1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ChestBurster

ChestBurster Getting sticky.

Hmm, you seem to be right. Mr Zoat can you say a few words to the crowd, please. The spell checkers want an answer.
    Oh yeah, I found that thread I was asking about a long time ago so thanks, and I couldn't find it because using a smartphone means some features are removed for extra space.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Huh. Looks like the rest of the match went poorly. Though it seems Daciya gave as good as she got. No doubt being defeated by an alien will give her some desire to improve her skills. Especially if Tad keeps being an arse of a bad winner like that...

Because killing her for losing a simple training bout is a waste of the resources used to train her? After all, won't she be more interested in learning now she's seen how limited her skills are?

Not mentioned: the fact that cycle of training and improvement resulted in both of them becoming more powerful than nearly every god in their universe. Not that most DB-verse gods are fighters, given the decidedly Eastern bureaucratic nature of their celestial circles.

And that's why you're not so large a threat as you think you are. Sometimes the carrot gets better results than the stick.

After all, are you not running a great experiment to see if the quality of their training can improve the quality of the Weaponer?

...Not intentionally, no. Despite what the thread might want. And I doubt Georgia and Vril's relationship is quite at that point either...

Again, the carrot and the stick. Reward or punishment. Which do you think most would prefer, Kalmin?
    "Bah, foolish weakness."

Before anyone asks, Dox does have his ersatz Boom Tube system. Of course he'd want to give her a lift to congratulate her brother.

"Honestly, Boys..." Still, I can only assume he's happy he got to try out many of his weapons systems outside of laboratory conditions. Certainly, it'd hard to know if a weapon with, say, a five-second setup is a liability in a fight until you've tried to use it.

The rematch, and a hopeful drubbing, cannot come soon enough.

"I may be growing hard of hearing, Illustres. That sounded like you were giving me an order."

Well, at least he's taking the suggestion as intended. I suspect his idea of 'handling' might involve scourges, though.

Ah, Kalmin... You old omnicidal curmudgeon... Have some faith, would you?

He does know OL wants him for this trip, doesn't he? Or was he simply not expecting to see OL before the expected departure date?

Heh. I wonder if Onik was looking forwards to a couple of days' furlough with his buddies. Or maybe a few days to meditate and reflect on his blessings.

The apparent suddenness of this impromptu trip, maybe?

I can't help but hear that question in a cheerful tone. Like, "Oh, you..."

I'm guessing that there still aren't a lot of Karaxian Green Lanterns in their history, though. Likely because their strong faith makes them less willful.

Probably on the level of being asked to become a living saint.

I mean, he does try to avoid antagonising the Green Lanterns... :p Key word being try.

Likely a well-thumbed copy, I'll bet. Though that idea does ironically owe something to the post-flashpoint storylines of the Lantern titles, which equated the White Light with the Source itself... :confused:

<pointing Morgan Freeman.jpg> ...He has a point. And given the psychological requirements for using the White Light, it honestly fits well.

I can see Onik being conflicted about the New Gods in general. Sure, they're Source-empowered races, but not particularly religiously inclined for the most part, outside of Apokolips' Darkseid-driven monomania. Though New Genesis seems to be a little arrogant in that way too...

Of course, you know he's going to be taking this way too seriously.

Oh, this promises to be amusing, seeing Onik's gilded view of OL being worn away by feet of clay. Because you know OL will be himself... Let's just hope he doesn't give him a crisis of faith to rival Brutha. Whatever happens, I suspect all Karax will be in for a shock...
    (On the topic of 'Dragon Ball' name spelling: Japanese has a funny way of having multiple ways to spell words, making translations particularly difficult, especially where puns are involved. One source might have spelled it with an 'e', others with an 'i', due to the adaption of vowel sounds...)

Double space.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Though Gods of Destruction and Angels can still wipe the floor with them.

Or so she could view him getting the crap kicked out of him.

We know he's capable of hope, but it's probably not all that easy.

Maybe Paul can help him, seeing as he's technically one himself.

He insults Jehovah, he's fought against Angels, he worships pagan gods, he's helped demons, he's been a demon, his soul is made of a substance that is viewed as a sin by a lot of religions, he's a snake guy that once convinced an Angel to eat from a fruit that God forbid to be eaten.

Highfather was basically interested in using the White Light to fight the Anti-Life Equation.

And it does make sense, the White Light is basically all emotions combined, so it could work against something that drains emotions.

Renegade actually used some of the lights to help with his AL Equation situation.

New Genesians have been stated to be more faithful than Apokaluptians.

They may view Highfather as being something like the Pope, that being a very high figure in their religion, but still not the ultimate one, which is the Source.

Apokaliptians consider Darkseid to be the highest figure.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Oh gosh no. It's not unusual for both their Sector's Lanterns to be from there.

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, vaegrim and 6 others like this.
  5. Signaller

Signaller Know what you're doing yet?

So what colour Paul got dumped in the DBZ universe, and at what era?

lywrin likes this.
  6. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

you -> your

7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I looked up Karax on the DC wiki. There wasn't any information on the planet itself, but there is a Green Lantern from that planet: Graf Toren. Are we going to meet him during the visit? If yes, will this result in a theological debate about the Emotional Spectrum?

8. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

9. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

There are possible long-term implications and shake-ups for this kind of knowledge getting more widespread; I'm assuming the GLC and Guardians have access to Paragon's text by some means (Guy could simply ask for one). What are the Guardians' thoughts on it (I imagine there are multiple opinions) as well as Green Lanterns? Or is the text restricted/classified in some way?
    I forget if it has a name, but I feel like the Book of Maltus (the initial possibility that comes to mind) sounds both inaccurate and doesn't convey Paragon's background as an Earth-based human. Maybe the Book of Ophidian or something.

10. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

Just once I want the SI to drop one of these little stories-based-off-a-television-show and have the person he's talking to blink and reply, "You realize that's a work of fiction, right? Characters react the way they do because the writer thinks that will make a good story. You can't try to emulate a fictional work and expect that the results are going to hold up in the real world."

It's a power fantasy about the SI kicking ass all over the DC universe, and somehow the parts where he literally gives people advice based off a television show he saw rather than quoting actual works of philosophy, ethics, or tactics are still the most cringe.

11. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Yes, but the Speed Force also removes the influence of Anti-Life. I've no idea if the other Forces can as well, but I'd assume that the Sage would. I could make an argument for Strength, though I'd think that the Still Force would be more akin to Anti-Life.

Prognostic Hannya likes this.
  12. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

That's some nu52 bull that I highly doubt Zoat is fond of.

Ardy, Lord Ernest and Mr Zoat like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey, I saw your post about the various alternates and I noticed you were missing some of the chapters they showed up in.

Here are the missing chapters I managed to find featuring Red Lantern.

I'll make some other posts when I find the other chapters featuring the other versions.

14. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Isn't the Still Force part of Crisis Energy? It'd make sense that it got along with Anti-Life, while the other Seven Forces of Anti-Crisis Energy opposed it.

15. Pez

Pez Spaceman

It's a N52 thing, so it won't happen here, anyway. I was just pointing out that the Speed Force does counteract it, because all the Forces are incredibly broken powers. I've no idea if the Speed Force counteracting it was a N52 thing or not, though.

16. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

This was actually very shortly touched upon way back, but Paul has also several times mentioned his experience might not be applicable for anyone else.

RamiroGalletti likes this.
  17. inglorius

inglorius Getting sticky.

His healing device? Since when he is Paula von Gunther?

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He's not.

It's probably one he made himself or his sister gave him.

People tend to call their property 'my or 'mine instead of calling it the property of the inventor.

ChestBurster and Prince Charon like this.
  19. Threadmarks: Medidiction (part 5)
    Mr Zoat

26th August 2012
    18:27 GMT

step out and…

Back, appearing just behind Lantern Dul and blocking her immediate plasma shot with a construct barrier…

Training arena, combat ro-

I activate my armour's phasing system and fly over to the observer area as she cleaves a flying.. skeleton robot with her axe.

-bots, probably using Nth metal so could in theory be a threat. I phase back in surrounded by armed Thanagarian soldiers, and… I think that one's a Raven, the Double Oh agents of the Thanagarian government.

"Good evening, everyone."

Hands don't drift towards weapons, because being Thanagarian they never left them. But they're not pointing them at me any more than they were anyway.

"Illustres!" A Thanagarian with the Arena Master's insignia nods at me. "You can join in the session if you want, but we generally call it rude if you jump in without the permission of whoever actually booked the session."

"Yeah, sorry."

"No need to apologise to me. Your problem if you get hit, by the robots or by Paran Dul. Just remember that we don't know much about human medicine, so don't come crying to me if your arm gets stuck back on in the wrong place!"

"An entirely reasonable point. Is she-"

Lantern Dul shoulder-charges a robot, hitting it and using it to soak shots from a nearby turret, casting it aside once she's within axe range.

"-likely to be long?"

"Shouldn't think so. It's a standard course. Mostly I think she's just doing this because it's the only time she can fly with her own wings."

"It is?"

He wing-shrugs. "She's the only Lantern Thanagar's had in a long time. We've got plenty of soldiers who can do-" He points to where Lantern Dul is swooping in and cutting the legs off a large spider-like robot. "-that, but no others with power rings. So the High Council want her to be as good as she can possibly be."

"That's nice? But I don't think that the High Council understand how motivating Orange Lanterns works."

"What makes you say that? They get all the intelligence reports. I'm just the schmoe who's going to have to rebuild all of this-"

The large robot fails to draw a bead on Lantern Dul as she swoops hither and thither before finally slashing into its main torso with her axe.

"-once she's finished. Hey Dul! It's meant to be a speed and agility test!"

Lantern Dul flies over a line and there's a beep, the few surviving automata going inactive.

"Seemed pretty fast to me, Deruoh!"

She looks up, making eye contact with me. I smile and wave my right hand at her. She doesn't smile back, but pulls her power ring out of a pouch and puts it on before flying up to us.

"Illustres."

"Lantern Dul. Are you busy?"

"What's left of the Seven Devil Cults are in prison or in hiding. If you have orders for me, there's nothing holding me here."

I frown. "That's a sad thing to say about your homeworld."

"I mean in terms of my work for the Corps."

"Okay. In that case your new orders are to accompany me to Karax. I've selected you to take part in an experiment in Lantern training."

"What sort of experiment?"

"The Clarissi and I have decided that it's a good time to see if I can teach other Lanterns to do what I do, and you're one of the three I've selected for the first class. So we're off to Karax, and given that it's quite a bit further from Thanagar than from Maltus, I'll be conveying you myself."

"Karax. Why?"

"I'm pretty good with my ring, but I don't actually have a lot of experience as a teacher. Karax-."

Her eyes flicker with orange light as her ring feeds her the information. "They worship Green Lanterns."

"And keep records on them. I'm hoping we'll all learn something."

"I can be ready within an hour. Who else is coming?"

"Lantern Onik has already agreed to come, since that's his homeworld and he already has the right mindset. I'm also going to ask Lantern Xor… I don't think you've met him? He's huge and grey with orange hair. He's from this region of space, so I can nip over and pick him up while you're preparing."

"How close?"

"He's from the Alignment, so…"

I generate a construct map, rotating it along all three axes to give a better idea of the relative location in three dimensional space. Thanagarians are generally much better at picturing three dimensional space than humans, and two dimensional images aren't useful when showing distance in space.

"About that far. Have you heard of them?"

"I haven't, but they're close enough that our government will have. Is there anything about him that I need to know?"

"Very strict sense of honour. No double-dealing, no covert activity without specific authorisation from me, do not start any fights and if you do get in a fight, avoid causing collateral damage."

Her eyes narrow slightly. "Who do you think you're talking to?"

"Someone who doesn't want to be reduced to pâté by an enraged supersoldier?" I shrug. "I have a fairly laissez-faire command style, and I feel that's fair warning."

"It wasn't necessary."

"As you will." I raise my right hand to my forehead. "I will leave you to your preparations."

I

step out, reappearing

in the Warhound training area… There he is.

Lantern Xor is momentarily distracted by my arrival, taking a solid punch to the forearm guard before returning his full attention to his opponent.

"When you're finished, Lantern Xor."

"I can fight-"

His right fist hits his opponent's guard hard enough to make them stagger back a step.

"-and talk-"

His left hits under their guard and his right hits their exposed leg.

"-at the same time."

"I'm going on a field trip. Are you avail-"

His opponent attempts a hammer blow but in raising their arms they reveal their face, an opening Xor is happy to take advantage of.

"-able."

His opponent staggers back, then falls to the ground outside of the ring. Xor watches for a moment as their colleagues help the man up, then turns to face me.

"Yes. I am."

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  20. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Seems like something Deruoh would have wanted an actual answer to, if he wants to be a good governmental servant. Though maybe he's happy to just stay in his lane and just fulfil his specific duties.

It'll be fun to see Paragon cause a positive theological shift (assuming that that's what happens). I'd find a theological debate between orthodox Lanternists and Onix's minority Source-based religion quite fun to read, especially if Paragon is present and casually drops (even more) worldview-shattering knowledge.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't interrupt a girl when she's working, Paul.

Do they take their maggot-beer shaken or stirred?

Either due to other species having more willpower at the time, or the Guardians were worried about their imperialistic tendencies.

'understands'

'meant to'

'or in'

And probably using magic to hide.

Maybe if Vulcan comes then he can make something to help track them down.

One of your best students.

This should be 'step out, reappearing'

Multitasking for the win.

22. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

then -> than
    fight -> right

23. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Figures. I'm guessing he can't actually see what people are doing when he pings them for greediporting. Surprised he hasn't done this more than once already. Maybe he can work on that on this road-trip... Wouldn't do to have him die again because he stepped into something messy.

Not even an apology, or is he just saving that for when people are actually listening...

No doubt the agent is observing and recording the capabilities of an Orange Lantern, for future analysis. Assuming Lantern Dul is actually using her ring for this workout.

I doubt the person training would appreciate the company under most circumstances either. Good way to get your ass shot by someone running on adrenaline and combat drills.

That assumes that any of their attacks could get through his defences anyway, Nth metal or not. And 'Wholeness Rightly Assumed' can fix anything short of brain damage, after all.

Well, she's not using her ring, so yes, depending on her level of aggravation.

Can't rely solely on a single weapon, after all, even a tool as versatile as a power ring. After all, rings can run out of charge at the worst times...

I sense the taint of Guardian prejudice in the local recruitment criteria, perhaps. After all, don't want to recruit someone who won't be totally loyal to your calling.

Eh, have her fix it with her ring. That could be a useful lever for reducing overall damage in general, really. You break it, you fix it. Too bad there'd be plenty of stuck-up gits complaining about having to do menial work...

Less chance of getting shot in the back if there's no enemies left in fighting shape behind you....

Right down to business, eh? I suppose OL turning up in person is a good clue that something's up.

I hope you mean in terms of work, Lantern...

Good, good. No point having a Lantern with nothing to fight for.

Okay, there's sensible for you. Ask what your mission involves before accepting it.

In other words, he's saying you'll fly too slow? I mean, that's not what OL means, but I'm sure she'll take that away from it.

What better place to find information about Lanterns outside of OA itself? Especially the more unusual applications of the Spectrum?

Also a smart question. Don't want to be stuck out there with someone you don't like...

Practically next door in galactic terms... Though thankfully not close enough to come into conflict yet...

Benefit of having evolved with the power of flight. Us humans always operated on the ground, so things up there were never significant, unless they were coming at us rapidly...

Not unlike the Thanagarians themselves, really, besides Xor's personal sense of honour... They simply have more allowances for 'dirty' tactics...

And if she doesn't fuck up too badly, he might be willing to put her back together afterwards... So don't make him not want to.

Joy of working with heavily military cultures. No long waits for people to sort out their business.

At least you didn't arrive in the middle of the fight this time.

That won't take long.

See, a good solid hit.

Glad Xor's not trying to kill him. I suspect the opponent would already be laid out in that case...

Yeah, that may look cool, but a properly pragmatic pugilist will punish such pompous pageantry...

Just have to let your girlfriend know where you're going?

Well, at least it's easy to get everyone together for this trip. It's going to be a very interesting cruise to Karax, though. Two pragmatic soldiers, a priestly fellow and OL. Let's hope that combination of personalities doesn't mix poorly... Like nitroglycerine. It'll be interesting to see what they can learn, though...

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul can be stubborn and refuse to apologize if he thinks he's right.

Or there were others with more willpower.

Though it is possible that they were worried about their imperialistic tendencies and didn't want to deal with that.

It's not that strange that they will not recruit someone whose loyalty may not be assured.

I'm getting a priest walks into a bar joke vibe here for some reason.

25. Mr Zoat

They drink water.
    I think that's okay.
    Thank you, corrected.
    True.

26. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Aww, I was hoping he was taking the coluan lantern woman, whatever her name was.

I don’t think we’ve seen her since Paul exploded anyway, whatever happened to her?

27. Mr Zoat

She went back to her day job.

28. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

What a wimp. Your boss gets exploded one time and suddenly you give up. Ugh

ChestBurster and Xmaster3000 like this.
  29. Threadmarks: Medidiction (part 6)
    Mr Zoat

26th August 2012
    19:15 GMT

Lantern Dul meets us in mid-air over the Thanagarian capital, eyeing Lantern Xor like a…

I'm mildly disappointed with myself.

Like 'a hawk scanning a field', while Xor regards her fairly impassively for a moment before returning his attention to the Thanaldar cityscape.

"Why do the buildings fly?"

"Nth metal. We use it to control mass and gravity."

"No. Not 'how'. 'Why'? Why do you make them fly? Your world has much space. You do not stack buildings because you need to. So why do you make them fly?"

"Status. We like flying. Unlike all the other species in our empire thanagarians can fly. Nth metal is a part of our bodies, so why shouldn't it be part of our buildings?"

"Because it is profligate and unnecessary. Because it adds structural vulnerability. Because it takes a scarce resource and wastes it."

"Do your people live in plain fortified bunkers?"

"No. But only the tallest buildings use systems to stabilise themselves, and none can fly." Xor frowns. "And our population is much greater than yours." His eyes glow. "And you have a city under your city."

"Poor people and aliens have to live somewhere. Where do your people put them?"

"In smaller towns, in the outskirts. In larger cities, in large habitation blocks. The poorest live in the tallest, windiest parts, furthest from the ground."

Her eyes narrow further. "Heights are a lot less scary when you have wings. Though if you want to send us labourers, I'm sure we can find room for them somewhere suitably low."

I smile brightly at them. "Ready to go, or would you like to continue this exercise in comparative anthropology?"

Xor takes a last look before rotating towards me, deliberately choosing to avoid looking at the city.

"I am ready. I do not think that there is much to learn here."

"Which of our species is more advanced? Which controls a larger area of space?"

This time I glare at her.

"Lantern Dul?"

"I am ready to depart. Sir."

I project orange light around us and begin warping space, sending us flying faster and faster away from-. Yes, now invisible to the naked eye Thanagar and in the direction of Karax.

"We'll meet Lantern Onik closer to our destination. In the meantime, we may as well have a lesson." I frown. "Though Lantern Dul, how did things go with the Seven Devil cultists?"

"Eliminated. Between me, the fleet and the Ravens, we scoured everywhere they could hide and every citizen who had contact with them."

"Meet any other Exalted Ones, or anything like that?"

"Nothing on that level. Some manhawks and a few other abominations. Easily dealt with."

"Good, good. And their records?"

"Secured."

"I'd like a little more than that, Lantern Dul. I don't need the access codes myself, but the Seven Devils coming back is extremely bad."

"Only researchers with a long history of loyalty are allowed closely monitored access, and they will be watched constantly for the rest of their lives. The High Council has accepted the broad truth of Sharon Parker's account of that part of our history. We have excellent reasons to be careful."

"The reason I ask is that -as an empath- I'm perfectly aware of how eager certain officials in the Thanagarian Empire's government are to learn what the cults know about Nth metal fabrication."

She doesn't twitch, but she does go slightly still.

"Which isn't a problem for me right up until one of the Seven Devils manifests. I also know perfectly well that your first loyalty is to Thanagar. That isn't a problem for me either, so long as you remember that what serves them best isn't necessarily what they tell you to do."

I give her a hard look.

"But if we're agreed that the worst possible outcome is the Seven Devils returning to life, then there isn't any contradiction."

"No, Illustres. I agree."

I go back to smiling.

"Okay, good work then. Is there anything else in the Thanagarian Empire that requires your attention?"

"I have been trying to replicate your feat of creating Nth metal using your power ring."

"Any luck?"

She pulls her wings in slightly. "Not yet."

"You weren't trying to use your desire to serve the Thanagarian Empire to catalyse your construct, were you?"

"That is my strongest desire."

"No, no…" I shake my head. "That's not how it works. Orange is the colour of avarice. Lantern Xor, can you explain what she did wrong?"

"Altruism does not work, even if the desire is genuine. When I fight, I do so to affirm my nature. My desires. I am an honourable warrior. I will harm none who have not wronged me. I will leave no slight unavenged. I will repay my debts. I will speak no untruth. This is who I am. This is the proper code of the universe, and I will teach it to others in whatever way I must."

He regards her with… Disappointment.

"The Illustres helped me when no other would, so has earned my fealty. My nation is the Alignment, and they took me as a child and turned me into a mindlessly loyal living weapon. And when I understood that, I tore them down. You say you are loyal to a place, a time, as if their nature makes no difference. As if you would serve a liar as willingly as an honest person, merely for the… Fancy hat upon their head. Your devotion is empty of meaning, it-."

I hold up my right hand.

"Okay! Okay, thank you for your plain-spoken denunciation-" Lantern Dul looks a heartbeat from swinging her axe at him, and it's probably only the fact that her anger has shut her ring down that's stopping her. "-Lantern Xor, I'm sure that Lantern Dul will hear it in the spirit in which it was intended. Won't you, Lantern Dul?"

"II will try."

"You'll note that despite his obvious contempt for your personal philosophy, his environmental shield is still working. His philosophy is objectively superior when it comes to orange light manipulation. Or… Perhaps you're not being entirely honest regarding your own motivations? And perhaps this far from Thanagarian listening devices, you might like to talk about that."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And Thanagar is going to need those resources.

Until Vulcan comes along and they can start using them for frivolous things.

The bitchiness is strong in this one.

'go with'

'who have'

'he has earned'

I thought it was mostly for the betrayal rather than the fact that they turned him into a living weapon.