowing you’re so fond of me is flattering too.

But I’m afraid this time I’ll have to insist. I’m not what you need, and you still have some growing to do before you can both keep the cake and eat it. So I’ll be taking my leave now, and let you rise to victory as we both know you will. Come see me once you have at least your name back.

Here, I’ll even help you get started.

There was once a cheerful girl who loved her friends and family...

The red voice took action! Luz Lunar temporarily disabled!

There was once a cheerful girl who loved her friends and family.

Since her friends and family loved her back, she was happy.

Then everything went to hell.

A dagger in her back, straight through her heart. A confidant turned traitor. All her weaknesses exposed for the world to see.

The stifling hostility, the taunts, the tricks, the harm, the ridicule..

A̴̳̙̔ ̵͓̖̿d̷͉͋a̷̙̒̍r̴͓̍͌k̶͉̀̅ ̸̣͔̈́͘l̴̺͒ǫ̴̩̒̄c̷̝͕̿̓k̵͈̫͐e̵̦͙̒r̷̙̙͆ ̴̩̥̐͗f̶̙̻̉̔ū̵̮̌͜l̴̳̽l̴̠͚͂ ̷̺̂̈́o̴͈̲̽̈́ḟ̴̣̲̃ ̸͈̏̌n̶̢̤͆i̴̺͒ḡ̸͈́h̴̗͂t̷̮͓͋m̵̯͇͌͐ả̷̟̅r̷̜͠e̸̞͆̄s̶͙͛͐.̸̰̪͝

Standing right back up. Cracked, yet unbending. Refusing to let it swallow her.

Enduring the duress, redirecting her frustration towards something productive. She was better than them.

She had to, lest her life lost all meaning.

Defend what’s right, come hell or high water, no matter what’s against her.

A dragon is no different from a street mugger, what must be done doesn’t change, just the stakes.

Monsters are monsters, whether or not they wear human skin, whether or not they’re born from humanity.

There isn’t always a right choice, yet there’s always a best choice.

And no matter how dark her options, she always strived to walk the less dark one. Whatever the cost for herself. Even if she had to leave pieces of her soul and body behind along the way, she walked a path without regrets.

Until the cruel sun descended to devour the world.

She did her part, and then died.

What’s the name of the cheerful girl who loved her friends and family?

I am… I....

The fire burns, and something pushes to get out.

There was once a forgotten girl who died.

Dying was scary, her memories were gone and she didn’t know what was going on. From the moment she woke up, she had to fight.

She fought, and won, because she refused to lose. Her reward was a new life… In an alien and hostile world.

Things weren’t so bad, though. Maybe her perception was distorted by the life she could no longer remember, but life and death struggles with logic defying monsters weren’t actually that scary.

She also had her own abilities which made no sense either to fight back with.

Figuring out the rules of this new world was frustrating, but also lots of fun. Without a past to weigh her down, the dead girl enjoyed her new life to the fullest.

She also made friends… Kinda. She saved a shinigami, who turned out to be sworn enemies of her kin.

Life was a bit lonely, but she kept busy so she didn’t have much time to reflect on that.

Then a hole opened in the world, and she fell out.

What’s the name of the forgotten girl who died?

Who am I, really? My name is...

The fire burns hotter, and something and the bindings start to give out.

There was once a kind monster who fell into the human world.

Since many other monsters fell alongside it, the humans were in trouble. Since it loved children, it rushed to protect them.

The kind monster looked scary, and it took some effort to earn the children’s trust, but it managed.

Since the children were searching for their big brother, the kind monster decided to accompany them. It felt a bit like the Journey to the West. Only it couldn’t make clones out of its hair… A project for the future.

Also, absolute-fucking everyone attacked her on sight, it was very frustrating.

Since the monster was kind, though, it solved everything peacefully, and soon it had befriended a group of misfits.

Then, a huge monster attacked. It was much more powerful and scary than anything else in town, but what must be done doesn’t change, just the stakes.

Facing it felt familiar, somehow.

Dying trying to save everyone, and only half-succeeding, also felt familiar.

Who was the kind monster who fell into the human world?

I… I am… My name is...

The inferno roars, and the chrysalid burns away to ashes. The darkness makes way for the blazing red, and long forgotten words finally come back to me.

“My name is Taylor Hebert!”

And then there is FIRE!!!.

{Consume, Learn, Evolve}
    {Agreement}

It’s finally the time to emerge as an Adjuchas! During your time of tribulation, some lights inside you have earned your attention. You can set aside a part of your EE to keep them from being completely assimilated into yourself. Your total EE will be divided by the total number of lights you want to remain.
    Additionally, you can try and reach for those lights you initially set aside. They’re already blurry, deeply intertwined with the whole, but you should be able to still reach for them, albeit at a much higher cost. Write in for it, but you can’t use this to exceed the max amount of preserved lights.

Warning.[/B] EE costs to increase Power Levels as an Adjuchas are MUCH steeper than before. You’ve been warned.

All for One:[/B] Nope. That’s your essence that you ate it fair and square and you’re keeping it. Hopefully you’ll find a different way to save them later on, but there’s no point in weakening yourself when you know the sort of monsters that lie lurking in every shadow.
    Self-delusion doesn’t suit you, little godkiller.
    Just You and Me!: You’ll split your EE in half, saving one of the lights. (Rescuing one of the already discarded lights will cost you most of your EE, leaving just barely enough for yourself to function.)
    Taking Two: You’ll split your EE three ways, saving two of the lights. (Rescuing one or more of the already discarded lights will cost you most of your EE, leaving just barely enough for yourself to function.)
    Four of a kind: You’ll split your EE four ways, saving three of the lights. (Rescuing one or more of the already discarded lights will cost you most of your EE, leaving just barely enough for yourself to function.)
    One for All: You’ll split your EE five ways, saving all the lights you can. (Rescuing one or more of the already discarded lights will cost you most of your EE, leaving just barely enough for yourself to function.)

[x][Save] All for One
    [x][Save] You and Me
    -[x][You and Me] The Heroic Child
    -[x][You and Me] The Shy Girl
    -[x][You and Me] The Passionate Girl
    -[x][You and Me] The Bright Girl
    [x][Save] Taking Two
    -[x][Taking Two] The Heroic Child
    -[x][Taking Two] The Shy Girl
    -[x][Taking Two] The Passionate Girl
    -[x][Taking Two] The Bright Girl
    [x][Save] Four of a Kind
    -[x][Four of a Kind] The Heroic Child
    -[x][Four of a Kind] The Shy Girl
    -[x][Four of a Kind] The Passionate Girl
    -[x][Four of a Kind] The Bright Girl
    [x][Save] One for All

-Oblivion Compensation! You lose 66385 EE!! (Luz Lunar temporarily disabled)

Unfortunately, the red voice has their own ideas and doesn’t agree with your choice… It’s not as bad as it seems, please be patient.

No, seriously, put away that pitchfork.

Can’t we do like civilised adults and… Is that a torch?

Screw it, you’ll never catch me!

Author jumps through the window, lands awkwardly with a curse and runs limps away very fast.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  30. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[x][Save] One for All

I didn't choose just to be forced to let them go. They are within me therefore mine.

I'll do whatever I want with what is mine.