1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

‘species’’ ?
    Is the ¬ deliberate? If so, what does it signify?
    ‘from these’
    I thought her species had toothless beaks? Is the construct beak-shaped or is this just weird?

I’m surprised that these soldiers are okay with doing this deal. Is the government not as evil as it seems? Because I would expect them to be executed or at least severely punished for this.

2. DeathReaperZ

DeathReaperZ In the Void.

Did this actually happen?
    Literally none of them look younger than 20. I'd like to know which one of them is 13.
    Yes.
    Is it just me, or was his ring sassier than normal there?
    Is he talking about his enlightenment, or something else that I have forgotten about?
    Well, that's a surprise.
    Things really went downhill for Guy in the Renegade's universe, huh?
    The Pony world's been hitting him hard.
    Wonder if Darwin would be the New God of Evolution or something.
    Sea?
    Might have been better for him to stay in that coma.
    Hey, at least it wasn't the Jizz Jet.
    And he continues him without skipping a beat.
    Is this a canon species?
    Doesn't seem like a bad place to live to be honest.
    I hate when that happens and two hours later I end up learning about the complete history of the M1 Garand, and its significance in modern culture or something.
    Way to be blunt Paul.
    I don't doubt in the slightest that he's having fun with this.
    Yep, he is having fun.
    I surprised he couldn't just want to know the time and then just know it. How did he end up in the ring again?
    But what about species that don't have brains normally, how would a ring interface with them? It seems like either energy beings and other species without brains got the short end of the stick, or they can interface with power rings differently.
    Sometimes I wonder when somebody's gonna smack him for that satire.
    I doubt Paul's fingers would still be intact after he tries to scratch him under his chin.
    Because Earth is the centre of the Universe, narrative wise.
    Perhaps they kept them for self-defence?
    This is some Looney Tunes stuff right here.
    Surprise.
    Do the native animals have other methods of warming themselves up, or do they not get cold weather here?
    Kek.
    And proper consent is all you need-
    On a scale of "My bones just popped in a really satisfying way" to "I just had an orgasm"
    And he leaves the New Gods there. Not that they would really be harmed, but still.
    Not as high as the moon I hope.
    I hope for that too.
    I doubt he'd feel anything that wasn't buckshot through his armour.
    Unless he summons and merges with the Ophidian again, but this time they're in complete control of themselves.
    1)Found your YouTube account by the way. You have a surprising amount of Nightcore in your music playlist.
    2)Is there a way to change my name on this site without getting a new account?

3. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Enlightenment. It wasn't exactly a pleasant experience.

Local metaphysics basically said he was close enough to a god (plus interference from the native ones I think?) that he got trapped in it because that's just how gods work there, more or less. Maybe. It's been awhile since that side story first started.

IIRC you just talk to one of the mods. I'm not sure what the best way of going about that is, but they'll do it if you ask.

Ardy likes this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Weird. It's not there in my copy.
    Yes, but they're not stupid. They know what other species look like.
    They're a violent people, but they're not evil in the way that the dominators, psions, spider guilders or Apokolips are. Give them a worthwhile target and they'll be happy to focus on that.
    That's how I remember it.
    Enlightenment.
    It's more that they went uphill slightly rather than a lot.
    No, that's parenthood. Children copy what they see. If you don't want them to swear, don't shout 'DON'T FUCKING SWEAR' at them.
    He was too committed to Christianity to get involved in that sort of thing.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Not really.
    Yes.
    Went through into their world but was bumped into the god layer due to his power level.
    They're not really the right shape for that.
    How is it surprising?
    There isn't a way to change your name by getting a new account. They're weirdly strict on multiple accounts here.

5. Celtic Spartan

Celtic Spartan Know what you're doing yet?

huh just had a thought what if the indigo lanterns aren't a tribe like in the comics but just another normal corps. due to Paul's meddling.

w34v3r and Xmaster3000 like this.
  6. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

I’m just surprised that she would default to a structure that doesn’t occur in her species. But I guess there are probably toothed animals on their world, so I suppose it isn’t that weird for them to have teeth as a familiar concept.

Prince Charon and Xmaster3000 like this.
  7. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Hal Jordan's predecessor, who died years before Paul even showed up in this universe, was instrumental to forming the Indigo Tribe.

So their differences would logically have formed from pre-existing differences.

Like Zoat's Guardians are not as sociopathic as the comics version, which meant that Sur didn't decide that the Guardians were a threat to the universe and hence didn't form the Indigo Tribe to brainwash the Guardians into having empathy.

Vorian, Prince Charon, w34v3r and 4 others like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Her new boss has particularly impressive biting teeth and sharpened them in her presence.

9. Threadmarks: Compass (part 16)
    Mr Zoat

13th February 2013
    19:23 GMT -5

The blue-furred man looks at me sceptically. "The biggest empire in the galaxy?"

Behind me, I hear Serifan's complaints muffled by Bear's hands.

"Yes indeed. The Reach have been very successful, expanding over the centuries. Sending you a map now."

He looks away from the camera, presumably at a second screen. "Huh. Doesn't look that big."

"On a map of the galaxy the size of-" Quick scan. "-the screen you're looking at, you can actually see it. No other empire covers that much area. It incorporates hundreds of worlds, habitable worlds with breathable atmospheres, not worlds total. Probably the most powerful fleet in the galaxy in conventional terms."

"How 'conventional'?"

"New God ships have more advanced weapons and shields, but are far less numerous. Qward, the Dominion… They might have ships that are more advanced in one or two areas. I don't know what would happen if a Qwardian fleet with qwa-energy weapons fought the Reach fleet. But in terms of power projection, numbers and general technological might, theirs is the overall best."

"And you want us to fight?"

I shrug. "I don't have a strong feeling either way. Will you slow us down?"

He bears his teeth. "Is that you and your weird flying car in front of my weapon batteries?"

I shrug. "Shoot it. It's not my car."

"HAH!"

Moonrider frowns at me. "Please don't tell him to shoot the Whiz Wagon."

"I promise you that I will never tell him to do that." I return my attention to the dock commander. "So do we have an agreement?"

"Any Lanterns in this war?"

"Yes, but they'll be on your side. You can even suggest people for us to recruit into the Corps."

"Ah, my gonads are quivering in anticipation! A war, a grand war! What's the prize?"

"We pay in raw materials, technology and colonisation rights. You'll have to negotiate once you get there."

"Sold! Scan for your weird lizard Lantern all you want. I've got a war to prepare for!"

The screen winks out.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by how eager for a fight these people are. I know that 2814 is actually pretty peaceful due to The Traitor killing everyone capable of making a nuisance of themselves… Not his specific intent, obviously, just the result of killing everyone who got his attention. But the idea that a whole species would go 'you got a war, gimme gimme gimme' is something I can't help but find odd.

The Forevercar flies towards the dock which Peldak failed to attack, Bear releasing the irritated-looking Serifan from his friendly but firm grip.

"That was rude, Bear." Discordant Chimes.

"You know why I did it." His eyes flick my way for a moment as the Forevercar comes to a halt at Dreamer's gesture. "Lantern, can we talk?"

"Yes."

"I… Somewhere…" He looks at the image of Peldak Dreamer has conjured. "They don't need me for this. Or you."

"Ah. Yes." I tether him with a construct and float him out of his seat. "We'll be back shortly."

Moonrider nods as I fly Bear around the dock into an empty cradle, a location with no lines of sight to his friends or any windows.

"So. What do you need?"

"I thought we might need to fight. You asked them to fight, but for you, not against you."

"It's a convergence of interests. They're a nuisance here, but they'll be useful in the periphery. They like fighting."

He nods distractedly. "I'm good at fighting. But I've never liked it. Highfather taught us that it takes a stronger person not to fight, but… Uh. It seems to me that if you're strong enough, you don't need to. If the person you want to stop doesn't think they can beat you, and you don't want to fight them, then you can talk things out. Once we were attacked by a group of Apokoliptian Lowlies and I was strong enough to grapple them and hold them until they tired themselves out. None of us were hurt, and they only had a few bruises. If I hadn't been strong -really strong- then I couldn't have done that."

"Then I must ask your forgiveness, because I'd sort of gotten the impression that you left that sort of thing to Infinity Man."

"Sometimes we call Infinity Man because we aren't strong enough to fight and we need to. But he isn't good at talking. And he's terrifying. If we call him, no one will talk to us. We can't solve problems like that."

I nod. "What happened to the Lowlies?"

"They thought that we were of Apokolips. When we showed them that we were not, they were happy to see us. We spent a few days helping them build their village." He smiles faintly. "It was a good day."

I'd like to ask about Drax. But… Not the time.

"What did the Anti-Life say to you?"

"It wasn't anything I hadn't heard before. It was what-."

He looks away.

"Bear, I want to help. The Anti-Life only has the control you give it. It can make you think some fairly disturbing things, but once-."

"They found them. They found… The Lowlies we helped. They… The Anti-Life said… Things to me, and they put me in one of-of…"

He looks away, raising his right hand to cover his face.

"They have arenas, where warriors kill one another for the Elite's entertainment. They made me think… And I killed them. I tore them apart. With my bare hands. It wasn't even a fight, they were just…"

I gently lay my right hand on his shoulder.

"And if you'd been weaker, you wouldn't have been able to kill them."

"Yes." He slides his hand to the side so that it's only covering half his face, and what I can see is a picture of misery. "Yes."

"That's what the Anti-Life does. Everything that is proud and noble and worth something is undermined and flipped on its head. It… Wouldn't be evil if it wasn't evil. There is no greater purpose in the suffering he causes, other than satisfying him. If it helps, the fact that you can still feel bad about it is something to be proud of. Because he wasn't trying to leave you with that capacity. He wants you to think that sort of thing is normal. Or to think you shouldn't have helped those people in the first place."

"We shouldn't have gone there. If-."

"You're not responsible for Darkseid being evil, Bear. He was like that a long time before you were born. Pointless suffering is what he does, and the best you can do is mourn and then do what you can to prevent it happening to anyone else."

"But what if I can't?"

"Then you find someone who can and you make sure they've got the tools they need. But I wouldn't count yourself out just yet."

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's honestly very nice to see Paul helping people with their emotional problems.

Well you may be more powerful than them, but they control more territory.

I don't believe that at all.

Now I wanna watch TTS.

This is surprisingly very wise.

I don't remember much about his character from the show aside from being boisterous, but this was nice.

11. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Fixed your typo.

12. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's true, because he will never call it the Whizz Wagon

13. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

What, cowboy? Feeling a bit slighted by OL's statement? Not sure why, I don't remember New Genesis ever having imperial ambitions. Or are you just wanting a chance to start a fight and finally get to shoot something?

It's a lot more systems than your race has ever managed to conquer, I suspect...

And a galaxy is a big thing, so anything visible on a map large enough to see both it and the whole galaxy is big.

Heh. He sounds eager. Guess he's not really grokking the sheer scale of the idea.

Heh. Good to see even other species think the Whiz Wagon is odd-looking.

And frankly, a few bullet holes wouldn't hurt its looks. :p

Though you'll not that he's not telling him not to shoot, either.

And given what they've shown of their desires thus far, they'd probably make good soldiers.

Bit of a trek, though. I hope these guys have decent FTL speeds.

Heh. Quite the enthusiastic fellow, isn't he?

...'The Traitor'? :confused: What was that again? As for the statejian's love of war, it's kind of refreshing to see someone who doesn't worry too much about taking territory, disposing of hated foes or other less reasonable drives for war.

Serifan's got a big mouth and issues with authority? Kind of goes with the whole 'cowboy' personality.

It'd probably just be restating things we've already seen for the most part.

Ah, the big kid needing his own pep talk now? All we need is Serifan to have a heart-to-heart and he'll have a full set.

And it persuaded them not to fight you guys. So no harm done.

Heh. A gentle giant, eh? Not an uncommon sentiment amongst the big guys of the narrative cosmos.

Man, you are talking OL's language here. He likes to achieve more through diplomacy than he would violence.

Compared to some of the stuff he's probably had to see, it would be.

Oh, this'll be good.

Ah, the old 'your strength is only good for one thing: hurting people' accusation, eh?

Remember, he is only a boy, really. A huge, powerful boy, but still just a boy.

No need to guess what they made him think. I'm betting it involved his friends in pain...

But then they might have been able to kill you. And as nice as it would be to claim that's okay...

OL putting that massive persuasion skill to good use for once.

And accepting that even if you try your best, that there will be times when it isn't good enough either.

Something which OL is rather good at. Even if he could do it himself, he'll help to empower others so they can deal with their problems themselves...

A rare chance for OL to play the wise old mentor to someone much younger than him. We never saw that with the Team. It's still a little sad to hear that someone as young as Bear presumably is was put into that situation to start with, though. It's a pity we likely won't get to see OL give Highfather a good old 'Commander Shepard'-style lecture.

14. Duke Long

Duke Long Glomerulus

I thought she was a bird person? Are they actually more like lizards in their biology, or do the statejian lizard-analogues have beaks or something?

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Mr Zoat

She's an alien, so isn't related to any Earth species. She looks more reptilian to me, but she isn't one.

16. m_d

m_d Fascinated by storytelling

Devlos Ungol. The person who was put into a suit of power armour derived from a part of the Anti-Monitor's armour and went on a sector spanning killing spree. Paul encountered him in Ways and Means part 15, and fought him with that flaming skin human, Effigy A.K.A. Martyn van Wyck, who'd been experimented on by Controller aligned Maltusian Jevek Jos Jar in an effort to come up with a non-emotional spectrum based "powerful and controllable weapon-servitor" by incorporating learnings from the Burning Martian.

17. BoML

BoML I trust you know where the happy button is?

That would be Devlos Ungol, the biggest and most notorious pirate in Sector 2814, believed to have been dead for a long time, which was...very much *not* accurate at all...and now permanently ashes in a jar in Hades' custody in the Underworld. I *think* the first time he was mentioned by name was here.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Highfather probably did do a lot to help them recover since after they were rescued they were barely functional, but now they're at least able to talk and do things.

Paul just finished their therapy.

Though it is possible that he could have been the necessary element to complete it since he's a stranger.

Anyone with any knowledge of even the basics of therapy will tell you that having a close friend or family member as a therapist can be a bad idea since the sessions can get extremely emotional on both sides and the reason that person is in therapy may be connected to said friend or family member, so they may be reluctant to open up.

And that's something we have to remember about the Forever People and Highfather.

They're basically a family.

When Paul first met Highfather face to face he was apparently training some children to potentially take over the Forever People's role in summoning Infinity Man should the current ones may not fully recover.

It's highly likely that he also trained the current ones and during that they may have viewed him as a father figure, or like a grandfather.

That may have potentially hampered their therapy since they don't want to disappoint him.

In this chapter we learned that Bear killed innocent people.

It wasn't his fault and he didn't have a choice, but he still feels guilt about it.

In order for him to get better he needed to tell about what he did, but he may have been reluctant to discuss it with Highfather since what he did goes against Highfather's teachings.

Highfather would understand that it wasn't his fault, but Bear would still feel like shit for what happened and thus doesn't want to discuss it because he fears he'll disappoint Izaya.

19. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

I fully agree with everything you just said I am currently in school to be a therapist and all that you said is completely true to what we know about psychology... For humans at least I don't know how well you could apply this knowledge to The New Gods.

20. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

the same but more arrogant

21. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Anybody else get vibes of Hellsing's Major from this alien practically creaming himself over a grand war?

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  22. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

To be specific, Izaya wouldn't be mad. He might, however, be dissapointed.

It may be the ur-Dad Joke but it's (a) absolutely a true thing and (b) absolutely as devastating as the meme version makes it out to be.

And so if you're worried you might dissapoint your (High)father, you don't tell dad...

23. Threadmarks: Compass (part 17)
    Mr Zoat

13th February 2013
    19:27 GMT -5

I open my mouth, then close it again as Moonrider shakes his head at me.

The illusory image of Peldak floats in space in front of Dreamer, staring at her. For her species that's not a sign of aggression: they don't have any psychological mechanisms relating to their ability to threaten each other because they can't threaten each other.

"Why did you attack this shipyard?"

"Because it was there. They use it for making warships. If they can't make warships then they're not a problem for anyone else."

"Why wasn't Doctor Ub'x with you?"

"Because he had other things to do and thought it was foolish." Her fronds twitch. "And he was right. I should have practiced first; I was too overjoyed at being able to do anything to think about what I should do."

"Where did you go afterwards?"

"What's it to you?"

"We need to speak with you, to get your help with something that needs an Indigo Lantern. Either you or Ub'x or anyone else he has recruited would be fine."

"Why do you need one of us?"

"One of our friends has gone mad with rage. The Orange Lanterns have told us that your ring can fix him."

"Um. Maybe. You would have to ask Ub'x or-."

The illusion wavers for a moment, causing Dreamer to gasp and grasp her head with her right hand.

"Lantern Peldak, where did you go after leaving here?"

"I just flew to the next system over so I could practice some. I didn't have anywhere else in mind." She twitches and fades. "I should work on that…"

And gone. I'd ask Dreamer how she is, but Vykin and Moonrider are checking her over. Okay, next system is… Ah, two she could be talking about, one with three gas giants and the other with two. Some automated mining, but the local species haven't anything like mined out their own system yet and no one else wants to start working so close to them.

"I'll take a look."

Wanting to get better, stronger. Learning to focus emotions should disrupt the general feel of residual desires…

I step out

and reappear next to the upper level of a hydrogen siphon. I can see the damage where the main magnetic column has been repeatedly pierced, and the armour plates slowly drifting away where they've been torn off and the charred metal where the defence turrets were destroyed. Not a lot of defences on something like this. An attacker would almost certainly prefer to take it intact so that they could use it in its former owner's place, and not putting heavier defences in places helps keep the cost down.

Hm.

Looks like standard energy pulses, various strengths. I drift around to one that feels like desire, but I can't see anything that would mark this turret out as more or less significant than the others.

How did she do that?

I… Dimly remember Indigo Lanterns being able to use other colours in the comics, but knowing what I do now about power rings… That doesn't make sense. Power rings are connected to a single emotion by their very structure, and naturally crowd the others out. You could make a ring that linked to multiple colours, but it would tear itself apart the moment you felt more than one emotion about something. Compassion isn't… Special in that sense, and in any case Dreamer's dream image showed us the simple indigo ring that I expected.

It should only work for compassion.

But that's clearly not the case.

BOOM!

I drift away from the damaged siphon as the Forevercar flies in, followed by Lightray and B'dg-. I hope he's got permission to be out of his Sector. I'd hate to get him in trouble for helping me. Dreamer makes eye contact with me and I gesture to the siphon with my right arm…

And look down at the swirling clouds of the gas giant below us, the siphon's funnel getting smaller and smaller before vanishing into invisibility well before it reaches the storm-wreathed atmosphere. It's… Actually beautiful.

Once this whole mess with the Anti-Life is over, I'd… Actually quite like to do a little sightseeing. Hopefully without spending the whole time working like last time.

I shake my head and fly back towards where Dreamer has summoned the local dream of Peldak. She's better able to interrogate it than I am, and I shouldn't just stick my oar in while she's getting reaccustomed to her own abilities. Instead, I fall in besides Lightray, who appears to be taking a similarly hands-off approach.

"Lightray, I have a question."

"Really? I have several."

"I'm happy to share any mission-critical information you want, and trade for most other things."

"No, I mean, in general."

I turn to look him full in the face, but he's… He's decided to be a nuisance. Fine, I'll just ask, then.

"With Infinity Man working for Apokolips, what happens to Prince Drax?"

He looks uncertain. "How do you know that name?"

"The fact that Uxas had a brother isn't a secret. The fact that he was friends with Izaya is not known to many, but it wasn't a secret either. The place on Apokolips where the Omega Force was stored before Uxas bonded with it isn't anything like as secure as it used to be. It wasn't as hard as you might think to work out that tales of Drax's death were somewhat exaggerated."

"I… See. I hadn't realised that your Lantern Corps' intelligence gathering was so… Thorough."

"The Reach are a problem for us now, but we know that we're going to have to deal with Darkseid afterwards. And that means that we need to know what's going on."

"Last time a Lantern Corps attacked Apokolips, it did not go well for them."

"Failure is just the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. So: Drax."

"We don’t know. The Forever People were our only way of contacting him. We are.. aware that Infinity Man's corrupted presence on your homeworld is our responsibility and we wish to deal with it as swiftly as possible. But we can't send it back to him in its corrupted state. We don't even know if he's still alive."

"If he's dead, can we send it back to wherever he was?"

"It… Would be better not to, but… Yes."

"Is there another way to get there?"

"Technically, yes. You get hit by the Omega Effect, and then you get very lucky."

The image of Peldak vanishes, and I give Dreamer my full attention.

"Where to, then?"

"Talok IV. She wanted to master her fear of the dark."

"Then let's go!"

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"so close"

But few to none get lucky.

25. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Hmm. Indigo lanterns can either teleport (comic canon) or they can make portals. If it is the latter, then maybe the planet Nok has an incomplete collection of Lantern Rings. Multiple colors. And Indigo lanterns are temporarily connecting to those rings in order to fake a multi-color ring.

26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The obvious answer is you don't know nearly as much as you think you do about Power Rings.

27. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Maybe indigo rings can make the user into the focus for channeling other colors? We know it's possible to use spectrum energy to some extent without a ring, even if you haven't ascended. That would explain how they use other colors, and why the power level of those colors is limited for them.

28. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Given their only response to threats seems to be 'play dead', I'm not surprised. On the upside, I'm sure it made their people's development of civilisation quite peaceful for once. Better than some, certainly.

Naturally compassionate of her. Though I suspect there was a hint of 'they could hurt my people with these. I don't want that to happen to them.'

The downfall of many a cocky new Lantern. The natural assumption that you are invincible, only to run face first into the fact that said invincibility is limited largely by your own emotional state.

Heh. she sounds like a sassy one, doesn't she?

Still makes me wonder how connected these images are to their original. Does the original experience a sort of 'deja vu dream' of this moment next time they sleep, I wonder?

To be fair, that's still a pretty big assumption OL's making. And the fact it gets him an Indigo Tribesman in a place he can encourage them to help Earth is a bonus, of course.

Heh. Dreamer pushing her luck a little, I see. And maybe getting a little negative feedback from it.

Very sensible of them. Don't want to poke the anthill, so to speak.

Good to see his own empathic senses are close enough now to get a workable lock on from the echoes.

And honestly, using force might be unnecessary anyway, depending on how good your electronic warfare capabilities are versus their intrusion countermeasures.

Sounds like she was testing her ability to emulate other emotions.

Which raises so many questions.

It is quite the conundrum, isn't it?

I suspect they have provisions now for encounters with you, OL. Probably something along the lines of 'try not to let the madman get up to any mischief unattended.'

Pfft. Buckley's chance, OL. Maybe in a few years time...

Oh, heck. Brace yourself, 'Ray.

Well, at least jolly cooperation is on the table.

Gee, guys who think they're comedians...

Oh, not finding things so funny all of a sudden, are we, 'Ray? :p

Oh, OL has all manner of sources. His ass, for instance. :V

Yes, still waiting for that big moment with Raker Qarrigat one day...

In other words, they're shit out of luck with it.

Since there'd be no directing intelligence any more to allow it to be resummoned, I take it.

Not really an option. We all know how OL's luck is.

At least this one went by without too much hassle, it seems.

Ah. Homeworld of a possible Sinestro Corpsman, and future birthplace of Shadow Lass of the Legion of Superheroes.

Well, their next destination promises all manner of entertaining moments, I think. Home of the Talokites, literal blue space people with shadow powers. Interesting that the image put it that way, though. 'Master her fear of the dark'? Sounds more like something a Sinestro Corpsman would do. I suppose we'll find out what happened shortly.

29. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

should -> she

30. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

This purple lantern is going to be first white lantern right?

kerleth likes this.