1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Save] One for All

2. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

That’s a misconception. Gillian are what happens when everything gets to be too much to handle and their inner void dissolved into a metaphysical free-for-all. Adjucas are what happens when a Gillian resolves its inner conflict and a dominant personality asserts itself. In other words, Adjucas class is achieved not through feeding but inner resolution. The Gillian still can and needs to eat, but it won’t evolve from it.

Planeshunter and edofthesquid like this.
  3. Rexman25

Rexman25 Getting out there.

[x][Save] One for All

4. Knightlight

Knightlight Versed in the lewd.

Watch Taylor proves you wrong

mattsaber likes this.
  5. phil503

phil503 Getting out there.

[x][Save] One for All

I feel this needs linked.

(Was Nana Shimura one of thoes lightes?)

mattsaber and mariuswinter like this.
  6. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

There is, more than one in fact. Stay tuned!

Yeah, sorry about that :oops:
    You got it right tho:
    -Max of 4 Lights will be saved.
    -EE split equaly as long as you only pick Preserved Lights (the ones you guys chose in previous votes)
    -Most EE will be lost to reach for the Discarded Lights (the ones you guys didn't choose in previous votes), doesn't mater how many of those are chosen.

Sasuga Heterodyne-sama!

My interpretation is that a Menos becomes Adjuchas as soon as a dominant personality emerges. While you were Gillian our struggles were on a more metaphisical kind and, as soon as you took charge (and recovered your name) it triggered the next stage. That's why our Gillian form didn't increase the level cap (that will change with next update, when I update your stats to reflect the finished metamorphosis).

Crazyself00, edofthesquid and Zakara like this.
  7. edofthesquid

edofthesquid I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x][Save] One for All

8. werdzerg13

werdzerg13 Versed in the lewd.

[x][Save] One for All

9. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Making the rounds.

-[x][Taking Two] The Shy Girl and The Heroic Child. I picked fortuna because cause they know each other and they did nearly all the wrong things for the right reasons
    After all we could potentially rescue the other ones

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  10. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

Maybe when Taylor becomes a Vasto Lord, right now Taylor would be more beastial so I expect her to look more like...
    Taylor is an Adjuchas.

[X][Plan] Screw the Rules I Have Sweet Hair
    -[X][Save] Quiet Child
    -[X][Save] Bright Girl
    -[X][Save] Shy Girl
    -[X][Save] The Heroic Child
    -[X][Save] Passionate Girl
    -[X][Save] Greedy Girl

We killed a god! Not the the god king of hungry ghost world! Not Captain Genocide of the so called gods of death! Not the entire might of super hero world! Taylor 'holy shit not the face' Hebert did! I dont care if we regress back to an earlier evolution we are saving as much as we can! Let's Horcux this shit, split our strength seven ways!

Planeshunter likes this.
  11. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

[x][Save] One for All

12. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[x][Save] One for All

Once, just for once, eeryone can e saed.

13. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

No, hell no. We didn’t pry these motherfuckers out of the pan, just to drop then back into the fryer.

[x][Save] One for All

Zakara likes this.
  14. JadeSpear

JadeSpear Getting sticky.

[x][Save] One for All

15. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

...wow. And I thought the rest of us were greedy bastards. :p Not that this isn't inspiring and all, but I can't help but feel that reaching beyond the GM Dictated Bounds here is a bad idea, especially after we just got lightly lectured on the dangers of reaching too far too quickly by what I'm fairly sure is Hueco Mundo's Moon. I mean, not that we're exactly going to make a habit of obeying higher beings when we're the decision-making process of Taylor "Fuck the Man" Hebert, and we did get a pretty sweet boon from Red for our unflinching resolve to shoulder the burden regardless of the potential consequences in the form of uncovering Taylor's True Name the moment she evolved, but there's a very fine line between our Gurren Lagann shenanigans amusing Planes and annoying them.

And what is it we humble questers should never do?
    [​IMG]

Crazyself00, victor janus and Drock like this.
  16. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

Eh, I could annoy Planes but I could just a easily inspire the GM. I'm willing to throw myself out there anonymously on the internet to see if I can do so.

Zakara likes this.
  17. HammeredApple

HammeredApple Not a pile of applesauce.

[x][Save] One for All

They will be rescued, they have no choice.

18. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x][Save] One for All

A bit greedy.

Just wondering would the others be bug themed? figure they got influenced by Taylors will in some way, so each of them is some kind of bug, maybe Tatsuki is some kind of Ironclad beetle, not a flight capable creature, but one of natures "Fuck your boot Ima keep on going." seriously watched a video on those things, they get run over by cars and are still alive.

Of course Taylor still a Moth creature, like Mothra.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But fire elemental Also why not just make her a giant also, as an adjuchas towering over the others, but not so big its ridiculous. But pretty big, figure it be rather funny as she was smaller then a human, but a giant as an adjuchas, but when she gets vasto lorde she is tiny again and when arrancar she is a tall loli.

Jubjub3000 and Malcanthet like this.
  19. phil503

phil503 Getting out there.

i find it hahd to beleve that Planes would be to anoyed afterall he ofered one for all. is it just me or does aneyone else the folowing.
    sun = big ball of fire
    One for All (qurk) is reprasented by a fire
    so sun = One for All?

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  20. KuroOkami

KuroOkami Getting sticky.

[x][Save] One for All

21. LokKi

LokKi Why so serious?

[x][Save] All for One

22. Planeshunter

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

This time's winner is...

[X][Save] One for All
    -[X][One for All] Preserved Lights

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 29 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 870-921]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    Task: Save
    [X][Save] One for All
    No. of Votes: 37
    [x] MrMig
    [x] Agmus
    [x] Arbitbit39
    [x] Argentis
    [x] Arksurek
    [x] A-Salt-N-Battery
    [x] bobbya1
    [x] CrimsonFate
    [x] daimahou
    [x] Demetric
    [x] Demonlorddraco91
    [x] edofthesquid
    [x] Fonteius
    [x] Gabriel Bouthot
    [x] HammeredApple
    [X] Harpy81
    [x] Iceflame55
    [x] Its_a_cauldron_plot!
    [x] JadeSpear
    [x] Jarrarad
    [x] Jubjub3000
    [x] Kraotop
    [x] KuroOkami
    [x] Ljapaubeaves
    [x] mariuswinter
    [x] Metoto21
    [x] Naddakka741
    [x] phil503
    [x] R.A.G.
    [x] Ratatoskr
    [x] Rexman25
    [x] Rock_on_5002
    [x] vinzzz001
    [x] Werd Me
    [x] werdzerg13
    [x] Zakara
    [x] zarabg
    [X][Save] All for One
    No. of Votes: 3
    [x] ELRue
    [x] globalwarmth
    [x] LokKi
    -[X][Save] Bright Girl
    No. of Votes: 1
    [X] CatOnFire
    -[X][Save] Greedy Girl
    [X] CatOnFire
    -[X][Save] Passionate Girl
    [X] CatOnFire
    -[X][Save] Quiet Child
    [X] CatOnFire
    -[X][Save] Shy Girl
    [X] CatOnFire
    [X][Save] Taking Two
    [X] Shaper47
    -[X][Save] The Heroic Child
    [X] CatOnFire

Task: Taking Two
    -[X][Taking Two] The Bright Girl
    [X] Shaper47
    -[X][Taking Two] The Heroic Child
    [X] Shaper47
    [X][Taking Two] The Shy Girl and The Heroic Child.I picked fortuna because cause they know each other and they did nearly all the wrong things for the right reasons
    [x] spidermonkey

Task: One for All
    -[X][One for All] The Heroic Child
    [x] Kraotop
    -[X][One for All] The Passionate Girl
    [x] Kraotop
    -[X][One for All] The Quiet Child
    [x] Kraotop
    -[X][One for All] The Shy Girl
    [x] Kraotop

Task: Plan
    [X][Plan] Screw the Rules I Have Sweet Hair
    [X] CatOnFire

Total No. of Voters: 43

I did promise to release the identities of the Discarded Voices at the end of the arc, didn't I?

The Pure Boy: Kumagawa Misogi (Medaka Box)
    Kumagawa’s potential Zanpakuto Spirit: Anshin’in - “[I'm in a pinch, Anshin’in-san]”
    [​IMG]

The Greedy Girl: Kirisame Marisa (Touhou Project)
    Marisa’s potential Zanpakuto Spirit: Mima - “Teach me, Mima-sensei.”
    [​IMG]

The Unwanted Girl: Chloe von Einzbern/Kuro Illya (Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya)
    Chloe’s potential Zanpakuto Spirit: Archer - “Let’s save everyone, Archer.”
    [​IMG]

The Quiet Child: Frisk (Undertale)
    Frisk’s potential Zanpakuto Spirit: Chara - “Smile, Chara.”
    [​IMG]

The Gentle Girl: Mato Kuroi (Black Rock Shooter)
    Mato’s potential Zanpakuto Spirit: Black Rock Shooter - “Take on their pain, Black Rock Shooter.”
    [​IMG]

The Perfect Girl: Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)
    Monika’s potential Zanpakuto Spirit: Just. Monika. - “Rewrite, Monika.”
    [​IMG]

If one or more of them had been chosen they would've been used as Expys as close to the inspirations as reasonable with their personality intact and a backstory to match the memories, but not the 'true' characters. Because them being here for real would mean their whole franchises being here too, and that's a clusterfuck I wasn't looking forward to.

Unfortunately, chances of recovering them are now close to zero. There was a reason why the red voice commented on self-delusion at the 'All for One' option description.

23. Threadmarks: Pupa X - Musings of a stranded soldier
    Planeshunter

Ashido Kanō doesn’t consider himself as specially competent, or a hardass. Not like a captain, not even like a lieutenant. He’s just a guy who practices his kenjutsu and has good hand-eye coordination. The only reason he’s managed to survive in this hellhole the Hollow call home is, in his humble opinion, his pragmatist.

He’s always been good at figuring out how to get out of a sticky situation and, most important, willing to do what it takes to actually pull it off. Since that day he was dumb enough to follow a Hollow back home, he’s grown used to ignore little things like disgust, comfort or dignity.

Honestly, keeping in sight who he is and what’s important has been a challenge at times, when simply surviving another battle seemed such a tall order, but he’s managed.

That said, it doesn’t mean he’s forgotten common decency, or that he’s beyond simple gratitude. When one receives help, one helps back, within reason. And he was once helped when he thought he was alone, by a Hollow of all things, a particularly terrifying one at that. Makes one think, right?

So what was he supposed to do when a Gillian fell from the sky, dive-bombed the home base of that previously mentioned Hollow and got tangled up in a silk cocoon before it could say peep, right in front of him?

Well, first of all he got the hell away, Gillian are unpredictable at the best of times, and unpredictable things kill you here in Hueco Mundo. Then he kept watch from a safe distance because, sure, unpredictable kills you. But unknown kills even deader.

When the spiritual presence of that nightmare spawn he so happened to owe one to began rising from inside the Gillian, well…

His options were to try and finish the thing off before there is even more trouble, or hope very hard the caterpillar he'd only met once and don’t really have a measure of is truly an exception to everything he knows about Hollows and won’t try to devour him the moment it’s powerful enough to get away with it.

There’s no doubt the pragmatic choice was the first one but…

Here he is, day after day keeping an eye on the cocoon from a safe distance, just in case it gets into trouble.

Not that it seems to need it, the thing has Ceroed the hell out of anything that comes too close to it.

… It might be the case that, day after day, he has gradually gotten closer with every visit until he can actually rest your back on the cocoon. It’s kind of bizarre. Also not the pragmatic option, by the way. On his defense the silk is surprisingly nice to the touch and he doesn’t have a whole lot of work to do here beyond surviving, which is kinda easy around the point-defense Gillian of shining death he's currently resting on.

He’s thought about it a lot, during the time he’s been keeping the thing company, and he’s come to a conclusion. Actually, he’s reaffirmed a conclusion he’d reached a long time ago: Being alone is damn lonely.

It’s one thing to act as an elitist badass motherfucker when you’re surrounded by an entire division of equally rowdy soldiers, but one’s standards for company take a nosedive when you find yourself stranded behind enemy lines by yourself for a couple of centuries.

So here he is, enjoying the company of a sworn enemy who can’t even talk back to him, just because they fought on the same side that one time and it hasn’t tried to Cero his ass the moment he came close.

… That last one is actually a pretty damn good argument, but whatever.

A sudden spike on the cocoon’s reiatsu shakes him out of his ruminations. Under the privacy of his mask, he lets out a small smile, the presence of his… ‘friend’ from within the Gillian has been growing day by day and, with that final spike, it’s finally taken over. He doesn’t know jack shit about Hollow biology, but that can only be a good sign in his book.

Unfortunately, that’s when the entire cocoon starts heating up very fast. That’s a very bad sign in his book, and he puts some distance as fast as he can. Not a second too soon, either. The cocoon bursts into flame, as a comet of blazing red emerges from inside, soaring upwards towards the starless sky.

He’ll never admit to having spent a whole minute just standing there dumbfounded, as the fire roared, consuming the leftovers of the cocoon and the figure disappeared into the distance.

“Well... ” he finally mutters, once he catches himself. “That was one hell of an exit. Guess it’s back to lurking in the forest for me...”

As he leaves the clearing though, he can’t shake the feeling this isn’t the last time he’ll see that particular Hollow.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  24. Metoto21

Metoto21 Not too sore, are you?

Threadmark?

Zucr13Ranu, Planeshunter and Joseph like this.
  25. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

Tell me we gone with mothra look. :3

26. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

We were a caterpiller and between the sun and the moon we probably gonna be somewhat light based.
    [​IMG]

27. cazador

cazador Versed in the lewd.

Taylor evolved into volcarona

28. Planeshunter

Seriously, the threadmark system hates me. Thanks, fixed now.

29. RyubosJ

RyubosJ But what if, we don't include lewds

Nice chapter. However decide if you want to write in second or third next time.

gohomepls likes this.
  30. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

his

At least I think this one can be argued to be the only incorrect one, as the others were more of a general "you".

Zucr13Ranu likes this.