1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Man...there you go, making it all weird.

I tells ya....there is one in every group.

2. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Only one? nah i figure here on the webs we weirdo's are by far the majority. So really, you normies make every conversation weird :p.

Really though, i am weird for figuring every alien race would have it's own idea for what an abduction would entail. She seemed so innocent that i imagine the whole species only gets as dirty as a belly button.

I am slightly confused. Is Paul in a different time or only somewhere else in space? Sheeda travel confuddles me.

3. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  4. Threadmarks: Cold Iron (supplementary, Renegade option)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

26th June 2012
    14:21 GMT -7

Luna smiles when she sees PCP, goes on smiling when she sees me, and continues smiling with slight strain when she sees Artemis. She slides her paperwork aside with thaumokinesis while getting off her seat and walking around her desk to greet us.

"Grayven, it pleases Us greatly to greet you 'pon this eve."

Oh dear. I'm still not good at pony body language, but if she's doubling down on the archaic speech then she's really unhappy. Quick check. Tail… As down as her tail gets, given its propensity for billowing in ethereal winds. Ears… The left one is reasonably upright, but the right has twitched three times since we entered the room.

O… Kay. While I have explained what happened in the Land of Summer's End, this is the first time that she's actually seen-.

Artemis takes a step forward. "Are you okay?"

"Yes!" Ear twitch. "We are fine." Another ear twitch, and she turns to Pinkie. "Pinkie Pie, there are matters We must discuss with Grayven and Artemis."

"Uh-huh."

PCP smiles at her, perhaps waiting for something actionable. No one ever accused Pinkie Pie of being able to take a hint.

"In private. Without-…" Ear flick and a reconsider. "It would help Us immensely if thou wouldst guard our antechamber against interlopers."

Pinkie sits ramrod straight and salutes. "You can count on me, Princess!"

She turns and trots up to me.

"Either Princess Luna learned Pinkie Sense, or she's really not okay. And if she's learned Pinkie Sense then it's either going to rain toadstools next Wednesday or we're about to be invaded by giant grapefruit."

"And how would toadstools even get into the air?"

She nods. "I'll find the grapefruit knives, you calm Luna down."

"Got it."

She nods, winks, then prances out of the door and shuts it behind her. Luna gives her a moment, then the door frame shimmers in the colour of her magic. Some sort of locking and sound deadening spell, presumably. The mare herself fidgets in place for a moment, then darts towards me and kisses me.

I blink in surprise as I.. try and work out how to better manipulate pony lips. Artemis.. looks away, tossing her tail awkwardly.

I swear, Lantern Grayven, if I have to give you relationship counselling-.

That won't be necessary, Sinestro.

"We think-" Luna prances in place. "-that we-."

I generate construct body cushions, pick Luna up and carry her over to them before depositing her upon them and laying down next to her, my barrel resting against hers. I nod my head at her opposite side and Artemis carefully walks around and lays down next to her.

Luna… Appears to calm down slightly, her head slightly bowed.

"Then… You wish to form a herd?"

Artemis sticks her head up over her. "Ah… What?"

"It is a somewhat dated practice, wherein a marital group would be formed with several mares sharing a stallion. It was only common during periods of warfare, when disabling or fatal injuries were more common amongst the fighting stallions, but it still occurs in modern Equestia and… We suppose that it is better than the other tradition that could apply."

"Okay, first off, I already have a boyfriend."

"That is not without precedent-."

"Secondly, Grayven and I are not seeing each other. We're friends. Good friends who spent a lot of time together."

Luna gives her head a shake, then turns it slightly so she can look at Artemis.

"You are..? But you were-? Grayven hath told Us that neither of you feel right when you are apart."

"Ah…"

I… Just about manage to stretch a wing over Luna's back. "Put it this way. Twilight and the other five are pretty close, right?"

"That is not-."

"Right?"

She ducks her head slightly. "They.. are."

"And they've been on numerous adventures, testing their capacities against the worst the world can throw at them. Right?"

"That is.. so."

"And none of them are romantically involved with any of the others. Are they?"

"None of them are-."

"Are they?"

Luna stays quiet for a moment.

"They are.. not."

"Luna." I nuzzle the top of her head. "I'm going to have female friends, and you're going to have male ones. That doesn't necessarily mean that either of us are planning on expanding our 'paramour cluster'."

Artemis lifts her head so that she can make eye contact over Luna, and mouths 'necessarily?' at me.

"But.. your.. magics are attuned to one another."

"And yours aren't attuned to anyone else?"

"No. Well. We.. are naturally attuned to the magics of Our sister, as we regulate the cycle of day and night."

I widen my eyes. "Gosh. Dare I ask-?"

"We are not-!" She jerks her head away and tries to flutter her wings, but with Artemis and I surrounding her they can't really move. "Involved with our sister!"

"Glad to hear it. I'm also not involved with Artemis. Despite how our magics complement each other, and despite the amount of time we've spent together."

Luna droops slightly. "Ah."

I try to lower myself to show support, but I'm too big to really lower so I just dismiss the cushions underneath me.

"Feeling any better?"

"No. I have behaved like a fool."

"You've behaved like someone who doesn't have a lot of social contacts and was dreadfully afraid of losing one of the few that she does have." Maybe I should have done something about that first? I assumed that the importance of special talents and cutie marks made the job-role more important, but… That could be wrong. I'm trying to help one person here, not learn the fundamental truths of pony psychology. "So I had an idea. I think you should widen your circle of friends in such a way that it doesn't overlap with my circle of friends, because in your mind anything that threatens your relationship with me threatens everything."

"What.. do you have in mind?"

"My colleague Circe is having a bit of a get-together for powerful magic users who are out of the loop on modern thaumaturgy. It's not really my scene, but I thought that perhaps you and Twilight Sparkle might like to attend. Most ancient mages tend to end up a bit cut off from the modern era too; you may have something in common."

Luna raises her head.

"You wish for Us to get out of the castle and make some friends?"

"Yeah, I… Guess I… Do. It… Looks like the Elements of Harmony hit me harder than I thought?"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  5. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

I'm glad to get some clarification on that! It had been bugging me since the kiss thing.

6. Chirox

Chirox Getting out there.

Link to Fimfiction? That one's staying blue.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'greet us'

maybe add 'were common' at the end there'

'friends'

Wouldn't be the first time you fucked two sisters at the same time.

8. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Blue?!? You're not using darkmode?!? You... you monster!!

I read this as THUMBokinesis. But that works as well.
    This landed really well with me. Caught me off-guard and I laughed out loud.

9. RichardWhereat

I'm not either. Using Blackened for the orange links, since it's thematic with WTR.

10. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Thinking back on it, I'd have expected him to miss Lynne a lot more, since she literally shares a soul with him to an extent and he felt the metaphysical rightness of her being with him when they first reunited (though I suppose that connection isn't an absolute thing and thankfully so, given his Anti-Life exposure).

Also thinking about kisses that ultimately didn't go anywhere, any plans for Kaldur to get a romantic interest? His season 3 canon partner Wyynde would integrate into the plot fairly seamlessly (though if Canis gets a de-Apokaliptizing character arc, that would still be my number one choice; I know you previously cited the morality difference as a reason they wouldn't be a thing). I enjoy the Atlantis politics storylines a fair amount, so it could also be a fun personal angle to see him getting involved with a Venturian somehow (and a nice parallel to the potential romance between Clea and his birth father, even though I'm mainly thinking about the Paragon-timeline Kaldur here).

11. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Oh please... None of us actually buy that...

12. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Eh. Grayven's been called worse, I'm sure.

I'm kinda wondering if there's a pony called "Angel Dust" for some unspecified reason.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Are you hoping that there's a version of the SI that ended up in the Hazbin Hotel universe?

Because I am.

14. RichardWhereat

As an Angel?

15. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I wouldn't be surprised to find she's very glad for the interruption to the dreadful grind of paperwork. Though it appears she's feeling just a bit worried about a certain ship...

I would honestly not be surprised to find the room temperature dropped a couple of degrees, too.

Ah... The Princess is feeling a little romantically threatened. I expect Grayven to set her, and therefore us, straight.

Not buying a word of it. Thus she ignores the unspoken 'privately'.

Ah, has she been talking to Twilight about how to handle Pinkies? Because that sounds just a bit Twilight-ish.

Thank you, Pinkie, for those peculiar mental images. But... Who says Luna's Sense has the same signals as Pinkie's, eh? :cool: Perhaps you should think on that, Pinkemina?

Yeah, guess which job is going to be easier... Thanks ever so much, Pinkie. :rolleyes:

Oh, yes, she's nervous. You should not feel fearful when kissing a romantic partner... Not unless you have a very, very strange relationship...

Yay, Ringnestro speaks! I was getting worried about him. And you can just tell Artemis really wants to be anywhere else right now, eh?

No time to waste, Grayven, sweep that mare off her hooves and snuggle her fear into nothingness!

...That works, but Artemis' involvement... Really sending some odd messages.

Boy, someone's grabbed the wrong end of the stick here...

Given the apparent male-female ratio seen onscreen, especially in Ponyville, I'm not surprised it's common. Though I expect it takes a certain kind of stallion to handle it... :D Lots of stamina, if nothing else.

Oh-ho-ho my. :oops:

Nice to have it said straight out, even if Luna clearly finds that hard to believe.

Oooh, good analogy there! I mean, outside of fandom shipping, has there been any real hints of romance amongst the Mane Six? ...No, no need to answer that with wiki links, please...

Like sisters, naturally. Best friends. Heterosexual life partners. Nakama, if you'll pardon the gratuitous Japanese trope.

...What season is this taking place during, again? They've saved the world, what, three or four times outright by now?

I suppose Luna would be well placed to know, given her access to people's dreamscapes. A little peeking on those deep fantasies would make that clear.

Yes or no, Luna. No 'well, there are some feelings deep down...'

There. :rolleyes: Was that so hard to admit?

Hey, don't rule things out in future, Arty. Who knows what might happen centuries down the line?

Like, say, a certain sun-butted Princess?

Well, that's one way to make her forget her fears. Might be a bit hard on your skull, though.

And there we have it, plain and simple. No romance at all. Just two buddies conquering the entirety of future Earth.

One of the downsides of 'huge guy, tiny girl', eh? Still, there are other benefits, which you might get to indulge if or when she finally agrees to try human form.

Hey, everyone needs to be a little foolish sometime. If nothing else, you get to bring yourself back down to earth. Just laugh at it with your friends, and move on. :p Do expect a little ribbing now and again down the line.

Yes. Everyone needs some friends who they don't have in common with a partner. If only so you can have someone to bitch to about said partner's latest bone-headed stupidity, or commiserate over an argument. Someone who can provide advice with a clear head, or smack you upside the ear and tell you when you're being stupid in love.

Hopefully a chance to meet up with the Renegade-verse's Doctor Mist, amongst others. And who knows, maybe she'll find a pen-pal or something.

<raises hand, mouth open...> :confused: Huh...

:V Well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Good to have that little bit of relationship mystery cleared up once and for all. And a fun chance to tease Luna about her own shipping prospects. I bet there's in-universe fans of the royal sisters who insist they're clearly perfect for each others, and that this 'Grayven' stallion is intruding on pure sisterly romance. :D You just know there are...

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

More of a serpent demon to be honest.

Or whatever ring color he gets and the Entity that's associated with it.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Asking an expert is a wise decision.

Seeing as he's been on the side of good and she on the side of evil basically, that may not be true.

There's also his whole non interference thing, which may be something he holds onto a bit more strongly in the renegade side.

Though I could be wrong.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ohh, that can end very, very badly.

19. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    True, but they weren't seeing each other first.
    Wyynde was not seamlessly integrated. Kaldur was barely in series 3, and my response to Wyynde was 'who are you, character we've never seen before? Are you significant in some way?'
    I haven't watched it, so it's pretty unlikely. On other other hand, Oh! My Goddess! crossover likelihood is now at 2%!

20. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature Not too sore, are you?

The most universal form of telekinesis.

"With the power of my mind, I can even manipulate... the location of my digits! Look!!" wiggles thumbs

21. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I’m imagining it as pony snowflame. She spreads false happiness with her magic by brainwashing people to always be happy or something. Maybe an evil version of pinkie pie.

Otto von Saurion and Darko like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

I don't think that ponies have a concept of 'angels'.

[​IMG]

23. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Well Lyne is his daughter but also her own person and... Yeah

Relyt33 likes this.
  24. Pez

Pez Spaceman

And the heavens weeped, fore all their dreams have been shattered. Their god, the Almighty Zoat, had forsaken them, and friendzoned the two best characters.

I'm sure the stock markets of the world collapsed a bit with this chapter.

25. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'd be more interested in how Sinestro knows how to intimate relationships with ponys.

Otto von Saurion, Ardy and Relyt33 like this.
  26. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

How naive he is to think the Pinkies don’t swap about between scenes just to mess with people.

Only 643 stories in that group. Somehow I expected more.

No, you have simply been a benevolent ruler long enough to learn the same lessons as Celestia.

27. Mr Zoat

Sinestro was a veteran Lantern. You think every species in the galaxy is humanoid?

[​IMG]

28. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

No apostrophe

male ones

29. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

30. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

All true, and far be it for me to defend the writing of season 3. I think what I meant was you have the option to introduce and integrate Wyynde into your narrative far more easily than other aspects of season 3 canon, because nothing you've done so far contradicts his existence.