1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Replying to Vaermina.

The good point is why hasn't paul asked Hephestus for help? and if he's unwilling... well Paul removed the previous king of Olympus for being inconvenient.

Cuchulin, Ardy and mastermenthe like this.
  2. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

Funny thing is, this is not the first time they have encountered a magical global scale unnatural mental influence. They did after all, neutralise Earth-666 of its demonic corruption. Only one way to find out if the same method can be used to counter Anti-life.

Hmm. Earth-666 could in a way be considered a tutorial for this exact scenario.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    BookZone, Cuchulin, Caerwen and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

4. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Was it ever shown/stated how Mist became White Light enlightened?

5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

He said that he meditated for a long period of time before he glimpsed something beautiful, heavily implied to be the Life Entity, though I don't remember where this was said.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Technically all Abrahamic religions fall under his purview.

After everyone else was killed by Queen Bee.

No, I think Falil was saying that he doesn't know how Amon could survive something like Anti-Life when they experienced it.

He is Dannered.

He may just need to find a Shinto temple and start meditating there in order to spread the Power of Susanoo.

7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

If I remember correctly, Adom is the only member of the Mighty Adom family to be Dannered.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Zoat once mentioned that he Dannered Amon, but not Adrianna.

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Found the post that confirms this.

Ardy, Mr Zoat and Darko like this.
  10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Dr Mist is based on the Novel She, where She Who Must Be Obeyed was a 2000 year old sorceress queen who gained immortality and superhuman beauty from bathing in the flames of the Pillar of Life.

Dr Mist is implied to be Noot, from the sequel/prequel, Wisdom's Daughter.

Presuming that Dr Mist sees himself as the guardian of the Pillar of Life and so is being vague about it, I imagine in WTR there is volcano where the power of the White Light Entity spurts to the surface like lava where just anyone can bath in its fire and be reborn as a superpowered immortal, similar to the underground rivers of compassion on the planet Nok from which the Indigo Tribe forged their staves and rings.

The superpowers apparently being psychogenic in nature, since it seems like quite the coincidence that the vain as hell Ayesha gains superhuman beauty that would leave pretty much anyone doing the "We're not worthy!" skit from Wayne's World.

11. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

Hmm, would aliens coming to earth be affected by the earth-ALE infection?

It may be time to bring in outside forces.
    Pull in the Orange Lanterns to fight Apokalypse invasion.

12. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

He meditated so long in a place of power that his physical body died and he caught a glimpse of what was presumed to be the Life Entity..

Windona, Bud-E and Lord Ernest like this.
  13. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

beasts

Well. I was going to correct this, but it seems it's already been quite thoroughly discussed.

Bramble Thorn, Mr Zoat, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

15. Threadmarks: Pete Tong (part 20)
    Mr Zoat

31st December 2012
    21:28 GMT +2

Amon smiles when he sees me. He's made a point of getting in shape even outside his empowered form, though he's not quite as impressive like this. "Hello, Orange Lantern. What is the plan?"

"We haven't got that far, yet. The first wave of insects is being managed, but we've got no real idea how to stop the Anti-Life."

He frowns, but even without the Courage of Montu he doesn't seem particularly bothered. "That is what is driving everyone mad?"

"I get the impression that it's triggering what's there already. Magnifying the worst of them. Not like with you where they just tried to overpower you."

Dr. Balewa half walks and half staggers over to the shrine where Adom is… Praying? That, or meditating. I'm a little surprised that he's not more involved in the defence, but I suppose that I should take it as a good sign that he's got enough competent people under him that he doesn't need to.

"Batman is working on a plan?"

"I really hope so."

"You don't have one yourself?"

"I have two that are relevant. One would take about four minutes and involves evacuating everyone I care about from the planet and letting the rest go hang. The other would take months."

He looks a little disconcerted. "Four minutes? That is… That is not a great many people."

I shrug. "It's the important ones. Adom?"

"I care about all of the people of Kahndaq. But abandoning the world to its fate is something that my pride could never accept."

"Well, yes, that's why I haven't just done it yet. So, you think you can teach Captain Marvel by phone, or do you need him to come here?"

"He would merely be acting as a vector for Lord Zeus's power-" I wince. "-so there is little that he needs to learn. Why did you make that expression?"

"I organised a revolution that got Zeus overthrown. I think that Captain Marvel currently uses Susano's lightning, but I… Didn't follow up."

"Susano. Who is 'Susano'?"

"Shinto god of various things, including lightning."

I can hear Adom not sigh.

"Obviously, if I'd have known this was going to happen I wouldn't have done it yet, but Zeus had needed to go for a while."

"Is he powerful?"

"Um."

"It is not a question of power. It is a question of whether or not he is willing to risk himself. Zeus is proud. He would not tolerate his people falling under the control of another." He glances pointedly at me. "When he had a choice. The Shinto pantheon think strategically. It may be thet they decide thet we will win, and so not concern themselves."

"Or that we're going to lose, so they'd rather try barricading themselves in Shinto Heaven. But we don't really lose anything by asking."

"I should at least be able to discover whether or not it is possible by speaking with him over the phone."

"Orange Lantern to Batman."

There's a delay, during which I'm decidedly concerned that-.

"Go."

"Adom's using the Power of Atum to keep the Anti-Life out of Kahndaq. They were under attack by giant Apokoliptian insectoids but we've dealt with that for now. Adom's depowered while he's doing it-" Aside from the Danner formula, but that's hardly likely to make a difference in this situation. "-but he might be able to teach Captain Marvel. Is there a Lantern with him?"

"Thirty seconds."

The connection drops, presumably so that he can work out who's closest. I mean, just about every form of mundane and exotic communication has to be completely open to the enemy at this point.

"Teth Adom. How long can you maintain this?"

"Until I die, or Lord Montu does." He considers something for a moment. "Orange Lantern. Do they have that power? Would the Anti-Life twist the minds of the gods?"

"Ah, the Anti-Life is supposed to be universal, but I can't see how they could test it on gods as easily as on mortals. I'd guess that at the very least they'd have a harder time, and that Lord Montu has long since dealt with his own psychological weaknesses. If infecting Lord Montu was easy, you wouldn't be able to shield people with his power. Um, and when you say 'until I die'..?"

"I expect to live another forty or fifty years if I cannot use my powers again. Or though since I have Professor Danner's potion, perhaps it would be three times that."

My ring blinks.

"Answer."

Alan's face appears for a moment, nods, then is replaced by Captain Marvel's face.

"Hey."

He sounds about as low as I've ever heard him. I switch my ring's perspective so that it shows Adom instead of me.

"Captain Marvel. It should be possible for you to aid your countrymen in throwing off the Anti-Life as I am my people." Marvel nods, completely focused. "Get to somewhere safe, and then follow my instructions."

31st December 2012
    14:28 GMT -5

Civilization is falling to some madman and we're in Washington DC for an impromptu Nuremberg rally. The League are a no-show. This is it. The end-.

I clutch my head, abandoning any effort to pretend that I'm fine to Shelley, while she carries on as if she didn't feel anything. I've been attacked telepathically before but this is something else. What sort of sick bastard-.

"Shelley, what the hell are we doing here?"

"You are here to bear witness to a statement of power."

"The guys in Stormtrooper helmets?"

And boy are there a lot of them. It's gotta be mind control. More and more people are falling in line without any organization. No one's telling them to do it, they're just getting in line.

Waiting for someone. Or something.

"No." She yanks on the noose, and though I could totally throw her off I decide to go along with it. "Watch."

She tugs my head in the direction of-

BOOM!

-the Lincoln Memorial, which means that I get a front row seat to seeing it demolished by the giant grey and red robot which strides through the portal.

"Classy. What is it?"

"That is Finality Man, and it is here to kill the Justice League."

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  16. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Is that supposed to be Paul's thoughts? If so, then the quotation marks should be removed.

Relyt33 likes this.
  17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He has dealt with it before.

"Susanoo"

That's a common response from those that deal with Paul.

He has allowed it before.

Granted, that was to the Presence, who can potentially unmake reality at will.

Darkseid is strong, but Zeus may honestly have a pretty good chance at beating him.

Or they decide to switch sides.

"seeing it"

Now I'm wondering if it was just random destruction, a show of power, or if it was some kind of attack against the American spirit.

Well shot.

Hopefully they can either destroy it or get it back.

Who was the woman at the end?

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, dxdragon and 5 others like this.
  18. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Oh. Infinity man.
    Dasaad is done reprogramming him.

That's... Not ideal.

19. Mr Zoat

No.
    Thank you, corrected.

20. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

Damn, first time I've had to change my style of the page to properly understand who was speaking, besides the Illustres, because it was kind of difficult to discern just by the text. The dialogues were jumping from one to other so sporadically.

Relyt33, Chaoswind and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Of which there are more than three even if you count all the various branches of Christianity as one religion.

Relyt33 likes this.
  22. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

That does rather assume there'll be a second wave, but I doubt the Dark Side would stop at one attack. They need to crush all resistance before word of it spreads, or the overwhelming force of the Anti-Life could be weakened by hope. Time is on their side, unfortunately...

An astute observation. Adom's Will is impressive. It's no surprise that he could resist the Anti-Life in the forms we've seen thus far.

And Adom not fighting means less distractions for the focus he clearly needs to maintain this...

...Well, that's Enlightenment for you. 'What's mine is mine, let the rest fry.' is one form of wanting, after all.

...Not a good plan for anyone not on your list, though.

Though I suspect the latter comes down to 'how busy are he and the sidekicks?' since him doing this would depower them too. And Dannering or not, they can't fight the world.

Sloppy, OL. You're usually better about that sort of thing. Is the sheer stupidity of people getting to you?

And he would be dreadfully annoyed that you aren't using his full title.

Sure, but him punishing Diana for saying 'let's not.' to his proposition was kind of a big last straw.

I mean, it's not like Lightning is his sole portfolio. He oversees a great many things.

And suddenly, OL sees a downside to his actions. Well done, OL.

Well, this is proving to be a fine day for shoving OL's nose in his mistakes, isn't it?

Ah, good, he isn't dead. Or worse, Justified. Let's hope he stays that way.

I mean, he'll survive if a giant insect manages to bust in and try to step on him. Or if a more conventional assassination attempt is launched.

Especially since he's not exactly got the Stamina of Shu right now. Danner formula can only take you so far, too.

As we've seen on the Renegade's side, the more powerful and focused your metaphysical self is, the tougher you become. I would assume that applies to resistance to non-specific Anti-Life exposure, too. (Renegade got whammied by Life=Pain because of Jade's violent rejection minutes earlier, leaving a big hole in his defences.)

Or longer, given that the good doctor himself is still alive, and barely looks middle-aged. Oops, wrong Danner.

Hopefully not pulling away from anything important for this.

I can't imagine that's not because of the Anti-Life hitting him hard, because of his youth. Man, the kids of the DC Earth must be in constant therapy with all the disasters...

And what a time to cut away...

Ah, Lois. Still resisting. Good on you!

;) (...I think Lois would rather keep her clothes on, thank you. Unlike you, miss Whip. :oops: Though stripping her probably would add to the psychological damage they're trying to inflict...)
    Regardless, I assume having Lois here is intended to make Superman more hesitant to come blasting in. Given he's the iconic big gun of the League (despite them having far more powerful members and associates now...)

And every one of them is going to raise arms against the people trying to save them... Forget humanity's children, the League are going to need therapy after this.

Ah, biding your time to make her taste your shoe leather... From the inside.

Again? Man, how rude can these alien invaders get?

...Well, shit. Is that you, Drax?
    (edited to the correct universe's version of Infinity-Man.)

Let me guess: the Dark Side is going to break the will to resist of the hold-outs by destroying Earth's greatest defence in as public a manner as possible? It's a very Apokaliptian way to go about it, I suppose. And if they've deployed it, then they have no doubts that it can do exactly that. Which still leaves a big opportunity to give them a surprise... Somehow.

"You are here to bear witness to a statement of power."
    ...and though I could totally throw her off I decide to go along with it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  23. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I would point out that you were told by multiple people not to do what you did...

Enochi likes this.
  24. Korttihai

Korttihai Getting out there.

Yes actually. The separate o is commonly combined in the name in english. it is sometimes spelled Susanō to indicate the long o. Source wikipedia.

Relyt33 and Chaoswind like this.
  25. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Right. Assemble Guy, Paul, and Alan. Alan needs to flip him the Bird.

Ardy, Treekin3000 and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Bird is the word as everybody has heard.

Ardy and Lord Ernest like this.
  27. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

'Grease is the word
    Grease is the word, is the word that you heard
    It's got groove, it's got meaning
    Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion
    Grease is the way we are feeling'

28. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

It's correct. The problem is that DC and Sandman, where the character appeared, have it written incorrectly. As such, the iteration of Susanoo no Mikoto that appears in DC properties has his name wrong and is actually called Susano.

Or at least, that's how I understand it.

Otto von Saurion, Cuchulin and CTrees like this.
  29. Vice Xarno

Vice Xarno Versed in the lewd.

Nope while this has deviated a lot, this is earth 16 young justice. Also duding the source of the Photo used, it should be the corrupted combined form of the Forever people, who didn't show up when they canonically did due to Paul merging with the Ophidian and them being cautious due to the Orange Entity and not going to earth

30. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Damn it Paul.:D