1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

I thought it was about Grayven demonstrating those virtues. Just proving that he has a memory of having had that virtue at least once upon a time seems far too easy and also relatively meaningless.

Vaermina, DrThoth and Vorian like this.
  2. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

That would be quite funny.

3. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

So on the subject of how Luna views her subjects . . . I'd assume she's a little more old fashioned after missing 1000 years of social and political development.

[​IMG]

4. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Eh, it's Equestria, this is really par for the course as far as I've seen on the show

RichardWhereat and DrThoth like this.
  5. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I do agree that Luna's journey seems a bit rushed, but I think the main problem is that it's a bit too derivative of when Renegade had to regain the exact same emotional drives after first receiving the Anti-Life fragment. While I do enjoy the vision quests (the Trial of Black Adam remains one of my favorite scenes in the entire fic), you can't help comparing the two, and Luna's does seem lacking when considering the Renegade's more drawn out emotional journey. There's definitely a poetic logic to requiring both the Emotional Spectrum and the Elements of Harmony to deal with the Anti-Life Tantabus, but it's a bit hard to appreciate when the pace is so fast.

I do appreciate him explaining the reasoning for getting Laughter though; it seemed a bit too simple and quick when he got it at the end of last chapter, and I forgot some parts of the context for that scene.

6. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

The "Infinite Loops" canon has Gilda being the Element of Brutal Honesty. It works.

dogbertcarroll and Cuchulin like this.
  7. Albert Scoot

Albert Scoot Not too sore, are you?

I mean Luna was able to use half of the Elements before. This is just her remembering what she used to be like.

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

No he didn't lie about his age, he immidiately told everyone about it the first time it came up after Wonder Woman found out he's regularly parcitpating in Japanese orgies.

Though at that point he had already been lying about the various villains he assimilated.

I've been assuming that he looks pretty much exactly like comic grayven, but with thr face of the si from the fanart on the first page.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Darko, RichardWhereat and Ardy like this.
  9. desolatedsabers

desolatedsabers Know what you're doing yet?

Guy looks like a less bulky darkseid with long black hair, you don't even really have to change the face either. also, grayven has taken on pretty much the entire personality of original grayven, so him being a complete cunt is actually very much in character for the guy he took over.

Darko and RichardWhereat like this.
  10. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

And still you killed her. Monster.

11. Threadmarks: Equestrian Girls (part 17)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Making progress with
    no significant resistance

We look around a half-starved huddle of ponies, who shrink back as we look at them.

"Who..?"

"Discord's victims. They come from all parts of the world, speak all manner of languages, practise all manner of customs… He frequently broke up families or changed parts of the ponies' memories and bodies for his own amusement."

I watch one pony fire a chameleon tongue at a fly, wincing as she tastes it and trying not to gag. Another has teeth like a shark and doesn't appear to have eaten in some time. A third is making clucking noises, and I have no idea whether they're a chicken physically transformed into a pony or if Discord just rewired their vocal system. Or a pony given a chicken's mentality.

"And after he had his entertainment, he paid no care to whether or not they could survive as he remade them, or in the land to which they had been brought."

I nod. "No concept of supply chains. You were all just there for his entertainment." I frown. "I'm a little surprised that you're not getting the red sigil from this."

She shakes her head sadly. "Have We not done the same? Eternal night would have frozen the world, or frozen one half and scorched the other. We cannot hold another to a higher standard than We hold Ourself. But when We acted against him We were guided by compassion for Our citizens."

An indigo flare, and another sigil.

"Oh, these poor dears."

A mare wearing a crown of roses nuzzles a cyclops pony, who looks slightly happier.

"That Discord deserves what's coming to him."

I look at Luna in concern, but she shakes her head.

"You do not need to convince Us. We were one of those who administered judgement 'pon him."

"Were you really?" The mare comes a little closer, and I see that the rose stems are covered in thorns which are biting into her skin. "Do you think he suffered a lot while he was a statue? Do you think it was more or less than you did on the moon?"

"More, probably. And for longer."

The mare smiles. "And when you shot him with the Elements of Harmony? Did that hurt him more?"

"Why do you wish to know?"

"Oh, I just love helping ponies who are hurt. But I can only do that if there are hurt ponies around."

Luna considers that for a moment.

"What is your name?"

"Twisted Caretaker."

"And are you truly alive?"

"Of course! I'm getting a one sixth share of your body when we win. I wanna be there for Celestia, you know? It must be horrible for her to spend all that time trying to get you back only to lose you again right away."

"Avarice and rage, Luna. There's nothing to be-."

"You were the one who revealed to Us that the copies of Pinkie Pie were intelligent beings. We did not intend for the Tantabus to have such mental flexibility but clearly it does. Why would you have Us treat this creature differently?"

"Time constraints. If the Elements of Harmony hadn't been available, would you rather Celestia let Nightmare Moon win, or kill her?"

Luna's eyes dip. "She should have killed Us."

"Right. So either we're going about this the right way and they'll be.. purified or whatever, or they'll die and the monster we made won't get freed. So pick-."

She flaps her wings, the air buckles, and we fly through the air and land on a balcony of the Canterlot palace. Luna stalks off.

"We will show you what we want most of all."

I trot along behind her, letting her get a little ahead.

"Yes, yes, good."

I'm a little lost for a moment, but then I recognise where we are. I came through the mirror not far from-.

A phantasm of me steps out of an adjoining corridor-.

"HAVE AT THEE!"

Luna tears an ornamental spear from the wall and lunges at 'me', stabbing and slashing as the phantasm is forced to back up, clumsily trying to turn aside the point with his forehooves.

"WE FINALLY FACED AN ENEMY WE COULD ENGAGE WITH OUR OWN POWER AND WE WERE CRUELLY DENIED OUR RELEASE! BUT HERE IN OUR DREAM WE SHALL NOT BE-"

She rams the spear forward, piercing the phantasm through the chest and out through the haunches. She steps back as he weakly grasps at the spear shaft before collapsing on the ground.

"-DENIED!"

She takes a couple of panting breaths and then turns to give me an interrogative stare.

"Might be standing proud-"

"Ugh."

"-again."

She glares. "Even if We felt inclined to such behaviour, yours would be the last 'proud standing' that We would touch."

I smile saucily. "But you would get there eventually?"

She huffs. "Why do you insist on this behaviour?"

"Because you've still got anger to go." I look at her peytral. "And.. apparently I'm not making you angry enough."

"You are-." She exhales sharply. "A most vexing-"

"Hey, maybe you actually like it?"

"-individual."

Still no? Huh.

"Okay, so what makes you really angry?"

She hesitates for a moment, then regains her poise.

"What makes you afraid to be honest, Grayven? Thou hast not hesitated to speak of thine manifold acts of violence before. Is there some great shame that thou fears that thou must confess to gain Honesty's blessing? Art thou not proud but rather shrivelled in the manner of a raisin or prune?"

Damn, pony!

"Okay, not even joking now, but are you single? Because I like mares with courage and aggression, and you-."

The floor drops out beneath us and we plummet into the void!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  12. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "Use" to "Us".

13. Korfayron

Korfayron Making the rounds.

I hope that Honesty is when Grayven says his name.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh Luna you sassy minx you

15. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Oh, I'm sure Grayven would give you release if you asked nicely.

16. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Coitus interruptus by trapdoor into the void.

I am really curious what you have chosen for Honesty and Anger, Zoat.

Both are avoding it pretty clumsily.

My guess: Grayven not being Grayven, undermining his very being and Luna still being pissed off at ponies for ingoring her night, but afraid of giving into that rage.

17. Korfayron

Korfayron Making the rounds.

Do you know what chapter that is from actually? I'm looking for that segment of the story but there is just so much of it.

18. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

One would have to assume that Nightmare Moon found a way to make eternal night work given that we were eventually shown a timeline where she won and the world wasn't frozen over or otherwise destroyed.

19. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Asked nicely? Or demanded forthrightly?

20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

21. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Near the end of the section where he gets kidnapped by alternate universe batman

ChestBurster and RichardWhereat like this.
  22. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Which should be tripping all your alarms. I know it's a dream-world, but it should not be this easy, unless something is very wrong.

Which makes his redemption all the odder, given his crimes. Unless they left him conscious while stoned, so that he was monumentally bored...

The fun of a godlike being with childish taste in entertainment.

And I doubt the Elements of Harmony would have responded so well to Rage...

Oh, boy, another mouthpiece.

But of course it'll argue against it.

To be honest, Discord would have found being locked in stone pure torture, stuck seeing the same vista day after day, in almost unchanging stasis.

Yeah, there's a word for that. And it's not a nice one.

How appropriate.

She's so confident she'll succeed and they'll fail. What aren't they seeing?

She's got a point. Or would you like to be the hyprocritical one today, Grayven?

Daaaang... The Exile had deeper effects than she's shown, eh?

Oh, boy, these two Lights are going to push Luna into dark places, aren't they?

Focus, Grayven, ignore the plot ahead of you.

Ah, that's what she wanted, eh? A real fight.

Oh, my. Phrasing, Luna. I understand you're frustrated...

Not quite the penetration either of them really needed, was it?

Curb your libido, pony-boy. Not the time.

Given the rumours Grayven was spreading, I bet she'll have plenty of volunteers, too.

Because he's a horny brony. And he's living the dream...

Vexing is not angry. Try Righteous Anger, perhaps aimed at the Anti-Life Equation?

Boy, she is clamped tight. Of course, we all know why...

And she does not want to talk about it...

Ha! Insulting his manhood, his honour and his ego all in one sentence! Now that's a princess. I doubt it's making Grayven any less interested though. :V

Ah, looks like the bad guy is tired of all the flirting, and is throwing them into bed together... Or just wants them to stop arguing and die.

Seriously, Just how frustrated must Luna be these days? I doubt she has Stallions lining up to woo her. The only one who wasn't scared of her was underage...

Correction:
    It must be horrible for her...

23. Bigking321

Bigking321 Not too sore, are you?

This would be so amazing. I know it's not likely at all but the sheer chaos would be fantastic.

Sunset would lose her mind... along with everyone else I suppose.

24. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Stars, crossed I won't find the specific part cause I got places to be sorry.

Korfayron likes this.
  25. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

You mean this part?

26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

That's the one.

On another note if grayven tells luna and the anti-life overhears then Darkseid learns that Grayven is actually paul...
    That'll end well

27. Bigreader

Bigreader Doom. Boom!

I kind of wondered this for a while if Renegade Paul ever admitted his identity and took it up again what would happen to his mantle as a new god.

right now he's been mantling a new God of conquest Graven. so what happens if he stops being Graven does he become Paul God of conquest or does he become Paul God of something or other

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  28. Ph34r_n0_3V1L

Ph34r_n0_3V1L The Best Monkey

Isn't the story he's been telling everyone is that he was Grayven, who travelled through the Bleed to escape from Darkseid's dominion/find somewhere he could conquer and be sole Power, became Paul in our magicless Earth, then somehow ended back up in DC-verse where his memories came back? So him saying he's Paul would make sense since he'd just lived 20+ years as Paul and it feels more real than his short time as Grayven reborn.

29. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well, she probably stole the sun away from Celestia and made it invisible or something. Alternatively, the sun is always behind the moon so there is enough heat to not kill everything.

Third option, magic bullshit.

30. Gforce1000

Gforce1000 Jibbering, Jabbering

Right, but no matter how you slice it the idea that her bringing about eternal night would kill everyone is simply false. It doesn't matter how she resolves the issue, only that she did, in fact, resolve it.

Wild Transient likes this.