1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I can't be completely sure about this as I don't know what country you're from, but I strongly suspect that it was more along the lines of the middle class wanting to be more powerful rather than a concerned campaign against powerful groups favouring themselves.

In Clea's case she isn't simply passing the throne onto her closest relative. Venturian monarchs designate their heir. Cyprian has been extensively vetted and tested.
    Yes, but you're a prole, so who cares?

2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

It certainly began like that, but I think in the end it became more a case of airing old grievances.

With a guillotine.

Admittedly I should reformulate that: this is why getting rid of rulers that are above the law was and is a good idea

Oh, wow, how reassuring for the average citizen.

[/QUOTE]

Until the unrest begins: no one. And then rulers suddenly are very quick to make up for lost time :p

Vorian and Xmaster3000 like this.
  3. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Chojin Patriarch and Xmaster3000 like this.
  4. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Doesn't really fix it, no. You need some qualifier. "The Member of Parliament" isn't better than "the member of Parliament".

m_d likes this.
  5. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

There is nothing wrong with that since by Apokolips laws, he is indeed the ruler of the planet.

If he does it in a more subtle way, well he is making an army to defend his planet isn't he? He is also looking for a bride in Princess Luna.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Xmaster3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Threadmarks: Liberticide (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

21st January 2006
    09:58 GMT -5

Komand'r beams at me through my communicator.

"And don't forget to say 'hi' to everyone for me! I can't wait to see them all again when I get back!"

And an uncertain dread begins to creep into my chest where my heart used to be.

"I certainly won't, darling."

Okay, I'm in public and she knows I'm in public. If that doesn't get a response-.

She beams wider, breathing in and clutching her hands to her chest. Then she mimes pulling her heart out of her chest, kissing it and then blowing it to me.

I mime catching it and then pressing it into my own chest. And now I'm genuinely worried. Setting Vega on fire didn't magically resurrect all of the dead Tamaranean doctors, and the only people who really knew anything about their physiology were the psions. They're no longer in a position to provide me with information. I mean, it's not impossible that we missed a data store somewhere, but Red Lanterns are generally pretty thorough.

Or rather, indiscriminate.

"I'll see you this evening."

I cut the connection and accelerate towards the giant 'T' of the Titan's tower. Perhaps surprisingly given the crisis that we just went through it's still in one piece, but I don't really get 'surprised' by this sort of nonsense anymore. Goodness, how many times in the last few years has it been wrecked one week and been fully repaired by the next? I guess one of those Wayne Enterprises warehouses is filled with spare Tower sections, so they can just slot them in when the old ones are destroyed.

I suppose it keeps money in circulation.

Maybe Komand'r's possessed? Miss Roth should be able to identify that with relative ease, and then it shouldn't be hard to exorcise. And what's the chance of her encountering a Tamaranean disease in Jump City that her sister hasn't caught? No, no, it'll be fine.

I land in front of the tower's main entrance and press the button to request access. While I doubt that Mr. Logan will be awake yet, and Mr. Stone is a coin toss, the other three are probably awake. And we should be on good enough terms that they'll at least talk to me.

Mr. Grayson's face appears on the screen.

"Hello? What do you want?"

"I have some information I should probably pass on concerning recent events. And… I… May need your help with something. May I come in?"

"Sure." The doors slide open, granting me access to the tower's antechamber. "Should I call in the team?"

"That won't be necessary. If I could just speak to yourself, Miss Roth and Koriand'r?"

"I'll let them know you're here."

"Thank you."

The screen goes black and I walk inside. I've been here a few times before, and it… Doesn't look like they've remodelled too much. Same clean lines and airy spaces. Dread to think what it costs to heat it, or if it's not much why they don't share the technology.

Mr. Grayson is waiting for me in the lounge, looking completely alert.

"Red Lantern. Raven should be here in a minute."

I nod. "Thank you. Though I'll let you know that as a result of events last week I've been promoted to Senior Lantern. And… It's fine if you use my name. I think we know each other well enough."

He raises his left eyebrow.

"Do you.. have a name?"

Huh?

"Of course I have a name. Did you think I was born with a power ring?"

"No, I guess not. So what-?"

An interior door opens and Miss Roth walks in, a mug of coffee floating along behind her. Her eyes narrow slightly as she looks at me.

"How are you still alive?"

"I understand that we have you and the magic of friendship to thank for that."

"I only resurrected the people Trigon killed. You tore your own heart out of your chest and smashed it into your Lantern. I'm pretty sure you should be dead."

"Blood magic."

She nods. "How.. does that work?"

"Lord Atrocitus uses blood magic to make our rings. Mine now pushes blood around my body. I don't need a heart any more."

She frowns. "What happens if you get distracted? Your constructs usually stop working when you stop being angry."

"I don't have that problem anymore. I got in touch with my rage and hate in a… Profound way." I hold out my right hand and generate a bit construct, switching it between its two states a handful of times before dismissing it.

"Huh. So what did you wanna talk about?"

"Komand'r and I are leaving Jump City. Long term this time. I originally came here because a seer of my acquaintance claimed that you were going to destroy the world, and since that's already happened I.. don't need to be here anymore."

She narrows her eyes at me. "You were supposed to stop Trigon."

"I was supposed to kill you."

Mr. Grayson's eye holes widen. "What?"

Miss Roth's face relaxes, and she nods slowly. "That would probably have worked. Why didn't you?"

"You're a good person. I couldn't think of anything you'd willingly do that could cause an apocalypse, and I wouldn't kill you for something someone else did." I shrug. "You'd have trouble finding demon cultists in North America anymore. They seem to… Have fallen down some stairs."

She risks a small smile. "All of them?"

"They were slippery stairs. I'd have done something about Slade if I'd known what was going on there." I shrug again. "But I imagine that Trigon could have used someone else. And if I had killed you, he'd just have sired a new child somewhere else. It's probably better this way."

She nods, a degree of animation returning to her face.

"Still a risk, though."

"You're worth it."

She regards me thoughtfully. "Why are you being nice about this?"

"Mostly because I'm not having to remind myself of all the ways you and yours irritate me in order to use my ring. It's a much more relaxing way to exist."

"Because you don't have a heart."

"Komand'r finds it weirder than I do. Which… Brings me to the other reason why I'm here." I half-turn to face Richard. "Komand'r has been acting… Strangely."

Miss Roth raises her eyebrows. "What, has she started being nice to people or something?"

"Yes, and it's weird. I'm worried-." Koriand'r flies out of the elevator. "Koriand'r, do you know of a disease that makes Tamaraneans change personality radically?"

"Ah?" She raises her right forefinger to her lips. "There are several things that could do that. Does Blackfire have any other symptoms?"

"She tried to toast some bread with her plasma vision this morning and accidentally froze it instead."

Koriand'r stares at me for a second, and then her face lights up in an expression of pure joy! "Oh that is wondrous news! I will now go to bake the niffka cakes and prepare the funny hats!"

"Okay, thank you, but what does it mean in English?"

"Blackfire is pregnant!"

7. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Heheheheheheheh. Good for them!

8. Taisei

Taisei Unsung Supporting Character

And yet again red lantern Paul proves to be the best version of himself.

9. Hotcoco

Hotcoco Making the rounds.

So I am just going to say I have caught up form this story from the story archive thread, and I am just going to say it was a very very long read and now that I am all caught up I can safely say that this story is one of my favorites

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That does not sound even one bit reassuring coming from the mouth of DC's Bitch Queen Supreme.

'pulling'

If it's schizo tech then I'm betting it may require a lot of maintenance or the material to make it isn't abundant enough, so it can't be mass produced.

Well you did kinda come into this universe with a ring, so yeah.

Also im getting a feeling that these versions may be a copy of the Prime Earth version and that's why they can't say or think the name Paul.

They're technically not Prime Earth Paul, they're just copies with his memories.

And if you couldn't say your name and didn't spend much time with the Titans then there's no reason for them to know it.

'Komand'r's been'

Of course she finds it weirder than you.

You're a Paul.

What you find perfectly reasonable, others find weird as shit.

Congrats Red Daddy.

That kid is going to be so screwed up, what with growing up with a red ring version of Paul and Komand'r.

And another Paul gets enlightenment.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Common Sense Paul shall always be Best Paul.

12. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

sooooo.....it would be half human half tamaranean?

13. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Is a hybrid between a human and a Tamaranean possible?

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yep.

In one universe Dick and Kori had a kid named Mar'i Grayson.

15. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

A.K.A. Nightstar who looks a lot like her aunt.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

But fortunately for everyone, lacks her personality.

17. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

It's apparently a lot easier to reach enlightenment when incredibly powerful spiritual entities are involved, judging from Paul!ragon and Red Daddy.

That's not really a surprise, though

18. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

The faint hint of gamma radiation makes it spicy!

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe, though it may prove to also be very, very dangerous.

Before Paul got enlightened he had the Ophidian running around inside of him and he was lucky that she didn't turn everyone into constructs.

I'm dreading to think what the Butcher would have done.

20. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, Raul. may your endless frustrated rage at being stuck in a kid's show never wane. That's a fair crack along since the last sighting too, what's been happening, I wonder?

...There's a thing in Worm that would be useful here: Master/Stranger protocols - confinement due to out-of-character behaviour. Should we be invoking that now?

The normal response should either be embarrassment and sideways glances... Or her image jumping out and trying to bite your head off (ineffectually...)

...Oh hell, is this some Tamaranean puberty thing? Is she going to be exhibiting all manner of odd physical quirks for the next while?

Hmm... How 'on fire' is Vega? Could it be more on fire? Because the general quality of the races there tends to deserve it... Barring the occasional 'nice' peoples like the Tamaraneans...

Hopefully you can find out whether you'll need the straitjacket... Or the power nullifier chains...

For all we know, some genius somewhere perfected repair ray-guns that literally reverse temporal flow for inanimate objects, restoring them to perfect condition... And then patented, mass-produced and sold them, then retired somewhere tropical on the proceeds. x3:V

To be fair, Tamaranean diseases are at least polite about their lack of jumping species lines. Can you imagine what some of them could to do Humans? ;) Besides giving temporary superpowers...

There's a step up from prior events, at least. They're at least willing to welcome him into the tower... Grudgingly.

Politeness, the last thing anyone would expect from a Red Lantern... :confused: Say, are those coloured Quotation marks new? What's been happening?

And look at that. Not a single punch needed to be thrown. Progress! I suspect it's a step up from most supervillain visits.

I agree with Darko, it's probably schizo-tech. Probably some refinement of Captain Cold's Cold Gun, with an inversion effect applied. Or maybe Raven has a magic spell to keep it comfortable.. for normal people.

Exercising her goddess-given female right to take her time? :V I mean, it can't take that long to pick out a leotard and cape...

Umm, Raul, have you ever told them your name, or attempted to? Or is this going to be a chance to use that Robin social link to get an official version, like OL did?

Well... Technically, you didn't exist before you arrived, ring on finger (and napalm in your blood...) Man, that must have been an exciting morning.

Well, we can guess how much of a morning person she is, can't we?

...Dayum. Okay, that would have been an amazing episode to read. But... Putting your heart in your lantern? That sounds like basic training for a Red Lantern...

...That has some pretty significant drawbacks. What if you run out of Ring Charge? What if your anger gets nullified (Okay, Enlightenment would prevent that, but still...)

So, much like the Policeman in Renegade's timeline, or Dr. Banner, you're always angry? :p I suppose it makes you a lot more mellow, at least.

The whole Trigon event played out, eh? Wonder how big a part he played, beyond rage-punching Ol' Four-eyes in the nose a lot? Wonder if Raven's wearing the White outfit or not...

Hello! I'm guessing he decided 'Fuck Destiny' was the better option, clearly. And being outside Destiny's Book as he is, I have no doubt he had no difficulties.

Boy, she's just as mellow as he is, it seems. Then again, she was always expecting to die anyway, wasn't she?

That must have taken a while. Especially the ones living in single-story houses. :sneaky:

Yeah, Trigon does tend to take the long view of matters. :oops: There's always a lady down to bone the Devil somewhere.

And that says a lot about the way things played out, and Raul's character. Sure, he could have killed her and delayed the apocalypse another generation. But he doesn't kill innocents.

Ha! He really is more mellow. :confused: I wonder if a Paul who landed in 'Teen Titans Go!' would have gained Enlightenment in the first week just from that...

:rolleyes: "Define 'strangely'." After all, TT Tamaraneans are weird. I mean, yes, we know she's acting oddly, but I could see them offering that response.

There are probably three or four at least. Hopefully it's not contagious.

...What. Just... What. Are you sure she hasn't been replaced by a Bizarro?

... :confused: ... x3 Congratulations, Raul. ;) You might want to invest in Promethium toys for the baby, it or they are likely to have some terrifying tantrums...

Well, that's a surprise. I mean, it's not like they haven't been chaste or anything, so nature took its course. How can they have a child together? Blame the White Light Entity! At any rate, Raul is gonna have some thinking to do, it seems. Mostly on whether he'll be a good father, that kind of thing, most likely.

Mr. Grayson is waiting for me in the lounge, looking completely alert.

21. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

If Raúl cleaned house in Vega does that mean that the red lantern core has encountered the big orange?

22. Mr Zoat

Not really.

[​IMG]

Thank you, corrected.
    No, he was content to leave Larfleeze to his cave.

23. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

Humans and tamera are capable of breeding together see nightstar Nightwing and Starfires daughter. Humans are the dittos of the dc verse and can breed with just about everything. Also

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Nope, she already went through it.

When Kori was going through her puberty she mentioned her sister turned purple during hers.

This was probably before she betrayed her people and sold her sister.

Given Komand'r's personality, even if her personality hasn't suddenly changed, it might be a good idea to have those things near you.

He's technically not a supervillain.

Anti-hero or anti-villain is I think a more accurate description.

Or it adjusts itself to what a person views to be comfortable.

Nope.

I doubt it.

Paragon and Robin were friendly at least, these two, not so much.

I think he'll have the Butcher running around and be too angry to focus on enlightenment.

And Komand'r is a nutcase.

And potentially if he and Komand'r, a red lantern and borderline sociopath Tamaranean, should raise him alone, at all, or ask for help from someone so they can prevent him from becoming a potential warmonger.

Auntie Kori anyone.

Assuming Komand'r let's her near the kid.

ChestBurster, anirocks, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  25. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

And then the shock of the knews disrupted his heart construct and he keeled over instantly dead

Red Paul as a Dad: I'm not disappointed. Just angry. Very, very angfry. All the time!

Also: I suppose it keeps money in circulation.

That's the Broken Window Fallacy, right?

26. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Welcome aboard!

Ardy likes this.
  27. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

With news like this it better not be another year in between segments for this...

Also still my favorite Paul.

DeAnno and SemiAnarchist like this.
  28. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

I think the hair color makes her look much more like Kom than Kori.

Very sensible as expected.

Ardy, Wheenesss and Lord Ernest like this.
  29. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

That should be 'Tamaranean'.

30. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

Actually there is evidence for it with mycenaen Greece back when poseidon was also a cthonic god. Back then gods of death were held as being more important with many of the major ones like Pan Hermos, Dionysus, Demeter/Persephone all at the time being major gods and psychopomps. There is additional evidence that like pan and hermes poseidon and hades were once the same god with the predecessor to persephone/demeter being his queen of the gods.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Xelloss, Cuchulin and Darko like this.